Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,191 members, 7,829,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

My ISP (Intercellular) Is Blocking Secure Sites (HTTPS) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My ISP (Intercellular) Is Blocking Secure Sites (HTTPS) (4055 Views)

Help! My Computer Is Blocking Email Applications - Gmail, Yahoomail, Etc / The Best ISP In Nigeria? / How Do I Disable Or Bypass My ISP Firewall? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My ISP (Intercellular) Is Blocking Secure Sites (HTTPS) by k9(m): 6:32pm On Jul 22, 2006
Is It Possible To Bypass My Isp's Firewall. They Won't Lemme Access Secure Sites

I have been experiencing a problem for looong time now. My problem is I cannot access secure sites (http'S'), which kills my browing xperience, (its crazy) and when I do i have 2 refresh d page 100 times which i never do. I always suspected it was my old laptop, thot it had some worms or malware and rubbish. but i just changed lappy's and I still have d same problem, and i thot, these mf***ers of an ISP have been messing wit me all these months, I call them and they confirm, they say their backbone has firewalled secure sites because of spam and rubbish, i hold maself from cursing d guy/his company, INTERCELLULAR (they the biggest bitches in the ISP game i tell ya.) and i swear i will not renew ma subscription with them when it xpires soon, that is y I need to find a good enough replacement ASAP. but that's proving a daunting task.

So in the event that I cannot find a replacement soon enough and i'm 'forced' 2 renew with the pricks is there a way i can bypass the firewalls and access secure sites? Keep in mind this is just plain secure sites and i aint doing any so called illegal thing like file sharing or the likes. I can't do stuff like log in to check my bank account details, and any site where I have to put in secure personal details, Is there a way out. I cannot afford not to be connected (and not access secure sites), specially at this point in time,

Thanks for any help.
Re: My ISP (Intercellular) Is Blocking Secure Sites (HTTPS) by Bolaji4349(m): 3:36pm On Jul 23, 2006
Hello K9

Sorry dat you re havin this difficulties! Firstly i dont no how that is true that INTERCELLULAR will have been so stupid enough to block traffic passing through port 443 i.e your https site. Then wht do they want you to use the internet for. just to chat or browse non-secure site?

Anyway if that is the case! that you re denied browsin secure site b'cos it has been firewalled, am afriad you might not have a solution for that, If you try to bypass the firewall, then maybe intercellular engineers are not good enough! The only thing you can do is change to starcomms or reltel or any other dialup servicing companies out there.

I see no reason why secure site should be blocked. most site for online transaction make do with https, as matter of fact most companies that offer email servicing this days are now using https when you try to log in to access your account, example is Google mail and even your popular YAHOO! now redirect you to use a secure manner in getting into your mail box. If truely ssl port has been blocked, then you re almost denied accessin most important site on the net,

So i advice you kick out their box and get another service from another company!
Re: My ISP (Intercellular) Is Blocking Secure Sites (HTTPS) by hayprof(m): 5:01pm On Jul 23, 2006
@K9 u heard wot Bolaji4349 said kick their box out and Switch!
Advice go for Reltel they r good,
Re: My ISP (Intercellular) Is Blocking Secure Sites (HTTPS) by k9(m): 9:10pm On Jul 23, 2006
Bolaji (and hayprof), thanks for the advice. Well in truth my ISP is that stupid and more to firewall secure sites, even tho they say it's from their backbone. BULL. But I have found a way around it, which means, as u say their engineers aren't good enuf. some1 made a suggestion https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-5425.32.html#msg514212 and i tried it, and it worked. Tho my technical knowhow aint that deep, I just wonder if there are security implications for my data using this, but i'm on it.
Re: My ISP (Intercellular) Is Blocking Secure Sites (HTTPS) by leketoye(m): 5:09pm On Jul 24, 2006
men, i noticed this same thing on my intercellular connection since last december.
I just abandoned the fone. NOW I'M OUT OF LAGOS. But when i get back next
month, I'll be moving to multilinks. They are good.

Intercellular sucks. I won't even bother trying to bypass their firewall.
For me it's been bye bye to intercellular.
Re: My ISP (Intercellular) Is Blocking Secure Sites (HTTPS) by bagoma(f): 7:59pm On Jul 24, 2006
k9,
intercellular sucks real bad.
they've been messed up since december like leketoye said, although they claim they working towards resolving these problems, but they are taking forever getting there. their customer care is rubbish too. now i just use them(intercellular) for NL and yahoo chats and stuffs while i just got myself multilinks for other things.
think abt switching brother.

(1) (Reply)

***~How Old Is Your Laptop~*** / 256k/512k Broadband Internet In Lagos? / "uncompacting" Outlook Express Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.