Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Help Needed: I Want To Buy PS 3, What Do I Need To Know Before Purchasing It - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Help Needed: I Want To Buy PS 3, What Do I Need To Know Before Purchasing It (1482 Views)

Ps 3 Super Slim For Sale / Xbox 360, PS 3,PS 2 consoles at Giveaway Prices...best deals ever / I Need Help To Crack My PS 3 ! (2) (3) (4)

Help Needed: I Want To Buy PS 3, What Do I Need To Know Before Purchasing It by rapcy(m): 11:02pm On Aug 12, 2014
Pls house help me out... i want to know what are the specs and what to watch out for before buying it... I am new to consoles...
Re: Help Needed: I Want To Buy PS 3, What Do I Need To Know Before Purchasing It by nigmarelli(m): 10:44pm On Aug 15, 2014
Greetings Mr Rapcy.Well it depends on what you wnat to use the PS3 for.If you want to play online;buying just anyone should be fine for you.Mind you the Cd's are expensive.By my knowledge the cheapest is 3k that is for the unpopular ones.Popular ones range from 6-14k maybe more.Most people go for the older versions ie the ones with later firmwares.Firmwares are key when trying to purchase PS3 consoles.The older firmwares can be hacked talking about 3.55 and below with a software which allows you to play backup of games you own and dont own from an external hard drive or internal if you get a PS3 with a large internal drive thereby saving your lens lifespan.I personally sell the games for use on hacked consoles at affordable prices.For more info.Check out my thread or whatsapp or call me on this number:08081579796.Cheers.Hope this helps.
Re: Help Needed: I Want To Buy PS 3, What Do I Need To Know Before Purchasing It by bbfanboy01: 6:58pm On Aug 16, 2014
Brand NEW Sealed PS4 for Sell. +. fifa 14, metal gear
solid.v. and killzone zone shadow fall. Swapin with a ps3
wil b welcomed
Re: Help Needed: I Want To Buy PS 3, What Do I Need To Know Before Purchasing It by smith4real1980: 2:05pm On Aug 17, 2014
bbfanboy01: Brand NEW Sealed PS4 for Sell. +. fifa 14, metal gear
wil b welcomed
am interested bro,add me up on wats app let's talk 08037967421,or drop ur number,wud cal u
Re: Help Needed: I Want To Buy PS 3, What Do I Need To Know Before Purchasing It by countsparrow: 7:25pm On Aug 17, 2014
wil b welcomed

Hehehehe... Dis deal sounds too good to be true...
Re: Help Needed: I Want To Buy PS 3, What Do I Need To Know Before Purchasing It by bbfanboy01: 4:16pm On Aug 18, 2014
countsparrow:

Hehehehe... Dis deal sounds too good to be true...

and y..? Pls Wat point are u trying to make.?. to swap a ps4 for a ps3 n den balancing. sounds too good to be true?
Re: Help Needed: I Want To Buy PS 3, What Do I Need To Know Before Purchasing It by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 19, 2014
nigmarelli: Greetings Mr Rapcy.Well it depends on what you wnat to use the PS3 for.If you want to play online;buying just anyone should be fine for you.Mind you the Cd's are expensive.By my knowledge the cheapest is 3k that is for the unpopular ones.Popular ones range from 6-14k maybe more.Most people go for the older versions ie the ones with later firmwares.Firmwares are key when trying to purchase PS3 consoles.The older firmwares can be hacked talking about 3.55 and below with a software which allows you to play backup of games you own and dont own from an external hard drive or internal if you get a PS3 with a large internal drive thereby saving your lens lifespan.I personally sell the games for use on hacked consoles at affordable prices.For more info.Check out my thread or whatsapp or call me on this number:08081579796.Cheers.Hope this helps.

Its not just firmwares, but the console itself. Newer batches of the console cannot be hacked. Although theoretically it is possible.
Re: Help Needed: I Want To Buy PS 3, What Do I Need To Know Before Purchasing It by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 19, 2014
rapcy: Pls house help me out... i want to know what are the specs and what to watch out for before buying it... I am new to consoles...

Apart from the fact that you need to buy a UPS with your console, there really isn't much about specs. Its not like a laptop that you have to know what spec you need. The UPS is extremely important.

The only other thing to bear in mind is the size of the hard disk. Apart from that any PS3 off the shelf is good enough.

If you are buying a fairly used one then you should know that there is the hacked type which allows you to download games and play without having to buy the actual game. But with the hacked one you cannot play online. And then there is the other one which is not hacked.
Re: Help Needed: I Want To Buy PS 3, What Do I Need To Know Before Purchasing It by nigmarelli(m): 11:38pm On Aug 19, 2014
Howdy Princefunmi.I only replied him based on his post.Just to guide him on which to buy by letting him know there are hackable and non hackable consoles.And from my research all consoles with 3.55 or lower can be softmodded and certain consoles above 3.55 can be downgraded using E3 flasher,progskeet and teensy++ to 3.55 to enable the softmodding process.
Re: Help Needed: I Want To Buy PS 3, What Do I Need To Know Before Purchasing It by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 20, 2014
nigmarelli: Howdy Princefunmi.I only replied him based on his post.Just to guide him on which to buy by letting him know there are hackable and non hackable consoles.And from my research all consoles with 3.55 or lower can be softmodded and certain consoles above 3.55 can be downgraded using E3 flasher,progskeet and teensy++ to 3.55 to enable the softmodding process.

Very True.
Re: Help Needed: I Want To Buy PS 3, What Do I Need To Know Before Purchasing It by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 20, 2014
wil b welcomed

Oya now!!

I dey gidigba for that one

Where you dey? I'm in Lagos

buzz me 08076311299
Re: Help Needed: I Want To Buy PS 3, What Do I Need To Know Before Purchasing It by bbfanboy01: 7:19pm On Aug 20, 2014
princefunmi:

Oya now!!

I dey gidigba for that one

Where you dey? I'm in Lagos

buzz me 08076311299

07052430031. u can cal me.

Riddle Of The Decade : Can You Solve This? / Fifa 17 For Sale / The Hardest Mobile Game On Android