Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,742 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Nigeria Police Get Approval To Recruit More Personnel – Official - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria Police Get Approval To Recruit More Personnel – Official (26539 Views)

Immigration To Recruit 5,000 Personnel Soon / Nigerian Army 72 Regular Recruit Intake For 2014/2015 Out. / Good News! Immigration Set To Recruit 5,000 Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Police Get Approval To Recruit More Personnel – Official by unuane1(m): 6:19am On Aug 13, 2014
The Acting Inspector-General of Police, Suleiman Abba, said on Tuesday that the police had got approval to recruit more personnel into the force.

Mr. Abba, who made this known when he received the United Arab Emirate Ambassador to Nigeria, Mohmud Mohammed, at the Force Headquarters, Abuja, said the recruitment would begin soon.

He said that some equipment bought by the Federal Government to enhance the capacity of the police in fighting crimes would soon be handed over to the force.

Mr. Abba also received Francis Bray, Deputy Chief of Mission in the U.S. Embassy in Nigeria. He commended the U.S. and said he was mindful of the existing relationship between the force and it.

He said the relationship had been of immense benefit, particularly to the Nigeria Police in terms of training of personnel on counter-terrorism, investigation, and leadership.

“I am aware that there are a number of training programmes sponsored by the U.S. for the Nigeria Police which helps to improve the capacity of our personnel.

“A good example of that of course is the training conducted by the U.S. West Regional Centre in Accra, Ghana.

“I am also aware that just in the next few weeks, a number of police officers from Nigeria will be benefiting from those courses,” Mr. Abba said.

He said the equipment donated to the force by the U.S. had helped it record initial breakthrough in the investigation of the bomb blast which rocked the EMAB plaza in Abuja on June 25.

The police chief called for the sustenance of the relationship between the police and the U.S.
Earlier, Mr. Bray described the relationship between the force and his country as “historic’’ and urged that it should be sustained.

“We have always been able to depend on you, and hopefully, you should be able to depend on us, we look forward to continuing the good relationship.

“This should include anti-terrorism assistance training and investigation. We are always here if you need us,” Mr. Bray said.
(NAN)
https://m.premiumtimesng.com/news/166616-nigeria-police-get-approval-to-recruit-more-personnel-official.html

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police Get Approval To Recruit More Personnel – Official by justi4jesu(f): 8:26am On Aug 13, 2014
God bless Nigerian police.

I hope our aim in life is to be moving forward not backwards?

Good move all the same.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police Get Approval To Recruit More Personnel – Official by hazyfm: 8:27am On Aug 13, 2014
noted
Re: Nigeria Police Get Approval To Recruit More Personnel – Official by DonaldGenes(m): 8:27am On Aug 13, 2014
Hmmmmmmmmmph

Why Police or Nigerian armed Forces always recruiting but then Juicy Nigerian Agencies like NNPC, NSE, DPR, and NDDC will never recruit same as this Nig Armed forces, .I thought People in hundreds retire every six months..Why wait after 4 years to recruit a microscopic Privileged Individuals especially NNPC is fond of that.....

But that's by the way, I Think Giving people grants or loans to be self-employed is the best thing than sitting in the office, Carrying dusted files of 1940, Selling Okris, gossiping and taking pictures.. That's redundancy..

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police Get Approval To Recruit More Personnel – Official by QMark: 8:29am On Aug 13, 2014
Do we really need numbers first or a re-orientation of the current police?

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police Get Approval To Recruit More Personnel – Official by priscaoge(f): 8:30am On Aug 13, 2014
Eyop will love this grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Get Approval To Recruit More Personnel – Official by sirjohnson(m): 8:30am On Aug 13, 2014
Embezzlement things.You need to read this crazy BBC article on Nigerian police. Read it HERE.Who is fooling who in this nation?
Re: Nigeria Police Get Approval To Recruit More Personnel – Official by tempest01(m): 8:32am On Aug 13, 2014
We should go back to when there were road blocks. But discipline should be instilled in the force. They should not be mandated to check particulars because that's what brings corruption. If they check licence check car registration and correspond it to the driver, then check occupants, then there is no more reason to hold back a driver

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Get Approval To Recruit More Personnel – Official by epospiky(m): 8:32am On Aug 13, 2014
my prayer is that the recruitement is utilized as intended.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Get Approval To Recruit More Personnel – Official by Okijajuju1(m): 8:33am On Aug 13, 2014
grin lol..

Officers Shun. angry

I would have revised the minimum entry requirement into the Police force before calling for a new recruitment. Its embarassing to have Officers that cant even write a single sentence of english.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Get Approval To Recruit More Personnel – Official by condralbede(m): 8:33am On Aug 13, 2014
That z good.....I pray they recruit gallant men n women....not by who knw who
Re: Nigeria Police Get Approval To Recruit More Personnel – Official by akinvest(m): 8:34am On Aug 13, 2014
Ok now lets go there!
Re: Nigeria Police Get Approval To Recruit More Personnel – Official by borlarge(m): 8:35am On Aug 13, 2014
OK NW
Re: Nigeria Police Get Approval To Recruit More Personnel – Official by priscaoge(f): 8:35am On Aug 13, 2014
anonimi:

If you know of any criminal that is about to be recruited it is your civic duty & RESPONSIBILITY to find creative ways to alert relevant authorities, nor be so correct citizen dey do

Anyway good move again by the Jonathan/Sambo administration to not only create employment but also increase law & order in our society a necessary pre-requisite for increasing investments that will further generate more employment.

When will our progreTHIEF state governors and their not-so-progreTHIEF counterparts recruit PROFESSIONAL qualified teachers for our primary, VOCATIONAL, secondary and TECHNICAL schools
Lmao cheesy Civic duty indeed grin.

BTW GEJ is working!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Get Approval To Recruit More Personnel – Official by Swagavillage(m): 8:37am On Aug 13, 2014
really??
Re: Nigeria Police Get Approval To Recruit More Personnel – Official by priscaoge(f): 8:37am On Aug 13, 2014
DonaldGenes:

This madam again? You no go chill

There is one Nairaland policewoman here too

Lmao cheesy She will arrest me abi undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police Get Approval To Recruit More Personnel – Official by dulaman: 8:38am On Aug 13, 2014
I hope there won't be anothy stampede like that of immigration

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy / CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC / Federal Ministry Of Water Resources Port Harcourt Recruitment (Apply Now)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.