Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,775 members, 7,820,713 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Plsss Preview My New Updated Site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Plsss Preview My New Updated Site (2021 Views)

Site Review Plsss / Plsss Preview My New Updated Site / Pls Preview My New Updated Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by switchmax8: 1:43pm On Oct 20, 2008
Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by Kobojunkie: 4:41pm On Oct 20, 2008
We live in the year 2008 and believe you me, there are 1000’s of other small businesses out there that are competing for the same projects that you are. The site is quite disappointment for a firm that offers design services. Your site should feature the best design you can produce. It is advertisement for your business and it needs to catch the attention of your potential clients from the first click. I would not hire you to handle my design work on seeing that site as it just tells me that you may not really know what the word DESIGN even means. Harsh, sure but I am being honest here!
Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by tboy1(m): 4:54pm On Oct 20, 2008
I agree with Kobojunkie. The site is plain and boring.
You also said you offer: Dreamweaver and Flash Animation/Swishmax
Try and put this in practice with this your website

Also: I had to highlight the tabs below [ Home || about us || Services || Training|| Contact us] before i could read it properly
Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by thehomer: 9:56pm On Oct 20, 2008
I would rate that as a 1 out of 10. You could try to at least use templates available on Dreamweaver that you would use to train others.
Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by yawatide(f): 10:01pm On Oct 20, 2008
thehomer et al,

u need to c what was there b4. Perhaps after seeing it, you would have given this new one 3 out of 10 tongue
Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by ogbongzky(m): 10:14pm On Oct 20, 2008
my blog even tight pass the site, www.ogbongeblog..com
Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by blacksta(m): 11:11am On Oct 21, 2008
very very very poor considering it was done by a web developer. This site would have been done by a primary school student studying IT. Please review other web development company sites and see whats on offer
Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by BigStar1(m): 11:22am On Oct 21, 2008
Well, it's not even showing again. but it's good as the guy show himself for accessment i believe he won't see the replies as insult but challenges.

Pls let check on this one as well www.orisfish.com and let me know the faults. I'm into real aspx.net applications that one is just for fun, but i may still need to improve on it.
Thanks
Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by Afam(m): 1:43pm On Oct 21, 2008
@topic,

For someone willing to train other on web development I believe you should have a decent and effective website, not necessarily flashy but simple and useful.

Take a look at any website you like ans see if you can come up with something similar, that way you will uncover a lot of tricks and skills while trying to develop the site.

Practice, practice, practice. Good luck.
Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by switchmax8: 10:15am On Oct 22, 2008
Thanks for all the comments i did not see any of the comments as an insult rather than an avenue to improve we are all here to teach one another am i guess i have been improving due to comments from fellows like you.it is nice and i will appreciate if other aspect of development is notify to me am the willing to learn type.I will keep on updating and improving to the taste that people can be proud of here.thanks once again and God bless you all and me as well.
Oneluv
Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by webguru(m): 8:05pm On Oct 23, 2008
Ah. I know the perfect medicine for you.

Visit www.smashingmagazine.com, www.photoshopstar.com

download most of their web design articles

I also went thru that phase in design though nt as bad as urs wink

the result on me: www.profabrahamosinubi.com
an original design im proud of.
compared to www.profakinwandedental.com smiley
Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by ogbongzky(m): 12:47pm On Oct 24, 2008
check this out, www.ogbongeblog
Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by yawatide(f): 3:16pm On Oct 24, 2008
big star,

wow! I didn't know there were white people fishing in the ocean at your location undecided undecided

Couldn't you, assuming you don't have a digital camera to take photos of the actual location, at the very least get photos featuring black fishermen (excluding the one to the right)?
Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by BigStar1(m): 11:25am On Oct 28, 2008
Hi Yawa-ti-de, thanks alot for the notice. It's a very good one.

Kudos to you, and all the Nairalanders.
Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by olush0la(m): 4:34pm On Oct 28, 2008
There's a huge difference between a web developer and an interface/web designer.
If you are not too good with the visuals side of things, contract that side out.
'Cos really, let's face it, your application might be able to save the world, but if it's
not visually appealling, fuggid bourrit!

@webguru:
Nice thing that you pointed Switchmax to resource websites. BUT,
I'm so sorry to say this, your own designs are worse than his. Heck!
Try these resources:
www[dot]htmldog[dot]com
and/or
www[dot]w3schools[dot]com

It always pays off to start from the ground up.
Everytime you visit a website that you like, view the Page Source.
See how the code is structured, view linked css files and compare them with what
you have done in the past.

Coding is not typewriting BUT it can be done right.
If you need help, I can fast track you (in my own limited way)
Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by yawatide(f): 5:13pm On Oct 28, 2008
LOL,

Let the wars begin!

Gotta love it!!
Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by basking4me: 9:04pm On Nov 08, 2008
Yawa why now, ?
Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by OmniPotens(m): 10:03pm On Nov 08, 2008
Hey, remember this is just for a review. No wars! Suggestions only.

@poster
If you find it too difficult to come up with a good layout, go search for boiler plates, look at different designs, mock up yours as you want then do your design. This way, you'll achieve something better.
Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by dayotee2(m): 7:18pm On Nov 09, 2008
Hi switchmax8,

Preamble:

I would have loved to do it to you my mail but haven gone through your site in and out, I couldnt get a contact email address and am not sure if your "info" is active

Now your website review according to MOA:

Your website will pass for an aplus if it was presented in the 90s where you have to write your HTML codes manually but to be presented in the 21st century as a website development firm's official website is higly unacceptable.

First:

you fail to add your company logo to your website, and your header reads:  Switchmax Web Design and Develoment I think the develoment should have a P ,  if u use dreamweaver, its best you run spell checking on your website content.

secondly: Your content placement is very poor, you home page should be your about us while your about us should be the intro text for your about us page with a "read more" button or something.

thirdly:

On your contact us page: this line has got a missing txt: You can contact us "with the form" below for information on our services and Training below.

I would rather have it this way: please use the form below to contact us on our services and training , 

and since you train people on CSS, you should use some of those knowledge on your site before you transfer everything to your students.

Your service page: You may need a content development expert eye on that because the content is clumsy and lousy.

On what is suppose to be your second paragraph, you have:

We listen carefully to your needs and wishes and work with you to produce a site that is unique and individual.

please how do produce a website that is individual?

We will design an original web set for your site, consisting of Background design,Graphics,Animation and Basic logo or banner.

is there a fake web set?

Finally

except you outsource your jobs ooo, which I will gladly welcome if you need hands on your project, you will need to do more than your website presentation to convince me to give you my website project account.

well i will be glad to give you a helping hand and we can walk through your website together ,  just drop me a mail.

my email address is : temi@tebixcreative.com.

Last Note:

There are a lot more things wrong with this site and it beyond the design, your choice of words, content placement and a lot more are just not what you do in the 21st century. I sincerely hope you do not take offense, this is my job to help organization communicate there brand effectively using the internet and it will be my pleasure to help revamp your website.

@Big Star

You will need to do more than this to claim the title you bear (big star), http://www.orisfish.com/ ,  its like only the homepage work, even if you are doing this for free, you should do better because beyond the website owner trying to communicate her brand, you are also communication your brand and you should put in you BEST at all time because you don't know which if your jobs will win you the BIG contracts ,  so stop working for fun, every JOB counts.

Regards.

Temidayo Oyebade

Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by webguru(m): 5:17pm On Nov 18, 2008
let the wars begin then angry olushola

<realising we may b working together on the nigerian project, i'll tone this down>

if u read my last post well, i said profabrahamosinubi.com was a proof as against my earlier design of profakinwandedental.com

about my site design, i think its tops for a web developer and for a project of a small budget, it cld be improved upon, sure.
plus its functional.

that u'll fast track my learning is funny and im dumbfounded; thanks but no thanks embarassed

By the way, last time i checked, none of your designs were Behind, esp for someone who's been in this for some time

Id be glad to give you design and functionality lessons cheesy cool
Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by webguru(m): 5:24pm On Nov 18, 2008
OMG! You designed orifish.com! that site is so ugly!!!

im afraid i may nt be able to help u in ur design, this is too bad grin

oh by d way, i see we run things is nt ur design. just so u know b4 quoting it, hey no hard feelings oh(just beefing u ni oh)
Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by olush0la(m): 5:38pm On Nov 24, 2008
Child,
Go play somewhere.
I'm busy.
Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by webguru(m): 7:54pm On Jan 06, 2009
ok son
Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by yawatide(f): 8:51pm On Jan 06, 2009
switch,

thanks for removing that scary face animation. You don't know how much money you stand to make without it, trust me.

good luck!
Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 06, 2009
Ehm @yawa - i havent seen the former version of the site - i don't wish to make any comment - i am a coder not a designer - but i think this site i am looking at here is too plain to be a web designer's job don't u think? it seem to be more boring than my site considering i am not an interface developer - and i did not outsource any aspect of my site.

and trust me i tried to submit a blank form and this is what i got

Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by yawatide(f): 6:08am On Jan 07, 2009
If you saw the old one, blv me, you would give the guy A for effort, that is, before you went to testing his form cool
Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by Nobody: 6:18am On Jan 07, 2009
That meant he adheres to correction - my old site when i first came to NL was by far worse than what this guy just did - so i guess he is improving - he will get there eventually as long as he keeps trying.
Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by OmniPotens(m): 6:38am On Jan 07, 2009
He does take corrections and improves on them. Just like him for that and believe me, he has improved.

@switchmax8

Keep working harder!
Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:53pm On Jan 08, 2009
@switchmax8

you are the definition of a baldy-haired Hulk Hogan in 2009, grin (you take a licking and keep on kicking)

It is refreshing to know that some people take unreasonably undiplomatic, slash-you-neck criticism in a mature way.

1: I like the fact that the site is easy on the eyes, Question? have you decided the type of clients you wish to target? most i suspect are of the high-action type who want to see vibrance, color, splash and lights with some level of maturity. the color scheme though tame might not suit your purpose. pick some web-safe colors that show some vibrancy
2: I also like the fact that you have organized your navigation and placed it prominently on the right-side of the screen-estate. i feel there the buttons need to stand out from the background rather than blend in. and there is some cloud effect in there or is it steam
3: While you have used white space b/w content and other structural elements properly (sort of) you have ignored alignment of text and form elements so that they align rightly or leftly as you want it (proper alignment of forms and text make the site look cooler and mature than what you have done)

@switchmax8 like hulk hogan, will will win another wwf title (yet again)
Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by Afam4eva(m): 7:46pm On Jan 08, 2009
I think we are all here to learn from one another, so with the advice he's gonna improve on it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is There Any Specific Difference Btw .com And .com.ng / Are There No Affordable Premium Template Of Quality? / Facebook Blocked My Url

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.