Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,801 members, 7,813,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

Plsss Preview My New Updated Site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Plsss Preview My New Updated Site (1194 Views)

Site Review Plsss / Plsss Preview My New Updated Site / Pls Preview My New Updated Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by switchmax8: 1:44pm On Oct 20, 2008
Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by kehers(m): 2:14pm On Oct 20, 2008
Ok, a quick review.
1. The contrast colors are, what is the word now? What Im really driving at is that the 2 blue shades dont jell
2. The space at the top, wat is it for? Planning to put a banner or image there? Or av it there and it is not showing up?
3. Writing ur content in bold makes d site looks somehow. U dont av to av all ur content in bold. Besides, you didnt properly punctuate the content. The about page for example av words seperated in commas like this: item1,item2,item3. You should seperate ur commas wit spaces like this item1, item2, item3
4. What about padding the inner content - i.e giving a space between the walls of the content box and the text in it? The way the texts are touching the box wall arent just right
That s d quick ones I notice in a fast glimpse, Will look more into it and let u on others
Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by yawatide(f): 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2008
Thanks for sparing us the nightmare of seeing the photo of whomever in the banner area. Seriously! I think photo single-handedly would have done you more harm than good with respect to credibility. In addition to what kehers has said:

1) I go here http://www.switchmaxdesign.com/contactus.html and click submit, without filling out a field and I get this:
Error!! You are required to fill the empty field
on this page: http://www.switchmaxdesign.com/index.php

Cdnt you have handled your validation a little differently, like show me my errors on the actual page (I am thinking javascript here or even PHP, highlighting fields not filled out) without making a round trip to the sever, only to be told I didn't fill out a required field and you don't tell me which field I didn't fill out properly?

2) Get rid of the white color for the page headers.

3) kehers, I too c the open area at the top but if you look closely (which you probably have), you will notice that the area "jumps" after the page loads. this leads me to blv that there is some animation file that will play there. Hopefully, it isn't the same one with the scary face that was on the old site tongue

Switchmax, the site, provided you correct the mentioned errors will be much better than what you had before. I will however hold out on a full endorsement until I see what you have in your banner area.

Thanks,
Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by charliebiz(m): 3:09pm On Oct 20, 2008
Sorry switchmax that i made a comment concerning your first website when you were bidding for a job in the programming section but remember i said that i had to do it to compel a reaction from you which you have done, i was privilegde to see your first design and i tell you that the second design is better off than the first. I have not really gone round it but on the first page the link below you content. i don't quit agree with the Blue color hyperlink and the black background. I think white, limegreen or a lighter blue will be better. This is just my opinion as a learner in the same field.
Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by switchmax8: 9:42am On Oct 22, 2008
Thanks for the whole comments i did not see anyone of them hurtful but as an avenue to improve in all ramification and i will be glad for more advice and changes that you people think i should make.
Thanks once more and we continue to learn from one another God will bless everyone of you that has contributed and me as well.
Oneluv
Re: Plsss Preview My New Updated Site by mrjef: 3:34pm On Dec 26, 2018
lol

(1) (Reply)

Website Review / How To Advert On Facebook With 1 Cent / Moderators And Admins Wanted For Www .nanaija. Com - Very Good Monthly Pay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.