Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,828 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

What Are Your Career Goals? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Are Your Career Goals? (4485 Views)

3 Sharp Ways To Achieve Your Career Goals In 2016 / A Friend Lost His Job: How To Future-proof Your Career! / Did You Achieve Your Career Goals In 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Career Goals? by Seun(m): 8:56pm On Jul 22, 2006
What are your career goals?

Well, I guess mine are:
- To earn lots of money legitimately.
- To achieve this without working for a giant, soulless company.
- To own a lot of important businesses like power plants, TV stations, and publishing houses.

I can't think of anything else. Can you? Let's know your own career goals! Thanks.
Re: What Are Your Career Goals? by diddy4(m): 9:12pm On Jul 22, 2006
i got it big man. i gott@ be made you know what im saying.

im currently an electrical engineering major and im gon do ma masters in business admin and marketing.

i wann@ import and export crude oil, build state of the art high school for my wife, build state of the art hospital for my sisters, own my own computer company. go into gas station business and of course my own clothing line with my own unique designs.

its all about the benjamins man.

working in shell or microsoft after my graduation wont be a bad idea at all. a brother gott@ start somewhere.

God help me as i help maself. Amen.
Re: What Are Your Career Goals? by edygirl(f): 9:12pm On Jul 22, 2006
To be a great nurse(surgical nurse). By the grace of God very soon.
Re: What Are Your Career Goals? by Teezy(f): 9:18pm On Jul 22, 2006
I wana be an interrior dessigner. I also wana have my own dance studio (which is currently in the works) There would be like a summer programn to teach kids different types of dance at certain ages. Teezy f. baby Studios yup dts right cool dont wrry ill think of a better name lol. tongue Watever it is i wana do ill do it myself dont plan on have nobody as my boss except myself wink
Re: What Are Your Career Goals? by diddy4(m): 9:19pm On Jul 22, 2006
yeah girl you got it going. no one is da boss of me. im da boss.
Re: What Are Your Career Goals? by gem87(f): 10:17pm On Jul 22, 2006
for me - i'm gonna be a social worker cuz i wanna help people and make a difference in people's lives
then open an NGO (non-governmental organisation) to help young people
and open up a business - the last 2 in naija of course
Re: What Are Your Career Goals? by memyself2(f): 10:44pm On Jul 22, 2006
gem87:

for me - i'm going to be a social worker because i want to help people and make a difference in people's lives
then open an NGO (non-governmental organisation) to help young people
and open up a business - the last 2 in naija of course

---*clap,clap,clap* good4u!

lets see, what i'd like to do with my life?, i'd like to work for an organization like UNICEF because it has to do with helping children and disadvantaged women, i'm doing that with law ofcourse, so i'd like to be a damn good lawyer, an excellent one.
i'd like to practise in Africa because my loyalties lie with Africa, i'd really like to see the end of child abuse(in all forms), i'd like to see a woman doing the jobs considered "manly" without eye brows being raised! i'd like to make a difference in the situation of women and children all over.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Career Goals? by Seun(m): 10:54pm On Jul 22, 2006
i'd like to see a woman doing the jobs considered "manly" without eye brows being raised!
This is a commendable goal but the best way to achieve this is to own a profitable business with 'manly' jobs and employ women. The NGO route is not the right route to take.
Re: What Are Your Career Goals? by waleleader(m): 11:08pm On Jul 22, 2006
i want to be a highly respected Technocrat. become GMD NNPC or chairman of OPEC council.

i'll also be a columnist in a national newspaper(preferably Guardian) and be a young people's mentor. Maybe some politics if my society ask for my expertise.

if you can picture Prof wole Soyinka, Rilwanu Lukman, Prof. Pat Utomi and Dr Ben Carson as one person, That'd be me.
Re: What Are Your Career Goals? by krazysage(m): 11:56pm On Jul 22, 2006
Become a thoracic of trauma surgeon. Work with minorities inorder to increase the amout of minority students in medical schools. Create a healthcare organization that will enlist physicians, dentists, and nurses including those still being trained to provide free healthcare for people in the outskirts of nigeria and the carribeans.
Re: What Are Your Career Goals? by memyself2(f): 12:48am On Jul 23, 2006
Seun:

This is a commendable goal but the best way to achieve this is to own a profitable business with 'manly' jobs and employ women. The NGO route is not the right route to take.
-thanks but u say the NGO route isnt the right way to achieve this? what exactly do you mean? if you are talking about UNICEF, its really an inter governmental organizatoin. and that should give me the leverage i need. but thanks anyway, but correct me,if you dont think i understand you.
Re: What Are Your Career Goals? by Shagari2(m): 1:15am On Jul 23, 2006
Help people and make money
Save the world and make money
Make money
Make money
Do good to all and make money
Make money
Be a positive role model and make money
Make money
Enjoy my career and make money
Make money

and the least important of all, make money.
Re: What Are Your Career Goals? by robby1(m): 1:26am On Jul 23, 2006
Most are saying they want to be. i don't even "want". i am going to be

The most sucesful pilot in the whole wide world, and make a good name to myself. Good name is better than wealth y'all (doresent mean i dont want money too lol)
Re: What Are Your Career Goals? by Nobody: 2:04am On Jul 23, 2006
nursing/modeling/acting,
Re: What Are Your Career Goals? by shadex1(m): 4:50am On Jul 23, 2006
Be an R&B artist
Own various business centres
Re: What Are Your Career Goals? by Nobody: 5:28am On Jul 23, 2006
aww i wanna hear u sing
Re: What Are Your Career Goals? by Teezy(f): 5:55am On Jul 23, 2006
me too grin
Re: What Are Your Career Goals? by newgospel: 4:54pm On Jul 23, 2006
Welcome Almighty Father into the New World says[center]New – Born Gospellers[/center]

[center]ANNOUNCEMENT[/center]

The Almighty Father Has Visited The World!

The World turned new for all living souls in the image of God, to have a renewed heart and pleasant living.

To avoid SATANIC acts, The New world Resolution is:

· Be godly!
· To live unique in the Lord,
· Desist form wrong society and sinful behaviours.

Salvation belongs to our God who sits upon the throne and to the Lamb! As we are absolved into Sonship as Prince and Princess, let the Universe give glory to the Lord and say, AMEN!

Happy New-World!
Congratulations to you all!

For Spiritual Upliftment and Devotion, come to

219, Herbert – Macaulay Street,
Opposite Rowe-Park, Yaba,
Lagos, Nigeria.
Hotlines: +234-802-314-2521, +234-803-818-0804
Newborngospellerstracts@yahoo.com
Re: What Are Your Career Goals? by kellorah: 5:55pm On Jul 23, 2006
be a solicitor!!
Re: What Are Your Career Goals? by somebody(f): 6:01pm On Jul 23, 2006
Start an MBA at Harvard Business in three years and then start up my -------- business in Naija. Use my business to provide employment for thousands, help the less privileged and of course become a billionaire by the age of 30. All this will be possible by His grace!!!
Re: What Are Your Career Goals? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 23, 2006
Finish grad school in 4 yrs and become a research scientist in a pharmaceutical company with interests in respiratory disease.
Re: What Are Your Career Goals? by LiquidMind(m): 8:04pm On Jul 23, 2006
To Work with NASA and become an astronaut
Re: What Are Your Career Goals? by kellorah: 8:20pm On Jul 23, 2006
somebody:

Start an MBA at Harvard Business in three years and then start up my -------- business in Naija. Use my business to provide employment for thousands, help the less privileged and of course become a billionaire by the age of 30. All this will be possible by His grace!!!
GOD BLESS YOU DEAR!
it will be
amen
Re: What Are Your Career Goals? by somebody(f): 9:46pm On Jul 23, 2006
thanks kellorah
Re: What Are Your Career Goals? by kellorah: 9:47pm On Jul 23, 2006
wink
Re: What Are Your Career Goals? by diddy4(m): 9:51pm On Jul 23, 2006
@somebody

By HIS grace, i hope you know you got 8 years to be a billionaire like oprah. wink wink
Re: What Are Your Career Goals? by kellorah: 9:53pm On Jul 23, 2006
diddy4:

@somebody

By HIS grace, i hope you know you got 8 years to be a billionaire like oprah. wink wink
amen
Re: What Are Your Career Goals? by diddy4(m): 9:58pm On Jul 23, 2006
how come u didnt say amen to my own above huh?
Re: What Are Your Career Goals? by somebody(f): 10:05pm On Jul 23, 2006
@ diddy4, I know I have eight years - don't worry am on course with my plans. I say amen to your own career goals.
Re: What Are Your Career Goals? by diddy4(m): 10:10pm On Jul 23, 2006
@somebody

Thank you dear. you are the only somebody that is somebody in here, out of all these lots even kelly. Goodluck hun. rock naija with the money mami.
Re: What Are Your Career Goals? by kellorah: 10:11pm On Jul 23, 2006
amen to diddy's
Re: What Are Your Career Goals? by diddy4(m): 10:15pm On Jul 23, 2006
now she says it. Thanks hun and same to yours.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PUBLIC SPEAKING (ORATORY) SCHOOL IN PORT HARCOURT / Start Any Of These Businesses With 100K Or Less And Say No To Poverty / 25,000 Naira Salary As A Banker: Is This Fair?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.