Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian - Celebrities (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian (29445 Views)

Darey Ft. Chamillionaire On ‘the Way You Are’ - Listen Here / Darey Art Alade Records With Us Rapper Chamillionaire / Chamillionaire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian by Sista(f): 10:52pm On Dec 12, 2006
@Radiant

He can also be called an AA despite of his Nigerian origin. It goes both ways.
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian by Radiant(f): 10:57pm On Dec 12, 2006
Exactly! Anyone you call him, he is. wink grin
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian by Sista(f): 1:48am On Dec 13, 2006
@Radiant

Exactly! Anyone you call him, he is.

I thought that was my whole point in the beginning. Well, at least we both agree, no matter how long it took grin
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian by Radiant(f): 5:44pm On Dec 13, 2006
For once wink grin grin grin
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian by jaybaby(f): 10:44am On Dec 14, 2006
Nonsense
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian by aihie354: 6:38am On Feb 09, 2007
okay
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian by Uche2nna(m): 6:56am On Feb 09, 2007
And I am the queen of sheba
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian by dblock(m): 8:07am On Feb 09, 2007
Really shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian by jaybaby(f): 8:10pm On Feb 10, 2007
WEtin b my own?
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian by dblock(m): 4:13am On Feb 11, 2007
Yo Jay what you got against me undecided
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian by jaybaby(f): 6:07pm On Feb 11, 2007
Dat reply wasnt 4 U-It's 4 Uche2nna wink
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian by dblock(m): 9:31am On Feb 12, 2007
True, but what have you got aginst me wink
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian by jaybaby(f): 4:40pm On Feb 12, 2007
nUTTIN LOVE kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian by Name(m): 4:45pm On Feb 12, 2007
Ahhhh Nigerians

Wonders sha never end. lipsrsealed
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian by alabiyemmy(m): 6:16pm On Feb 14, 2007
From"Wikipedia" the online encyclopedia - He is realy Nigerian.

After his parents, a Muslim father from Oyo State, Nigeria and a Christian mother separated in his early teenage years, Chamillionaire settled into a notoriously dangerous inner-city neighborhood in North West Houston called Acres Homes, which he elaborated upon during an interview with Houston's 104.9 KPTY on October 3. Rap and other forms of secular music, which his parents had highly opposed in their household, became very appealing to the young Hakeem Seriki. Inspired by local rap acts such as The Geto Boys, 8 Ball & MJG, and UGK, as well as other national acts such as N.W.A. and Public Enemy, Chamillionaire began to compose his own rhymes.

At a young age, Chamillionaire, along with fellow rap music artist and childhood friend Paul Wall, had decided to make music their careers. One day while promoting themselves at a Texas event, he and Paul Wall ran into Michael 5000 Watts, a popular mixtape DJ from the Northside. After proposing to do promotions for Watts' company, the Swishahouse, Chamillionaire and Paul Wall came to Watts' studio and convinced Watts to allow them freestyle on an intro to Watts' radio show on Houston’s 97.9 The Box. Watts, who himself was convinced to rap on the record, enjoyed the freestyle so much that he put the verses on one of his mixtapes. The freestyle became so popular in the streets that Chamillionaire and Paul Wall became regular staples on Houston's mixtape circuit, appeared on several of Watts' mixtapes, and became permanent members of Swishahouse.

Although Paul Wall and Chamillionaire were making much noise in the streets by rapping on Watts' mixtapes, they, along with several other members of the Swishahouse, became frustrated with the lack of money they were receiving from the mixtapes. After fellow member Slim Thug left the label, Chamillionaire and Paul Wall followed and started their own mixtape group known as The Color Changin' Click. Each successive mixtape released by The Color Changin' Click led to more business opportunities; the most notable of which being a contract to do a full album for Paid in Full Records. A one album contract was then negotiated between the Color Changin' Click and Paid in Full's label head, DJ Madd Hatta from 97.9 The Box, and the CCC's first album, Get Ya Mind Correct, would go on to sell over 100,000 copies.

The sale of all these albums without the backing of a major deal caught the attention of several major labels wanting to sign Chamillionaire and Paul. Chamillionaire and his labelmates decided to remain independent, however, until the right deal came along. While working on his second album with the Color Changin' Click, Chamillionaire began to have creative differences with Paul Wall, so much so that it was decided that the two emcees should each release solo albums that would be packaged together. When Chamillionaire became dissatisfied with how things were being resolved, he left Paid in Full and his almost complete album after fulfilling his contractual obligations to focus on promoting his mixtape label Chamillitary instead.
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian by jaybaby(f): 6:25pm On Feb 14, 2007
Hmmm O k OOOOOOOOOO
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian by odada(m): 1:45am On Feb 15, 2007
@alabiyemmy
thanks for the "so much information" wink
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian by splurge(f): 4:01am On Apr 06, 2007
aint nu gist cuz i heard on abj radio station when he first came out. his rap style's cool tho he's jst 2 ugly, haba!
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian by jaybaby(f): 7:15pm On Apr 06, 2007
Ugly with Cool Flow wink
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian by odada(m): 8:53pm On Apr 07, 2007
na ugly we go chop?this niggersgot so much money and muli-talented rap artist!u should be proud hes Nigerian instead of telling what we alredi know and av seen on TV how goodlooking from behind he is grin grin grin grin
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian by odada(m): 8:55pm On Apr 07, 2007
The above post was directed at none other person than SPLURGE!
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian by JayBaby1(f): 8:56pm On Apr 07, 2007
nice one - i have dated him before - he is such a sweet charmer - boo hoo. His prick is as huge and massive as a sausage and curved and penetrative in a way that makes me scream haba father.
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian by jaybaby(f): 10:04pm On Apr 07, 2007
Star is @ it Again shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian by odada(m): 10:44pm On Apr 07, 2007
How many JAY BABIES are on NL?plz i need to know cos lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian by dblock(m): 9:25am On Apr 08, 2007
there ae three, I think

jaybaby

Jay_Baby

and J-Baby(I think)
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian by odada(m): 1:13pm On Apr 08, 2007
Whats the big deal in bearing Jaybaby?thanks for the clarity dblock!
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian by MP007(m): 3:04am On Jun 24, 2007
who cares if chamillitary man is nigerian, i bet ya hommie wouldnt be down with him if he tries to rep ng, thats what up, what it do houston?
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian by MobLO: 11:57pm On Jun 26, 2007
Listen if a person of ghanian descent born in naija and his father left him as a baby, and he lives in Agege that is what he will rep. He knows nothing of Ghana, never been there has no connection to the place. The same case for chammilionaire texas is all he knows so you guys get off his dick. Always trying to criticize people without viewing possible perspectives to the cause of the situation.
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian by chiogo(f): 12:19am On Jun 27, 2007
chamillionaire ain't no damn Nigerian. Akon was born here in the states. who doesn't know he's from senegal. He reps his country in every video he does. Nigerians and rumors. His name might be "hakeem" or whatever. African-americans also bear such names. I have a bajan classmate. Her name is "Jamila" which i believe is a nigerian name and her middle name is "Ayo", a yoruba name. so, chamillionaire answerin' "hakeem" doesn't make him a nigerian. I've seen african-americans with such names.
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian by Palbony: 11:05am On Jun 27, 2007
Ok! Guys check this out. Do u knw me?
Ma name's phil beckley and that dnt sound nigerian in anyway.am a famous "nba" player.i play with the miami hits in USA.Ma full name's phillip olufemi beckley.am an 100% nigerian citizen. Why dnt u guyz jst free this chamillonaire guy.he dnt luk naija,talk naija,act naija or even acts lyk he knw naija.we shld be proud of our few naija rappers that are doin gud.if u wld ask me i evn prefer saucekid to this guy.
This ain't no issue.
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian by MobLO: 1:54pm On Jun 27, 2007
Phil beckley you are a liar from what it seems, first off the name is Miami Heat for one thing. At least you should know how to spell your team name. Secondly I am an active follower of the Miami heat and nobody is named Phil beckley.
Carry Go!
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian by lakal(m): 12:39am On Jul 27, 2007
Chamillionaire is Nigerian, 100%. You can read the interview in Vibe if you want to, who says he's denying his heritage?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents / Tboss' Baby Shower Video And Pictures / Actress Mide Martins celebrates her Actor Husband on his birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.