Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,769 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Why Did Our 'men Of God' Fail To Predict The Outbreak Of Ebola? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did Our 'men Of God' Fail To Predict The Outbreak Of Ebola? (930 Views)

Pastor Chris Warns Comedians: Don't Joke With Men Of God! / Unfulfilled Prophecies By Men Of God / 7 Nigerian Ministers of God You Mustn't Fail To Listen To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Our 'men Of God' Fail To Predict The Outbreak Of Ebola? by freshprincex49(m): 8:56pm On Aug 13, 2014
It has now become customary for most General Overseers of our Pentecostal Churches to release a long list of predictions/prophesies at the beggining of each year of events that will occur during the year.

I have taken the liberty to go through a plethora of these so called prophecies for this year 2014, and never for once did any of them mention the outbreak of a dangerous disease like Ebola that has swept through Africa, Nigeria and spreading all over the world.

One would have thought that if our men of God can predict an issue as trivial as the death of a 'popular politician' then an issue as serious as this should not have skipped their attention grin

I may be wrong, but anyone who has a record of such a prediction should please enlighten me or else I may never take future predictions seriously...

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Our 'men Of God' Fail To Predict The Outbreak Of Ebola? by mealdred: 9:02pm On Aug 13, 2014
you no get talk.... Y u sef no predict am??
Re: Why Did Our 'men Of God' Fail To Predict The Outbreak Of Ebola? by highmey(m): 9:03pm On Aug 13, 2014

Patiently following this thread... grin

Re: Why Did Our 'men Of God' Fail To Predict The Outbreak Of Ebola? by freshprincex49(m): 9:11pm On Aug 13, 2014
mealdred: you no get talk.... Y u sef no predict am??
those in the business of making predictions and prophesies should have been able to predict the biggest outbreak of this disease ever to hit Africa and has caused panic all over the world. Or don't you think so?
Re: Why Did Our 'men Of God' Fail To Predict The Outbreak Of Ebola? by Doclight(m): 9:27pm On Aug 13, 2014
freshprincex49: those in the business of making predictions and prophesies should have been able to predict the biggest outbreak of this disease ever to hit Africa and has caused panic all over the world. Or don't you think so?
no!

Ebola has been on existence before now. This is not its first outbreak!
Re: Why Did Our 'men Of God' Fail To Predict The Outbreak Of Ebola? by gebest: 9:56pm On Aug 13, 2014
freshprincex49: It has now become customary for most General Overseers of our Pentecostal Churches to release a long list of predictions/prophesies at the beggining of each year of events that will occur during the year.

I have taken the liberty to go through a plethora of these so called prophecies for this year 2014, and never for once did any of them mention the outbreak of a dangerous disease like Ebola that has swept through Africa, Nigeria and spreading all over the world.

One would have thought that if our men of God can predict an issue as trivial as the death of a 'popular politician' then an issue as serious as this should not have skipped their attention grin

I may be wrong, but anyone who has a record of such a prediction should please enlighten me or else I may never take future predictions seriously...
my brother is only God that can see tomorrow.
Re: Why Did Our 'men Of God' Fail To Predict The Outbreak Of Ebola? by dekung(m): 10:28pm On Aug 13, 2014
freshprincex49: It has now become customary for most General Overseers of our Pentecostal Churches to release a long list of predictions/prophesies at the beggining of each year of events that will occur during the year.

Infact, bros you spoke my mind. I wonder why the issue of Ebola went below their prophetic radar. While it is true that Ebola had been arround since since 1976, this strain is about the most virulent making WHO describe it as an international medical emergency.

How come our prophets failed to pick it. Is it probably because they see nothing and only do it because it has become a tradition.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Our 'men Of God' Fail To Predict The Outbreak Of Ebola? by freshprincex49(m): 10:29pm On Aug 13, 2014
Doclight: no!

Ebola has been on existence before now. This is not its first outbreak!
lol. I said 'biggest outbreak' and if I'm not mistaken, this is the first time it is hitting Nigeria.

Will this not count when we are discussing MAJOR events in 2014?

1 Like

Re: Why Did Our 'men Of God' Fail To Predict The Outbreak Of Ebola? by freshprincex49(m): 10:33pm On Aug 13, 2014
gebest: my brother is only God that can see tomorrow.
but our men of God have made us believe otherwise cry
Re: Why Did Our 'men Of God' Fail To Predict The Outbreak Of Ebola? by Doclight(m): 10:34pm On Aug 13, 2014
freshprincex49: lol. I said 'biggest outbreak' and if I'm not mistaken, this is the first time it is hitting Nigeria.

Will this not count when we are discussing MAJOR events in 2014?
that is not new!

It just quite unfortunate

prophets don't predict you'd get sick, rather u approach them when u are.

N.B prophets dont predict, they reveal
Re: Why Did Our 'men Of God' Fail To Predict The Outbreak Of Ebola? by nora544: 8:11am On Aug 14, 2014
dekung:

Infact, bros you spoke my mind. I wonder why the issue of Ebola went below their prophetic radar. While it is true that Ebola had been arround since since 1976, this strain is about the most virulent making WHO describe it as an international medical emergency.

How come our prophets failed to pick it. Is it probably because they see nothing and only do it because it has become a tradition.

We should look at all this prophetic because no MOG can see something, and it is that they put feat to their followers.

I can remember that Adeboye told his followers they should pray that no earthquake come in nigeria, when I read this I have to laugh because nigeria is in that part of africa where you will have no and I say no earthquarke like we know it from other countries, that has to do with the place where nigeria is situated in africa.

What was with his prophecy that something very bad will happen and nigerians have to pray but he cannot tell what will happen, so why he didnot tell it the next year what it was.

When they say a politican or a actor will die, that is normal that happen in every country in every year.

What whe should look is about all this prophecy this MOG told their followers in the last years and look if it is normal or if they could realy prophecy something than you will see their right face.

I know all this prophecy is there that the people have fear and pray and fast.

It is the same when Adeboye told his pastors that everybody who make the 100 days fasting will get no Ebola that is realy very very dangerous.
Re: Why Did Our 'men Of God' Fail To Predict The Outbreak Of Ebola? by ayorins(m): 8:34am On Aug 14, 2014

If everytin is been predicted then life won't dat much interestin...... Like predicting dat one wud die 2mao, such person might do some certain tinz he won't av done if his death wasn't predicted to him
Re: Why Did Our 'men Of God' Fail To Predict The Outbreak Of Ebola? by Weah96: 8:40am On Aug 14, 2014
Manchester and Arsenal games are more important to Yahweh than Ebola. And the premier league starts on Saturday, so tough luck. God and I will be tuned in for the opening festivities.
Re: Why Did Our 'men Of God' Fail To Predict The Outbreak Of Ebola? by Elijah78: 9:11am On Aug 14, 2014
because this was no soccer and plan crash that anyone else can predict

1 Like

Re: Why Did Our 'men Of God' Fail To Predict The Outbreak Of Ebola? by Sanchez01: 5:32pm On Aug 14, 2014
@OP, quite sadly, Pastor E.A Adeboye said something about a Global outbreak and he also mentioned new scientific discoveries; this were some of the things that propelled the 100days fast which started on the 2nd of Jan to somewhere in April. It was not pronounced as part of the 2014 prophecies because the fast was announced within Parishes, Zones, Provinces and at Regional levels. I could remember that something was mentioned about something that would serve as a disaster for many save that we fasted and stand in gap for others.

#Shalom!
Re: Why Did Our 'men Of God' Fail To Predict The Outbreak Of Ebola? by nora544: 6:03pm On Aug 14, 2014
Sanchez01: @OP, quite sadly, Pastor E.A Adeboye said something about a Global outbreak and he also mentioned new scientific discoveries; this were some of the things that propelled the 100days fast which started on the 2nd of Jan to somewhere in April. It was not pronounced as part of the 2014 prophecies because the fast was announced within Parishes, Zones, Provinces and at Regional levels. I could remember that something was mentioned about something that would serve as a disaster for many save that we fasted and stand in gap for others.

#Shalom!

on facebook is nothing because all is an facebook all his speaches sorry but Adeboye didnot say about it because in his 2014 fairytel there is nothing and I know that adeboye didnot make a prothecy about an global outbreak because at the mom ent ebola is no global outbreak but what i can tell you that the christian organisation of thnis new churches from america run away from liberia all who preach about faith.
Re: Why Did Our 'men Of God' Fail To Predict The Outbreak Of Ebola? by Debeloved87(m): 6:20pm On Aug 14, 2014
I remember my MOG...saying in one of his preaching during the time of the bokoharam insurgence, he said we haven't see anything yet, that something will so happen in Nigeria that will make people to run and to be rushing to church...whenever I stumbled on any Ebola thread or discuss group, what we hear is usually frightened and all our hope goes to the ALMIGHTY...less than a month, the disease has spread to the east from the south...unmh so pathetic, if this should continue...what's gonna happen to this country and the people in it.
Re: Why Did Our 'men Of God' Fail To Predict The Outbreak Of Ebola? by Sanchez01: 6:21pm On Aug 14, 2014
nora544:

on facebook is nothing because all is an facebook all his speaches sorry but Adeboye didnot say about it because in his 2014 fairytel there is nothing and I know that adeboye didnot make a prothecy about an global outbreak because at the mom ent ebola is no global outbreak but what i can tell you that the christian organisation of thnis new churches from america run away from liberia all who preach about faith.
Honestly, I tried real hard to comprehend what you posted but I couldn't. However, the Facebook thing you mentioned; I would like to correct that notion. Pastor E.A. Adeboye DOES NOT and IS NOT on Facebook. He made this known at the Redemption Camp that NO ONE should send money to him via Facebook because he does not use any social media personally and he claimed he never instructed anyone to use his account on his behalf. With that being said, the person managing or using his name on Facebook only does so with the intent to keep everyone abreast. And about the fast, sorry, it was made known to RCCG members only. Ministers and Pastorates took it with all sincerity. Maybe Ebola is global, maybe not, but so far, its calamity has told on Nigeria, Spain and lots of African Countries.
Re: Why Did Our 'men Of God' Fail To Predict The Outbreak Of Ebola? by nora544: 6:30pm On Aug 14, 2014
Sanchez01:
Honestly, I tried real hard to comprehend what you posted but I couldn't. However, the Facebook thing you mentioned; I would like to correct that notion. Pastor E.A. Adeboye DOES NOT and IS NOT on Facebook. He made this known at the Redemption Camp that NO ONE should send money to him via Facebook because he does not use any social media personally and he claimed he never instructed anyone to use his account on his behalf. With that being said, the person managing or using his name on Facebook only does so with the intent to keep everyone abreast. And about the fast, sorry, it was made known to RCCG members only. Ministers and Pastorates took it with all sincerity. Maybe Ebola is global, maybe not, but so far, its calamity has told on Nigeria, Spain and lots of African Countries.

is that not the offcial side of Adeboye what has the money with his facebook side to do.

https://www.facebook.com/PastorEAAdeboye?fref=ts

and I know from a pastor who belong to his church that he says nothing!

So why he didnot fly to liberia because he make the 100 fasting and he told his ministers that all who make this must have no fear about ebola so he can fly with his private jet to this country.
Re: Why Did Our 'men Of God' Fail To Predict The Outbreak Of Ebola? by Sanchez01: 6:42am On Aug 15, 2014
nora544:

is that not the offcial side of Adeboye what has the money with his facebook side to do.

https://www.facebook.com/PastorEAAdeboye?fref=ts

and I know from a pastor who belong to his church that he says nothing!

So why he didnot fly to liberia because he make the 100 fasting and he told his ministers that all who make this must have no fear about ebola so he can fly with his private jet to this country.
Now I understand. You sure have issues with him. It is of no use trying to convince you.
Re: Why Did Our 'men Of God' Fail To Predict The Outbreak Of Ebola? by frank317: 8:05am On Aug 15, 2014
Sanchez01:
Now I understand. You sure have issues with him. It is of no use trying to convince you.

I just have to souund like logicboy this time around.... Sharrrrrraaaaap!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Baddest Catholic Confession ? / Why Do Men Of God Open Many Church Branches / Divine Royalty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.