Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,209 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) (7165 Views)

Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions / Direct Entry Admissions Into Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) by iceland(m): 5:06pm On Oct 20, 2008
The finnish admissions body have changed the rules of admissions into their universities for foreign students.Last year all you need to do is to REGISTER online at www.admissions.fi,send in your waec result and you will be called for entrance examination.But now you will need to write TOEFL exam.If you don't write the TOEFL you will not be called for entrance exam.Read below

"In 2009, the basis for admission have changed. All those applicants who are applying with a qualification completed somewhere else than in Finland and are not citizens of an EU/EEA-country, MUST provide a proof of language skill. Accepted certificates are: TOEFL score 550 pbt/213 crt /79-80 ibt; IELTS academic score 5.5; grade C in the Finnish Matriculation examination in advanced level English or skills level 4 in English in the Finnish general language examination. Please note, that Finnish means that the examination is completed in Finland.". . . . . . . . .www.admissions.fi

TOEFL exams dates are hard to get and it takes about 15 business days for u to see the results,even much more days for the school to get the score report.(as result has to be sent from TOEFL directly to your first choice school).If you want admission next year from finnish university,REGISTER FOR TOEFL NOW!!! Before it's too late.

To register cost about 28 thousand naira(ask anywhere) but I will give you  a lower price and Intensive lecture on how to pass.
contact me on titosantino@yahoo.com or call 017631547

N.B
Finnish embassy is the easiest of all.Student visas was granted to all the candidate that applied this year.
Re: Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) by Nobody: 3:49am On Oct 24, 2008
from what i heard now, studying in finland is even harder than people think,  no good job unless you can speak finnish well, if the university calls u up for entrace examination, you won' be issued students visa directly until you have passed the entrance exam! who get money to dey waste for flight ehn! angry  (abegi, make them go chop their country jare. I even discovered say awon omo ibos don spoil d place. www.finlandforum.com cheesy
Re: Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) by munky(m): 4:11am On Oct 24, 2008
y is it awon omo ibo dat spoilt d place, Yorubas and tribalism.

its very bad
I pity for our unborn children.
is this wat we would bequeth to them
Re: Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) by IykeD(m): 11:52pm On Oct 24, 2008
don't mind him, was that called for, who asked him?
Re: Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) by Nobody: 12:42am On Oct 25, 2008
E don do o! angry
Re: Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) by shotster50(m): 12:57am On Oct 25, 2008
Jassie please take your bigoted view somewhere else. We dont want another civil war of words on this thread. As for Finland, its way better than most countries Nigerian students go to study like Romania, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Ukraine,Russia, and the like.
Re: Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) by Nobody: 1:03am On Oct 25, 2008
Hey watch it motherfucker! angry

Why don't you take a flight and study there if your current location doesn't pay you! Imagine paying for a flight ticket to Finland with a month Visa because of an entrance exam and then come back home, later you get the result and then have to travel back, if you fail exam, money don waste! Do you really think Finland is an option for most Nigerians with their current demand? Hell NO!

Isn't that POST UME? cheesy If it wasn't for the people being given Students Visa and they misuse it, things wouldn't be like that. Finland is not an English speaking country, they used to respect our Education, its just a pity how some peeps have spoilt it. Am not being a tribalist, just trying to point out the particular people responsible!
Re: Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) by shotster50(m): 4:54am On Oct 25, 2008
In as much as I would like to reply you in kind, I wont condescend down to your name calling level,, I am not having an argument with you over Finland its what you said about 'Omo Ibos'. You can't can't post ignorant stuff like that here. How do you know they are the ones responsible? Where did you get that from I am not defending anybody or any tribe but you do not generalize in that way. Its like saying all the Nigerians in Holland are into drugs when infact they are some legit ones.

About Finland, I know about Finland because I go there.
Re: Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) by coolzil: 6:09pm On Oct 28, 2008
i think jassie is right to some extent but not talking about any tribal issue that he talked about, finnish is the language in Finland but like other scandinavian countries almost everybody speaks English fluently, many nigerians are there as well studying, im sure it wouldnt be difficult for those that are going study genuinely having adequate cash to live on and not to go and hustle, cus most time its hard to get jobs, then concerning the issue of schools finnish schools are nice with alot of academic facilities available, smiley
Re: Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) by Nobody: 3:01am On Oct 30, 2008
u gats a point there bro wink smiley anyways finland is alright for people who want to do their Masters as its tution free, just don't rely on their jobs to survive. But then, is Finland really a place I would want to do my MSc? Hell no grin
Re: Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) by Finland(m): 12:28pm On Oct 30, 2008
jassie:

from what i heard now, studying in finland is even harder than people think, no good job unless you can speak finnish well, if the university calls u up for entrace examination, you won' be issued students visa directly until you have passed the entrance exam! who get money to dey waste for flight ehn! angry (abegi, make them go chop their country jare. I even discovered say awon omo ibos don spoil d place. www.finlandforum.com cheesy
Dont talk about what you dont know! I get mad when ignorants like you open their dirty mouth and speak what they dont know about.Let me just explain for the sake of the people u had confused.The entrance examination is held in Nigeria yearly.You dont have to travel or buy air-ticket.Getting a job in the u.k is harder than getting a job in finland.The finnish issues resident permit which enbles you to work indefinately while the u.k issue student visa then with 4hour work permit per day.To renew your resident permit all you need to do is go to the appropriate authority in finland while in the u.k u have to travel down to Nigeria and so on. . . . . . .to be continued
Re: Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) by shotster50(m): 7:18pm On Oct 30, 2008
Thank you Finland,

I was beginning to think if it was the same Finland I know that they are talking about.
Re: Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 31, 2008
yanya yayayayaya! see ya mouth! angry

Tell me if its every Finland Uni that conducts their exam in Nigeria! U just come here dey talk nonsense because u want people to consult you for their travel parols. You guys talk as if there aren't plenty Nigerians in Finland already, like its a new discovery.

There are fixed study places already and most people don't get admitted with the way people are rushing to enter Finland unis, jobs plenty abi, okay o.

If people like, make dem go do sufferhead, no be ma business, just watch ur pussy mouth! angry
Re: Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) by igbogolo: 5:30pm On Oct 31, 2008
Jassie.

Shut up! You rile me with so much bile I could stone you with jazz.
Whats the matter with you? why do you call prople obscene names? Even if you dont have proper upbringing, washing your putrified tongue in cyber space is unbecoming. Behave yourself and stop acting like someone suckled by a housemaid.
Re: Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 31, 2008
I like the way u typed my ID with respect grin

Bla bla bla! From your ID sef, e don show say u no well at all! IGBOGOLO. . . LMAO. . . Omo, i no gats ya time jare cheesy tongue
Re: Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) by iceland(m): 8:39pm On Oct 31, 2008
jassie:

yanya yayayayaya! see ya mouth! angry

Tell me if its every Finland Uni that conducts their exam in Nigeria! U just come here dey talk nonsense because u want people to consult you for their travel parols. You guys talk as if there aren't plenty Nigerians in Finland already, like its a new discovery.

There are fixed study places already and most people don't get admitted with the way people are rushing to enter Finland unis, jobs plenty abi, okay o.

If people like, make them go do sufferhead, no be ma business, just watch ur pussy mouth! angry
You dont have hope! but leave people that are looking for hope alone.If 7 universities conduct entrance exam in Nigeria isnt that enough?No be Tuition free dem call am?Can your country offer you such privilege?You sound like a bush boy only God's know how many time a week u get access to the internet.poor village boy.Just shut your moda fu*kin mouth and drink ya garri grin grin grin
Re: Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) by coolzil: 9:57pm On Oct 31, 2008
i think its time to really breakdown whats up with this finland thing cus i guess there has been some kinds of misconceptions on this thread. Guys just chill out , the aim of this thread is to enlighten ourselves not to make this place a battle field  shocked. Finland  has alot of nice schools, depending on what  level of studies you are going for, if it is masters program
you send your application to the schools directly but if it is undergraduate program after applying online and sending your document to your school of 1st  choice,depending on their assessment of your documents  you may be invited  for an  entrance exams. most schools conduct entrance exam in Ghana for African applicants while few conducts theirs on campus in finland, but to be sincere the Embassy confirmed  they dont give visas to attend entrance exam so u have to make the right school selections to take  ur exam in Ghana. If you are sucessful in the exam,  u would be notified & sent an admission letter which you can then use to apply for you residence permit for 1yr at a time, op this  is clear   then it is very advisable to come to finland at least with enough money to keep you for months cus really its hard most times to get job as a non-finnish  speaker even though they speak English very well this is the sad thing about it, but of course Nigerians are there that get jobs with time and makes there cash big time, so no shaking, God dey wink, To crown it all University of Helsinki in finland is the among the best 10 universities in europe and its free unlike in Uk where u pay alot to get good education as well, so it depends on your pocket grin
Re: Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 31, 2008
@iceland

Frozen fish like you dey tell person say em no get hope! Ode! Hungry coldass! grin
If u get hope, u no go go Iceland in the first place, guess what idiot, as young as I am, I gats more money than you and made em all in Naija for real.
I know say u don wash dishes tired, so sorry o! Funny how Nigerians can just go to any snowy country all in the name of traveln out! The internet connection wey i dey use with ma Laptop, dem never born your forefathers well make dem use am.

PS: Sorry if i dey spoil business for any1 here, Jassie don't give a Bleep! grin grin grin
Re: Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) by Nobody: 11:39pm On Oct 31, 2008
cool zil:

then it is very advisable to come to finland at least with enough money to keep you for months cus really its hard most times to get job as a non-finnish  speaker even though they speak English very well this is the sad thing about it, but of course Nigerians are there that get jobs with time and makes there cash big time, so no shaking, God dey wink

Going to Finland with enough money is the Key to living a good life there! Most Nigerians might think everything is free in Finland but hell no! The cost of Living is high! Almost 10x higher than that of Asian countries!

About the Nigerians that make cash in Finland, u don't know what they are into and if anyone is going to Finland with the hope of doing illegit runs, that thinking is sick!

PEOPLE, if una wan go, nobody dey hold una o! Some people post jargons on  this thread all in the bid to rip people off, some do it to make people experience their kind of sufferation! Hmm. . . I talk ma own o! anybody wey dey vex fit go jump inside river tongue
Re: Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) by iceland(m): 1:56am On Nov 03, 2008
jassie:

Going to Finland with enough money is the Key to living a good life there! Most Nigerians might think everything is free in Finland but hell no! The cost of Living is high! Almost 10x higher than that of Asian countries!

About the Nigerians that make cash in Finland, u don't know what they are into and if anyone is going to Finland with the hope of doing illegit runs, that thinking is sick!

PEOPLE, if una wan go, nobody dey hold una o! Some people post jargons on  this thread all in the bid to rip people off, some do it to make people experience their kind of sufferation! Hmm. . . I talk ma own o! anybody wey dey vex fit go jump inside river tongue

I have only one word for you PESSIMISM
Re: Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 04, 2008
iceland:

I have only one word for you PESSIMISM

and I sir, have only one sentence for you, UNREALISTIC OPTIMISM cool

Most Nigerians have this typical behaviour- struggling ass hard abroad to survive, why must it always be like that?
Abeg, anybody going to any country, even the GARDEN OF EDEN, make sure you have enough money to survive or have a proper plan. Its high time people stop doing dirty jobs and end up having no choice and making themselves vulnerable to ridicule outside the country.

Most Naija peeps that can afford travel tickets are living fine in Nigeria, don't subject yourself to self-punishment all in the name of coldergreener pastures. wink
Re: Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) by coolzil: 12:33am On Nov 06, 2008
like i av been saying on this thread, if u are travelling abroad for studies whether finland , uk, us e.tc its better to have some money that would keep u 4 some time, just like in finland its a very developed society and among the first countries with high standard of living in d world, i am not here to discourage anyone cus i know many nigerians av taken good advantage of this finnish education which is highly recognized with nice university programs, as a student u can work in finland but its better to at least come with some money that can feed u and pay for ur rent up to 6 months, cus u might not be able to get a job immediately on ur arrival but im sure with time u'll find one. Then as regards doing odd jobs of course its not naija where people see some jobs as ridiculous, in europe who cares about your life, just make sure u are staying legally  and  face ur studies well, sky is ur limit,
Re: Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) by fe32(m): 10:03pm On Dec 12, 2008
jassie got it really wrong,, , most schools take their entrance examination in ghana and a few of them do so in nigeria depending on the course you apply for, it's even easier getting admitted into a finnish university than a nigerian university cos the process is so simple and all u have to do is pass the entrance examination, the earlier poster said it all as to getting jobs, theres obviously a language barrier but things are getting real better
Re: Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) by IykeD(m): 10:30pm On Dec 12, 2008
Pls clarify this, i heard for a masters program, one needs to have 3 years experience first.Also for the visa application, how much is one expected to have in his personal account.Please do respond ASAP as i want to apply but for the experience thing.
Re: Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) by coolzil: 10:40am On Dec 29, 2008
@ iykeD

you dont need any three years of work experience to undergo masters program in finland.
But also it depends on the masters program you are applying for, maybe a work experience
might be an added advantage or application requirement for the program. Then concerning money issues i guess it 600 euros per month (for 2 yrs) should be enough to cover your  living expenses. But mind u just like what we have been saying here,you must have enough money to take care of yourself and not  only sorting money for statement of account sake,  cool
Re: Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) by IykeD(m): 2:52pm On Dec 29, 2008
Thanx cool Zil, for the explanation
Re: Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 25, 2009
jassie, abeg you said sometime ago that your cousin is in bodo college
Re: Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) by bjluv: 10:16pm On May 28, 2009
Everyone on this thread can beef at Jassie all they want. He has laid the facts right and he is like 98% true meaning, almost true. Jassie what your boy told you about Norway isn't right either. Norway can be better in terms of the society but being a Nigerian there is like trash. Do you know about the Naija girls who end up prostituting on the streets of Olso? Oslo is full of them, all naija girls who will brag to friends and family back home that they are some bank manager, accountant e.t.c back home. Same goes to the naija guys too who run admission runs for others back home like those that pollute this forum. Some of them have been caught recently from Helsinki to Stockholm to Oslo to Copenhagen,

I ain't trying to beef no ibo, yoruba, hausa or whatnot but let the truth be known people. Illegit runs isn't even possible in Finland/Nordic region. You wil get caught.

cool zil, you are damn wrong. Not everyone  in Nordic countries speak english not to talk of fluent.
Finland, getting a job is more difficult in UK than in Finland? You must be on some vodka.
Re: Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) by coolzil: 7:59pm On Sep 26, 2009
@ bjluv,

u really suck wit dat statement and ur mouth stinks!!, i dont blame u, saying finland has more jobs than d uk has even shown ur level of ignorance, come and check out how many students and immigrants are employed in the uk through different schemes and are working legally. Of course english is not the first language in the nordic countries but from xperience they still communicate well in english more than other part of europe, dat is y they offer education in English!!!asshole
Re: Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) by bjluv: 1:55am On Sep 30, 2009
cool zil:

@ bjluv,

u really suck wit dat statement and your mouth stinks!!, i dont blame u, saying finland has more jobs than d uk has even shown your level of ignorance, come and check out  how many students and immigrants are employed  in the uk through different schemes  and are working legally. Of course english is not the first language in the nordic countries but from xperience they still communicate well in english more than other part of europe, dat is y they offer education in English!!!asshole

@cool zil the Baboon, are you from some village? cheesy

I can see you are on some cheap vodka and im cool with that junk you wrote up there, dickhead grin If my mouth stink YOU as a whole is rotten. Have I ever mentioned that Finland has got more jobs than the UK? Stopping abusing that cheap vodka slowpoke! I have lived in the UK, being there uncountable times and I know how things work so I dont need to go and check that.

Have you actually sat down in one of those English classes in somewhere like Kemi-Tornio or Varkaus For your information, Helsinki isnt Finland and not even everyone in Helsinki [the capital if you dont know] speak fluent English. They offer education in English to attract some dumb idiots like you to class and prove how brainless you are so that they can get useless points about their ideas of Africans. cheesy Thank God we still have very intelligent, wise and brave Africans [Nigerians] who prove them otherwise - you DO NOT seem to be among those that do that.

Thank God also that the government realised the motives of these schools in time and restructured the whole system. FYI, Finland or Nordic countries are not the only ones in Europe for that matter offering education in English. There are other countries doing same even in far away Asia!

I said "Not everyone in Nordic countries speak english not to talk of fluent." I can stand on that and I repeat: NOT EVERYONE SPEAK ENGLISH FLUENTLY IN NORDIC COUNTRIES. FINLAND INCLUSIVE.

Because they offer education in English DOES NOT mean THEY ARE FLUENT SPEAKERS! When you are sober and done with your cheap drug/ethanol, read my text again you this rotten piece of sh*t.
Re: Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) by coolzil: 9:12pm On Sep 30, 2009
@bjluv or bjdog, just rhymed like a rapstar, grin, u punk asshole telling me about Helsinki n skool stuffs in Europe, i dont blame u cus u dont know who u are dealing with! , i had wanted 2 say sorry 4 d statement i made b4 but u've just crossed d ur boundary with dat stupid statement, if u av bin 2 d uk million times who give a Bleep bout dat, oh!! how i wish i could trip dis gay around town, upgrade u n show u a lil bit of swagga, with ur stinky mouth open wide with saliva dropping on d, floor, slowpoke!
Re: Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules) by bjluv: 10:55pm On Sep 30, 2009
cool zil:

@bjluv or bjdog, just rhymed like a rapstar,  grin, u punk asshole telling me about Helsinki n skool stuffs in Europe, i dont blame u cus u dont know who u are dealing with! , i had wanted 2 say sorry 4 d statement i made b4 but u've just crossed d your boundary with dat stupid statement, if u av bin 2 d uk million times who give a mess bout dat, oh!! how i wish i could trip dis gay around town, upgrade u n show u a lil bit of swagga, with your stinky mouth open wide with saliva dropping on d, floor, slowpoke!

Fool, you make no sense. Maybe you should read your text again to realise you need to go back to a primary school in Nigeria and learn properly. MOST IMPORTANTLY, UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU LEARN, APINA!. I wonder how you would even end up in a university in Helsinki - you should be in some peruskoulu smiley Instead of you to accept your error, you run your mouth about swagger this swagger that. I know alot of you who brag about empty pockets and cashnotes on this and that. What does that have to do with this in the first place? FYI, what you eat dont make me shit, fool! You can as well keep whatever plan in your town to yourself and endeavour to upgrade yourself first - your post shows you REALLY need that.

Now, I know better who I am dealing with,  and that is why I responded as such and wont change it. Goodbye to your brainless self, go ahead and swagger your way up to the UN. When you are there, make a reference to this discusssion so that we can all know that the worthless, good-for-nothing baboon known as cool zil on nairaland made it with his swagger. You should even be happy and grateful, Finland was kind enough to let a baboon like you who escaped from the jungles of Africa live among people here -  what an ungrateful animal you are! tongue

Have a nice day and may your swagger self learn to write, read, understand what you read before giving your baseless, worthless and useless opinion! Maybe in the end you can be a little bit more wiser than what you are now,  and most importantly humble your rotten black ass so people can lift your swaggerless ass up! tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Benue To Convert Junior Secondary Schools To Vocational Institutions / 10 Words That Nigerians Use Daily But Do Not Exist In The Dictionary / FUOYE Offers Indigent Students ₦3.1 Million Insurance Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.