Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,031 members, 7,852,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:49 PM

Chibok Girls: Troops In Sambisa Forest, Says DHQ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chibok Girls: Troops In Sambisa Forest, Says DHQ (1307 Views)

Nigerian Soldiers Celebrating Victory In Sambisa Forest (Photo) / President Jonathan Rocks Military Uniform During Visits To troops In Mubi (pic) / Chadian Soldiers, Not Violating Nigeria’s Integrity, Says DHQ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chibok Girls: Troops In Sambisa Forest, Says DHQ by Mekateka: 11:29pm On Aug 13, 2014
As part of the steps to rescue the abducted 219 Chibok girls, the Defence Headquarters has confirmed that troops are already in Sambisa Forest where the girls are purportedly being held hostage.

The DHQ was however silent on the next line of action claiming only that the military has a “major plan” in the offing. It said that contrary to insinuations, Nigerian soldiers are trained for counter-terrorism. The Director of Defence Information, Maj-Gen.
Chris Olukolade made the disclosure at a session with Editors and Defence Correspondents, which was organized by Nigerian Initiative, a non-governmental organization active in the redefinition of Nigerians’ perception of their country.

He said: “What makes it difficult to get to Sambisa Forest? All of it is strategic, gentlemen. We are not even completely out of Sambisa Forest as I am talking to you. We are in Sambisa Forest and we are in places contiguous to it.

“But we have a major plan in mind which I
should not be disclosing now. We are not weak, we have the capacity.”
“Sambisa Forest is over 6,000 square kilometres. It is not true that the place was re-taken by Boko Haram. There is freedom of movement in Nigeria and so, people move about freely. Do you know that there are village settlements and communities in the Sambisa Forest and that is another limitation to bombing?”

Concerning foreign interventions to rescue the Chibok girls, Olukolade simply said: “On a diplomatic level, I will say all is well.”
He said Boko Haram had been attacking some towns and villages because the sect was carrying out its “last battle” in desperation. He said: “The truth about recent attacks by Boko Haram is that all the places that they thought were their bases have been taken over by the military and so out of desperation, they are scattering
everywhere. What they are doing is like a last battle for them.

“There had been occasions when the terrorists were reported to be using helicopters in their attacks whereas it was the Nigerian military helicopter that was flying to attack the rebels.

“Nonetheless, we are still committed to securing the civilian population at whatever cost. We are still committed in ensuring that we degrade their ability to continue their activity and eventually eliminate them".

www.thenationonlineng.net/new/chibok-girls-troops-in-sambisa-forest-says-dhq/

1 Like

Re: Chibok Girls: Troops In Sambisa Forest, Says DHQ by Sparrow13: 11:43pm On Aug 13, 2014
Another story to calm us down.
Re: Chibok Girls: Troops In Sambisa Forest, Says DHQ by seunlayi(m): 11:44pm On Aug 13, 2014
I hope this will be the final battle to eradicate those indigent @@@@

1 Like

Re: Chibok Girls: Troops In Sambisa Forest, Says DHQ by ElekeNtioba: 12:48am On Aug 14, 2014
-
Re: Chibok Girls: Troops In Sambisa Forest, Says DHQ by LordMecuzy(m): 2:43am On Aug 14, 2014
News For the gods

Na today?
Re: Chibok Girls: Troops In Sambisa Forest, Says DHQ by AbuMaryam1(m): 2:50am On Aug 14, 2014
Yeah troops are there, im sure you mean BH.

1 Like

Re: Chibok Girls: Troops In Sambisa Forest, Says DHQ by ofala(m): 3:08am On Aug 14, 2014
Is Sambisa Forest now a holiday resort for soldiers? I ask because I don't expect our gallant soldiers to be inside there chilling quietly for months in the name of "strategy".... May God protect our gallant soldiers but better arms, more ACTIONS & less talk will just be it at this point
Re: Chibok Girls: Troops In Sambisa Forest, Says DHQ by Mekateka: 5:10am On Aug 14, 2014
I don't expect APC e-rats to believe this news because their heart desire is the failure of Nigerian soldiers. Please APCs should wait for Amnesty International"s version of the story.

1 Like

Re: Chibok Girls: Troops In Sambisa Forest, Says DHQ by bokoslayer: 8:13am On Aug 14, 2014
This should not be in the effing news!!!

Everything is just so compromised in this country!
Re: Chibok Girls: Troops In Sambisa Forest, Says DHQ by hakanai(m): 9:02am On Aug 14, 2014
“Sambisa Forest is over 6,000 square kilometres. It is not true that the place was re-taken by Boko Haram. There is freedom of movement in Nigeria and so, people move about freely. Do you know that there are village settlements and communities in the Sambisa Forest and that is another limitation to bombing?”

^^^^^ honestly the army is delaying.If truly that is the main enclave and you need more firepower to flush them out or eradicate the strong hold then drop messages or use dropped radios to inform all inhabitants to move to a collection point for screening and relocation within a time frame, Otherwise level everything with them there abeg.
If the Sambisa inhabitants are villagers there are ways to reach them. I am sure some listen to radio. After all South Korea drops audio/electronic device via ballons into North Korea to allow the people hear about the outside world.
I say secure the SAmbisa forest. Drop evacuation notice.Then move/assist all relocation of inhabitants to resettlement centres(ensure screening out of BH elements amongst the people relocating) , all within a stipulated period. Run recons to gauge the level of compliance by the villagers.If people refuse to comply honestly they are not interested in living. Shell the forest and throw anything at them jor. Turn it ash!!!! If you are done we can all go there and even help the villagers restore all they have have lost. We can't allow this impunity continue.
Re: Chibok Girls: Troops In Sambisa Forest, Says DHQ by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 14, 2014
“But we have a major plan in mind which I
should not be disclosing now. We are not weak, we have the capacity.”

The President and the Military have my full support on this. I believe the Military has what it takes to defeat those Terrorists. We all should support the Military and the President in this fight. BokoHaram must be defeated at all cost.

God Bless The Armed Forces
Long Life To The Military Officers
Re: Chibok Girls: Troops In Sambisa Forest, Says DHQ by egift(m): 9:21am On Aug 14, 2014
Is it not the same DHQ that told us how battalions of Nigerian Soldiers gallantly fought Boko Haram members few hours after they abducted the Chibok Girls. Rescued them and that the Army was in hot pursuit to rescue the remaining handful of the those girls.

The lie was so much because it came from the official channels and described the Commando-styled action per minute.

But in reality: BK attacked the school where all the students in Chibok were assembled to write WAEC, killed all the boys, teachers and some girls, took nearly 300 Girls, the few soldiers that were around ran for their lives, called for backup and for fear - nobody came.

The bad news is that 123 days later, Nigerian Armed Forces under the command of President Jonathan, is yet to rescue a single soul. What a big shame. All he want is a billion dollar loan.
Re: Chibok Girls: Troops In Sambisa Forest, Says DHQ by brasuka: 9:34am On Aug 14, 2014
We are seriously waiting for our girls.

(1) (Reply)

How Theodore Orji Betrayed Me - Orji Uzor Kalu / What Tangibles Did The Australian Negotiator Deliver And For How Much Dollars? / NIGERIA 2015: APC Will Win Overwhelmingly, PDP Has Failed – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.