Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,390 members, 7,812,151 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike (4535 Views)

Uwazurike Renames MASSOB To BIM - Biafra Independent Movement / Amaechi Is Our Member, The Senate Belongs To APC Not PDP – Ndume / My Attacks On Buhari, APC, Not Personal – Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike by CyberWolf: 6:52pm On Aug 14, 2014
larride:

No one is saying APC will win next year presidential election. What we are discussing here is the political stand of the Igbo's.
are you indirectly saying that APC will not win next yr's presidential election?...
Am not interested this thread's tribalistic point of view FYI..
Re: APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 14, 2014
larride:

We will see!!! cool
That's a better way of putting it instead of speaking with certainty about a future you have no control over. The dynamics of Nigerian politics is so interesting that you can never be sure of something until it actually happens.
Re: APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike by larride(m): 6:56pm On Aug 14, 2014
CyberWolf: are you indirectly saying that APC will not win next yr's presidential election?...
Am not interested this thread's tribalistic point of view FYI..

APC might not win it, its politics though, anything can happen. Until the convention in December when we will know APC flagbearer before i give my opinion on whether APC has a chance or not. If APC doesn't field a better person than GEJ then maybe i will be inclined to vote for GEJ again.

#I tends towards APC though.

1 Like

Re: APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:58pm On Aug 14, 2014
oluwasegunfummi: My yoruba brothers keep spilling their Saliva on this thread when must of our kinsmen are in perpetual penury, majority of my beloved odualand is a slum yet with dance like headless masquerades, I wish an igbo governor like obiano can emerge in odualand, we need a saviour...........eko oni baje oooo cool
You think you can be like Odinma1? You've made a big mistake.
Anambra Adigo Mma.

5 Likes

Re: APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike by larride(m): 6:58pm On Aug 14, 2014
APContherun:
That's a better way of putting it instead of speaking with certainty about a future you have no control over. The dynamics of Nigerian politics is so interesting that you can never be sure of something until it actually happens.

Brother, I'm not speaking with any certainty, Of course i know politics general is dynamic, the future might be tomorrow or it might be in 20yrs time, no one knows, what i'm only saying is that when it does come, we will remind them that they told us they don't need us and so they should look elsewhere for their partnership.

1 Like

Re: APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:01pm On Aug 14, 2014
iiichidodo: IBB gave us Niger bridge even though he has adopted a passive role in the PDP....Obj has always been critic of this admin and has been relegated to the back ground thus he's a nobody....What is clear here is this republic has given the igbos a sense of belonging and it will be crazy to go back to Egypt with Atiku,Elrufai,Thieffnubu,Buhari and their followers..
Shut up! Niger Bridge was built by Tafawa Balewa. IBB built Third Mainland Bridge.

5 Likes

Re: APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike by oluwasegunfummi: 7:02pm On Aug 14, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
You think you can be like Odinma1? You've made a big mistake.
Anambra Adigo Mma.
I can't be like odinma1, the odinma I know feeds my kinsmen in lagos and am not like him........eko ooni baje oooo cool

1 Like

Re: APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike by CyberWolf: 7:03pm On Aug 14, 2014
larride:

APC might not win it, its politics though, anything can happen. Until the convention in December when we will know APC flagbearer before i give my opinion on whether APC has a chance or not. If APC doesn't field a better person than GEJ then maybe i will be inclined to vote for GEJ again.

#I tends towards APC though.
thats good..we are on the same side, but with the political structure of this country, APC has a 5% chance of winning next yr's presidential election...but what baffles me is the way some APC's comrades here talk as if Nigeria will turn to Yankee once APC get power...
Re: APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:03pm On Aug 14, 2014
Ndigbo, good morning.
Re: APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:07pm On Aug 14, 2014
Whether APC wins or loses the election, the fact remains that no party would make an Igbo its presidential candidate. Umu Igbo wu njo ahia.

3 Likes

Re: APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike by iiichidodo: 7:07pm On Aug 14, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Shut up! Niger Bridge was built by Tafawa Balewa. IBB built Third Mainland Bridge.
Mumu that particular bridge was blown to pieces during the civil war.....Go figure.
Re: APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike by clevadani: 7:11pm On Aug 14, 2014
iiichidodo: We aren't angry,we just feel comfortable with GEJ's admin till 2019....
from ur posts,it's obvious dat u have nothing against apc but have refused to withdraw ur support for pdp( after 15 yrs of destruction) just because of ego
Re: APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike by larride(m): 7:12pm On Aug 14, 2014
CyberWolf: thats good..we are on the same side, but with the political structure of this country, APC has a 5% chance of winning next yr's presidential election...but what baffles me is the way some APC's comrades here talk as if Nigeria will turn to Yankee once APC get power...

I'm a realistic, i don't get sway with sentiment or emotions, i look what is on ground before i make my judgement. APC presidential candidate will determine how far they will fare in the forthcoming election.

You can't blame them for that, look at the turn-around (though still little) that happened after the years of mis-rule of PDP in the South-west, i think its borne out of the hatred that some has towards PDP and some of their element.

For this nation to start getting it right, its not going to start from the top, rather it will start from the grassroot, we need to start holding our elected officers accountable starting from the councilor to the local government chairman and start frowning on corruption from the grassroot, we need to start asking ourselves thought invoking questions when our elected officers just after 3months in power start buying exotic cars and building mansions, instead of us to start demanding accountabilty from them, we start playing the its family, tribe, local government area card. The government is not going to hand everything to us on a platter, we will have to work for some of those quality things we want. The responsibilty to transform Nigeria is not only on the GOVERNMENT but rather it involves the PEOPLE.

Shalom.
Re: APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike by oluwasegunfummi: 7:14pm On Aug 14, 2014
We are slaves in APC, our mouthpiece in APC(tinubu) receives mighty thunder slaps each time he tries to prove stubborn, we yorubas are dead in the current nigerian politics, we have sold our birth right to abokis......eko ooni baje ooooo cool

3 Likes

Re: APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike by iiichidodo: 7:14pm On Aug 14, 2014
clevadani:
from ur posts,it's obvious dat u have nothing against apc but have refused to withdraw ur support for pdp( after 15 yrs of destruction) just because of ego
Excuse me?!
APC in itself is running on a
motor that is antagonistic ab
initio to igbos. Strangely the
party's bigwigs have expressed
anti-igbo sentiments and boldly
too
So how do we go about supporting that?.
Re: APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike by CyberWolf: 7:16pm On Aug 14, 2014
larride:

I'm a realistic, i don't get sway with sentiment or emotions, i look what is on ground before i make my judgement. APC presidential candidate will determine how far they will fare in the forthcoming election.

You can't blame them for that, look at the turn-around (though still little) that happened after the years of mis-rule of PDP in the South-west, i think its borne out of the hatred that some has towards PDP and some of their element.

For this nation to start getting it right, its not going to start from the top, rather it will start from the grassroot, we need to start holding our elected officers accountable starting from the councilor to the local government chairman and start frowning on corruption from the grassroot, we need to start asking ourselves thought invoking questions when our elected officers just after 3months in power start buying exotic cars and building mansions, instead of us to start demanding accountabilty from them, we start playing the its family, tribe, local government area card. The government is not going to hand everything to us on a platter, we will have to work for some of those quality things we want. The responsibilty to transform Nigeria is not only on the GOVERNMENT but rather it involves the PEOPLE.

Shalom.
the big question now is how do we hold our leaders accountable without being made as a scapegoat?
Re: APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike by edogirl2: 7:17pm On Aug 14, 2014
Always interesting to see people mischievously enlist the SS into some kind of unholy alliance of hatred against Yorubas.

When did SS and SE people meet and agree on this evil charade?

Obviously I can't talk for everyone in the SS, but many people I know from my side would be repulsed by the idea of being told who to like or dislike.

I have zero problems with Yorubas, or Hausas, Igbirra, Igbos or whatever.

2 Likes

Re: APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike by larride(m): 7:22pm On Aug 14, 2014
CyberWolf: the big question now is how do we hold our leaders accountable without being made as a scapegoat?

Thank you brother, our leaders derives their power from US, we can make them tremble by coming together to make our voice heard. For example, your local government chairman didn't perform any of his function after like 6month and you see hime buying exotic cars and living a larger-than life life, then we mobilize each other to his office and demand how he has spent the 6months allocation, we demand nothing more than accountability and not just promises because the time of promises has passed (time of election) rather we demand for implementation of their promises. If every Local government state holding their elected officials accountable and not looking for the GEJs and Fashs of this world to come solve their street problem when they have a chairman in their backyward that they can do nothing too. The change we seek start with us.
Re: APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike by clevadani: 7:31pm On Aug 14, 2014
iiichidodo: Excuse me?! So how do we go about supporting that?.
name just one anti igbo sentiment they've exhibited apart from d fashola deportation saga in which all our govs a culpable of. didn't t.a orji sack all non abians from d civil service and only returned dem? name one incident for me where apc expressed dis so called anti igbo sentiments

6 Likes

Re: APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike by CyberWolf: 7:39pm On Aug 14, 2014
larride:

Thank you brother, our leaders derives their power from US, we can make them tremble by coming together to make our voice heard. For example, your local government chairman didn't perform any of his function after like 6month and you see hime buying exotic cars and living a larger-than life life, then we mobilize each other to his office and demand how he has spent the 6months allocation, we demand nothing more than accountability and not just promises because the time of promises has passed (time of election) rather we demand for implementation of their promises. If every Local government state holding their elected officials accountable and not looking for the GEJs and Fashs of this world to come solve their street problem when they have a chairman in their backyward that they can do nothing too. The change we seek start with us.
thank you bro..we will definitely get there..
Re: APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike by Gbawe: 7:42pm On Aug 14, 2014
clevadani:
name just one anti igbo sentiment they've exhibited apart from d fashola deportation saga in which all our govs a culpable of. didn't t.a orji sack all non abians from d civil service and only returned dem? name one incident for me where apc expressed dis so called anti igbo sentiments

Bro, when someone is prejudiced against others, their mind ,even to the point of self-delusion, is only capable of viewing those they discriminate against negatively. It is sad, aside the usual sentimental and highly biased utterances, that no Nairaland Igbo has produced a coherent argument that evinces a believably factual case for the PDP being better than the APC or indeed serving the interest of the Igbos better. All they deal in are sentiments, conjectures, half-truths and, in some cases, outright lies.

1 Like

Re: APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike by iiichidodo: 7:45pm On Aug 14, 2014
clevadani:
Nyako's diatribe....Also the sustained witch hunting of influential figures in the admin example Oduah,Iweala,Iheajirka etc by APC sponsored media.El rufai's almost maniacal stance and posturing.The icing on the cake will be the deportation saga,that has to be the most brazen act,with most yorobars supporting the move on social media..…
Re: APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike by aresa: 7:46pm On Aug 14, 2014
clevadani:

The fact is, you don't have to do anything for them to hate you. Hatred and bigotry is their way of life especially considering the fact that they get fed and indoctrinated from birth...
Re: APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike by Gbawe: 7:48pm On Aug 14, 2014
nku5: I respect Uwazurike's intentions but he should leave igbos and APC matter.

APC in itself is running on a motor that is antagonistic ab initio to igbos. Strangely the party's bigwigs have expressed anti-igbo sentiments and boldly too. Fani Kayode the coke head as a consummate follow-follow guy joined APC and to feel among, quickly started writing anti-igbo articles. Let's not even go into clowns like Nyako.

Was Nyako not a PDP Governor far longer than he was an APC Governor? This is the very essence of our discussion here. I.e the way some folks always see ethnicity and partisanship in everything. You talk as if Nyako and Fan-Kayode are somehow exclusively representative of the APC when both are just cross-carpeting politicians going where their bread is buttered. Did the APC completely hone the character and political outlook of Nyako and Fani-Kayode when the Party did not even exist when both first gained political office? Yet you and another Igbo chap have given Nyako's utterance as reasons to view the APC as anti-Igbo when he was a PDP Governor not too long ago !!! No one in the APC asked FFK to write "anti-Igbo articles" and in case you have not noticed he is doing same against the APC now he is a PDP member. That is what FFK does that a sensible person cannot assume indicates the character of the APC. Why then do you talk as you do if we are not dealing with the biased and unobjective mien that makes you taint what/who you do not like with notoriety while you fail to see same in yourself or anything/anyone you support?

It is sad, aside the usual sentimental and highly biased utterances, that no Igbo has produced a coherent argument that evinces a believably factual case for the PDP being better than the APC or indeed serving the interest of the Igbos better.
Re: APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:50pm On Aug 14, 2014
iiichidodo: Mumu that particular bridge was blown to pieces during the civil war.....Go figure.
Anuofia, and it remained abandonned till 1985 to 1993 when IBB ruled? Soon after parts of the bridge was destroyed, the Nigerian Army Corps of engineers. Check Alabi-Isama's book you will see him and his mother standing on the bridge. It is the same till date.
Re: APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike by clevadani: 7:50pm On Aug 14, 2014
Gbawe:

Bro, when someone is prejudiced against others, their mind ,even to the point of self-delusion, is only capable of viewing those they discriminate against negatively. It is sad, aside the usual sentimental and highly biased utterances, that no Nairaland Igbo has produced a coherent argument that evinces a believably factual case for the PDP being better than the APC or indeed serving the interest of the Igbos better. All they deal in are sentiments, conjectures, half-truths and, in some cases, outright lies.
as in I'm very surprised when I see grown men who's able to operate a Mobile fone and navigate d web can come here and resort to insults and spewing hateful garbage online for no reason instead of giving logical reasons for dia stance
Re: APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike by Sibrah: 7:52pm On Aug 14, 2014
Why is Massob leader even talking about 'APShit'.
Re: APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike by aresa: 7:55pm On Aug 14, 2014
iiichidodo: Nyako's diatribe....Also the sustained witch hunting of influential figures in the admin example Oduah,Iweala,Iheajirka etc by APC sponsored media.El rufai's almost maniacal stance and posturing.The icing on the cake will be the deportation saga,that has to be the most brazen act,with most yorobars supporting the move on social media..…

You mean speaking up against corruption and incompetence as Nigerians means we are anti ibo?

Your ibo governors deported ibo people too so what's your point? Are they anti ibo too?

your hatred and bigotry predates gej and the people you mentioned so try again
Re: APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike by iiichidodo: 7:55pm On Aug 14, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
[s]Anuofia, and it remained abandonned till 1985 to 1993 when IBB ruled? Soon after parts of the bridge was destroyed, the Nigerian Army Corps of engineers. Check Alabi-Isama's book you will see him and his mother standing on the bridge. It is the same till date.[/s]
Otélé Ewú are you done??...
Re: APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike by Gbawe: 7:58pm On Aug 14, 2014
clevadani:
as in I'm very surprised when I see grown men who's able to operate a Mobile fone and navigate d web can come here and resort to insults and spewing hateful garbage online for no reason[b] instead of giving logical reasons for dia stance[/b]

Most of them simply confuse themselves while trying to deceive others about their prejudiced and discriminatory outlook. They cannot put up a coherently factual argument and are only able to deploy sentiments and bias. Pathetic.
Re: APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike by clevadani: 8:04pm On Aug 14, 2014
iiichidodo: Nyako's diatribe....Also the sustained witch hunting of influential figures in the admin example Oduah,Iweala,Iheajirka etc by APC sponsored media.El rufai's almost maniacal stance and posturing.The icing on the cake will be the deportation saga,that has to be the most brazen act,with most yorobars supporting the move on social media..…
nyako's action was condemned by all. apc didn't even fight for him during d impeachment process. U've said nothing about el Rufai. dose ppl dat were deported,were dey dragged from dia houses and forced out of Lagos or were dey destitutes?
is it only fashola that has repatriated citizens back to dia states? even peter obi d best Igbo governor repatriated even fellow igbos back to dia states(if u doubt,read dis article https://www.osundefender.org/?p=114731)
besides fashola showed proofs dat Peter obi approved d deportation
Re: APC Not Making Efforts To Integrate Igbo – Uwazurike by Lordlexyy: 8:06pm On Aug 14, 2014
Is like history keep repeating itself, this time politically and these people (Igbos) haven't learnt a thing from it. The politics of emotions and unnecessary hate remains their bane, while the youths you expect would have make correction from the unfortunate mistake of pride embarked by their elders have willingly carried the same batton of deceit which apparently will be catastrophic. Never in history have we seen a people totally lacking in political ideology like the igbos. Ready to pinch tent with anyone/anything that offer instant pleasure. Paraventure APC wins the presidential, majority of these people will find reason or excuse to line behind it. When you turn every region into an enemy, who will stand behind you in the day of evil. As it is today, no region can wholly say they trust the SE not even the SS because of its inconsistency. God help the good stocks among these army of boasters.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Biafra Female Soldiers(pix) / BREAKING NEWS: Industrial Court Restored The 22 Lga's Chairmen In Rivers State / Biafra Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.