Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Pictures Mean Nothing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Mean Nothing (918 Views)

Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? / Ahmed Magaji Tinubu Is Not A Yoruba Name. Tinubu Mean Nothing In Yoruba / What Will Four More Years Of Barack Obama Mean For Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Mean Nothing by meforyou1(m): 1:08am On Aug 14, 2014
On Nairaland, I have been labeled as a tribalist. And the question I ask which I have not gotten answer for is - what is the full meaning of tribalism?
I notice that some people get so emotional when you talk ill of their place of origin or residence. Like how my good friend refused to talk to me for good 2 weeks when I told her that her ilorin people are too docile.
And I just so feel bad for her for how she is feeling. Because I didn't talk of her as her in herself. Reminds me of one time chino was hitting on abagwaro and said, all imo girls are prostitutes, while apologizing to me by name. Didn't reply because I had no cause to. Just don't care. All imo girls can be prostitutes and it doesn't bother me a bit.
And u show me the bad state of imo roads. And so? I myself posted the bad state of my hometown, arondizuogu, roads myself.
So for me I will never get angry if u post pictures of all my immediate sisters and say they are all prostitutes, because it wount bother me because they are not me. And u post pictures of my brothers and say they are all armed robbers, it won't bother me because they are adults and can answer to their crimes.
So all these picture exchanges don't go down well with me. Because it depicts nothing. Showing pictures of of my town having modern zings but yours having red roof doesn't win any argument. So that's why I never volunteer for the roof type fight.
Like I look those pictures and derive no value or joy in them, we are no local govt chairmen or governors or presidents.
Pictures of towns, people and places mean nothing, the earlier we stop snapping and posting them, the better.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Mean Nothing by Idrismusty97(m): 1:21am On Aug 14, 2014
Are you crying? smiley. You sound like you are about to break down in tears. If truly it means nothing you wouldn't have wasted such amount of time writing this.
Re: Pictures Mean Nothing by meforyou1(m): 2:10am On Aug 14, 2014
Idrismusty97: Are you crying? smiley. You sound like you are about to break down in tears. If truly it means nothing you wouldn't have wasted such amount of time writing this.
vagabond, vamoose from my thread.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Mean Nothing by spiralwedge(m): 11:44am On Aug 17, 2014
meforyou1: On Nairaland, I have been labeled as a tribalist. And the question I ask which I have not gotten answer for is - what is the full meaning of tribalism?
I notice that some people get so emotional when you talk ill of their place of origin or residence. Like how my good friend refused to talk to me for good 2 weeks when I told her that her ilorin people are too docile.
And I just so feel bad for her for how she is feeling. Because I didn't talk of her as her in herself. Reminds me of one time chino was hitting on abagwaro and said, all imo girls are prostitutes, while apologizing to me by name. Didn't reply because I had no cause to. Just don't care. All imo girls can be prostitutes and it doesn't bother me a bit.
And u show me the bad state of imo roads. And so? I myself posted the bad state of my hometown, arondizuogu, roads myself.
So for me I will never get angry if u post pictures of all my immediate sisters and say they are all prostitutes, because it wount bother me because they are not me. And u post pictures of my brothers and say they are all armed robbers, it won't bother me because they are adults and can answer to their crimes.
So all these picture exchanges don't go down well with me. Because it depicts nothing. Showing pictures of of my town having modern zings but yours having red roof doesn't win any argument. So that's why I never volunteer for the roof type fight.
Like I look those pictures and derive no value or joy in them, we are no local govt chairmen or governors or presidents.
Pictures of towns, people and places mean nothing, the earlier we stop snapping and posting them, the better.

so everyone should be you?
if you are not sensitive to the feelings of people around you, then you have a big problem in your hand. I'm pretty sure you are despised in your house, neighborhood, office, family, village etc.

Perhaps, you are traumatized and you have developed thick skin which has made you inconsiderate.
You may need professional help

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Mean Nothing by meforyou1(m): 2:58pm On Aug 17, 2014
spiralwedge:

so everyone should be you?
if you are not sensitive to the feelings of people around you, then you have a big problem in your hand. I'm pretty sure you are despised in your house, neighborhood, office, family, village etc.

Perhaps, you are traumatized and you have developed thick skin which has made you inconsiderate.
You may need professional help
what's this animal saying?
Re: Pictures Mean Nothing by Reptyle(m): 4:08pm On Aug 17, 2014
Nairaland....the new bastion of comic relief for Nigerians home and abroad grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan And PDP Have Killed Nigeria - Fashola / Adamawa Election: APC Vows To Expose Fintiri As Payback Over Nyako / AKWA IBOM: The Most Blessed State Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.