Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,553 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay (29135 Views)

Tinubu Under Pressure To Float New Party - National Daily / Why Dogara Rejected APC, President Buhari Reconciliation Move. / I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay by Nobody: 6:10am On Aug 14, 2014
A former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Malam Nuhu Ribadu, has said he is not bothered about the pressure mounted by his party, the All Progressive Congress (APC), to halt his planned defection to the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

The APC leadership has continued to dissuade the former anti-corruption chief from defecting to the PDP.

But reacting to the move, Ribadu noted that while he appreciated the gestures, he is entitled to his decision.

Speaking through his media aide, Abdulaziz Abdulaziz, the former presidential aspirant seeking to contest the Adamawa governorship election said the current pressure was   a sign of his competence.

A statement signed by Abdulaziz and made available to THISDAY in Abuja yesterday noted that: “Ribadu has support irrespective of political leanings in the state. The people need someone with Ribadu’s credentials. Thus it is no wonder he is under pressure from all quarters.”

Abdulaziz also added that Ribadu had grassroots appeal as a result of his anti-corruption crusade which made him a house hold name.

Since it got out that Ribadu wants to run for the governorship, many commentators have either hailed or flayed the decision.

Apart from the choice of the PDP platform, some observers have criticised the office the Adamawa politician is seeking.
But Abdulaziz said the former EFCC boss was enjoying massive support from the state because the people have identified corruption as the biggest issue.

He noted that although Ribadu did not have a godfather, he has widespread support from major stakeholders both in the state and the presidency.
Meanwhile, a former scribe of the PDP in the state, Mr. P. P. Elisha,  has faulted moves by some political heavyweights to deny Ribadu automatic admission into party

Elisha who spoke with journalists at his residence in Yola, described the action as unfair to the party and freedom of individuals to associate.

He maintained that “these” people who now pride themselves as members of the PDP were given waivers in 2011, adding that some of them had added colour to the party with their aura.

“It is an act of gross injustice and unfairness not to allow Ribadu join the PDP,” he said.

According to him, the elders and those crying foul had in 2011 disregarded due process in picking candidates according to laid down guidelines, as he expressed surprise that the same people were crying foul, adding “that he who must agitate for equity and justice must come with clean hands.”

“I remember in 2011 when we were in Bauchi, the incumbent national chairman of the party was aspiring to contest for primaries for the presidential ticket of the party. He mobilised for an alleged imposition. The same scenario is playing out now.

“But when we went to Eagle Square in Abuja, nobody protested against the imposition of the party’s presidential candidate in 2011. The convention was held as the president emerged the candidate and eventually won the presidential election,” Elisha said.
The former scribe explained that the national chairman of PDP should not be crucified for replaying the same type that was played in 2011, saying it was the same method applied to some person who had aspired for the presidency of the country on the platform of the PDP despite the fact that there were many presidential aspirants then.

“The same thing rolled out in the state when we came back to the state after the convention. The same stakeholders crying fouls now said we should adopt Murtala Nyako as the governorship candidate of the party against all odds, despite the fact that there were many aspirants for the office.

“At that time, only five of us, Musa Kamale, PP Elisha and three others who frowned at such action said it was imposition as primaries were not conducted. Between our trip from Bauchi and Abuja, a decision was taken in favour of Nyako without primaries.

“If it was done in 2011 or 2012, why should it not be done now? Why are the same people crying foul? Adamu Mua’zu suffered the same fate because he was a presidential aspirant.”

“They are only making noise, am sorry to say that, but the facts are there for everyone to see.”

Elisha, who vouched for the credibility of the former EFCC boss, said Ribadu could only be likened to the disposition of General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), whose aspiration for Nigeria “is to free the society of corruption and indecency.”

He said if elected, Ribadu would make sure that there is equity and fairness in the political and the administrative system in the state “because he is a tested and trusted person whose passion is needed for the development and growth of the state.”
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ribadu-i-am-not-bothered-about-pressure-from-apc/186315/

5 Likes

Re: Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay by kkkp: 6:22am On Aug 14, 2014
hmmmm....l'm speeeeeechhleeessssss

1 Like

Re: Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay by Koolmexxi(m): 6:48am On Aug 14, 2014
Jus join PDP and shut up.. All of una na d same thing irrespective of the party.

55 Likes

Re: Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay by PassingShot(m): 6:54am On Aug 14, 2014
Ribadu - losing significance since 2009.

13 Likes

Re: Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay by Yazmin: 6:57am On Aug 14, 2014
Its high time I quit party politics.

I'd consider moving back to my farm in Bulawayo or my Academic Job at Harvard.

I have paid my dues.

To my numerous supporters and well wishers...I say f*ck u!!!!! grin

7 Likes

Re: Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay by Yazmin: 6:58am On Aug 14, 2014
Its high time I quit party politics.

I'd consider moving back to my farm in Bulawayo or my Academic Job at Harvard.

I have paid my dues in local partisan politics!

To my numerous supporters and well wishers...I say f*ck u!!!!! grin
Re: Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay by BlackPeni5: 7:29am On Aug 14, 2014
I support his defection. Afterall, Tinubu's Lagos and other Southwest states with the exception of Osun did not vote for him (their party candidate) during the 2011 presidential elections.

My biggest surprise was how he managed to stay with APC despite the betrayal.

useless politicians

35 Likes

Re: Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay by egift(m): 7:42am On Aug 14, 2014
While I support him as a Candidate and his choice to contest wherever he wants, he should learn from the plight of Soludo.

The killer party does not change its behaviour that easily.

24 Likes

Re: Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay by LordVarys: 7:43am On Aug 14, 2014
Ribadu will formally announce his defection today or tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay by egift(m): 7:50am On Aug 14, 2014
This is when wisdom makes all the difference. Ribadu should use a very long spoon to eat with PDP.

- They will lure in our of APC.
- By the time he will loose the PDP ticket, that of APC will not be vacant.
- And he will eat the humble pie like Soludo.
- In one stroke, the Coven will deprive him of the shot he had at Presidency. (Just imagine a possible Ribadu/Fashola ticket wink )

11 Likes

Re: Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 14, 2014
i will give up on nigerian politics if this guy goes to the pdp.

34 Likes

Re: Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay by bankyblue(m): 8:18am On Aug 14, 2014
Re: Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay by bestman09(m): 8:26am On Aug 14, 2014
PDP is surely better than APC by miles. This is surely the best political decision Ribadu will make.

43 Likes

Re: Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 14, 2014
[/color]
Obiagelli: [color=blue] i will give up on nigerian politics if this guy goes to the pdp.
be ready to give up because he is on his way to the PDP.

34 Likes

Re: Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay by PointB: 8:33am On Aug 14, 2014
It's up to him.

PDP is ridding itself of many of it's bad eggs. People like Ribadu will make big difference in Adamawa, and of course Nigeria. I only hope he's sincere, as this particular cross-carpeting is fraught with a lot of suspicion.

12 Likes

Re: Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:34am On Aug 14, 2014
Obiagelli: i will give up on nigerian politics if this guy goes to the pdp.

Calm down, It's all about the 2015. APC' silence in the matter is golden grin just watch the intrigues as it unfold! I rather PM you than spill everything here!

3 Likes

Re: Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay by idumuose(m): 8:35am On Aug 14, 2014
You had better give up now cos the guy(Ribadu) has already berthed in PDP.Don't wait until he announces his defection before you give up on politicians.

26 Likes

Re: Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 14, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Calm down, It's all about the 2015. APC' silence in the matter is golden grin just watch the intrigues as it unfold! I rather PM you than spill everything here!
i also suspect something, please pm me.
Re: Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay by lorRhyMeZ: 9:09am On Aug 14, 2014
At times like this,I just sit down n observe. I wonder what will happen to d age long friendship between Nuhu Ribadu and Nasir EL-Rufai..

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay by KanwuliaJara: 9:14am On Aug 14, 2014
Poor thing!
E don marry 2 husbands Na.
APC don take am do yeye well-well!
Back to PDP!

Political harlots Na waya! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 14, 2014
Ribadu is free to declare for the PDP but his reasons for going to PDP is laughable. It shows his desperation for Political Office. The APC should let him go and field another candidate. I don't think he is the ONLY one aspiring for the Office in the APC. The APC should avoid attaching itself to the apron of Politician. It should be a brand and an Institution instead.

6 Likes

Re: Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 14, 2014
PointB: It's up to him.

PDP is ridding itself of many of it's bad eggs. People like Ribadu will make big difference in Adamawa, and of course Nigeria. I only hope he's sincere, as this particular cross-carpeting is fraught with a lot of suspicion.
I don't trust unstable politicians. Shekarau defected to PDP, his reason was understandable. Same with Attahiru Bafarawa. But Ribadu's is more of a desperate opportunist seeking to ride on the PDP political machinery. Anyway, I am APC fan but wish him well. The PDP as a party should be careful of Politicians like Rinadu. Their loyalty is absolutely in doubt

4 Likes

Re: Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay by jmaine: 9:32am On Aug 14, 2014

Noted . . . . . When five governors of the "Killer Party" defected to the APC in one fell swoop, you never gave up but joined the bandwagon of fellow faithful's who were dancing Skelewu and galala all over the board . . . .

Welcome to knowledge of the times . . . . .

46 Likes

Re: Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay by jmaine: 9:41am On Aug 14, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

You know your fantasies won't be permitted here with harsh and brutal valid counters . . .So I understand . . . . .

25 Likes

Re: Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:47am On Aug 14, 2014
jmaine:

You know your fantasies won't be permitted here with harsh and brutal valid counters . . .So I understand . . . . .

Ok!

5 Likes

Re: Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay by keeeem: 9:48am On Aug 14, 2014
I think Ribadu is missing it. Whoever advised him to go to PDP is not doing him any good. Must everybody belong to PDP or APC? Why is it difficult for people to carve an identity for themselves and use their goodwill to float a new party with new ideas and ways of doing things. With this move to PDP it has shown Ribadu to be a desperado. I expected much from him than this line of reasoning. With this one now, I am more than convinced that Politicians in Nigeria are the same including the Ribadu we think is a clean man. I am pained that another person I view highly has messed up again. First it was Abati now Ribadu. These guys are poverticians (driven by poverty and not the need to serve). shiooor

5 Likes

Re: Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 14, 2014
jmaine:

Noted . . . . . When five governors of the "Killer Party" defected to the APC in one fell swoop, you never gave up but joined the bandwagon of fellow faithful's who were dancing Skelewu and galala all over the board . . . .

Welcome to knowledge of the times . . . . .
other than being adamu muazu's son inlaw, i see no reason why he should join the pdp except for greater/future apc gains.

I am happy we gained 5 pdp states not their governos.

4 Likes

Re: Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay by jmaine: 9:57am On Aug 14, 2014
Obiagelli:
other than being adamu muazu's son inlaw, i see no reason why he should join the pdp except for greater/future apc gains.

I am happy we gained 5 pdp states not their governos.

Am sure you are musing at the idea of Ribadu defecting back to the APC after winning under the platform of the PDP, a feat the ACN/APC never offered him in the first place grin. Having such hope is good, but the chance of occurrence is very slim . . . . .

You gained Five governors and not 5 PDP states cos the Governors can switch sides whenever they want, but the root structure of the party in those states remains the same . . .. .

33 Likes

Re: Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay by Reptyle(m): 9:59am On Aug 14, 2014

I gave up on Nigerian politics a long time ago.
Re: Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay by jmaine: 10:00am On Aug 14, 2014
keeeem: I think Ribadu is missing it. Whoever advised him to go to PDP is not doing him any good. Must everybody belong to PDP or APC? Why is it difficult for people to carve an identity for themselves and use their goodwill to float a new party with new ideas and ways of doing things. With this move to PDP it has shown Ribadu to be a desperado. I expected much from him than this line of reasoning. With this one now, I am more than convinced that Politicians in Nigeria are the same including the Ribadu we think is a clean man. I am pained that another person I view highly has messed up again. First it was Abati now Ribadu. These guys are poverticians (driven by poverty and not the need to serve). shiooor

Welcome to the knowledge of the times . . . . . .

5 Likes

Re: Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay by lilprinze: 10:05am On Aug 14, 2014
he should cm and join d winning team(PDP) and leave dose terrorist(APC)

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe / Nigerians Mock INEC With #Inconclusive On Twitter / Sadiya Farouq Travels To US For Childbirth - The Street Journal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.