Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,564 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu (42885 Views)

How I Rejected N1Billion Bribe – Amaechi / Bugaje To Buhari: I Rejected Your Appointment Because My Hands Are Full / PDP Offers N200B For Tinubu To Accept Interim VP Slot. - Obinna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu by kglamour(m): 9:51pm On Mar 12, 2015
A National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, says the recent attacks on his person were because he rejected the offer by President Goodluck Jonathan to serve as the Vice President in an Interim National Government.

Tinubu said in a statement by his media office on Thursday that having refused the offer, Jonathan was looking for ways to take him out either by killing him or getting him arrested based on trumped-up charges.

The former governor of Lagos State said the Peoples Democratic Party had never been this rattled in its 16 years of power.

He said Jonathan blamed him for the successful merger of the APC and the momentum the APC presidential candidate, Maj.Gen Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), was gaining in the current electioneering.

Tinubu said with the North-West and the South-West — the two most populous geo-political zones — in the hands of the APC, it was certain that the PDP would lose.

The statement read, “With the election less than three weeks away and the outcome possibly against them, the Goodluck Jonathan Presidency and the hardliners in the PDP have embarked on a new strategy to put a brake on the momentum Buhari seems to be gathering.

“This strategy is novel and seems to be the outcome of a desperate calculation in that the PDP has shifted its attention from the APC in order to attack on multiple fronts the former governor of Lagos State and APC national leader, Bola Tinubu.

“From what can be gathered through informed sources, the PDP and Jonathan Presidency had recently tried to fracture the APC by offering Tinubu the position of Vice President in an interim government if he would agree to part company with the popular Buhari.

“Once Tinubu rebuffed the offer to participate in the interim scheme, the presidency decided to change tactics. It would no longer try to entice Tinubu with sugar but would now move to silence, and if necessary, neutralise him. The APC National leader has caused President Jonathan’s team countless headaches this campaign season, his declining the interim government offer is just the latest.

“The Jonathan government sees Tinubu as the linchpin of the APC and its successful electoral strategy. They also consider him one of the government’s most prolific and able critics due to his long standing and often strident critiques of Jonathan government policies, from economic development to national security.

“More to the point, they blame him as the man who is most responsible for placing them in their current electoral quandary. They believe without Tinubu’s efforts, the successful merger of the political parties into the APC would not have occurred and they would not be facing possible defeat at the hands of this new party.”

The former governor said the recent televised hate documentaries were part of the desperate attempt by Jonathan to discredit him.

He added that Jonathan might even accuse him of the murder of the PDP candidate, Mr. Funsho Williams, who was killed in 2006.

The statement added, “The agenda to tackle Bola Tinubu and weaken his political influence nationwide and to undermine his leadership in South Western politics can be said to have gone into the overdrive.

“The first part of the strategy is to dredge previously discredited claims of illicit wealth in hopes of silencing Tinubu or lessening his public image. However, they fear this public relations attack may be too soft as Tinubu has been taken before the ICPC and the case against him dismissed.

“If this attack does not deter his party activities, the presidency and PDP are prepared to take more drastic action if they believe it is necessary to win the election by throwing the APC into disarray.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-rejected-jonathans-offer-of-interim-vp-tinubu/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu by micolaj: 9:53pm On Mar 12, 2015
A president that could not convince all NIGERIANS in 5 years, wants to convince TINUBU of all people. GEJ is a failed president and a BAD NEGOTIATOR. Let the truth be told, If GEJ had done well in the last 5 years, he wouldn't have been engaging in different kinds of desperate game, because PEOPLE would be convinced beyond any reasonable doubt to give him their MANDATEs for another 4 years. The veracity of this report is zero, but at the same time, it would be difficult for a lIAR to convince another LIAR.

320 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu by sosanova: 9:56pm On Mar 12, 2015
Thief-nubuisim

157 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu by haitto99(m): 9:57pm On Mar 12, 2015
I laugh in Greek..

normally I won't believe these,but with the level of desperation from our president,anything is possible,d guy Wld lick asses just to be president again

sai buhari!

17 Likes

Re: I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu by blacksta(m): 9:58pm On Mar 12, 2015
And some fools we tell me sahara spreads fake news

Gej is an undercover dictator and is bound to fail

233 Likes 18 Shares

Re: I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu by macpetrus(m): 9:59pm On Mar 12, 2015
WHY THIS CONSPIRACY THEORY??

Why should a sitting president offer u tinubu an interim VP.... But I trust Mr. Tinubu if he can get such offer he will surely jump at it, because
tinubu is a strategic opportunist!!

I am not supporting GEJ’s government but Mr Tinubu I don’t believe your story

286 Likes 20 Shares

Re: I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu by politricks: 10:01pm On Mar 12, 2015
The way GEJ is desperate shows that he knows he is going to lose. Only his brainwashed supporters thinks otherwise.
For your information, Aso Rock has been shifted to Lagos till further notice.

112 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu by GboyegaD(m): 10:04pm On Mar 12, 2015
Why is GEJ thinking of an interim government if he meant well for the country? He has failed and should take the election results when it comes as the voice of the people.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu by shininglite(m): 10:07pm On Mar 12, 2015
old corrupt drug lord wanted to b president Tru d back door by Fielding a sick certificateless illiterate **dat evil plan has been exposed **

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu by fkaz(m): 10:23pm On Mar 12, 2015
It is glaring that president jonathan will loose 2015 general election, because he didn't find it difficult to control southern part of the country like this in 2011, now that he is struggling to control southern part with Gen Buhari is a sign he will fail

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu by alaoeri: 10:34pm On Mar 12, 2015
Once again Sahara reporters vindicated, no wonder the silly documentary on Tinubu's personality, Jona will go down as the worst democratically elected president of this country.

* this reminds me of a guy that switch allegiance on this forum because of protection (egunje), he once created a thread faulting APC for accusing GEJ of planning interim government, now we know the truth *

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu by slimfit1(m): 10:42pm On Mar 12, 2015
I don't believe the story it doesn't make sense to me

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu by Almightyperes: 10:44pm On Mar 12, 2015
sosanova:
Thief-nubuisim
hey Bro, buzz me let's work together 08065854181
Re: I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu by egift(m): 10:55pm On Mar 12, 2015

Jonathan begging Tinubu for support.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu by oluwasuski: 10:57pm On Mar 12, 2015
For PDP, the fear of Tinubu is the beginning of ...

30 Likes

Re: I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu by knightsTempler: 11:06pm On Mar 12, 2015
wink

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu by knightsTempler: 11:07pm On Mar 12, 2015
M

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu by mascot87(m): 11:07pm On Mar 12, 2015
Vote Tinubu for President

Change we actually deserve

Anyway,GEJ till Nigerian decide to use there brains

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu by freshness2020: 11:08pm On Mar 12, 2015
....your lie no sweet for mouth.... undecided undecided
try and give us your best next time sad sad
....meanwhile... GEJ 2015.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu by ZUBY77(m): 11:08pm On Mar 12, 2015
Watch out for tomorrow's headlines in some newspapers.

"Tinubu Denies saying Jonathan approached him to become Interim VP"

"Jonathan to sue Tinubu for 5 billion naira over false allegations"

"APC and PDP thugs burn cars in Ajegunle over Tinubu and Jonathan's war of words "

" Lai Mohammed accused Okupe of lies"

"Fani-kayode Blasts Tinubu over comments about Interim VP"

Guess where it's all happening? South West.

We are cool here in the East.
Even if Lucifer wins the Presidency, we will survive.
We have managed to create our own World where not even Buhari can tamper.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu by Americanized(m): 11:08pm On Mar 12, 2015
This man has mouth odor.
Nobody wants him as a vice president. grin grin grin

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu by kekakuz(m): 11:08pm On Mar 12, 2015
lies ooooooooooo

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu by Vicotex(m): 11:08pm On Mar 12, 2015
Thief-nubu dem say everything about you na LIE and ur mouth dey smell Like dog shitt n u carry igbo (drugs)

Btw, am I the only one who thinks sahara deserters Reporters should not be taken seriously

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu by BabaO2: 11:08pm On Mar 12, 2015
SAHARA is the Bible.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu by sammyj: 11:08pm On Mar 12, 2015
grin Maybe we should write and produce a movie called every body is rejecting GEJ/SHEPOPOTEMUS grin!!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu by kinibigdeal(m): 11:09pm On Mar 12, 2015
comment on the documentary not after thought self defence..Mr man, you are corrupt if not the worst

12 Likes

Re: I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu by Euckybaby(f): 11:10pm On Mar 12, 2015
story for the gods

5 Likes

Re: I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu by Thinkr(m): 11:10pm On Mar 12, 2015
Nice lie.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu by konny1(m): 11:10pm On Mar 12, 2015
The biggest landlord in lagos cheesy

This one na lie undecided undecided undecided

12 Likes

Re: I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu by Demmzy15(m): 11:10pm On Mar 12, 2015
Baba Tinubu we dey your back o

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu by mrrock: 11:10pm On Mar 12, 2015
Pure rubbish!!. APC is a satanic party and Tinubu by this new propaganda have just proved he's just a common criminal. Who wouldn't know this is a lie?. SMH.
The only thing Tinubu and his party have got is propaganda! propaganda! and more propaganda!.

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

APC Wins Kwara Bye-Election / Shirtless Beach Photo: Reno Omokri Replies His Critics (Pictures) / Kebbi State Labour Party Women Leader's Restaurant Burnt To Ashes (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.