Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread (5061 Views)

The Best Professionl Course(s) For Geo-scientists (applied Geo-physicists) / Thread For Electrical/electronic Engineering Students/graduates / Why The Comparism Btwn Physicists And Mathematicians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 14, 2014
Strictly for Physicists either,
Pure..
Applied..
Electronics..
Materials..

Let's discuss the future. In terms of career development, job prospects, also we will be discussing about which industries are open to us and the challenges we face..

Anyway, let me start by introducing myself, I am ChykeHosan, a Student of Industrial Physics (electronics)..
All contributions are welcome.

The future belongs to those who are well prepared for it. Thanks and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread by cumz(m): 8:33am On Aug 14, 2014
yes yes yes
am Me...
300l engineering physics
Re: Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 14, 2014
cumz: yes yes yes
am Me...
300l engineering physics

What school ?
Are u under d faculty of Science or Engineering ?
Re: Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread by cumz(m): 1:25pm On Aug 14, 2014
NigellusHosan:

What school ?
Are u under d faculty of Science or Engineering ?
oau.
faculty of science... not engineering
Re: Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 14, 2014
cumz:
oau.
faculty of science... not engineering

ok dats kool..
Are there no physicists on Nairaland ??

Seun please move this thread to the front page..
Re: Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread by cumz(m): 3:34pm On Aug 14, 2014
NigellusHosan:

ok dats kool..
Are there no physicists on Nairaland ??

Seun please move this thread to the front page..

as in I tire o..
maybe the course dey shame dem
but me is a proud physicist.

between. what's the name of your school and level.
Re: Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 14, 2014
cumz:
as in I tire o..
maybe the course dey shame dem
but me is a proud physicist.

between. what's the name of your school and level.

Same here o..
Awon physicists..

FUTOite..
100level
Re: Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread by cumz(m): 5:27pm On Aug 14, 2014
NigellusHosan:

Same here o..
Awon physicists..

FUTOite..
100level
OK. welcome onboard
hope you are not finding it just hard yet..
Buh rather interesting?
Re: Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 14, 2014
cumz:
OK. welcome onboard
hope you are not finding it just hard yet..
Buh rather interesting?

it's tough..plus d department is usually very strict..
But 'm finding it interesting doe..
My duration is 5 years...so 'm still doing general courses, not started main physics courses yet..

What school are you ?
Re: Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread by cumz(m): 6:14pm On Aug 14, 2014
NigellusHosan:

it's tough..plus d department is usually very strict..
But 'm finding it interesting doe..
My duration is 5 years...so 'm still doing general courses, not started main physics courses yet..

What school are you ?
5 what?? are you kidding me??
mine is 4 o..
kikode...
I said oau earlier
Re: Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 14, 2014
cumz:
5 what?? are you kidding me??
mine is 4 o..
kikode...
I said oau earlier

Lol ok...
All courses in FUTO are 5 years..
Re: Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread by Lord9con(m): 9:19am On Aug 15, 2014
Hello everyone.
Physics Graduate
University of Abuja
Re: Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 15, 2014
Lord9con: Hello everyone.
Physics Graduate
University of Abuja

Nice welcome..
Re: Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 15, 2014
Physics Graduate
University of Abuja

As a graduate of physics what are the pros n cons..
What industries and opportunities are readily open to us.
Enlighten us a little
Re: Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 16, 2014
Hi friends, help evaluate this application and give a corresponding appraisal. I appreciate.

http://www.4shared.com/file/OHijQ7pWce/Illustrated_Dcitionary_Of_Elec.html
Re: Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread by cumz(m): 4:36pm On Aug 16, 2014
Physics Graduate
University of Abuja
sir..
we are waiting for you
Re: Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread by Lord9con(m): 11:34pm On Aug 16, 2014
NigellusHosan:
As a graduate of physics what are the pros n cons..
What industries and opportunities are readily open to us.
Enlighten us a little

Sorry for my late reply. Was a bit occupied.
To answer your question, First of all I don't think there is any disadvantage studying physics. Because the training and exposure one receives gives you that limitless opportunity to participate in whatever area that interests you. some places where you could find physics graduates working include; Oil and Gas, Telecomm. Aviation, Medical Physics, Power Sector.e.t.c One thing I'll advice everyone out there is to work very hard in school, get good grades and Develop your professional network because it would go a long way in helping you.

1 Like

Re: Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 17, 2014
Lord9con:

To answer your question, First of all I don't think there is any disadvantage studying physics. Because the training and exposure one receives gives you that limitless opportunity to participate in whatever area that interests you. some places where you could find physics graduates working include; Oil and Gas, Telecomm. Aviation, Medical Physics, Power Sector.e.t.c One thing I'll advice everyone out there is to work very hard in school, get good grades and Develop your professional network because it would go a long way in helping you.

Thanks
Re: Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread by rocketphysicist(m): 4:13am On Aug 18, 2014
Lord9con:

How many of these firms actually employ physicists in Nigeria?
Re: Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread by DCONE1(m): 12:31pm On Aug 18, 2014
GREAT PHYSICIST! GREAT!......hello to my fellow physicist...im a 300 physics student from kaduna state university.....i hail una ooooh.....i am pleased to meet all of you....cheesy
Re: Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 18, 2014
Re: Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread by Lord9con(m): 5:07pm On Aug 18, 2014
rocketphysicist:
How many of these firms actually employ physicists in Nigeria?

I know in the oil and Gas sector, there's a field called petrophysics, there is also Geophysics. Physics grads. Can also work as field Engineers because basically you all be trained when you're employed.

In the area of Satellite communications, I know Physicists are involved. So you have organisations like NigcomSat.

For Space Exploration we have our own Space Agency, NASDRA. where physics grads. Can also fit in

Hospitals across the country also employ physics grads. as professionals in the area of Medical physics.

In the power sector physics grads. can also be employed as field engineers but you may need to undergo training.

I believe they are even more that I may not know of but what I feel you guys need to do, is to make that extra effort in understanding how physics plays a role in various industries and from there you would appreciate the course and have a clear choice of the career path you intend to follow.
Re: Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread by rocketphysicist(m): 5:22pm On Aug 18, 2014
Lord9con:

I know in the oil and Gas sector, there's a field called petrophysics, there is also Geophysics. Physics grads. Can also work as field Engineers because basically you all be trained when you're employed.

In the area of Satellite communications, I know Physicists are involved. So you have organisations like NigcomSat.

For Space Exploration we have our own Space Agency, NASDRA. where physics grads. Can also fit in

Hospitals across the country also employ physics grads. as professionals in the area of Medical physics.

In the power sector physics grads. can also be employed as field engineers but you may need to undergo training.

I believe they are even more that I may not know of but what I feel you guys need to do, is to make that extra effort in understanding how physics plays a role in various industries and from there you would appreciate the course and have a clear choice of the career path you intend to follow.

Unfortunately, most of this jobs aren't advertised. They are usually insiders connection, cos I've never seen an advert for NASDRA or the satellite station.
Re: Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread by Lord9con(m): 7:10pm On Aug 18, 2014
rocketphysicist:
Unfortunately, most of this jobs aren't advertised. They are usually insiders connection, cos I've never seen an advert for NASDRA or the satellite station.

Yeah, I get that feeling too. That's why I pointed out in my earlier post to build good professional network, because most jobs are gotten through referrals.
Re: Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 18, 2014
Make sure you actually get to practise that course when you graduate, and not deviate into banks and audit firms like many Engineers and others seem to do nowadays.

Nigeria needs more scientists, now than ever before.

2 Likes

Re: Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread by Femmywilliams(m): 9:12pm On Aug 18, 2014
Femmywilliams,physics telecommunication,graduate of fut minna...physics d soul of sci. & tech.
Re: Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread by s3nn2x(m): 9:28pm On Aug 18, 2014
masonkz: Make sure you actually get to practise that course when you graduate, and not deviate into banks and audit firms like many Engineers and others seem to do nowadays.

I dey tell you
Re: Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 19, 2014
rocketphysicist:

Are u a physicist
Re: Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 19, 2014
Lord9con:

Thanks alot..
Re: Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 19, 2014
DCONE1: GREAT PHYSICIST! GREAT!......hello to my fellow physicist...im a 300 physics student from kaduna state university.....i hail una ooooh.....i am pleased to meet all of you....cheesy

welcome o...we are pleased to meet u too

1 Like

Re: Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread by rocketphysicist(m): 3:35pm On Aug 19, 2014
masonkz: Make sure you actually get to practise that course when you graduate, and not deviate into banks and audit firms like many Engineers and others seem to do nowadays.

Easier said than done, you obviously can't turn down a lucrative job outside your field. Yes nigeria needs scientist but the government doesn't encourage scientific research neither do they give jobs (NASDRA, SPACE TECHNOLOGY and the rest) the necessary transparent recruitment. Its always "long leg"
Re: Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 19, 2014
Femmywilliams: Femmywilliams,physics telecommunication,graduate of fut minna...physics d soul of sci. & tech.

welcome bros..
Please help us with ur views

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ican Study Pack For Public Sector Accounting / Advice Needed On Best University To Study Mechanical Engineering / Made In Nigeria Goods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.