Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Change Of Ownership And Renewal Of Papers - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Change Of Ownership And Renewal Of Papers (1170 Views)

Registration Of Vehicles/Change Of Ownership/Driver License / Car Change Of Ownership / What does Transfer of Ownership Car Document Entail ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Change Of Ownership And Renewal Of Papers by Triska: 11:41am On Aug 14, 2014
Good Morning,

Please, a friend just got a car.(Toyota Tiny Light) Fairly used but the papers and other documents has expired as at yesterday.

As such he can't move pending the renewal.

Please i want to find out, how much does it take to change vehicle papers; its ownership(change of ownership) and all other supporting documents?

And how long will it take to be ready?

Awaiting your swift response.

Thanks
Re: Change Of Ownership And Renewal Of Papers by cecegorz(m): 4:55pm On Aug 14, 2014
As it is now, i think the best bet is to renew the documents so that he can still drive around while he sorts out the change of ownership.
Renewal can be effected within 24 hours. I am not sure about the change of ownership procedures.
Re: Change Of Ownership And Renewal Of Papers by chucky234(m): 5:50pm On Aug 14, 2014
Get a court affirdavit, take the original docs along with the affirdavit to licensing office or better still have agent process it for you.
Change of ownership is all you have to do as the new docs will bear current date.

(1) (Reply)

Proposed Restoration : 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 / BMW Lover Parks His E30 M3 In His Living Room To Avoid Hurricane Mathew. / Nigerian Used Astro Chevrolet And American Ford GMC At Giveaway Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.