Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,724 members, 7,955,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:52 PM

What does Transfer of Ownership Car Document Entail ? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What does Transfer of Ownership Car Document Entail ? (30972 Views)

Registration Of Vehicles/Change Of Ownership/Driver License / Car Change Of Ownership / Car Diagnosis (scan). What Does It Really Entail? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What does Transfer of Ownership Car Document Entail ? by pmmgv(m): 11:26pm On Oct 18, 2011
Hello house i need your help, i will be paying for a naija used car from someone by end of the month, i will appreciate if anybody can draft a basic and comprehensive sample of ownership transfer agreement or if you can spell out the basic content expected in the agreement in order not to have police wahala in future.
and also what are the other procedure to bind this deal legally.
Thanks all
Re: What does Transfer of Ownership Car Document Entail ? by samueloo(m): 11:42pm On Oct 18, 2011
the first thing is to ensure that you collect all the original documents with the formal owner as u are the new owner but the document to collect varies as some owners don't usually renew their vehicle liscense as at when due, some of this documents includes :vehicle liscence,auto reg, insurance,mot or road worthiness certificate,proof of ownership,allocation of plate number,affidavit and poplice report if the owner bought the car from another individual as a used vehicle, finally abt the agreement. the is no big deal, you can have it typed or hand written its the content that matter, there is actually no perfect formula but you should ensure tha informations such as buyers name ,adress,amount of purchase ,dates, atleast a witness from the buyer and the seller also,and thesame information applies to the seller just as that of the buyer ,in addition the car must be describe with informations such as the cars: engine number, chasis number, colour, registration number and amount of purchase also. from here i believe u can move on.

best of luck and congrat in advance.

2 Likes

Re: What does Transfer of Ownership Car Document Entail ? by Aks(m): 3:49pm On Oct 19, 2011
@ Samueloo---- the detailed documents are absolutely right

The sample letter can be like this

CAR SALE AGREEMENT

This agreement is made between one Mr XXXXXXXXXXXXX, Male, of house no. 7 XXXXXXXXXXXXXStreet, Lagos, herein after referred to as the seller and one Mr. Jackson Male, of Osborne Foreshore Phase 1, Ikoyi, Lagos, herein after referred to as the buyer today Saturday, July 29, 2011.
Whereas the buyer has inspected a Honda Matrix 2003 model with registration number EZ1992LND at my office premise, Lagos and has found the car not objectionable.
The car’s chassis number is JHMCG1234564869 and its’ engine number is F25k6662187. The seller has agreed to sell the car for a purchase price of =N=650,000(six hundred and fifty thousand naira) only and to relinquish all titles/claims to the car.
The buyer has agreed to pay the above purchase consideration in exchange for the car.
To this agreement, the under signed persons have set their hands to ratify today

, ,
Mr Ade ollm (Seller) Mr. Ifesinachi Okoye (Buyer)

, ,
Mrs. Ndom Oke(Witness) Mrs. Ify Imi(Witness)

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What does Transfer of Ownership Car Document Entail ? by newuser: 11:41am On Oct 21, 2011
how long does it take to process a the change of ownership of a car?
Re: What does Transfer of Ownership Car Document Entail ? by inspiredm(m): 3:01pm On Oct 21, 2011
Sticky for maximum Exposure, Goodluck.
Re: What does Transfer of Ownership Car Document Entail ? by newuser: 10:32pm On Oct 21, 2011
I sorta find scanty info here on the topic
Re: What does Transfer of Ownership Car Document Entail ? by inspiredm(m): 10:38pm On Oct 21, 2011
newuser:

how long does it take to process a the change of ownership of a car?

1 - 2 days
Re: What does Transfer of Ownership Car Document Entail ? by princedant: 2:37am On Oct 22, 2011
Samueloo and Aks have rightly said it all, You can now take the agreement to the motor licensing authority to effect the transfer of ownership to reflect ur own name, i got one last week and i've gotten the following documents changed in my name 1) Proof of ownership 2) road worthiness 3) vehicle license 4) insurance, note that the care details on the system (auto reg) will take a while to effect vehicle license name change, congrats oh

1 Like

Re: What does Transfer of Ownership Car Document Entail ? by Benez: 8:51am On Oct 23, 2011
try as much as possible to call dis woman am giving her number to u nw she helped me to effect my own within one week and she is a nairalander that work in a licencing office. congrat and best of luck. 08030683994

2 Likes

Re: What does Transfer of Ownership Car Document Entail ? by picaso2012: 7:31pm On Jul 22, 2012
a friend bought a used car which papers were expired, he didnt sign an agreement with the seller, the seller just told him to get a new proof of ownership and the friend confirmed from the car licensing office the car isnt listed as stolen is this enough agreement that the deal is legitimate?

1 Like

Re: What does Transfer of Ownership Car Document Entail ? by ofemigeorge(m): 8:36am On Nov 11, 2018
Aks:
@ Samueloo---- the detailed documents are absolutely right

The sample letter can be like this

CAR SALE AGREEMENT

This agreement is made between one Mr XXXXXXXXXXXXX, Male, of house no. 7 XXXXXXXXXXXXXStreet, Lagos, herein after referred to as the seller and one Mr. Jackson Male, of Osborne Foreshore Phase 1, Ikoyi, Lagos, herein after referred to as the buyer today Saturday, July 29, 2011.
Whereas the buyer has inspected a Honda Matrix 2003 model with registration number EZ1992LND at my office premise, Lagos and has found the car not objectionable.
The car’s chassis number is JHMCG1234564869 and its’ engine number is F25k6662187. The seller has agreed to sell the car for a purchase price of =N=650,000(six hundred and fifty thousand naira) only and to relinquish all titles/claims to the car.
The buyer has agreed to pay the above purchase consideration in exchange for the car.
To this agreement, the under signed persons have set their hands to ratify today

, ,
Mr Ade ollm (Seller) Mr. Ifesinachi Okoye (Buyer)

, ,
Mrs. Ndom Oke(Witness) Mrs. Ify Imi(Witness)

Pls is this the same as car purchase receipts which also has the information Of the car,the amount sold and othose involved as you wrote except the other sentences?

(1) (Reply)

My People, Does AC Affect Fuel Consumption Of A Car? / Car Thieves Gone Digital! / See What A Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses As Its Fuel Tank (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.