Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,344 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

GEJ Commissions Uquo Gas Plant And Lays Foundation For Quantum Petrochemical - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Commissions Uquo Gas Plant And Lays Foundation For Quantum Petrochemical (2358 Views)

Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo / GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna / GEJ Commissions Almajiri Model School In Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Commissions Uquo Gas Plant And Lays Foundation For Quantum Petrochemical by ujoinme: 5:01pm On Aug 14, 2014
PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan, on Thursday, flagged off the implementation of the $1.5billion (about N260billion) Quantum Petrochemical Complex in Ibeno, Akwa Ibom State.

The state-of-the-art facility will produce a range of petrochemicals including polyethylene, polypropylene and methanol.

He also commissioned the Uquo Gas Processing Facility built by Seven Energy and operated by Frontier Oil Limited, an indigenous company.

Speaking moments after unveiling the plaque of the petrochemical project, Jonathan observed that the plant is a major investment which will create jobs and and rob off on other industries in the country.

He praised the chairman of the Board of the company, Mr. Jim Ovia, for his commitment to the development of the nation, saying, "you have decided to bring the money back home."

Jonathan, who described Ovia as "one of those making Nigerians proud," similarly thanked the owners of the land upon which the plant is being built as well a the Ibeno community for ensuring its security.

In his remarks, Governor Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State, pointed out that the owner of the plant decided on his own accord to site it in the state without being lobbied.

He lauded the President for personally coming to perform the groundbreaking ceremony, thus providing it with Presidential Seal of approval.

"Mr. President, you said nothing can stop you, not even ebola, to be personally present to put the Presidential seal of approval on the project," the governor remarked.

Speaking earlier, Ovia disclosed that the project is being executed at the cost of $1.5billion.

He noted the importance of the project because of the derivatives it will produce which are necessary to produce other essential goods in the country.

Ovia said: "The importance of developing capacity within the petrochems industry should not be underestimated. Petrochemicals provide the foundation for manufacturing industries; for example, construction, packaging, pharmaceuticals, agriculture, textiles, etc.

"Petrochemicals are vital to our everyday life: the plastic bottles that allow us to drink sanitary water, the clothes that we wear, the fertilisers that we use to grow crops, the tires on our cars that brought us here today, the shovel that we use to break the ground, the cosmetics that ladies among us applied today, the pharmaceuticals we take everyday to enjoy a healthy life; all are derivatives of petrochemicals of some form.

"This petrochemical park will enable a whole host of local industries to sprout and flourish: providing significant employment opportunities for Nigerians."

Ovia commended the President for his presence at the occasion, describing as a demonstration of his support of the transformation of all sectors of the country.
http://tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/13401-jonathan-flags-off-n240bn-petrochemical-complex

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Commissions Uquo Gas Plant And Lays Foundation For Quantum Petrochemical by ujoinme: 12:11am On Aug 15, 2014
images of the $600million 200million cfg capacity gas processing plant commissioned by mr president today at Uquo Esit Eket.

6 Likes

Re: GEJ Commissions Uquo Gas Plant And Lays Foundation For Quantum Petrochemical by ujoinme: 12:12am On Aug 15, 2014
more pic of the gas processing plant

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Commissions Uquo Gas Plant And Lays Foundation For Quantum Petrochemical by ujoinme: 12:17am On Aug 15, 2014
Pictures of the foundation laying ceremony of the quantum petrochemical and methanol plant at ibeno today by Mr president flanked by the promoter Mr Jim Ovia and the minister of pertroleum resources mrs allison madueke and gov. Akpabio looks on

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Commissions Uquo Gas Plant And Lays Foundation For Quantum Petrochemical by jazzydee: 12:36am On Aug 15, 2014
this is really good, Akpabio is a great governor. he built good infrastructures in his state now industries are attracted to invest. This is a dividend of sound development strategy. Kudos to Akwa Ibom people for selecting a good governor.

6 Likes

Re: GEJ Commissions Uquo Gas Plant And Lays Foundation For Quantum Petrochemical by jieta: 12:57am On Aug 15, 2014
and somebody will say don't vote for GEJ, if i dont vote for him who would i vote for.

9 Likes

Re: GEJ Commissions Uquo Gas Plant And Lays Foundation For Quantum Petrochemical by Shine1177: 1:42am On Aug 15, 2014
good job!
Re: GEJ Commissions Uquo Gas Plant And Lays Foundation For Quantum Petrochemical by uch12(f): 2:19am On Aug 15, 2014
Uncle jona + Akpabio = uncommon transformation..
Uncle Jona till infinity, no b sample fins!!!

7 Likes

Re: GEJ Commissions Uquo Gas Plant And Lays Foundation For Quantum Petrochemical by rozayx5(m): 9:30am On Aug 15, 2014
Good news

Seun and ngwakwe tis deserves front page though

1 Like

Re: GEJ Commissions Uquo Gas Plant And Lays Foundation For Quantum Petrochemical by ujoinme: 2:37pm On Aug 15, 2014
rozayx5: Good news

no its unsourced / rumor of commissioning of the yet to be completed Akwa Ibom State Stadium that will make front page. the Mods are sleeping on the job.

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Commissions Uquo Gas Plant And Lays Foundation For Quantum Petrochemical by jazzydee: 2:40pm On Aug 15, 2014
this is front page material mods take note

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Commissions Uquo Gas Plant And Lays Foundation For Quantum Petrochemical by larride(m): 2:45pm On Aug 15, 2014
Good News!!! This is the kind of news i want to hear regularly, development happening from South West to South East to South South to North and other part of the country. It is time to put aside partisan politics and build the nation together.

#Team National Development

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Commissions Uquo Gas Plant And Lays Foundation For Quantum Petrochemical by rozayx5(m): 3:03pm On Aug 15, 2014
Just a seaport and this, Akwa ibom will explode with industries smiley

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Commissions Uquo Gas Plant And Lays Foundation For Quantum Petrochemical by Faun(m): 3:04pm On Aug 15, 2014
Damn! If a common stadium could give some coneheads trouble yesterday; I'm sure, with this latest news, otapiapia manufacturers are going to record a spike in patronage today! grin

7 Likes

Re: GEJ Commissions Uquo Gas Plant And Lays Foundation For Quantum Petrochemical by iiichidodo: 3:19pm On Aug 15, 2014
Will this elevate Akwa-Ibom into a greater Lagos east of the Niger?? A Deep water Seaport and an International Airport should send her on her way...

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Commissions Uquo Gas Plant And Lays Foundation For Quantum Petrochemical by BishopMagic: 3:26pm On Aug 15, 2014
Osunnites will be having a massive cringe fest
Re: GEJ Commissions Uquo Gas Plant And Lays Foundation For Quantum Petrochemical by rozayx5(m): 4:34pm On Aug 15, 2014
Faun: Damn! If a common stadium could give some coneheads trouble yesterday; I'm sure, with this latest news, otapiapia manufacturers are going to record a spike in patronage today! grin

well the mods dont want to take it to frontpage so as to reduce the suicide rate grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: GEJ Commissions Uquo Gas Plant And Lays Foundation For Quantum Petrochemical by poiZon: 6:43pm On Aug 15, 2014
i wish i am one of the advisers of the gov'r, would ve made him see what a seaport will do to the state. also we hv good limestone deposit at ikono, why not invite dangote to come in n do what he knws hw to do best. INVEST. GOD BLESS MY STATE,, AKWAIBOM AYA ADO OK. WE are gettng thr soonest

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Commissions Uquo Gas Plant And Lays Foundation For Quantum Petrochemical by Goddex: 7:58pm On Aug 15, 2014
ujoinme: no its unsourced / rumor of commissioning of the yet to be completed Akwa Ibom State Stadium that will make front page. the Mods are sleeping on the job.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Commissions Uquo Gas Plant And Lays Foundation For Quantum Petrochemical by rozayx5(m): 9:16pm On Aug 15, 2014
poiZon: i wish i am one of the advisers of the gov'r, would ve made him see what a seaport will do to the state. also we hv good limestone deposit at ikono, why not invite dangote to come in n do what he knws hw to do best. INVEST. GOD BLESS MY STATE,, AKWAIBOM AYA ADO OK. WE are gettng thr soonest
Re: GEJ Commissions Uquo Gas Plant And Lays Foundation For Quantum Petrochemical by Descartes: 9:44pm On Aug 15, 2014
Faun: Damn! If a common stadium could give some coneheads trouble yesterday; I'm sure, with this latest news, otapiapia manufacturers are going to record a spike in patronage today! grin
Nna i ga-egbu mmadu o o, as in Awo-special grin grin cheesy
Re: GEJ Commissions Uquo Gas Plant And Lays Foundation For Quantum Petrochemical by Itoroetti(m): 10:08pm On Aug 15, 2014
jieta: and somebody will say don't vote for GEJ, if i dont vote for him who would i vote for.

dont mind them.
Goodluck has really changed the face of nigeria economic alongside some able lieutenant such as iweala,aganga,etc.
Good is the man
Re: GEJ Commissions Uquo Gas Plant And Lays Foundation For Quantum Petrochemical by Itoroetti(m): 10:16pm On Aug 15, 2014
poiZon: i wish i am one of the advisers of the gov'r, would ve made him see what a seaport will do to the state. also we hv good limestone deposit at ikono, why not invite dangote to come in n do what he knws hw to do best. INVEST. GOD BLESS MY STATE,, AKWAIBOM AYA ADO OK. WE are gettng thr soonest

the seaport is moving at a snail speed because investors have refused to partner with the state/FG ,that is just d problem.akpabio knows the benefit of the seaport that is even why he ventured into it.
i wished we had used the money for the stadium and airport to developed this seaport,by now ships would have been arriving there,chai! imagine job.
as for ikono and limestone,the limestone maynot be in commercial quantity enough to attract ibeto n dangote but lets see how it goes.i love ya idea.

akwa ibom ye nigeria ado ok
Re: GEJ Commissions Uquo Gas Plant And Lays Foundation For Quantum Petrochemical by rozayx5(m): 9:21pm On Aug 17, 2014
rozayx5: Good news

(1) (Reply)

$9.3m Scandal:Who is Eyal Mesika Israeli Who Accomanpanied The Two Nigerians? / Reject Buhari! Zamfara Youths Raise Their Voices! We Will Vote Pdp / Disappearing Hausa Men .... Lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.