Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

President Jonathan's Promise Of Free & Fair Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's Promise Of Free & Fair Elections (390 Views)

My Tenure In Office Will End 29 May- Jonathan Promise That Has Many Meaning / Jonathan's Promise Fulfilled As Historic International Flight Lands In Enugu / Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

President Jonathan's Promise Of Free & Fair Elections by OlusolaWarrior: 5:24pm On Aug 14, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan made series of statements at the Interfaith Conference held in Abuja yesterday (August 13, 2014), reiterating to ensure credible electoral process in Nigeria. Frankly, the president has been able to beat his chest in this regard. I think it's OK for we Nigerians to keep challenging our leaders to deliver the dividends of democracy to us; after all, they are our servants and are merely elected to serve our interests and not their own personal interests. Some success has been recorded in the transportation sector by this present administration (federal roads and rail). We NEED to ask that they should ensure quality supply of electricity as well and security of lives and property. While Nigerians understand that the president cannot do it all alone, which is the reason we have governors, LG chairmen, councillors, etc, we also understand that he is doing his job in the area of ensuring a system that guarantees that people's votes count. Even though this is part of his obligations as the head of state, we should continue to encourage and challenge him to do more in this area and other areas so that those coming after him would try to better his achievements. Below (in quotes) are some of the statements President Jonathan made at yesterday's Interfaith Conference in Abuja. Can we count on the president to improve?

"I once again assure Nigerians and the international community that the 2015 elections will come and go, and Nigeria will be stronger."
"The Nigerians I know and interact with everyday are only asking for one thing in the elections; transparency, and I have promised them.
"They want to vote and they want their votes to count; they don't want to be molested, they don't want ballot boxes to be hijacked by criminals.
"If they are convinced that the process is free, fair and credible, they have no reason to be angry; nobody can fight against one man, one vote, one woman one vote, one youth one vote and government will make sure that Nigerians are not killed during and after elections."

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

What Valuable Lesson As LIFE Thought You So Far-nairalanders? / CONFAB: Deliberations’ll Be Utilised To Settle Nigeria’s Problems- Sambo / Mimiko Dumps LP, Joins PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.