Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Six Gunmen Attacked Reverend Father Ejike Mbaka - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Six Gunmen Attacked Reverend Father Ejike Mbaka (38278 Views)

Corper Attacked In Rivers Rerun Election In Hospital Before His Death / We Have Killed Many Innocent People In Lagos: Confess Gunmen (pic) / Gunmen Attacked The Calabar Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Gunmen Attacked Reverend Father Ejike Mbaka by grailife(m): 7:40am On Jul 23, 2006
Nnamani Is Behind Armed Attack On Me – Mbaka

Fiery Catholic Priest, Reverend Father Ejike Mbaka has accused the Enugu State Governor, Chimaroke Nnamani of sponsoring the recent armed attack on him in the city.

16th May
By Anene Ugoani,Correspondent, Enugu.

He told a news conference at the weekend in his residence at the Christ the King Parish, Ekulu, GRA, Enugu, that Nnamani has for a long time been making efforts to get him killed.

Said he: "No one is in doubt that the governor has been pursuing me. He is the principal suspect in the latest attempt to assassinate me. God miraculously delivered me. I called on Jesus and His mother to provide angels for me. The number of bullets the six armed men fired at me can fill one polythene bag.

"This miraculous escape should be a message to the Enugu State government that darkness can never prevail over light. Whoever is digging a grave for me, will fall into the grave himself. The Holy Bible on the dash board of the vehicle trapped the bullets fired at me. There is power in the Bible. If you don’t have a Bible, go now and buy one".

Contacted, Commissioner for Information, Enugu State, Mr. Igbonekwu Ogazimorah said the police verdict on the incident was explicit, having described it as a robbery attack.

He said there was no motivation or gain for the governor or the state government to attack or sponsor same against Mbaka as the government was too busy pursuing people-oriented programmes.

Six gunmen attacked Mbaka in the early hours of May 9 on Park Avenue as he was driving home from the residence of the Bishop of Enugu Catholic Diocese, Rt. Rev. Anthony Gbuji.

Mbaka and three young orphans in the Mitsubishi Jeep with registration No. KP461-KJA, escaped unhurt but the front and rear windshields of the vehicle were badly shattered with bullets.

At the news conference, the priest flayed the Enugu State Commissioner of Police (CP), Charles Dawodu, for telling reporters that he was attacked by armed robbers.

He said: "It was an assassination attempt, not armed robbery. The armed men first confirmed that I am Fr. Mbaka before they started to shoot at me. I had between N50,000 and N60,000 in the car. Nobody touched it. The GSM handset in my pocket was left intact. They never searched me. I keep wondering why the Commissioner of Police lied to reporters that I was attacked by armed robbers."
Re: Six Gunmen Attacked Reverend Father Ejike Mbaka by kmarvey: 7:54pm On Jun 07, 2009
FROM WHICH SIDE IT CAME FROM, PLS REMEMBER WHAT THE HOLY BIBLE SAID.
"TOUCH NOT MY ANNOINTED AND DO MY PROPHET NO HARM" THIS IS THE WORD
FROM THE LORD. THOSE DAT HAVE EAR SHOULD HEAR.

1 Like

Re: Six Gunmen Attacked Reverend Father Ejike Mbaka by mamagee3(f): 6:56pm On Jun 17, 2009
This is evil shocked shocked
Re: Six Gunmen Attacked Reverend Father Ejike Mbaka by liznne: 12:27pm On Oct 16, 2010
they want to assassinate him. My point is that they were sent to kill him and not to rob him. The point is clear.
But they should bear in mind what the bible said "Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm" .
Re: Six Gunmen Attacked Reverend Father Ejike Mbaka by longevity1(m): 12:29pm On Jun 11, 2011
God is above all mysteries,the truth shall be unveiled

1 Like

Re: Six Gunmen Attacked Reverend Father Ejike Mbaka by snowdrops(m): 4:44pm On Jun 11, 2011
This incident happened in 2006. i wonder why people had to bring up this thread.
Re: Six Gunmen Attacked Reverend Father Ejike Mbaka by 9dynasty(m): 3:42pm On Jun 13, 2011
snowdrops:

This incident happened in 2006. i wonder why people had to bring up this thread.
the same reason you read novels or books written over 20 years back, Gracia

2 Likes

Re: Six Gunmen Attacked Reverend Father Ejike Mbaka by snowdrops(m): 3:47pm On Jun 13, 2011
so reading a novel is the same as any thread on the internet.
Re: Six Gunmen Attacked Reverend Father Ejike Mbaka by Swtclemz(m): 2:16pm On Aug 29, 2012
so nice to read my dad's write-ups!!! missing him much cry
Re: Six Gunmen Attacked Reverend Father Ejike Mbaka by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 11, 2018
We here

(1) (Reply)

2 Men Arrested For Beheading Their Brother In Akwa Ibom Over Land (Graphic Pics) / Kidnapped Abuja Lady Found Unconscious Under A Bridge / 14-Year-Old Girl Arrested Over Murder Of FUT Minna Lecturer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.