Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,519 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Top Five Universities In The South East - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top Five Universities In The South East (30291 Views)

Which Are The Best Five Universities In Southeast? / Best Five Universities In Nigeria To Study Biochemistry As A Course. / Which Are The First Five Universities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Five Universities In The South East by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 14, 2014
I have visited most universities in the south east geopolitical zone and from what i saw in the various universities in terms of infastructure,i came up with the list of the top five............
(1)UNIZIK
(2)UNN
(3)ESUT
(4)EBSU
(5)MOUAU
Note: nah for my mind o......

5 Likes

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by o42austino(m): 6:09pm On Aug 14, 2014
d Giant(Unizik)

5 Likes

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by acume: 6:14pm On Aug 14, 2014
Where is almighty FUTO?

3 Likes

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 14, 2014
acume: Where is almighty FUTO?
if nah top 6,then futo might be the 6th buh.....
Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by mrking3(m): 6:53pm On Aug 14, 2014
After UNN and FUTO, I think ABSU still have better structures than the rest schools apart from ESUTH which is newly built. Post pictures here to back up your point. We are now in a photo age.

3 Likes

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 14, 2014
mrking3: After UNN and FUTO, I think ABSU still have better structures than the rest schools apart from ESUTH which is newly built. Post pictures here to back up your point. We are now in a photo age.
FUTO?
LOL my pal there took a photo of their lecture hall.

You should see that shiiit.
*pukes*

1 Like

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 14, 2014
mrking3: After UNN and FUTO, I think ABSU still have better structures than the rest schools apart from ESUTH which is newly built. Post pictures here to back up your point. We are now in a photo age.
is it the abia state university,uturu that i have been to?
Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by jagaban1: 7:52pm On Aug 14, 2014
NONE OF THOSE UNIVERSITIES CAN COMPETE WITH UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH WEST

3 Likes

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 14, 2014
jagaban1: NONE OF THOSE UNIVERSITIES CAN COMPETE WITH UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH WEST
list the ones you guys have over there that can compete with the above.

5 Likes

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by jagaban1: 8:19pm On Aug 14, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: list the ones you guys have over there that can compete with the above.

YOU KNOW THOSE UNIVERSITIES NO NEED TO LIST.

1 Like

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 14, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: list the ones you guys have over there that can compete with the above.
Uni of ibadan, unilag, OAU, LASU, Lautech, FUTA, COvenant, Bells, bowen, lead city etc check their position in the latest NUC rankings to know better.

2 Likes

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 14, 2014
TribalEAST: Uni of ibadan, unilag, OAU, LASU, Lautech, FUTA, COvenant, Bells, bowen, lead city etc check their position in the latest NUC rankings to know better.
convenant? Bells? Bowen? Lead city? Lol....... Only u.i and unilag can even compete with the no.3 on my list.

10 Likes

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by mrking3(m): 9:04pm On Aug 14, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: is it the abia state university,uturu that i have been to?
I wouldn't know if you've been to Absu bro! But all I'm saying is that the school has some good structures built by ISRAELIST! .. Check out the old structures at Environmentals, Admin Block, Cafe, Faculty Of Humanities and Social sciences, Business Block, School Auditorioum, Library Complex, Relaxation Center, Lecture East and West Blocks, Hostel A, B and C, walk ways made with imported sea stones from Israel and most importantly, the water falls on top of the mountain!! That school is just richly blessed with serene environment to study and with beautiful land Scaping . .. The old structures have very wonderful interior designs. The only issue I have with the school management is lack of maintenance culture. Although the Recent buildings looks very much substandard compared to the Old one coz they were built by ETF and Direct Labour. Unlike the Old ones that were built by Israelis!! I've been to all these schools you mentioned even its just lately that UNN started erecting good structures! The only edifice UNN had back then was JIMBAX BUILDING and the twin ART BUILDING! All other buildings are more of old bungalows! There senate building as at 2005 was piece of crap! thankfully, that GINGANTIC Library has been duly completed! Among the premier universities, I think UNN used to have the worst structures until they held the NUGA games recently. The only thing about the school is just that it has good road network and relatively friendly environment like ABSU. Ordinarily, ABSU was supposed to be a federal school but the state declined and turned down the offer from Federal govt before they considered MOUA which was formally school of agriculture before it was converted to full fledge university! EBSU is no where close to ABSU bro! Don't even know what you were thinking exactly to have placed EBSU before Absu in terms of structure? I haven't been to FUTO so would be wrong to make a hasty judgement about the school. But most of their students do say the school structure is nothing to right home about. Also I haven't been to UNIZIK before but I've only seen the school main gate once! Wasn't impressed with what I saw though!

8 Likes

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by Brimmie(m): 9:06pm On Aug 14, 2014
Omo FUTA! Jor o! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by IGBOSON1: 9:08pm On Aug 14, 2014
TribalEAST: Uni of ibadan, unilag, OAU, LASU, Lautech, FUTA, COvenant, Bells, bowen, lead city etc check their position in the latest NUC rankings to know better.

^^^Never one to shy away from a dic'k measuring contest.....tribaleast quickly dives into the fray and readily obliges!

4 Likes

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by mitshell: 9:13pm On Aug 14, 2014
[quote author=Kasynpaulsyn1997] convenant? Bells? Bowen? Lead city? Lol....... Only u.i and unilag can even compete with the no.3 on my list.[/quote I know oau can't be on your list after you failed their post ume. Lmao!!

1 Like

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 14, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: convenant? Bells? Bowen? Lead city? Lol....... Only u.i and unilag can even compete with the no.3 on my list.
you must be sttupid. Kindly check NUC list of best universities to see that 3 of those universities are in top 5 with UI being no.1. Southeast universities are only seen after top 10.

3 Likes

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 14, 2014
TribalEAST: you must be sttupid. Kindly check NUC list of best universities to see that 3 of those universities are in top 5 with UI being no.1. Southeast universities are only seen after top 10.
i'm not talking about the biased Nuc ranking but from what i have seen with my eyes (in terms of infastructures)
Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by LordMecuzy(m): 9:24pm On Aug 14, 2014
cool
Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 14, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: i'm not talking about the biased Nuc ranking but from what i have seen with my eyes (in terms of infastructures)
so an inconsequential dummy like you knows more than the whole body called NUC? MUGU

1 Like

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 14, 2014
LordMecuzy: Wey Anambra State University, Uli na

My Alma Mater Accounting set 2004----2008
ANSU? The school is damn shit,at the bottom of the list of universities in the south east.
Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 14, 2014
TribalEAST: so an inconsequential dummy like you knows more than the whole body called NUC? MUGU
whatever,smartie!
Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 14, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: ANSU? The school is damn shit,at the bottom of the list of universities in the south east.
grin yuck grin yuck grin yuck grin

1 Like

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by Odoemacyril(m): 9:33pm On Aug 14, 2014
acume: Where is almighty FUTO?
. him Neva start
Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 14, 2014
Odoemacyril: . him Neva start
i would have placed futo on the 5th buh what i saw in mouau impressed me....
Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by suwailad(f): 9:50pm On Aug 14, 2014
You mean Top Five Cult Infested Universities in the South East

Kasynpaulsyn1997: I have visited most universities in the south east geopolitical zone and from what i saw in the various universities in terms of infastructure,i came up with the list of the top five............
(1)UNIZIK
(2)UNN
(3)ESUT
(4)EBSU
(5)MOUAU
Note: nah for my mind o......

1 Like

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 14, 2014
suwailad: You mean Top Five Cult Infested Universities in the South East

cult? Come again pls......
Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by mrking3(m): 10:07pm On Aug 14, 2014
@OP! Waited for your response but seems you actually gave in!!! Well, as a matter of fact, I had to dig up some old pictures just to drive home my point!! Next time back your points with pics! We are now in photo age!! None of those schools beat ABSU with structures! Apart from UNN and probably FUTO! Couldn't find the Lecture Halls Pics ... And I didn't even include the new structures recently erected!! those pics are as far back as 2005 ...

2 Likes

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 14, 2014
Umu Ada Igbo Mara Mma...

If you visit these schools and see damsels, eeh.

Make I shut up...

2 Likes

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by Koolmexxi(m): 10:52pm On Aug 14, 2014
Some ppl like wahala sha..... OP innocently gave u a list he made up based on his judgment of skools in South East and some ofe mmanu pesins don dey tribalize d thread... Why not create ur own thread and do ur own ranking for Pete's sake.

1 Like

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by cjrane: 12:47am On Aug 15, 2014
mrking3: @OP! Waited for your response but seems you actually gave in!!! Well, as a matter of fact, I had to dig up some old pictures just to drive home my point!! Next time back your points with pics! We are now in photo age!! None of those schools beat ABSU with structures! Apart from UNN and probably FUTO! Couldn't find the Lecture Halls Pics ... And I didn't even include the new structures recently erected!! those pics are as far back as 2005 ...

No doubt, Abia State University is the best purpose built university in the Southeast that resembles a higher institution one finds in advanced countries such as USA. Unfortunately, subsequent Imo governors and now Abia governors have been unable to improve on the architectural masterpiece Chief Sam Onunaka Mbakwe left for posterity. If there were an Igbo awolowo in terms of investment in education, it is clearly Dee Sam Mabakwe.
ESUT would have been the next best university if they stuck to it's beautiful master plan. The syndrome of building cheap mushroom structures is gradually creeping in, distorting the original master plan.

UNN has lots of heavy old structures, but it is still a beautiful school. UNZIK, is good academically, but still needs to develop it's permanent site orderly rather than the current piecemeal approach, one building per year. In order to match it's impressive academic prowess with a befitting, wonderful university campus environment. Adopting the pattern used in Abia state university, where pine and palm trees were used to completely transform the campus to resemble what one finds abroad will do a lot to catapult UNIZIK to among st the world's most prestigious schools.
FUTO and Umudike are just there, but they are very good academically. EBSU ,ANSU and IMSU need to focus on creating a beautiful master plan for their permanent sites.They hold a lot of promise if they have visionary leaders focused on creating world class universities rather than more of the usual mushroom structures they like to call "temporary" scattered haphazardly across the university campus landscape.
At least Peter Obi gave a whopping N5 billion naira to ANSU for their permanent site at Igbariam, that should enable a visionary Vice Chancellor adequate funds to implement a beautiful master-plan for a world class institution. Hopefully, the ANSU V.C will pay attention to providing a truly conducive university environment by grassing open spaces and generously using trees and flowers all over the campus such as in ABSU shown below.

1 Like

Re: Top Five Universities In The South East by IGBOSON1: 1:11am On Aug 15, 2014
I'm impressed with the little i've seen of Abia University! ESUT needs to up their game in terms of landscaping......they should borrow a leaf from Abia Uni by greening up and properly demarcating their open spaces! Check the Enugu thread for what i mean!

And the structures look solid too! If T.A Orji is responsible for this, then i guess he's not so bad after all!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abu Zaria Remedial Screening Date Is Out (sbrs) / JAMB Registration Begins: List Of CBT Centres For 2017 Registration/guidelines / Professor's Wife Bags Ph.d In Mathematics, Son Bags Degree In Engineering. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.