Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

The end of Ebola in Nigeria- Sero - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The end of Ebola in Nigeria- Sero (792 Views)

The Begining Of The End Of Bola Tinubu / Why Is No One Talking More About Ebola In Nigeria? / Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The end of Ebola in Nigeria- Sero by trully101: 5:52pm On Aug 14, 2014
So its time to stop heaping insults on the late Patrick Sawyer that brought this plague to our dear country Nigeria. Some of us will always believe that this was a deliberate act of wickedness. An opinion made stronger by reports from the media about the sloppy defence Sawyers Widow provided. I dont want to go into that, not to mention the Liberian Government official that cleared the man to travel.

Apparently God loves Nigeria so much and that is why he gave us a golden opportunity to stop the spread of this virus from the onset. Unlike the other three West African Countries where the original source can only be assumed or speculated God showed us very clearly how the virus made its way into our country. One can only imagine the way things would have been if Mr Patrick did not slump at the airport. How terrible would it have been if he made the trip to Calabar for the Ecowas Summit? Now i assume that the moment it was established that Mr Patrick was down with Ebola which thankfully did not take more than two days, everybody that had contact with him should have been kept in holding, and am not talking about the socalled government quarantine where a person under quarantine or whatever they call it can travel out of Lagos to Enugu. Am talking about a holding under very condusive conditions but with strict restriction of movement afterall the Lagos State laws empowers the ministry of health to detain anybody that is deemed a health risk to the general public.

On the way forward, its my understanding that the number of persons under observation right now; both primary and secondary contacts have risen to about 200 both in Lagos and Enugu. I dont think its right for us to just fold our hands and watch this number increase daily. Am happy that the Federal Government already released #1.9B to tackle this problem and am sure they will be willing to release more if neccesary. Here are actions i believe the government can take;

Step 1
Let the Lagos State Government in conjunction with the Federal Government discuss with Hotel Owners in Lagos to use their hotels as holding places for this people under observation. Ordinarily the Hotel owners should make sacrifices but in my country i know this will not happen so they should be giving very good offers for use of their hotels as holding premises and these hotels do not neccesarily need to be very expensive hotels but they should be very comfortable. Nobody likes to be treated badly.

Step 2
Next should be a Stakeholders meeting between Government/Hotel Owners and everybody under observation to sensitize them about the government's plan and to allay their fears. To make them as comfortable as possible with this arrangement. Those who had contact wether primary or secondary did not do anything wrong, they only provided medical care or had some contact in one way or the other hence are not outcasts but we are only hoping to do whats best for the country.

Step 3
All people under observation(about 200) should be brought into these hotels, giving the best hotel services possible. Each person to his own hotel room to avoid duplicating virus contact. Since it takes a maximum of 3 weeks before symptoms start to manifest. We can prepare for one month to be double sure, after which period everyone will know their fate. If anyone thinks this will be too financially tasking for the government let them cast their minds to the National Conference.

Step 4
These people will be making sacrifices for the overall well being of the general public so the Government has to encourage them by ensuring that no one is victimized in their place of work, School etc. Call it compulsory leave from work or school whatever as long as those who come back can resume their normal lives without victimization. They can be further encouraged by being directly under the Federal Governments pay list for this one month.

If a person in holding becomes symptomatic, from what i have heard the Lagos State Government can handle the situation.

Am afriad if this is not done.....we will only be leaving ourselves at the mercy of this merciless virus. This can become catastrophic because of our large population..

Sero is a concerned Nigerian.
Re: The end of Ebola in Nigeria- Sero by bbello28(m): 5:54pm On Aug 14, 2014
Re: The end of Ebola in Nigeria- Sero by lomprico(m): 6:41pm On Aug 14, 2014
Why dint God take the disease straight to the US were they have cure??

1 Like

Re: The end of Ebola in Nigeria- Sero by richeso: 8:15pm On Aug 14, 2014
@trully101,

I might not know you in real life and i might not be pastor but this is what i have for you
after reading your post, i was deeply convinced we still have NIGERIANS with their brains intact.

You shall find Peace were ever you find it.
Success, Divine favor, Unending Blessings and Grace shall be your portion.
your Generation shall be blessed. whatever they seek they shall find. whatsoever they ask shall be given to them.

Please keep up the good act.

I hope other Nigerians can learn from you like i do.

THANKS BRO.
Re: The end of Ebola in Nigeria- Sero by trully101: 9:41pm On Aug 14, 2014
richeso: @trully101,

I might not know you in real life and i might not be pastor but this is what i have for you
after reading your post, i was deeply convinced we still have NIGERIANS with their brains intact.

You shall find Peace were ever you find it.
Success, Divine favor, Unending Blessings and Grace shall be your portion.
your Generation shall be blessed. whatever they seek they shall find. whatsoever they ask shall be given to them.

Please keep up the good act.

I hope other Nigerians can learn from you like i do.

THANKS BRO.

Thank you so much, your comment is highly appreciated and your prayers needed. As a matter of fact we all need prayers right now. I do not know how contributions make it to the front page but i can only hope that the moderators of this forum see this as a useful peice of information.
Re: The end of Ebola in Nigeria- Sero by NLEFCC(m): 10:38am On Aug 15, 2014
They will rather steal all the money and treat people in isolation centers like birds.

(1) (Reply)

Israel-Hamas Sign Long Term Ceasefire. Gaza Blockade To Be Eased. / Rivers APC Lambasts Pro-jonathan Group Over Port Harcourt Rally / President Goodluck Jonathan Set To Marry Second Wife Ahead Of 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.