Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,928 members, 7,810,580 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

NMA Response To The F.G Directive - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NMA Response To The F.G Directive (2384 Views)

NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! / Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee / Safe Home Remedies For Yellow Teeth#dentist Directive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NMA Response To The F.G Directive by dBard: 7:08pm On Aug 14, 2014
Confirmed now that the FGN has released a lettrer to the ministry of
health directing it to
Suspend d residency programme
CMDs to sack all resident with 1 month salary in lieu
Board to ensure hospital runs with locus medical officers renewable 6monthly
Consultants are left out
Divide and RULE
Casual ideation of medical profession

Way forward
1. EDM immediately
2. NMA directs MDCAN to embark on strike over unconstitutional sack of
our students and stoppage of specialization in the nation.( the court
case in question do not affect these matter)
3. NMA direct MDCN to withdraw training of medical students
4. NMA directs all doctors not to pick up any locus job and enforce it
via picketing
5. Any CMD that enforces the sack is black listed
6. Group practice to Cather for our needs to be set up

Callistus Enyuma
Re: NMA Response To The F.G Directive by dBard: 7:09pm On Aug 14, 2014
..game on.
Re: NMA Response To The F.G Directive by FlyTee(m): 7:20pm On Aug 14, 2014
unbelievable, how authentic is this news please?
Re: NMA Response To The F.G Directive by dotuna3(m): 7:51pm On Aug 14, 2014
Now d real show

*spread mat*

It must certainly end well angry
Re: NMA Response To The F.G Directive by theplanmaker: 8:01pm On Aug 14, 2014
It's only going to get messy
Re: NMA Response To The F.G Directive by dBard: 8:20pm On Aug 14, 2014
info coming from d Edm..messages bin sent t all Drs concerned.

@theplanmaker.. I agree. Now d real trench war starts.

**following closely**
Re: NMA Response To The F.G Directive by jjwaterfalls(f): 8:23pm On Aug 14, 2014
Hmmmm!!!! Dis is getting interesting cool
Re: NMA Response To The F.G Directive by MrsAwesome: 8:59pm On Aug 14, 2014
Battle line is drawn.
I am afraid of where FG is going with this, It took them 6 weeks to arrive to these decision.
FG is ready to trample on doctors, they did rather appoint foreign doctors than local doctors.
It will shake the health sector but will settle.
Obembe saw these coming and tried to bow out with his tail between his legs intact but NMA won't hear of it.
Since NMA is not a registered trade union, they are going to be sued by FG until they start bleeding from all the natural orifices, I just wish I am wrong.
Re: NMA Response To The F.G Directive by dBard: 9:14pm On Aug 14, 2014
MrsAwesome: Battle line is drawn.
I am afraid of where FG is going with this, It took them 6 weeks to arrive to these decision.
FG is ready to trample on doctors, they did rather appoint foreign doctors than local doctors.
It will shake the health sector but will settle.
Obembe saw these coming and tried to bow out with his tail between his legs intact but NMA won't hear of it.
Since NMA is not a registered trade union, they are going to be sued by FG until they start bleeding from all the natural orifices, I just wish I am wrong.

I don't see it playing out that way.
NMA on behalf of ARD takes d gov't to court. ..
(If) MDCAN n NAGGMD stand their ground n continue d strike, which they by necessity should, d gov't will only get embarrassed@ d end of d day.

This was a Smart altho ultimately a reckless move by d gov't.

**still following**
Re: NMA Response To The F.G Directive by obi4eze(m): 9:18pm On Aug 14, 2014
This film is becoming very interesting. What is the title?
Re: NMA Response To The F.G Directive by duniyazola: 9:25pm On Aug 14, 2014
humm
Re: NMA Response To The F.G Directive by warrior01: 9:26pm On Aug 14, 2014
Can you imagine some useless employees threatening their employer? Wetin eye no dey see. Mtchew... If only they are useful indeed. Useless things
Re: NMA Response To The F.G Directive by MrsAwesome: 9:27pm On Aug 14, 2014
dBard:

I don't see it playing out that way.
NMA on behalf of ARD takes d gov't to court. ..
(If) MDCAN n NAGGMD stand their ground n continue d strike, which they by necessity should, d gov't will only get embarrassed@ d end of d day.

This was a Smart altho ultimately a reckless move by d gov't.

**still following**
You forgot MDCAN was restrained by court not to go on strike until their issues with JOHESU has been resolved. FG is out and there are analysts, attorneys etc that must have plans to counter any move made by NMA. When Okonjo-iweala stated that FG can't print money to pay doctors, that is when I realised all these may result to nothing at the long run.
ONLY 16,000 ARD members, they are a paltry sum compared to JOHESU members. ARD MEMBERS are now a scapegoat for the two elephants.
Re: NMA Response To The F.G Directive by duniyazola: 9:28pm On Aug 14, 2014
following
Re: NMA Response To The F.G Directive by fr3do(m): 9:29pm On Aug 14, 2014
Which way Nigeria?
A divided house cannot stand!
Re: NMA Response To The F.G Directive by dBard: 9:48pm On Aug 14, 2014
MrsAwesome: You forgot MDCAN was restrained by court not to go on strike until their issues with JOHESU has been resolved. FG is out and there are analysts, attorneys etc that must have plans to counter any move made by NMA. When Okonjo-iweala stated that FG can't print money to pay doctors, that is when I realised all these may result to nothing at the long run.
ONLY 16,000 ARD members, they are a paltry sum compared to JOHESU members. ARD MEMBERS are now a scapegoat for the two elephants.

Am aware of d restrictions on MDCAN, but they can rephrase it.. protest, downing of tools, something.
I personally think ARD has a case if they go to court.
The restrictions on MDCAN also, I think, is concerning d JOHESU matter. It won't/shouldn't hold in this situation.
NMA moves are clear tho limited, go to court n shut down totally, all tins pertaining to medicine based on Hippocratic principles
Re: NMA Response To The F.G Directive by joeyemi: 9:51pm On Aug 14, 2014
season2 episode one has just began, make i grab popcorn start to watch.
Re: NMA Response To The F.G Directive by MrsAwesome: 10:09pm On Aug 14, 2014
dBard:

Am aware of d restrictions on MDCAN, but they can rephrase it.. protest, downing of tools, something.
I personally think ARD has a case if they go to court.
The restrictions on MDCAN also, I think, is concerning d JOHESU matter. It won't/shouldn't hold in this situation.
NMA moves are clear tho limited, go to court n shut down totally, all tins pertaining to medicine based on Hippocratic principles
Medicine is being regulated by government through it parastatal MDCN which regulates training of allopathic doctors. ARD members are being trained by government and are paid in the process, now FG is withdrawing themselves from the training program. Unless they have a lawyer that can wriggle them out of these situation then ARD is sunk.
MDCAN protesting the withdrawal of their students from training sounds so pathetic and unNigerian to an average Nigerian ear. And since NMA is not a registered trade union do you think they can sue anybody ?
Re: NMA Response To The F.G Directive by yuttie: 10:21pm On Aug 14, 2014
Doctors are professionals and can never be out of jobs. Remember there is still private practice where doctors charge much more. Who suffers at d end of d day. U, your friends and families.

Bad move Jonathan, bad move!
Re: NMA Response To The F.G Directive by amaham(m): 10:27pm On Aug 14, 2014
wonder the foreign docs that will jump into Ebola infested Nigeria to earn hazard allowee of 5k ., also wonder the foreign country that will accept Ebola infested Nigerian doctors . more of stalemate than checkmate .
Re: NMA Response To The F.G Directive by xanchu: 11:10pm On Aug 14, 2014
Employee fighting employer, FG cannot print money, blA Bla bLa!
We have our hands in deep shit and we rub our faces with them. With more than half of our indigenous/ nigeria-trained doctors working outside the country in other people's land and more than half of the less than half left is facing an illegal sack by the FG. We are here arguing about who'll win the fight. The masses are suffering and Nigeria hold the prestigious 2nd place in maternal & child mortality world wide. With ebola outbreak and an increase in this general mortality. Its an awesome time to leave.
Don't get me wrong, doctors are better taken care of outside this country and they are hardly denied visa and work permit to any country once they pass the licensing exam to practice there. Extra studies for few weeks and they are all out of this country for their good and then what! Mr Jona would treat the sick and Okonjo-iweala would operate on the injured.
Re: NMA Response To The F.G Directive by nwandouche: 4:51pm On Aug 18, 2014
Bad move by Jona,d Idi Amin approach shouldn't have been his best bet.The only result will be a mass drain of doctors from the country,trust me for doctors getting out isn't an uphill task plus better working conditions and more than twice the pay abroad then who suffers?

(1) (Reply)

*symptoms Of Staph Aureus* Do You Experience Some Of These Symptoms? / What The Nails Say About Your Health. / Fertility & Ivf At George's Memorial Medical Centre, Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.