Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

FATIMAH - A Change To My Life - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / FATIMAH - A Change To My Life (11411 Views)

Feeling Stuck? Four Ways To Make A Change In Your Life[must Read] / Must Read! Join The 3real Wheels Movement Free! A Change Can Begin In U! / I Am Making A Video Of This Play, " INSPIRING CHANGE" To Be Posted On Youtube... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FATIMAH - A Change To My Life by bibie01(f): 8:37am On Oct 01, 2014
The story is heating up now, its gettyn interesting but ur updates are too short. Please do something about it.
Thank you.
Re: FATIMAH - A Change To My Life by princesssusan(f): 7:12pm On Oct 05, 2014
Hey just4yhu show urself nah
Re: FATIMAH - A Change To My Life by Just4yhu(f): 2:26pm On Oct 06, 2014
He knocked the door again. Why is no one answering? He wondered. the last knock made Obinna remembered there had been knocks on d door 4 d last minutes. Who could be at the door at his time? He wondered as he went to the door to unlock it. He turned the knob and pulled the door. The door opened and Emmanuel rushed in. He was looking around the hosue terrified as if something bad had happened to him! "Why are you here this late? Why is your expression like this? It's past ten mehn!! He rushed the questions.
Re: FATIMAH - A Change To My Life by Just4yhu(f): 2:34pm On Oct 06, 2014
Fatimah took a glance at the wall clock. What? Its almost eleven o'clock and she has to go home at this time? She is now in a red top and jean, the clothes Obinna had picked for her while packing!
I'm here to spend the night. Mom is away and you know i cant sleep alone in that house. I have been knocking for a long time but no answer and by the way, what's the noise have been hearing? Errmm, mother.... "Nothing you should concern yourself with" Obinna cut Fatimah short 'And am going out now, will you wait?
Re: FATIMAH - A Change To My Life by Just4yhu(f): 2:40pm On Oct 06, 2014
"Where are you going at this time?" 'I've got to take Fatimah home' "why?" "None of your business" "But you cant take me home, your mom is annoyed so you have to stay here, I can find my way home" "Your mom is angry Obi? What is the matter, am in the dark here guys" "No problem, she's just angry this days and she cant ask me not to go out so lets go! He grabbed Fatimah and pulled her towards the door. "Obi, so you are going out hen? You dont care if I'm angry or not? You must not come back to this house!!
Re: FATIMAH - A Change To My Life by Just4yhu(f): 2:46pm On Oct 06, 2014
Mrs Cole was very mad at Obi! How could he think of taking the poor dirty girl home? She had been eavesdropping! She prays he is just been good and not what she is thinking. To be truthful, Fatimah is a good girl. She is respectful and had always carried out her duties gladly just that she dislike the girl and that started when Obinna was scolded because of her and Emmanuel had taken interest in her.
"Obinna, you go to mom, I'll take her" emmanuel offered. "No, she is my responsibility and I must take her!
Re: FATIMAH - A Change To My Life by Just4yhu(f): 2:58pm On Oct 06, 2014
"How is she your responsibility, she is just your housegirl!" "No, she's not just a girl, okay?" He pulled Fatimah towards the door but his father's voice stopped him! He felt dejected. "Okay, you can take her" He dropped the bags and moved to closer to Fatimah. The distance is so little. Fatimah could hear his heart beating! She suddendly feels nervous and started sweating! Obinna pulled her into his arms and hugged her and whispered into her ear! Fatimah shundered at this! She couldnt believe this!!!
Re: FATIMAH - A Change To My Life by Just4yhu(f): 3:09pm On Oct 06, 2014
He freed her and stood aside! Fatimah looked thoroughly at him!! His legs, broad chest, muscular arms, haircut, noise and his red lips! He is so handsome! She blushed at this thought! "We have to go" emmanuel said and took her bags. As she made to walk past Obinna towards the door, Obinna grabbed her, bent her sideway gently and took her lips in his!!! Emmanuel mouth was left ajar with his eyes almost out of their sockets!!! Obinna gently released her. Emmanuel furiously pulled her out and slammed the door!
Re: FATIMAH - A Change To My Life by Fatalveli(m): 3:12pm On Oct 06, 2014
Hey man, do u knw dat u deserve a knock on ur head! Where have u been since all these days ehn
Re: FATIMAH - A Change To My Life by Just4yhu(f): 3:23pm On Oct 06, 2014
Fatalveli:
Hey man, do u knw dat u deserve a knock on ur head! Where have u been since all these days ehn
Am sowi ooo!!! its just that i'v been busy these days + had to attend the workshop
Re: FATIMAH - A Change To My Life by Just4yhu(f): 5:07pm On Oct 07, 2014
Back in the car, silence prevailed as Emmanuel drove Fatimah home. No one was talking and Fatimah is uncomfortable with this. She decided to break the silence. Just then, Emmanuel asked for the direction to the house. She give him and use the opportunity to engage him in a conversation. "So, you're mommy's boy? You can't sleep without your mom? Thats funny o!" 'Not really, just that i cant sleep alone in the whole house" he said looking at her! She smiled at him! "That's why u came over? "Yes"
Re: FATIMAH - A Change To My Life by Just4yhu(f): 5:15pm On Oct 07, 2014
As the car moved on with Fatimah talking, Emmanuel was thinking deeply! "Should I ask her about the incident leading to her exile or I ask her out? No, she won't appreciate my asking her out at this moment" He heavied a deep sigh. "Fatimah, what really happened tonight! Why were you leaving the house so late?" She immediately stop talking! The happenings of the previous hours came back to her The hugs, the kiss!! Oh my God!!! She smiled slowly at the thought of Obinna's feelings, are those true? 'Fatimah?'
Re: FATIMAH - A Change To My Life by Just4yhu(f): 5:25pm On Oct 07, 2014
'What were you thinking?" "Oh noting!" "So what happened?" No, she must never say the truth, Obinna had told her not to tell him "Nothing serious, just that I was supposed to leave in the afternoon but I had some things to do so I had to leave late but Obi offered to drive me so I wasn't exiled, I had stop working for them" she said with her face down "And please drive faster" Emmanuel knew she was hiding something from him! as if he care though! He want her body not solve or share in her problems!!!
Re: FATIMAH - A Change To My Life by Just4yhu(f): 6:13pm On Oct 07, 2014
Ada followed her father into his room!! She had an explanation but her dad had refused to hear her out!! As soon as Mr. Cole sat, she went down on her kneels!! "Dad, let me explain!! "Explain what? Oh, that you had sex when we had a promise or what? He blurted, anger visibly written on his face!! "Am disappointed, how could you have sex after all we discussed about kéeping your virginity? You simply disobeyed me! You promised to wait till the appropriate time!! You are 19 for God sake!!!
Re: FATIMAH - A Change To My Life by Just4yhu(f): 6:22pm On Oct 07, 2014
"Daddy pie, its not what you think" she said sweetly, 'You should know I cant disobey you!! I'm not having sex dad. The condoms you saw where distributed at an awareness program I attended! I cant break our promise." Mr Cole's face lightened up at this, if this is true, then he is very proud of his daughter "Is that true?" "Yes dad, am not a prostitute to use those!" "I'm so sorry baby, I'm sorry i doubted you, I'm so relieved! He lifted her up and hug her "I love you baby." "I love you more dad".
Re: FATIMAH - A Change To My Life by princesssusan(f): 11:06pm On Oct 07, 2014
Hmmm i smell foul play
Re: FATIMAH - A Change To My Life by Just4yhu(f): 11:08am On Oct 11, 2014
Aminat was preparing for shop! She had been using Fatimah's salary as an househelp to build her business and it was booming, just not big enough. since Fatimah had béen sent out from there, she had been helping with the shop!! She trust her daughter, it was all a set-up!!!! "Fatimah, am going to work, and dont be late in coming" "Yes Mom, I just have some chorus to attend to and I'll meet you there" "Oda, just come quickly" she said as she exit the house! The distance wasnt much so soon she's there.
Re: FATIMAH - A Change To My Life by Just4yhu(f): 11:14am On Oct 11, 2014
They both entered the house! It has béen a tiring day! After dinner, Fatimah sat beside her mother with a serious look "What is it with that look, don't ask me for chocolate o, because I won't buy for you". "No mom, i want to talk about my education, I want to further it. Even if just a polythecnic, please". "I know dear, am working towards it and i know the God am worshipping will not let me down. There's nothing he can't do." "Okay mom, i've heard you so i'll retired to bed now". "Odaaro oko mi".
Re: FATIMAH - A Change To My Life by Just4yhu(f): 12:04pm On Oct 11, 2014
Aminat was absent-minded. Anyone who saw her would think she was watching t.v. buh she is long gone. How will I raise the money for Fatimah's school? Should I go to my father for help? No, I won't, after all he did to me? These were the thoughts going through her mind!!!!! suddenly, someone tapped her!! "What"? Aunty mi? She ran her palm over her face twice. Haeemah smiled at her. "My dear, you are not dreaming, its me! How have u been" Aminat stood and hug her aunt! Its been a long time.
Re: FATIMAH - A Change To My Life by Just4yhu(f): 12:19pm On Oct 11, 2014
She sobbed loudly! 'Sister mi, I missed you so much' "I know dear, am so sorry for all u went through, I couldnt help since I went for hajj that time and when I came back, you were nowhere to be found. Even your dad regret his actions" "I know sister, but I dont want to disturb the family so I had to leave" "So, how is your child, a he or she? "A she. Fatimah! come here and greet someone" Fatimah rushed from the shop outside! She stood beside her mother. "Good God, she is a grown up!! she must be 18 right?"
Re: FATIMAH - A Change To My Life by Just4yhu(f): 12:27pm On Oct 11, 2014
"Yes, she is 18. Oya, greet the visitor." Fatimah greeted casually and went inside! She wondered who the visitor is that her mother was so full of joy. "I was shopping in the market when I saw you, I couldn't believe until I came to touch you. Am so happy we met! Aminat smiled brightly, its been so long. "I also have a bad new for you although I don't dont know if I should say it" "Say it now, it doesnt matter" "Hmm, your father really searched for you but its a pity he didnt see u before he did" "What?"
Re: FATIMAH - A Change To My Life by Just4yhu(f): 12:38pm On Oct 11, 2014
Fatimah ran outside at the voice of her mother. She met her crying! What's wrong mom? Please Ma, she turned to Haeemah, what happened?" "Your grandfather is dead" "Mom, Which grandfather? Your dad? Aaawwww!!!". She helped her mother inside the shop and Haeemah followed. After Aminat had calm down, Haeemah spoke "It is a blessing in disguise to you my dear, your dad loves you very much and even in his dying moments" "How is this a blessing? Dad! Daaaaaddd!!! she screamed! "Calm down, and let me talk joor"
Re: FATIMAH - A Change To My Life by seunviju(f): 9:00pm On Oct 11, 2014
Left all of his property for her I guess?welldone
Re: FATIMAH - A Change To My Life by hassan85(m): 9:46am On Oct 12, 2014
seunviju:
Left all of his property for her I guess?welldone
Lol thinking same o
Re: FATIMAH - A Change To My Life by TiffanyJ(f): 10:09am On Oct 12, 2014
hassan85:
Lol thinking same o
oga, you dy this world so?
Re: FATIMAH - A Change To My Life by hassan85(m): 10:15am On Oct 12, 2014
TiffanyJ:

oga, you dy this world so?
can u image?? alert Don come u Forget me hmmn leave me o.... my email is dia yearning for messages from You and u just dia... see wat distance does? who says outta sight is not outta mind?? dia s God
Re: FATIMAH - A Change To My Life by TiffanyJ(f): 10:24am On Oct 12, 2014
hassan85:
can u image?? alert Don come u Forget me hmmn leave me o.... my email is dia yearning for messages from You and u just dia... see wat distance does? who says outta sight is not outta mind?? dia s God
my dear, so many things to think of o. I hardly even have time for myself. But come o, y you no send me an email.
Well, you are right, alert came in day b4 yesterday but the money don finish sef
Re: FATIMAH - A Change To My Life by hassan85(m): 10:33am On Oct 12, 2014
TiffanyJ:

my dear, so many things to think of o. I hardly even have time for myself. But come o, y you no send me an email.
Well, you are right, alert came in day b4 yesterday but the money don finish sef
make we no come turn fatty tread to our personal chat.... sorry fatty off to email
Re: FATIMAH - A Change To My Life by TiffanyJ(f): 10:45am On Oct 12, 2014
hassan85:
make we no come turn fatty tread to our personal chat.... sorry fatty off to email
you are right. Fatimah, we are so sorry for derailing your thread.
Re: FATIMAH - A Change To My Life by Supremor(m): 11:14am On Oct 12, 2014
Nice story u've got bt pls like Tiffany pointed out giving a short description of some of d characters helps to add some gloss to the story. waiting for more updates pls. thanks
Re: FATIMAH - A Change To My Life by Just4yhu(f): 5:35pm On Nov 17, 2014
"You sée my dear, she moved closer to Aminat, your father left all his property for you" (as some of you had guessed) "Really? Even if he did more than that, I'll neva forgive him, when I néeded him most, he sent me out, sister, he sent me away! She sobbed uncontrollably. "I know Aminat but you have to take heart, you must go back and take over his business, good thing you are not new at this" Yes, she knows alot about the textile company, her father had always prepared her as the heir. Those times!
Re: FATIMAH - A Change To My Life by Just4yhu(f): 5:43pm On Nov 17, 2014
Those happy times! Even as a little girl of 16, she knows most of the textile by touch, she designs alot and her father had been so proud of her. 'Mom, i think we should go home' 'No, you have to visit your mother first, she had been hospitalized ever since your father's death' 'What? My mom? Oh no. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she started sobbing afresh! Even though her father is dead, she is greatful her mom is still alive. But hospitalized? God! Fatimah was very happy, so she finally have a grandmom?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Short Story Collection / Fugitive Bride / Romeo Oriogun Wins Brunel International African Poetry Prize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.