Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,235 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues (37492 Views)

Woman Walks Unclad After She Was Scammed By Relatives (PICS) / Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients / American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Sunshinelady(f): 10:08am On Aug 15, 2014
12inches1: This is so disheartening. It is so sad that we cannot manage just 10 ISOLATED CASES. This shows how prepared we are for an outbreak. This also means that chukwu minister has been lying to us all along- typical of GEJ's administration. How are we now sure that the 177 contacts he said are under surveillance are truly being monitored. I believe he should resign since he cannot manage the situation. Do you know that the American doctor single handedly treating all the ebola cases has left and there is no other nigerian doctor stupid enough to volunteer (see how the present ones with the virus are being treated)? Do you know that GEJ has just sacked resident doctors who form 80 percent of doctors in federal hospitals coming at a point in time when we are in danger of an epidemic? Do you know that if there is an outbreak we will all be on our own. I heard from a source that some nigerians are already stocking up tickets out of the country in case the situation goes out of hand. These 'special nigerians' i'm sure you know. The health workers are nigerians too. They must not be left to die. These are the masses. God help us all.
. U were making sense b4 u mentioned d sacking of d doctors. Were dey working b4 dey were sacked? Bunch of selfish thins, making incessant demands, yet wen d country needs dem d most dey turn dere backs. D decision to sack dem was a good one , u can't be at home like log of wood, be receivin salary & yet not com to save d lives of dying ones whom u swore to care for. Its best to remove dem & put in those redy to work, am sorry to say but Drs a wicked o, using dis ebola as a weapon to fight for their selfish needs, not minding dat their colleagues are also victims of disease. Its a pity
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by wazobiaN9(m): 10:09am On Aug 15, 2014
caseless: Stories like this makes it difficult for me to forgive patrick sawyer and the liberian authority. I'm jst angry at them.

You should also direct your anger at a totally derelict and inept government that was not proactive neither up to the task now that the die is cast.

Jonathan was busy smiling with the health minister who presented his hand sanitizer, most likely being sold by his family member to the government, instead of tackling the grim realities on ground. To all those jokers it is always business as usual.

It will soon be time for change!
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Sunshinelady(f): 10:11am On Aug 15, 2014
OlawumiX: While I sympathize with the isolated patients, and hold government responsible for our weak/failed health system. The medical personnel who held this press conference are just plain hypocrites, absence of electricity, sanitation and lack attention is how they have been running the hospitals before now. People have been dying of these causes way before now, when did they actually care? Someone said an American doctor has been footing bills what have they as colleges and family been doing? For as long as I can remember doctors have told us that there is no need for anyone to travel abroad for medical treatment because there professionals here- where the professionals now.

Nigerian government needs to do more, much more, the present crisis has exposed the fallacy of our health system. They need to spend money and put policy in place to fight this situation, I am aware that the staffs of Doctors without borders and the CDC are on ground and are actively involved in this but what is the role of the 1000s of staffs of the federal ministry of health in this?
exactly
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by guass(m): 10:19am On Aug 15, 2014
It is unfortunate
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by guass(m): 10:20am On Aug 15, 2014
Her relatives and medical associates should have known the country they live and stop seeking sympathy. They should quietly gather funds and seek the experimental drugs otherwise waiting for government to do something is like waiting for the return of the CHIBOLK GIRLS
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by ojinku(m): 10:22am On Aug 15, 2014
IGBOSON1: When i tell you guys this is one fuc/ked up country we're living in, i'll be shouted down! I bet they've already scrambled for the money Dangote donated (with specific instructions that it's mainly for Lagos state) and pilfered the lot under some spurious 'miscellaneous expenses' heading!

In one way, you can't blame the medical personnel for running away (seeing how the ones infected are being left to their own fate); yet again, it's what they signed up for, and if they know they're not up to the task the decent thing to do would be to throw in the towel and resign, while demanding that the federal and state ministries of health give those poor souls the proper treatment they deserve!

I've always said it that Nigerian Doctors, Nurses and other medical personnel are mainly materialistic, greedy, arrogant and short-tempered little hitlers, and are in it just for the money......not for some noble desire to save human life and limit human suffering! When push comes to shove, that's when they're 'shown up' for who and what they really are! Of course there's always the few decent ones still out there.....but as i stressed, they're few, and far between!

Imagine that I went to an NDDC office yesterday (government office), there was no water to flush the toilet after urinating let alone to wash my hands in the wash-hand basin. In fact, it's like I was seeing MR EBOH physically there.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by nora544: 10:26am On Aug 15, 2014
davno: USA, Canada, Japan, etc. These are countries without ebola yet they have experimental drugs for it.

Liberia, DRC and in fact the whole of Africa - ebola was discovered here but we have nothing for it. No vaccines, no research, no facilities and no conscience.

Life is tough on its own but life as a black man is really really pathetic.

Sorry that is not tru because Uganda knows how to live with Ebola they have also a laboratory with this hight security level.

South Africa and Senegal have laboratories with the high security level.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by acorntree(m): 10:26am On Aug 15, 2014
Flexskillz: I knew all these claim by the FG were all lies! Real casualties figure and contacted cases might be far higher.
News I got this morning from some one close to the latest casualty is just scary.
I don't want to say God will help us because we fail to help ourselves where we can. God will judge our wicked leaders.
Smh for this country.
FG cannot be trusted with the figure dish out to the public. The causalties will surely be much more than what they proclaimed. Its only GOD that can help us in this country

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Hollamydey(f): 10:29am On Aug 15, 2014
May
God in His infinite mercy deliver us frm dis deadly disease called
ebola, I pray d victims will hav full cause 2 share d testimonies of
their deliverance in Jesus Name, Amen.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by nora544: 10:41am On Aug 15, 2014
2sExy1: I am not surprised at all. This shit may hit our door steps faster than we think because the Nigerian government has NEVER be known to be proactive.

I blame sawyer for bringing this to us ooooo. Ah...

All those fools that have been cracking joke with this thing, very soon, you will know that this is horror movie out of tv screens and living among us... Just wait!

I can't say God save us because God does not work that way... He is one who believe in action, which the Nigerian youth is apparently lacking by large margin. Even Isreal does not say God save... They Fight for what is thiers!

Soon, we will learn to vote wisely in our next life and not sell our souls to these monsters and bastards.

This is what we have brought upon ourselves... Because we do not know the power we possess as a people of the nation.

Soon, victims will out number doctors in hospitals that they can't cater for...

Vote wisely, we wont.

Demand for your right, we wont...

Suffering and smiling, we have A+ in that.

Na our oil, na our groundnut money ddem use use build refineries... You see fools tribalizing everything.

This will be our greatest undoing as the common man.

Hate me if you want, we will learn a very hard lesson from this...by the time you see people dying like chickens and being neglected on the streets like it's going on in Liberiar.

Nigerians? Giant of Africa my foot! Jokers!

1000000000000000 liks

Why you should change nigeria because you have this MOG who will always tell pray and fast and sow seed and it is mandatory that we built the bigger church.

The next year the next 100 days fasting and praying for nigeria.

For what God give us a brain when we don't use it.
God helps this people who help themself but I didnot see this in Nigeria!
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Creamish(f): 10:42am On Aug 15, 2014
ukukaegbu: Little wonder that nurse ran away to Enugu from that place

For some reason, im beginning to think Ebola actually affects the "common sense" part of the human brain...cos for d life of me, i just cant understand why ppl who are already well aware of the nature of the disease and how fast it spreads still choose to spread it anywayz... undecided
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by nora544: 10:43am On Aug 15, 2014
GodMode:

Not life as a black. Most presidents in Africa are corrupt and that corruption is affecting the whole continent.

but not only the presidents also this new churches make the problems!

Why nigeria has the richest pastors in Africa!
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by sleemfesh: 10:47am On Aug 15, 2014
If a single of these or brothers and sisters gallant who fell to this Ebola survived this then shame on all who drive joy in bad mouthing the nation in the little effort to save them. I call for great care of these sick.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Caseless: 10:54am On Aug 15, 2014
jpphilips:

when stories like this should make you burn your leaders alive, ordinary Guinea have recorded over 60 survivors while we are waiting for three to die.
Prof Onyebuchi chukwu must go!!!
ithink u are right. Amber opened a thread to speak on the embolden part of ur post. I think i support u and amber on this.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by nora544: 11:01am On Aug 15, 2014
eddieedoho: My question is where are those Pastors who claim to be miraculous healers deceiving Nigerians and feeding fat from the gullibility of the masses?.
This Ebola case has absolutely prove that they are liars, impostors and peddlers of the word.

They cannot make miracles and what they want is to build their own empire.

It hearts when I hear from a MOG that it is mandatory to build the new bigger church, at a time when Nigeria fight Ebola, that show me that he has no brain and telling his pastors that all followers who fast for 100 days will get no Ebola.

Sorry but this man is a disgrace for a real christian.

The other sends water to liberia that it should help the people there, what takes 50 000 USd and he spend 50 000 USd but it would help more when he didnot send the water and give the hole money to the people.
At the moment in Monrovia only one health center is working that from SOS child village a non profit organisation from Europa because they know what they have to do.

All this christian workers from this new churches run away from the country after the two workers got Ebola.

Please tell me why doctors without Border didnot get Ebola because they know what they have to do and they have no fear like my daughter she is on the way to west africa to work with doctors without border.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Sammyblaq(m): 11:05am On Aug 15, 2014
wait...but heard on radio yesterday that the victims are reponding to treatments.
Fake information...f**k the media!

Liberian-american¿ American attached...i know

oluwa come and take the wheel
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by nora544: 11:06am On Aug 15, 2014
VellyG:
Nigeria has Nanosilver vaccine for Ebola.

Nigeria has nothing and this Nano silver is also know since a long time under a different name and it is a fake drug please googe than you will see

Nano = means very very small piece!
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by shellyboi: 11:10am On Aug 15, 2014
tunde1200: So if they escape from quarantine home as a result of neglect from govt!.
Then we are in big trouble.
But why things don't work well in nija?
. I tire ooo, wetin dey wan make e be fate of nigerians sef... Dis #Ebola tin dey vex. Me like kilode! embarassed
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by FILUX(m): 11:16am On Aug 15, 2014
There is enmity btwen the system of d world & God system. D only path to peace is in Christ Jesus d savior of d world, whom d world rejected.there4 d world is doom 4 destruction except thos who blive in him as lord & thir savior will b save.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Octaves(m): 11:17am On Aug 15, 2014
no be naija we dey again? the level of mediocrity in this country is appalling. they blame people for leaving the anarchical hellhole that has no plan for their future.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by nora544: 11:19am On Aug 15, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: I wonder what our private Jet flying Billionaire Pastors are doing to safe guard their members. These Pastors should have worked together to get the experimental drugs to Nigeria.

The pharmaceutical company said they are out of stock. They can not continue sending the drug to Africa free of charge.

I can tell you "It is mandatory that we finish the new big church" Adeboye told this his followers at a time Ebola is in Nigeria!

This new drug Zmap, I know how they make it and the problem is that they cannot make it as fast they need it and that this two american are stil alive could be also come from the treatment they get in America.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by hensben(m): 11:30am On Aug 15, 2014
bidexmat: point noted, bt enough of the blames. This is to tell u nigeria is not working, our own gov't has failed us. Check round na, from insurgency, political/religious crisis, to ebola outbreak, none has been contained/managed.worst of all, even basic amenities is notin to write home about @ 54. Wen wil dis change happen wen the world is slowly coming to an end. We need a revolution. They are not even scared of lying to nigerians. We nid to instill dat fear in them. Seriously I am beginning to believe Nigeria is a lie. This is sickening!!!
well said....those that still believe nigeria will get better should keep living in dillusion state of mind....nigeria will keep getting worse with these set of cabal in affair of our nation....they are wicked,greedy,clueless n visionless.

A country were a zoologist with no political science or law degree govern..smh

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by hensben(m): 11:34am On Aug 15, 2014
And some I'd.ots will say must u wait for government then I ask these mufus, were are the basic amenities expected from the government for these people to strive in their various fields.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by hensben(m): 11:37am On Aug 15, 2014
Octaves: no be naija we dey again? the level of mediocrity in this country is appalling. they blame people for leaving the anarchical hellhole that has no plan for their future.

And some I'd.ots will say must u wait for government then I ask these mufus, were are the basic amenities expected from the government for these people to strive in their various fields.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by ebbymayox(m): 11:38am On Aug 15, 2014
www.tlkdrum.com
Talking Drum is an Educative Blog,discussing daily issues that we most likely don't pay attention to, most fascinating and rare gems of human knowledge.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by okogbemyk(m): 11:48am On Aug 15, 2014
Atimes i wonder if what we have is indeed a country!
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by hensben(m): 11:49am On Aug 15, 2014
Hollamydey: May
God in His infinite mercy deliver us frm dis deadly disease called
ebola, I pray d victims will hav full cause 2 share d testimonies of
their deliverance in Jesus Name, Amen.
oohs! Not again..how can God come down from heaven to heal these people..He uses through A to help. B with that A having what it takes to help (no ojoro) n that's what we are lacking here in nigeria...so u see.
Heaven help those who helped themselves.
Manners don't fall from heaven, its practical first then spiritual follow suits.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by ziga: 12:04pm On Aug 15, 2014
olimeh13:

... Guy, y e b say una too dey yarn fg... Wetin b una contribution to the growth of nigeria

Who else we wan yarn

You? or my Uncle?
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by buJu234: 12:05pm On Aug 15, 2014
davno: USA, Canada, Japan, etc. These are countries without ebola yet they have experimental drugs for it.

Liberia, DRC and in fact the whole of Africa - ebola was discovered here but we have nothing for it. No vaccines, no research, no facilities and no conscience.

Life is tough on its own but life as a black man is really really pathetic.

bro u re right..

all the money looted from Africa by the sons of Africa from Mobotu to Abacha to idi Amin to Gaddaffi etc are more than enough to stop this continent from simple diseases caused by poor public health care system...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by hensben(m): 12:10pm On Aug 15, 2014
Amya:

Who is this govt you talk about? Is it the name of an animal, place or thing?

What is your contribution to the entity called Nigeria since the day you were born? What free community services have you done? Where have you volunteered to help out in skill you're good at without being paid, how have you as a person impacted the life's of the people around you?

Get yourself off your entitlement high horse. Those country that you compare with Nigeria have good people and this reflected in their government. Try becoming a better person, and maybe then you will be more than a cow in europe. Dunce!
let person hear word abeg, most nigeria political leaders are wicked, clueless,visonless n greedy n its reflecting on the people unlike western world.
You should know by now when the head/brain is bad, the body is condemn already, use mentally-ill people as case study, they roam about unclad unconsciously, this illustration describe nigeria situation.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by jpphilips(m): 12:14pm On Aug 15, 2014
Double post
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by jpphilips(m): 12:15pm On Aug 15, 2014
omenka: I find it hard to believe there is a more fvcked up government on this planet than the government of Nigeria!!

All these, yet we have the likes of Dangote et al. that have donated a whopping N150million to tackle the scourge.
what exactly are the monies being used for?? I could bet my last breath they hardly feed those people!!!

I swear by God, I woke up this morning, going to the bathroom to brush my teeth, a thought just struck me, I was like: "how exactly are the ebola patients been taken care of?? Sure they are not being mistreated??"
I finished from the bathroom, threw myself on the bed, hit the homepage of the site, and boom, I saw this thread!!!!!

I really feel sorry for those folks. Saying they are on deathrow is putting it mildly; they are already in the electric chair!!! This is Nigeria!!!

This situation gives some insight into what would become of the victims of Boko Haram activities in whose names monies were collected from corporate organisations and individuals (over 50billion raised I gathered)!! Not a dime would get to the intended beneficiaries of those funds!!

Jonathan's government is a 419 organisation, period!!! angry

It doesn't matter what you swear by!! Jonathan got the majority votes from who? Ghosts!! when you make bad choices, you blame the govt.
How do you expect competence from a Govt whose Manifesto is Failure!!?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Government owned Kidney transplant centres in Nigeria including cost / Theatre Roof Caves In During Live Surgery In Ghana, One Dies (photos) / Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.