Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:23 PM

Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues (37693 Views)

Woman Walks Unclad After She Was Scammed By Relatives (PICS) / Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients / American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Nobody: 5:58am On Aug 15, 2014
I am not surprised at all. This shit may hit our door steps faster than we think because the Nigerian government has NEVER be known to be proactive.

I blame sawyer for bringing this to us ooooo. Ah...

All those fools that have been cracking joke with this thing, very soon, you will know that this is horror movie out of tv screens and living among us... Just wait!

I can't say God save us because God does not work that way... He is one who believe in action, which the Nigerian youth is apparently lacking by large margin. Even Isreal does not say God save... They Fight for what is thiers!

Soon, we will learn to vote wisely in our next life and not sell our souls to these monsters and bastards.

This is what we have brought upon ourselves... Because we do not know the power we possess as a people of the nation.

Soon, victims will out number doctors in hospitals that they can't cater for...

Vote wisely, we wont.

Demand for your right, we wont...

Suffering and smiling, we have A+ in that.

Na our oil, na our groundnut money ddem use use build refineries... You see fools tribalizing everything.

This will be our greatest undoing as the common man.

Hate me if you want, we will learn a very hard lesson from this...by the time you see people dying like chickens and being neglected on the streets like it's going on in Liberiar.

Nigerians? Giant of Africa my foot! Jokers!

11 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by ramdris(m): 6:01am On Aug 15, 2014
This is touchy and tragic. This country is not worth dying for.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by tete7000(m): 6:04am On Aug 15, 2014
dollarsplenty: Let's be objective in our comments. i think we need to hear reactions from d other party. tho naija govt is always in bad light before its citizens. govt has to state their own part of the story because it will be very callous to have acted in such way.

My sister what I believe is that everyone is running away from ebola and thus left those who already had the disease to suffer. Remember fear of ebola is also one of the reasons the doctors have refused to call off their strike. Knowing the Nigerian way of doing things, I can guess there is probably no adequate protective clothing for those who even volunteer to help. As per light and water at the facility, how many Nigerian establishment even have adequate supply of them. It is just sad that these people have become a victim of the ineptitude in our system. I pray God steer the conscience of those who can help. This however highlights what could be the fate of anyone if we don't do all within our capability to ensure ebola don't get near us.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by omenka(m): 6:04am On Aug 15, 2014
I find it hard to believe there is a more fvcked up government on this planet than the government of Nigeria!!

All these, yet we have the likes of Dangote et al. that have donated a whopping N150million to tackle the scourge.
what exactly are the monies being used for?? I could bet my last breath they hardly feed those people!!!

I swear by God, I woke up this morning, going to the bathroom to brush my teeth, a thought just struck me, I was like: "how exactly are the ebola patients been taken care of?? Sure they are not being mistreated??"
I finished from the bathroom, threw myself on the bed, hit the homepage of the site, and boom, I saw this thread!!!!!

I really feel sorry for those folks. Saying they are on deathrow is putting it mildly; they are already in the electric chair!!! This is Nigeria!!!

This situation gives some insight into what would become of the victims of Boko Haram activities in whose names monies were collected from corporate organisations and individuals (over 50billion raised I gathered)!! Not a dime would get to the intended beneficiaries of those funds!!

Jonathan's government is a 419 organisation, period!!! angry

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:10am On Aug 15, 2014
GodMode:

The creator won't create a cure for your problems.. U'll have to use the brain given to you for that.

Go and read Isaiah 45:7

There is no God.

That is your own opinion.

Well, here is mine.

Ebola has been around for decades.

There have been outbreaks before.

There has never been an effective drug all these years and still Africans are not all dead!

There MUST be a GOD who loves us, otherwise, left to our so-called leaders, we're goners!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by luvmijeje(f): 6:12am On Aug 15, 2014
What a country! It's high time the rest of the world (who know her left from the right ) begin to isolate all of us before we start exporting our foolishness.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by royalsweetness(f): 6:16am On Aug 15, 2014
Asking for international help over 10 Ebola patients because nobody is ready to stop looting for a second and focus on public health. If it were possible for the Nigerian government to dig a mass grave and throw in every infected/contact person once traced, they would have done that long ago.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:21am On Aug 15, 2014
pDude: Eko o ni ogbanje o tongue

grin cheesy cheesy

When I commented on those Fashola's kpako isolation shacks and told Ebola victims to run far away from being isolated there, many Fashola fanatics cursed me and said I should be banned

grin cheesy grin grin

I had forseen this shyt coming. Fashola's isolation shacks are places where you will be locked up till you die to avoid spreading the plague. tongue

Dude, this is not funny.

Are you saying Fash should tackle Ebola alone?

Ebola that is an international emergency?

The biggest, gravest outbreak in history?

What exactly are you trying to say?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:24am On Aug 15, 2014
omenka: I find it hard to believe there is a more fvcked up government on this planet than the government of Nigeria!!

All these, yet we have the likes of Dangote et al. that have donated a whopping N150million to tackle the scourge.
what exactly are the monies being used for?? I could bet my last breath they hardly feed those people!!!

I swear by God, I woke up this morning, going to the bathroom to brush my teeth, a thought just struck me, I was like: "how exactly are the ebola patients been taken care of?? Sure they are not being mistreated??"
I finished from the bathroom, threw myself on the bed, hit the homepage of the site, and boom, I saw this thread!!!!!

I really feel sorry for those folks. Saying they are on deathrow is putting it mildly; they are already in the electric chair!!! This is Nigeria!!!

This situation gives some insight into what would become of the victims of Boko Haram activities in whose names monies were collected from corporate organisations and individuals (over 50billion raised I gathered)!! Not a dime would get to the intended beneficiaries of those funds!!

Jonathan's government is a 419 organisation, period!!! angry

Next to a slow, painful death as Ebola gradually dismantled the tissues and blood vessels,

The electric chair is a mercy!

I am short of words!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Nobody: 6:27am On Aug 15, 2014
ERCROSS: Mr Patrick Sawyer..
anywhere wia u dey now, na thunder go fire u ooo...
if not for ur selfish intentions of coming to Nigeria, all diz wudnt have been happening

Bros, abeg no disturb the dead! Know that if it wasn't Sawyer in person, it would've been another Liberian, or any other African from the infested countries! What has been done, has been done! The best thing now is to ask the Federal government to return the 20 billion usd it fraudulently borrowed so we can use in fighting Ebola!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Onegai(f): 6:30am On Aug 15, 2014
When govt gave LASUTH 3 biohazard suits, for hundres of staff to use, you guys were insulting doctors.

When FG only sent $1mil to Lagos and announced that they had sent $8.1mil, you guys were insulting doctors.

When Fashola said each isolation tent costs N20mil, when they are cheaper in outbreak countries, you guys were insulting NMA.

Please go and call GEJ, Fashola and their new unexperienced locum drs and consultant nurses to take care of these poor people.

I was trying to raise money to donate towards medical supplies for the outbreak. When I heard what govt was doing, I cried and stayed in my house.

Till now, no-one has bought biohazard suits out. Yet they are expected to treat a highly infectious disease.

And now they've fired people who gave them the only good advice. And you are all happy. LASG staff told their own doctors and nurses family members not to go to IDF but announced that everything was getiing better and they needed volunteers. You all gullibly fell for it.

Please look up all my previous posts on NL.

15 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Ekundayo7: 6:31am On Aug 15, 2014
Sad, very very sad. The ebola has made the whole rot of Nigeria commot her yansh so everyone can now smell it well well. This madness of corruption has got to stop. I knew MONTHS AGO when I heard of the outbreaks in neighboring area that this was going to hit Nigeria and, as always, the officials would fail the public and nation. Their call to duty was to write jingles educating on ebola. Dumb F ucks! You PREPARE FOR THE WORST! Where are the proper clothing for medical doctors and nurses? Where are the proper masks and eye goggles? Where are the already set up containment wards? EEEEEDIOTS til the end. The FG and the hogs that run it would rather the whole nation die a miserable death than stop their maniacal looting. Greedy robbing thieves and murderous souls, they will rot in hell for every last damn kobo they ever stole. I cannot even express my venom in words this is so upsetting. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by otokx(m): 6:33am On Aug 15, 2014
The first day i saw the isolation facilities on Aljazeera i knew something was wrong. The place can be mistaken for an air conditioned poultry facility. Me was like how long shall we continue in mediocrity.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Onegai(f): 6:38am On Aug 15, 2014
dollarsplenty: Let's be objective in our comments. i think we need to hear reactions from d other party. tho naija govt is always in bad light before its citizens. govt has to state their own part of the story because it will be very callous to have acted in such way.

Lol, your govt that is corrupt and inept, is whom you believe now? When people were saying on nl "the nurse ran to Enugu and the driver ran away also", and meanwhile govt said it had everyone under isolation. Only for them to announce this week they had finally found the nurse.
You are probably waiting for people to start falling on the street before realising how much govt has been lying.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Nobody: 6:43am On Aug 15, 2014
I shake my head for this obodo Nigeria!

If we are not able to give good healthcare systems to the seven ill patients of ebola, then how then do we control an event like that of Liberia and the rest.

I wonder why its rated to be the best growing economy in Africa where there's no good health care system/insurance,no good roads,the one that calls himself Good luck Jonathan keeps privatizing everything..

I would not wish Ebola on my enemies cause I've seen it and I know what it can do.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Nobody: 6:43am On Aug 15, 2014
royalsweetness: Asking for international help over 10 Ebola patients because nobody is ready to stop looting for a second and focus on public health. If it were possible for the Nigerian government to dig a mass grave and throw in every infected/contact person once traced, they would have done that long ago.

Wouldn't it be better for them to do just that than to subject the victims go through the emotional and physical pain they are experiencing now? The government doesn't care, Jonathan has said said so, how many more times does he need to repeat himself before we get it!!! Any more wonder why Obama refused naija the vaccine? It just might end up in the pockets of a few cabaled and privileged politicians!
Useless Country. I wish GEJ Ebola.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by touchmeder: 6:45am On Aug 15, 2014
davno: USA, Canada, Japan, etc. These are countries without ebola yet they have experimental drugs for it.

Liberia, DRC and in fact the whole of Africa - ebola was discovered here but we have nothing for it. No vaccines, no research, no facilities and no conscience.

Life is tough on its own but life as a black man is really really pathetic.
u hv mirrored my thots! If those folks are left in a sorry situation until they die then it is very upsetting. I know people don't want to die, but surely they must be some people properly equipped who are taking care of them. Then the money FG and Dangote are sharing. OMG are they lying and our church and mosque; what are we doing to help these people? Oh God I am so upset right now.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by lakamua: 6:46am On Aug 15, 2014
englishmart: Damn! This is not right!
Why are the health workers running away when they are mostly needed?

undecided
This is the problem we face in this country. Nobody is willing to make sacrifices!
the problem is selfish noisemakers like you. are u too young to volunteer for training to assist in the ebola center?? or to assist in sambisa forest. u like ur life so much and think others dont.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Shaadey: 6:53am On Aug 15, 2014
Pls nobody should blame Fashola,make
federal govt wake up tz not a one man or one political party thing...LASG sef dey try their best..MAY EBOLA NOT LOCATE US O

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Olalan(m): 6:56am On Aug 15, 2014
We are the giant of Africa yet we seem powerless in tackling issues; first it was insurgency in the north that rubbished our so called status as the best military personnel in Africa now ebola is exposing our failed healthcare system which was caused by bad leadership and corruption. Of the 1.9 billion released only God knows how much will be spent on addressing the crisis.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Barywhyte(m): 6:56am On Aug 15, 2014
davno: USA, Canada, Japan, etc. These are countries without ebola yet they have experimental drugs for it.

Liberia, DRC and in fact the whole of Africa - ebola was discovered here but we have nothing for it. No vaccines, no research, no facilities and no conscience.

Life is tough on its own but life as a black man is really really pathetic.

Truth! That color has never been my identity

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Nobody: 6:57am On Aug 15, 2014
Ebola: Nigeria approves the use of new Ebola drug "Nanosilver" to treat patients:

READ @=> http://davidvsnaija..com/2014/08/ebola-nigeria-approves-use-of-new-ebola.html
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Amhappy(f): 7:01am On Aug 15, 2014
This is heart breaking and very sad. What kind of country is this biko? Why are we so backward. And people keep singing praises of the silly governments (state and federal). Tufiakwa.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Nobody: 7:01am On Aug 15, 2014
IGBOSON1: When i tell you guys this is one fuc/ked up country we're living in, i'll be shouted down! I bet they've already scrambled for the money Dangote donated (with specific instructions that it's mainly for Lagos state) and pilfered the lot under some spurious 'miscellaneous expenses' heading!

I've always said it that Nigerian Doctors, Nurses and other medical personnel are mainly materialistic, greedy, arrogant and short-tempered little hitlers, and are in it just for the money......not for some noble desire to save human life and limit human suffering! When push comes to shove, that's when they're 'shown up' for who and what they really are! Of course there's always the few decent ones still out there.....but as i stressed, they're few, and far between!
Why do people talk like this? You should direct the insults to the politicians in charge of the money and not the health care workers who have not seen the green light of the said money meant for the treatment of their colleagues.

Greed is our problem in Africa and we all know that. Where are the experimental drugs the Nigerian in diaspora sent?
Why are they not releasing money for the purchase of immune boosters?
Something as little as good hygiene can help these people, why are they (supposedly) lying ill in filth?
When I said Chukwu is all about noise and no action, some mofo was quoting his 'achievements' since the outbreak.
Fashola was all over the news about the improving health of these people earlier this week and we were so happy, now what? Didn't he see the state of the facility?

I don't blame the health workers running away from them, some of them might even contract the deadly ebola if they continue to work under the aforementioned condition. At the end of it all, Jonathan and Chukwu should apologize to Nigerians for not being proactive even when NSA warned about an intending outbreak, even when news of ebola was all over!

#still I pray for God's intervention#

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by gratiaeo(m): 7:05am On Aug 15, 2014
Nigeria is a failure

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by dvee2: 7:05am On Aug 15, 2014
I knew something ain't right with the efficient way Labaran Maku and the new health minister are going about this. I was wondering this people have never been effective, how come they are getting it right this time with timely interventions and proactiveness? alas, they are up to their usual deception. The consequences for this type of action is that people who get new infections will hide and infect others in the process.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by deolu2000(m): 7:07am On Aug 15, 2014
It was never meant to be this way,but each day we keep allowing our bad leaders walk freely,they will keep bring pain and evil unto us.we were not suppose to be in this situation in the first place if we had a Govt that is proactive.wel,now that we are here i pray God shows us His mercies,take this scourge away and heal the infected.as for the govt,am not expecting anything but propaganda like always.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by victorv12(m): 7:08am On Aug 15, 2014
All our Nigeria leaders are useless. Where are all those rich pastors, government officials, companies and all those greedy hedonistic pot -bellied Nigeria oligarchs? Why must we blame the government all the time for our ignorance?!

It's a curse when someone is called a Nigerian. For over five decades, no electricity and more Nigerians are neglected to wallow in poverty, and some useless thesists are there selling us the story of one imaginary 'hell' and one ominipotent 'GOD' to deliver them while they're physically blind to the fact that the environment they live in is hell!

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by otokx(m): 7:10am On Aug 15, 2014
tete7000:

My sister what I believe is that everyone is running away from ebola and thus left those who already had the disease to suffer. Remember fear of ebola is also one of the reasons the doctors have refused to call off their strike. Knowing the Nigerian way of doing things, I can guess there is probably no adequate protective clothing for those who even volunteer to help. As per light and water at the facility, how many Nigerian establishment even have adequate supply of them. It is just sad that these people have become a victim of the ineptitude in our system. I pray God steer the conscience of those who can help. This however highlights what could be the fate of anyone if we don't do all within our capability to ensure ebola don't get near us.

Many sincere Nigerians come here and tell us that electricity has improved so what are you saying?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by chamboy(m): 7:12am On Aug 15, 2014
jking001: Where's Fashola the clueless one talking about compassion and been compassionate, if it's politics to insult GEJ that's his not compassionate you would see him there, this is happening in lagos one would expect the best from him with all the noise that he's working.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Amya(f): 7:12am On Aug 15, 2014
BedLam: Every thread, I see dunces! If they are neglected, how many days will the patients last? lipsrsealed Can an Ebola patient who is not taking medication last more than 5 days? undecided Yeye people!

Thank you very much! This is just an avenue to seek for attention/favours from the govt by these hypocritical doctors. Even a kid knows these days that if you want support from the masses, just say the government is not working.

If it's not being managed well, how come it's still the 10 Ebola confirmed case as it is last week. How come they are still alive even though we know the speed at which it kills.

Nigerians use your head for once! Anything in print must not be the truth! Punch is trying to sell papers, but this is a very shoddy journalism as they didn't even bother to go check out the patients themselves. They relied on the hearsays of people who I'm sure didn't even go to the said hospital. They probably called a press conference to lament to seek attention for themselves as though they are the victims. What have the contributed as medical practitioners! If they care so much, why can't they volunteer their services to these people they claim they love so much.

We should stop being a blame trading people and know that the government we hate so much is just our reflection as a people. You can't plant corn and pepper would germinate.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Four Months After Abortion No Menstruation / 12-Year-Old Homeless Nigerian Girl Gives Birth To A Baby At A Dump Site / Christopher Gilbert Fighting For Life After White "Friends" Push Him Into Lake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.