Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,857 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso (2263 Views)

Wike Sacks Ndubuisi Nwankwo For Defecting To APC / Akala Meets With Tinubu & Wife After Defecting To APC (Photo) / Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
Governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso of Kano State has advised former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Malam Nuhu Ribadu against defecting to the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP).

He said the move would turn out to be Ribadu’s worst political mistake even if he is given the PDP ticket.
The governor, who offered the advice during a chat with newsmen on Wednesday, was reacting to speculations that the former anti-corruption boss is being wooed by the PDP to contest the upcoming gubernatorial elections in his home state of Adamawa, following the impeachment of former governor Murtala Nyako.

“I don’t want to believe it is true, but if it becomes a reality, then it will be a big disappointment to Nigerians because people ordinarily think that my brother Ribadu is a principled person with a good ideology and someone who loves to unite his country,” he said.
Kwankwaso said he appreciates Ribadu’s efforts at fighting corruption and that if he defects to the PDP, it would give the impression that all the good work he had done at EFCC had been in vain.

“For him , who is in the right place, if he should just leave because he is looking for a position or a ticket to contest elections, I don’t think that is good for him and for the country. I believe at the end of the day, if that happens, God forbid, then he will be the biggest loser even if he wins the elections because he would be joining a group whose members were once jailed by him,” he said.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/politics/31798-defecting-to-pdp-would-be-ribadu-s-worst-mistake-kwankwaso

2 Likes

Re: Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso by okosodo: 12:51pm On Aug 15, 2014
Yes it be because it is not an islamic agenda

2 Likes

Re: Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 15, 2014
So Ribadu didn't indict and/or jail any present APC members? My guess is that Ribadu, being a principled person with good ideology has noted that the APC is a party that lacks ideology but are a bunch of alarmists who thrive on accusations and counter-accusations. This, i am pretty sure he realised when the frog-eyed-man and the supreme ruler of Lagos State (as he then was) deserted and ridiculed him in 2011.

15 Likes

Re: Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 15, 2014
Dear Kwankwaso, you have spoken well. especially... "I believe at the end of the day, if that happens, God forbid, then he will be the biggest loser even if he wins the elections because he would be joining a group whose members were once jailed by him"
However, Ribadu has already lost it whether he remains in APC or not.

2 Likes

Re: Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:00pm On Aug 15, 2014
okosodo: Yes it be because it is not an islamic agenda

Olodo!

3 Likes

Re: Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso by Dreal1247: 1:02pm On Aug 15, 2014
Everybody is looking for where he idio favourable. If Nyako could not be assisted by Apc when in need, i wonder if anyone is going to compromise his opportunity to party politics. Politics is a game of the wise. Fools will always be fooled.

1 Like

Re: Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso by jmaine: 1:04pm On Aug 15, 2014
Kwankwaso the lousy and clownish presidential aspirant should shut it abeg . . . . .

Ribadu is going to where action (PDP) speaks louder than noise (APC) . . . . .cool

18 Likes

Re: Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso by doja(m): 1:04pm On Aug 15, 2014
I agree.
Re: Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso by Ucheosefoh(m): 1:07pm On Aug 15, 2014
He Kwankwaso should tell that to the birds I love the way PDP is teaching APC (supporters of APC) how to do politics. This is just the beginning of what will befall the supporters of APC them never see anything yet even Buhari will run leave APC when the time comes.

10 Likes

Re: Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso by BlackPeni5: 1:09pm On Aug 15, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
“I don’t want to believe it is true, but if it becomes a reality, then it will be a big disappointment to Nigerians because people ordinarily think that my brother Ribadu is a principled person with a good ideology and someone who loves to unite his country,” he said.
Kwankwaso said he appreciates Ribadu’s efforts at fighting corruption and that if he defects to the PDP, it would give the impression that all the good work he had done at EFCC had been in vain.

When he has in EFCC was he an employee of APC?

Tired of all this noise.

7 Likes

Re: Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso by ULSHERLAN(m): 1:14pm On Aug 15, 2014
I sincerely dont know why i like this Governor, He sure knows what to say and when to say the right things. Nuhu Ribadu is sure going to make his worst political mistake if he joins PDP cos of an automatic ticket. Its best he changes his mind on this decision or he watches his career go down the drain

2 Likes

Re: Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 15, 2014
BlackPeni5:

When he has in EFCC was he an employee of APC?

Tired of all this noise.
As EFCC boss, he was a POLICE OFFICER and not a card carrying member of PDP or any other party.

2 Likes

Re: Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso by oshyno(m): 1:19pm On Aug 15, 2014
This man is a joke. Ribadu was made popular by PDP. APC has always been a supporter of APC party, selling her people out when it matters most. Ribadu was d APC presidential candidate but Tinubu APC sold him out, not even a single state aside Osun supported him. Kwankwaso is that what u call a party ?

Ribadu has always loved d way PDP play their politics. He worked as Petroleum task force chairman under GEJ mr kwankwaso. So keep ur sermon. U just want to use him again for ur 2015 election. Dude is learning everyday.

12 Likes

Re: Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso by jmaine: 1:19pm On Aug 15, 2014
ULSHERLAN: I sincerely dont know why i like this Governor, He sure knows what to say and when to say the right things. Nuhu Ribadu is sure going to make his worst political mistake if he joins PDP cos of an automatic ticket. Its best he changes his mind on this decision or he watches his career go down the drain

Someone who was failed woefully at the presidential level shouldn't be scared of failing in the lesser gubernatorial level . . . .

Moreover, he is coming to a deep rooted platform that gives her all to her flag bearers . . . .

3 Likes

Re: Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso by ULSHERLAN(m): 1:22pm On Aug 15, 2014
jmaine:

Someone who was failed woefully at the presidential level shouldn't be scared of failing in the lesser gubernatorial level . . . .

Moreover, he is coming to a deep rooted platform that gives her all to her flag bearers . . . .
APC has its flaws but PDP should be a no no for him

1 Like

Re: Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso by BlackPeni5: 1:22pm On Aug 15, 2014
barcanista: As EFCC boss, he was a POLICE OFFICER and not a card carrying member of PDP or any other party.

He was appointed by a PDP President...Kwankwaso himself won election as the governor of kano state under the platform of PDP now he's forming saint. Does that mean when he was under the PDP, the projects he executed have all been cancelled?

What has Ribadu won under APC? Absolutely Nothing.

5 Likes

Re: Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso by jmoore(m): 1:23pm On Aug 15, 2014
When a politician defects to APC, he is a saint. When he defects to PDP, he's a criminal.

Naija and funny politics.

I laugh at blind supporters of these clueless politicians.

4 Likes

Re: Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso by jmaine: 1:24pm On Aug 15, 2014
ULSHERLAN:
APC has its flaws but PDP should be a no no for him

Says who ? When winning is all that matters in our clime . . . .

1 Like

Re: Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso by PointB: 1:24pm On Aug 15, 2014
Principled people have no business with an unprincipled party like APC! Ribadu is right to want out of this Associations of Power Contractors which is primarily fueled by anger and pain.

Pray, say, apart from propaganda, what else is APC good for?

4 Likes

Re: Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 15, 2014
BlackPeni5:

He was appointed by a PDP President...Kwankwaso himself won election as the governor of kano state under the platform of PDP now he's forming saint. Does that mean when he was under the PDP, the projects he executed have all been cancelled?

What has Ribadu won under APC? Absolutely Nothing.
What is your argument?
Re: Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
Yeah, I think Kwankwanso is right.

In as much as I'm not a politician yet I think what happened to Soludo may also happen to Ribadu. I call it Soludo's Treatment.

Politics is a very dirty game.

We shall see as events unfold shaaa.

Let the best CROOK wins. They are all Crooks.

1 Like

Re: Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso by BlackPeni5: 1:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
barcanista: What is your argument?

If you can't figure it out...then i can't help you.

1 Like

Re: Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso by ULSHERLAN(m): 1:30pm On Aug 15, 2014
jmaine:

Says who ? When winning is all that matters in our clime . . . .
YES winning is all that matters but dont you think credibility matters as well. Somebody like Nuhu Ribadu has done so many work when he was with EFCC that people blvd to be good eventhough some blv he was used to fight the opposition but still getting into the same train with the people he once fought for some corrupt practices lacks credibility or maybe those people have changed. Hope you understand what i mean
Re: Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso by prophetone(m): 1:33pm On Aug 15, 2014
Ribadu had better be wise in reaching his final decision because being seen as a member of Jonathan's party could be his achilles heel. This is because the people of Yola have not forgotten the incompetence of GJ and the PDP he represents, which has caused them untold hardship, bloodletting and destruction.

1 Like

Re: Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso by jmaine: 1:36pm On Aug 15, 2014
ULSHERLAN:
YES winning is all that matters but dont you think credibility matters as well. Somebody like Nuhu Ribadu has done so many work when he was with EFCC that people blvd to be good eventhough some blv he was used to fight the opposition but still getting into the same train with the people he once fought for some corrupt practices lacks credibility or maybe those people have changed. Hope you understand what i mean

Where were you when he teamed up with Tinubu, a man he labelled with some disparaging remarks. ?

When he was asked during the presidential debate, as an aspiring politician, he stylishly dodged that aspect and all was normal.

Ribadu EFCC moral ship departed the moment he was the APC flag bearer . . .

This is politics , and the APC is just a mirror version of the PDP with the packaging the only difference . . . .

3 Likes

Re: Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso by ULSHERLAN(m): 1:42pm On Aug 15, 2014
jmaine:

Where were you when he teamed up with Tinubu, a man he labelled with some disparaging remarks. ?

When he was asked during the presidential debate, as an aspiring politician, he stylishly dodged that aspect and all was normal.

This is politics , and the APC is just a mirror version of the PDP with the packaging the only difference . . . .
I guess we can keep on arguing about this till thy kingdom come whereas i dont think NUHU gives a hoot about our opinions. Anyways only permanent interest counts in politics grin

1 Like

Re: Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso by jmaine: 1:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
ULSHERLAN:
I guess we can keep on arguing about this till thy kingdom come whereas i dont think NUHU gives a hoot about our opinions. Anyways only permanent interest counts in politics grin

grin
Re: Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso by lilprinze: 1:48pm On Aug 15, 2014
Ribadu defecting to PDP would b hiz best and most successful move in Life. Kwankwaso should better mind hiz busines iz it by force 4 Ribadu to sty wit APC(terrorist)

2 Likes

Re: Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 15, 2014
BlackPeni5:

If you can't figure it out...then i can't help you.

EOD
Re: Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso by arewarepublic: 2:19pm On Aug 15, 2014
jmaine:

Interesting...........
Re: Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso by OlusolaWarrior: 2:56pm On Aug 15, 2014
Abeg, who is Kwankwaso again? Is it not the same Kano State governor that keeps sponsoring fundamentalists and ethnic bigots in his state?
NgeneUkwenu:

http://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/politics/31798-defecting-to-pdp-would-be-ribadu-s-worst-mistake-kwankwaso

2 Likes

Re: Defecting To PDP Would Be Ribadu’s Worst Mistake In Life— Kwankwaso by Billygee2u: 3:11pm On Aug 15, 2014
who adviced you when you defected ?one who agitate for equity and justice must have his hands clean.kwakwanso over to you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures Dont Lie, Abia Before And Now / 20 Reasons Nigerians Rejected Buhari Since 2003 / Buhari Busted! Waec/cambridge Did Not Offer Hausa As Subject In 1961

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.