Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! (39198 Views)

First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister / Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver / Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Pennywise(m): 6:21pm On Aug 15, 2014
Dannyxy: you are dull, what is wrong in testing the drugs?, if it works, good, if it doesn't, we move on.
who do you think will be credited if it works?, is it the creator or the person that suggested that it should be used?, common, answer, let me see how smart you are?, or are you just a child ranting behind the computer?

You are a slowpoke and a disgrace to not just Nigerians but all civilized people. Even if you were commissioned by the so called scientist to launder his image on NL, dont you see that this is all a fraudulent enterprise? Nano silver has been around for ever. Its a poison, not a drug foool.

1 Like

Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 15, 2014
I only need to say this:

A word is enough for the wise.
pacretus:
am sorry to say "i dont believe wat u said.pls take it back.nd try to b reasonable.go through the writte up again nd make a better assumption.tnks
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 15, 2014
ceejayluv:
Yes, same way Nigerians used themselves en masse as lab rats with saline solution. some have perished. Zmapp is a product of painstaking research targeted at ebola... Nano silver is a generic antiseptic.

nah zmapp was accepted because it is an american lab product. remember c-section? where it was first practiced, how its was criticized and who is doing it mostly now?
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by amanikondo: 6:30pm On Aug 15, 2014
ritababe: What american can do, african can do it better,

i pray this nano silver work so that the US will be put to shame
Lets join hand shame US together. Come to Yaba Ebola Tents to offer yourself for Ebola trial drugs.
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by ghostofsparta(m): 6:42pm On Aug 15, 2014
Click HERE to read the plausible origin of this particular virulent Ebola virus.
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 15, 2014
[quote author=nora544Please read I have still the feeling that he want to make money with this nanosilva water
[/quote]

We all have what we feel about something, but it shouldn't be enough to put another man's work or credibility down until it is proven beyond reasonable doubt. Stop the personal attacks, it doesn't make sense.
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Dannyxy(m): 6:45pm On Aug 15, 2014
MissMeiya:

Because it's not a fùcking drug. It's not fúcking new. And it has been "tested" on every disease imaginable. Do you know how to use Google?

Nairaland is such an embarrassment to Nigeria.

The stúpidity on here is driving me crazy. I need to take another break.
she is ranting again, you better calm down, show me any prove that is has been tested on Ebola before? were you the one that tested it?, "miss I know Google" show me any Google page were Ebola and nano silver were mentioned together before now.

you better stop embarrassing your self.

note: if you formulate any fake page I will know.

1 Like

Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by onitshaigbo(m): 7:12pm On Aug 15, 2014
Frankenstein: Shut your festering gob! Igbos are not Jews and will never be. Igbos are Igbos.
Inferiority complex, that's what you're suffering from. Don't tag other Igbos in your Semitic obsession and fantasy.

You're ignorant. Igbos are and will always been Jews. Not inferiority or superiority complex, just facts. We are not Africans but instead came from the land between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean Sea.
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by onitshaigbo(m): 7:15pm On Aug 15, 2014
vislabraye:

You don't know wherev U come from !!

Oh, I know where we came from: the Holy Land of Israel. Africa is just our place of exile. God will soon lift our exile and we will return to our homeland in Eretz Yisrael!
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by ceejayluv(m): 7:19pm On Aug 15, 2014
donnypool:

nah zmapp was accepted because it is an american lab product. remember c-section? where it was first practiced, how its was criticized and who is doing it mostly now?

"The rate has risen to 46% in China and
to levels of 25% and above in many
Asian, European and Latin American
countries.[6] The rate has increased in
the United States, to 33% of all births
in 2012, up from 21% in 1996. [4]
Across Europe, there are differences
between countries: in Italy the
Caesarean section rate is 40%, while
in the Nordic countries it is 14%"(wikipedia)

Well, that's not the issue. Zmapp and tkm ebola have shown results in the lab with detailed experimental procedures , results and patents. Nano silver is as good as the salt and kola therapy.

1 Like

Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 15, 2014
ceejayluv:

"The rate has risen to 46% in China and
to levels of 25% and above in many
Asian, European and Latin American
countries.[6] The rate has increased in
the United States, to 33% of all births
in 2012, up from 21% in 1996. [4]
Across Europe, there are differences
between countries: in Italy the
Caesarean section rate is 40%, while
in the Nordic countries it is 14%"(wikipedia)

Well, that's not the issue. Zmapp and tkm ebola have shown results in the lab with detailed experimental procedures , results and patents. Nano silver is as good as the salt and kola therapy.

well i'm not saying am right rather am i saying you are wrong. people on nairaland knows too much, but most of them are jobless. If you guys think our minister of health is senseless, then everyone nigeria is senseless. People are out there volunteering to work with ebola patients, but the ones on here are only good in online argument. i didn't say you are among tho.

Everyone think the minister of health is an illiterate and will just start vaccinating people with the drug. Lets leave those people in authority to do their job, and lets do our part in creating businesses, awareness and support for government officials.
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Frankenstein: 7:33pm On Aug 15, 2014
onitshaigbo:

You're ignorant. Igbos are and will always been Jews. Not inferiority or superiority complex, just facts. We are not Africans but instead came from the land between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean Sea.
Deluded wannabe. So Caucasoid descendants of Jacob crossed the Sahara desert that is about five times the size of Nigeria en massse in prehistoric times on foot. And yes, getting free passage from several communities, kingdoms, empires, towns and villages on their way to eastern Nigeria.

When they got to promised land version 2.0, they got some helluva badassical sun tan that got copied in their DNA and bingo... black Jews in the Niger! Dropped monotheism and embraced paganism. Lost their ingenuity to build pyramids and settled for huts.

2 Likes

Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by abatically(m): 7:33pm On Aug 15, 2014
ritababe: What american can do, african can do it better,

i pray this nano silver work so that the US will be put to shame
I wonder what ur problem is with US government. USA is an independent nation, so is Nigeria. Nobody should be dependent on another, so why would u mention the US when we develop a solution to our own problem. If u feel the US is not better than us, then why reference them?

1 Like

Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by ceejayluv(m): 7:36pm On Aug 15, 2014
donnypool:

well i'm not saying am right rather am i saying you are wrong. people on nairaland knows too much, but most of them are jobless. If you guys think our minister of health is senseless, then everyone nigeria is senseless. People are out there volunteering to work with ebola patients, but the ones on here are only good in online argument. i didn't say you are among tho.

Everyone think the minister of health is an illiterate and will just start vaccinating people with the drug. Lets leave those people in authority to do their job, and lets do our part in creating businesses, awareness and support for government officials.
Cool.... My concern is the encouragement of thorough research and development in the country . And avoiding that cutting corners mentality.
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by gebest: 8:49pm On Aug 15, 2014
DIS NANO SILVER IS NOT JUST GOING TO CURE EBOLA, IS GOING TO CURE EVEN HIV/AIDS. Mark my word.
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by pacretus(m): 9:32pm On Aug 15, 2014
onitshaigbo:

ok.i now understand you wella.u ar frm d mediterranean sea not isreal.but i might believe u if u can post a link lik:www.igbos are isrealis or isrealites.com but until den d only tin i hav for u is.MTCHEEEEW
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 15, 2014
If it isnt transmitted by air why do health workers cover their noses while handling the victims

mtchew

surely ebola can be contracted through air

OR

even through diffussion because some affected health workers get infected after observing and practising strict safety precaution while handling their patient (i no know o) God help us.
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by musachara: 10:04pm On Aug 15, 2014
This is realy - realy SCARY

mickyarams:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnQVUf775VE

Right now in West Africa the worst Ebola outbreak in history is in full swing and is jumping borders at an alarming rate. Already it has spread to four countries, Guinea, Liberia, Sierra Leone and now Nigeria. This latest jump into Nigeria is particularly serious since the infected individual carried the virus by plane to Lagos Nigeria, a city with a population of over 21 million. Doctors without borders has referred to the outbreak as "out of control".

To make matters worse, there is something very, very important that the corporate media and public health officials are not telling you regarding this crisis.

You'll notice if you read virtually any mainstream article on the topic that they make a point of insisting that Ebola is only transferred by physical contact with bodily fluids. This is not true, at all.

A study conducted in 2012 showed that Ebola was able to travel between pigs and monkeys that were in separate cages and were never placed in direct contact.

Though the method of transmission in the study was not officially determined, one of the scientists involved, Dr. Gary Kobinger, from the National Microbiology Laboratory at the Public Health Agency of Canada, told BBC News that he believed that the infection was spread through large droplets that were suspended in the air.
"What we suspect is happening is large droplets; they can stay in the air, but not long; they don't go far," he explained. "But they can be absorbed in the airway, and this is how the infection starts, and this is what we think, because we saw a lot of evidence in the lungs of the non-human primates that the virus got in that way."

Translation: Ebola IS an airborne virus.

UPDATE: Someone pointed out that in medical terms, if the virus is transferred through tiny droplets in the air this would technically not be called an "airborne virus". Airborne, in medical terms would mean that the virus has the ability to stay alive without a liquid carrier. On one hand this is a question of semantics, and the point is well taken, but keep in mind that the study did not officially determine how the virus traveled through the air, it merely established that it does travel through the air. Doctor Kobinger's hypothesis regarding droplets of liquid is just that, a hypothesis. For the average person however what needs to be understood is very simple: if you are in a room with someone infected with Ebola, you are not safe, even if you never touch them or their bodily fluids, and this is not what you are being told by the mainstream media. Essentially I am using the word "airborne" as a layman term (which kind of makes sense, since I am a layman in this field).

Now I'm not going to speculate as to whether these so called "journalist" and public health agencies who keep repeating the official line regarding the means of transmission are lying, or are just participating in some massive display of synchronized incompetence, but what I will say, is that this shoddy reporting is most likely getting people killed right now, and may in fact put all of humanity in danger.

How so?

By convincing people that the virus cannot travel through air, important precautions that could reduce the spread of the virus are not being taken. For example the other passengers on the plane that traveled to Lagos, Nigeria were not quarantined.

[UPDATE August 6th]: According to the AP and the BBC, Patrick Sawyer, the Ebola infected man who traveled to Lagos Nigeria by plane, passed the disease on to eight health workers before being properly isolated.

Nigerian health authorities acknowledged Tuesday that they did not immediately quarantine a sick airline passenger who later died of Ebola, announcing that eight health workers who had direct contact with him were now in isolation with symptoms of the disease.

In spite of the seriousness of this disease, and in spite of the fact the fact that the BBC itself covered a study in 2012 that demonstrated that Ebola can spread through the air, no one in the corporate media has budged from the official line regarding transmission.

The AP's spin on it:
Experts say people infected with Ebola can spread the disease only through their bodily fluids and after they show symptoms.

From CNN:
Ebola spreads through contact with organs and bodily fluids such as blood, saliva, urine and other secretions of infected people.

And from the BBC itself in their article describing the second confirmed case in Nigeria:
The virus spreads by contact with infected blood and bodily fluids - and touching the body of someone who has died of Ebola is particularly dangerous.

To put this into context, Ebola kills between 50% and 90% of its victims, so the stakes are very, very high here.

NOTE: We have reported on the fact that Ebola can spread through the air in three separate articles since March of 2014, here, here and here, however the corporate media has continued to misrepresent the vectors of transmission.

This particular strain of Ebola is not Ebola Zaire. This is a new strain, and it may in fact be more dangerous than the Zaire variety. Not because of any difference in the symptoms (the symptoms are identical), but because this new virus seems to be harder to contain. Whether this is due to some characteristic of the virus itself or merely dumb luck is uncertain at this time, but the rate at which this outbreak has extended its range is unprecedented.

According to the CDC this virus is genetically 97% similar to the Zaire strain. However if you are interested in this virus' phylogenetic relationship (genetic lineage) to the Zaire strain you should look read "Phylogenetic Analysis of Guinea 2014 EBOV Ebolavirus Outbreak" on plos.org.

Another study by the New England Journal of medicine (this was the one referenced by the CDC) specifically names the parts of the genetic code which differ:

The three sequences, each 18,959 nucleotides in length, were identical with the exception of a few polymorphisms at positions 2124 (G→A, synonymous), 2185 (A→G, NP552 glycine→glutamic acid), 2931 (A→G, synonymous), 4340 (C→T, synonymous), 6909 (A→T, sGP291 arginine→tryptophan), and 9923 (T→C, synonymous).

Note that there doesn't yet seem to be a consensus as to what this new strain is called. One study referred to it as "Guinean EBOV", another as "Guinea 2014 EBOV Ebolavirus" and others are still referring to it as Zaire. Given that we can specifically name the points where the virus has mutated, using the old name is misleading.

Right now the question on everyone's minds is whether this virus will spread outside of Africa. Considering the fact that Ebola has a three week incubation period, can travel through the air, and has already hitchhiked onto an international flight, this is a very real possibility. There are some that are downplaying the probability of this outcome, and to be honest, I hope that they are right, but the simple fact of the matter is that these people are basing their assessment on the faulty premise that Ebola is not an airborne virus.

Now the first thing you might be feeling when looking at this situation is a sense of fear and helplessness, and while that's a perfectly normal reaction it's really not helpful. Instead we should be thinking in terms of practical steps we can take to influence the outcome.

One thing we can all do is to start confronting journalists and public officials who keep making false statements regarding the way Ebola spreads. Use the links to the original study, the BBC report from 2012 and this video to put them in their place.

We also need to confront the fact that there isn't a full out, coordinated, international effort to contain this. This is being treated like a sideshow but it has the very real potential to become a main event.

The doctors on the ground in West Africa don't have enough staff or resources to deal with this situation. It is absolutely inexcusable for the U.S. and the E.U. to be investing billions of tax payer dollars into their little power games in Ukraine and Syria (which are both in the process of escalating right now by the way) while Ebola is getting a foothold in Africa. Every available resource should be shifted to West Africa in order to contain and extinguish this epidemic right now.

Why is this random air travel more dangerous?

Because if it gets in when people aren't looking, it can spread before containment measures are put into place.

P.S. If you want to learn more about Ebola I highly recommend that you read "The Hot Zone" by Richard Preston.

http://scgnews.com/ebola-what-youre-not-being-told

Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by cigie(m): 10:10pm On Aug 15, 2014
SirShymex: Where's PAGAN9JA?

Since the cure for Ebola has been elusive and the yanks have refused to give naij zmapp...I think Nigerians need go to the gods of Africa for a drug.

PAGAN9JA, have the gods got cure for ebola?

Okijajuju1!

After all the sacrifices the FG provided for orison, no response from the gods yet?

Under your watch as the eze nmo, the gods failed us at the world cup and now e wan fall our hand for ebola matter.

Odi ewgu o
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Nobody: 12:28am On Aug 16, 2014
sexzskil: Nigerian government and Health Ministry lying to the masses since Mesolithic age cool cool undecided
Our ignorant masses like to hear about lies! I can see the reasons why they are so gullible to be deceived by the leaders and remain in a poor state in the smelling environment. Jeez!

1 Like

Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Tolu91(m): 3:05am On Aug 16, 2014
Patrick Sawyer was under
surveillance in Liberia for
Ebola
-Liberian govt said he escaped
quarantine and
sneaked into Nigeria -CCTV footage at Liberian
airport showed him
avoiding contact with people
and at a point lying
prostrate on the floor looking
like he was in deep pain
-His sister with whom he had
contact died of Ebola
that he was aware of
-When he arrived Nigeria he
didn't avoid contact with people rather he allowed
airport staff to carry
him
-At the hospital in Lagos he
allowed medical
personnel to treat him just as they would any normal
patient
-When asked if he came in
contact with an Ebola
victim at the point he started
showing symptoms his answer was negative
-When test confirmed the
obvious and he was
confronted with the truth, he
reacted in a violent
manner urinating on the medical staff, at least one
of them
-Sawyer who was enroute to
Calabar was insistent
on continuing his journey
despite his condition -Liberian govt has apologised to
Nigeria for
exporting Ebola to Nigeria
-Nigerian govt has approached
US for the ZMAPP
test drug they used on 2 American health workers
who contracted the virus in
Sierra Leone
-Obama said its too early to
bring the drug to Africa,
that what Africa needs is improved health facilities,
yet with all their improved
health facilities they
chose ZMAPP for their own
-A vaccine for Ebola is
underway we are told and will be ready latest July next year
-The vaccine will 1st be
administered in Africa, how
generous and selfless they are
with the vaccine but
not the curative drug -Is somebody thinking at all? -
Dont forget Sawyer
was a Liberian American with
his family resident in
America
-If people in high places could volunteer themselves
as suicide bombers in countries
like Afghanistan,
Iraq, Pakistan etc, do you think
they can't volunteer
for chemical terrorism suicide mission?
-The conventional terrorism
exported to Africa and
heavily funded by them to
destabilize our economy
and depopulate us seem no longer enough
-God is watching but we too
have to watch our
backs
-Should we trust them with their
so called vaccine when it comes?
-Africa, its time to start
thinking, time to start asking
questions
-We have lived with monkeys,
chimpanzees, gorillas, wild animals that have always
been part of our
delicacies and never had ebola
-Why now and why always
Africa. HIV/AIDS in
Africa 1st likewise ebola? JUST THINKING ALOUD

1 Like

Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by queensenglish91: 3:32am On Aug 16, 2014
onitshaigbo:

No, God loves the Igbos (Jews), the rest of you Nigerians are just gentiles, who are created to serve the Nation Of Israel (Igbos).

Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Nobody: 4:21am On Aug 16, 2014
My fear is American coming up with a confirmed cure for EBV, if that should happen, we are doomed!
They will so regulate the release. Of the cure to frustrate Nigeria, they will erect a new partnership agreement to favour their economy. They will take advantage of our desperation for the cure in exchange of our crude that seems to attract so much of their attention for now..

Our resources will suffer in the hands of the crafty Americans..
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Ekundayo7: 7:17am On Aug 16, 2014
This is a lie. No Nigerian invented "nano silver". There have been "silver" products around for ages for sale on the market worldwide. This is for someone to drum up sales and make fat money off ebola. Oh, and for you idiots who have not yet gotten up to speed, not only did the US send all the supply of Zmap to West Africa (widely publicized in media), but Canada, China and Germany have also sent their own experimental ebola drugs to West Africa, all for free, so please, [size=18pt]SHUT THE FECK UP ALREADY AND GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE. TAKE PRECAUTIONS AGAINST EBOLA: WEAR LONG SLEEVES IN TIGHT PUBLIC SPACES TO MINIMIZE EXCHANGING SWEAT, STAY AWAY FROM PEOPLE SNEEZING AND COUGHING OR VISIBLY ILL. WASH YOUR HANDS FREQUENTLY WITH WIPES OR USE A SOLUTION OF DILUTED BLEACH OR 3% HYDROGEN PEROXIDE., WASH YOUR FRUITS AND VEGETABLES BEFORE CONSUMING AND PLACE THEM IN WATER WITH A FEW DROPS BLEACH TO DISINFECT THE SKINS. EBOLA VIRUS IS PASSED THROUGH SALIVA, TEARS, URINE, VOMIT, FECES, BLOOD AND CAN LIVE IN THE TESTICLES OF A MAN WHO WAS EBOLA INFECTED BUT SURVIVED, FOR UP TO 7 WEEKS. EDUCATE YOURSELVES, STAY AWAY FROM THE SALT WATER, KOLA NUT WILL NOT GIVE YOU IMMUNITY, AND NANO SILVER IS A MARKETING SCAM. WORD TO THE WISE O.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Samgreguc(m): 8:44am On Aug 16, 2014
Prof. Buchi eff up..... Him no make use of him drug experts b4 him talk dat thg?
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by preacherz: 9:35am On Aug 16, 2014
By now Nano Silver must have been given to the 6 Ebola patients...........any news on their health stateanybody?
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by stokfrick: 3:39pm On Aug 16, 2014
preacherz: By now Nano Silver must have been given to the 6 Ebola patients...........any news on their health stateanybody?
sometimes it pains me to know that our leaders as well as the average nigerians has refused to use their God given comon sense. its very simple. infect any 2 or more lab or domestic animal e.g sheep with d fluid from an ebola patient. administer nano silver or any potential cure we may have 2 some of d animals and dont administer 2 d others. then watch for any improvement in d animals. if the animals who have recieved the drug recover while those that dont recieve die, then the drug works. we can also monitor 4 side effects. and we r here making noise. it's very painful 4 ds country where mediocrity thrives.
Re: Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria! by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 16, 2014
VantagePoint:
Don't get your knickers tied up in a twist..
That's a very good point you raised there, but you should have directed this to pharmacists, laboratory scientists instead of judt doctors. Most doctors are involved in CLINICAL work, not RESEARCH. But your bias against doctors won't let you see that.

donroxy: Where are all the Professor of microbiology , Pharmacists and medical experts !!
This is the time we need them abi na only strike dem sabi ?
The above is what I posted few days ago !

And I think we need to fund those who need to develop the drugs than those who merely prescribe it !

NMAs should chill , majority of 'em run double clinics and perfom substandardly in government hospitals .... Yeyes dem !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Shocking But Interesting Health Facts About Your Eyes / Coronavirus: Nadine Dorries Tests Positive For Deadly Virus / Lady Survives Fungal Infection Which Came Off An Artificial Nail She Fixed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.