Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Does Anyone Know How To Mix Yaji (pepper)? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Does Anyone Know How To Mix Yaji (pepper)? (2167 Views)

Learn A Recipe: Spicy Slow Grilled Yaji Fish / Homemade Suya Spice Mix Recipe (yaji) And How To Make Suya. / Does Anyone Know Where I Can Purchase Quail Eggs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Anyone Know How To Mix Yaji (pepper)? by Gorrbachev: 1:45pm On Aug 15, 2014
Please if you know the ingredients used in mixing Yaji used by mai-suya and mai-masa, please can you share the recipe. thanks I want to mix the type you'll only find deep inside northern Nigeria. thanks
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Mix Yaji (pepper)? by CaptainPhilip(m): 1:48pm On Aug 15, 2014
go to maidiguri in born state sir.
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Mix Yaji (pepper)? by acenazt: 1:59pm On Aug 15, 2014
The Main Ingredient might not be found anywhere from the north. Its a kind of pepper which is thin and long when Dried. You'll need it,ginger,salt,seasoning and maybe crayfish if you like. Start by pounding the dry pepper and ginger then add in the salt and saesoning then the crayfish pound till you get the required texture then pack and sieve. There

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know How To Mix Yaji (pepper)? by Gorrbachev: 4:00pm On Aug 15, 2014
acenazt: The Main Ingredient might not be found anywhere from the north. Its a kind of pepper which is thin and long when Dried. You'll need it,ginger,salt,seasoning and maybe crayfish if you like. Start by pounding the dry pepper and ginger then add in the salt and saesoning then the crayfish pound till you get the required texture then pack and sieve. There

Thanls. Everything should be dry then i blend together right?
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Mix Yaji (pepper)? by acenazt: 4:29pm On Aug 15, 2014
Gorrbachev:

Thanls. Everything should be dry then i blend together right?
absolutely

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know How To Mix Yaji (pepper)? by Ask4delaw(m): 5:27pm On Aug 15, 2014
acenazt: The Main Ingredient might not be found anywhere from the north. Its a kind of pepper which is thin and long when Dried. You'll need it,ginger,salt,seasoning and maybe crayfish if you like. Start by pounding the dry pepper and ginger then add in the salt and saesoning then the crayfish pound till you get the required texture then pack and sieve. There

correct

some add white maggi (ajino-moto)
you can get already prepared one from mallams that sells grounded pepper, ginger, kulikuli e.t.c in wheel-barrow around any vegetable market.
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Mix Yaji (pepper)? by acenazt: 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2014
Ask4delaw:

correct

some add white maggi (ajino-moto)
you can get already prepared one from mallams that sells grounded pepper, ginger, kulikuli e.t.c in wheel-barrow around any vegetable market.
I didn't add Ajino moto cos it isn't healthy

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know How To Mix Yaji (pepper)? by Gorrbachev: 3:03am On Aug 17, 2014
acenazt: I didn't add Ajino moto cos it isn't healthy

I hate white maggi too, gives most people allergy and makes me lose hair. I'll try to add and experiment with other herbs too, until i make the ultimate yaji. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know How To Mix Yaji (pepper)? by deeyor(f): 4:11pm On Aug 19, 2014
Most prominent ingredients are dried pepper, garlic, ginger and salt. The whit seasoning is to make it tasty. Any other dry seasoning will do. The cubes don't work because they are moist.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know How To Mix Yaji (pepper)? by Teephar(f): 2:57am On Aug 20, 2014
You can also add dried meat. You just pound and sieve it

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know How To Mix Yaji (pepper)? by Gorrbachev: 9:03am On Aug 21, 2014
deeyor: Most prominent ingredients are dried pepper, garlic, ginger and salt. The whit seasoning is to make it tasty. Any other dry seasoning will do. The cubes don't work because they are moist.

the cubes worked for me, put them in a fridge, they'll become dry and hard. I did not add garlic and salt though, the crayfish adds enough salt for me. I added oregano, basil and parsley to the basic (ginger, pepper, crayfish and seasoning), it's really nice. thanks

(1) (Reply)

Step By Step Tutorial Chanel Bag Cake / / I Found A Cockroach In My Drink.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.