Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,397 members, 7,812,166 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. (7779 Views)

Army Has Met December Deadline Of Defeating Boko Haram – Lai Mohammed / Sunday Akoji Claims Army Has Found Buhari's certificate / Army Has Buhari’s Academic Records, But Not Original Copies Of His Certificates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by chucky234(m): 3:25pm On Aug 15, 2014
My father who is one of the senior officers attached to the 3 Division of the special force in Damaturu who were ambushed of the 27th day of July.
The soldiers were attacked based on info supplied to them by moles in the army, they were surrounded but decided to fight and die galantly and put up a fierce fight with the insurgents for 2hrs until the were out of amunition and was shot by the insurgents who were more than three hundred in number.
My father gave up the ghost on the 30th of July due to multiple gunshots sustained, until his death he was one of the bravest and finest soldiers to have graced the Nigeria army.
He was due to retire in January 2015 but he chose to fight and die for his fatherland, the master of MPG and heavy weapons.
149 Battalion, 3 Division and the entire Nigeria Army has lost one of its bravest and fearless soldier.
He spent four years fighting in Liberia and three years in Sierra Leone as one of the Nigeria contigents to ECOMOG.
He also spent three years in Bakasi civil war, one year in Ivory Coast, three years in Bayelsa/Warri as part of the JTF to curb militants activities in the Niger Delta.
He spent two years in Borno/Yobe fighting the Boko Haram menace, he was giving a national burial along with other fallen heroes today in Bauchi state..
MAY HIS GENTLE SOUL REST IN PEACE.

157 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 15, 2014
Your Father Was Born To Die For The Country!
He was a GREAT Man for dying for his Motherland .
May His Gallant Soul rest In Peace
May God Grant the Survivors the fortitude to bear the irreplaceable loss.

LONG LIVE THE MILITARY

17 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Donlino(m): 3:34pm On Aug 15, 2014
Wow.......see profile..... RIP to him..

Life in the army really isn't CALL OF DUTY!!

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by meforyou1(m): 3:35pm On Aug 15, 2014
My condolences bro. May his soul rest in peace

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 15, 2014
May God bless his soul.

Meanwhile, how can the military exterminate the moles in its midst? Except that is done, this war may not end soon

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by stinggy(m): 3:39pm On Aug 15, 2014
Take heart bro
He died an hero...
May the gods grant your family fortitude to bear the huge loss

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by C0llynz0ii: 3:39pm On Aug 15, 2014
Such a sad story.
When are they going to declare an all out war on those animals and destroy every living and non living thing in that area?
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by desgiezd(m): 3:40pm On Aug 15, 2014
A great fighter he was. A dependable fearless military man. If he were not dependable he wouldnt have been sent to all the places mentioned in that short profile. I agree with the profile that he was fearless. Rest In Peace, gallant soldier. I pray the Lord will keep all of you that he has left behind.

Once again, RIP.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Abariwiseman: 3:43pm On Aug 15, 2014
Take heart!
your Dad was a hero

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by chucky234(m): 3:44pm On Aug 15, 2014
barcanista: Your Father Was Born To Die For The Country!
He was a GREAT Man for dying for his Motherland .
May His Gallant Soul rest In Peace
May God Grant the Survivors the fortitude to bear the irreplaceable loss.

LONG LIVE THE MILITARY
He called me some weeks back and was complaining about the poor and inadequate amunition given to them, in Liberia and Sierra Leone was more than enough bullets for them to fight with but here they are given 30 to 60 bullets each day.
The current Commander in Chief, GEJ is not helping the nation, just 45 solidiers engaged 300 insurgents in a fiearce gun battle for 2 whole hours yet no land or air backup.
The soldiers fought till they ran out of bullets yet didnt run away but chose to die, this country is not worth dying for.

24 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by hoodboy(m): 3:44pm On Aug 15, 2014
Take heart bro, your dad died fighting for what he believed in....there will be a country

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by chucky234(m): 3:47pm On Aug 15, 2014
Abariwiseman: Take heart!
your Dad was a hero
Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Beync(f): 3:48pm On Aug 15, 2014
Take heart bro. Meanwhile, since there are obvious moles in NA especially among those fighting insurgents, why can't the relevant authority monitor the soldiers communication? NA should use modern technology and intelligent gathering for once.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by lakpalakpa: 3:48pm On Aug 15, 2014
RIP to the deceased, and may God comfort you and your family.

I would have said something else..... BUT!!

I rest my case.

angry

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by chucky234(m): 3:49pm On Aug 15, 2014
hoodboy: Take heart bro, your dad died fighting for what he believed in....there will be a country
Thanks bro, he was always willing to give his all.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Rich4god(m): 3:49pm On Aug 15, 2014
chucky234: He called me some weeks back and was complaining about the poor and inadequate amunition given to them, in Liberia and Sierra Leone was more than enough bullets for them to fight with but here they are given 30 to 60 bullets each day.
The current Commander in Chief, GEJ is not helping the nation, just 45 solidiers engaged 300 insurgents in a fiearce gun battle for 2 whole hours yet no land or air backup.
You can imagine... Assuming those soldiers deployed at Osun for election were taken to Borno, in addition to those on ground... BH would have been history by now...

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by koboko69: 3:53pm On Aug 15, 2014
chucky234: He called me some weeks back and was complaining about the poor and inadequate amunition given to them, in Liberia and Sierra Leone was more than enough bullets for them to fight with but here they are given 30 to 60 bullets each day.
The soldiers fought till they ran out of bullets yet didnt run away but chose to die, this country is not worth dying for.

Sorry for your loss. Your father was right....you may have gotten him wrong though. About 2 -3 magazines are always given to soldiers, not the way u put it. This is still grossly inadequate......cos those animals come prepared with more than enough amo. Most soldiers that are KIA sometimes get killed cos they have exhausted thier amo. I have kept maintaining the position that if the FG and top shots in the Army are done feasting on the security budget....they will flush out this lunatics. Nigerian Army is more than capable of flushing those lunatics out

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 15, 2014
That is sad. But please Jonathan does not assign bullet allocation, the Generals do. The Generals are the ones that strategize with the President giving them direction on what he expects. The President should have done more but the Generals are the Biggest Failures. The President need to overhaul the army. We need to fish out the moles within and the President need to order for more troops rather than convert soldiers to Election army.

I feel for your family, but life Goes on!!!

Your Father's blood is not in-vain

24 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by chucky234(m): 3:54pm On Aug 15, 2014
Beync: Take heart bro. Meanwhile, since there are obvious moles in NA especially among those fighting insurgents, why can't the relevant authority monitor the soldiers communication? NA should use modern technology and intelligent gathering for once.
Generals are doing nothing to help the soldiers, FG asked the generals to pay the fighting soldiers N3000 daily but you wont believe they are been paid N500 daily.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by signz: 3:58pm On Aug 15, 2014
May he rest in peace.

He's a hero who died for us all.

Take heart.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by C0llynz0ii: 3:58pm On Aug 15, 2014
barcanista: That is sad. But please Jonathan does not assign bullet allocation, the Generals do. The Generals are the ones that strategize with the President giving them direction on what he expects. The President should have done more but the Generals are the Biggest Failures. The President need to overhaul the army. We need to fish out the moles within and the President need to order for more troops rather than convert soldiers to Election army.

I feel for your family, but life Goes on!!!

Your Father's blood is not in-vain
The general only gets criticised when he is Ihejirika.
Anyway, I am patiently waiting for the December deadline they gave to the terrorists before an all out war is declared against them.
Although December is too close to the election and Jonathan's motives might be seen as political.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by chucky234(m): 4:00pm On Aug 15, 2014
koboko69:

Sorry for your loss. Your father was right....you may have gotten him wrong though. About 2 -3 magazines are always given to soldiers, not the way u put it. This is still grossly inadequate......cos those animals come prepared with more than enough amo. Most soldiers that are KIA sometimes get killed cos they have exhausted thier amo. I have kept maintaining the position that if the FG and top shots in the Army are done feasting on the security budget....they will fluah out this lunatics. Nigerian Army is more than capable of fluahing those lunatics out
He once told me that boko Haram will be gone in just two weeks if their ogas and FG do the right thing.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by seaman007: 4:01pm On Aug 15, 2014
30 to 60 bullet for each soilder
whc is 30 multiply by 45
Is 1350 bullet

45 trained soldier won't shoot aimlessly
I rest my case

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 15, 2014
C0llynz0ii:
The general only gets criticised when he is Ihejirika.
Anyway, I am patiently waiting for the December deadline they gave to the terrorists before an all out war is declared on them.
Although December is too close to the election and Jonathan's motives might be seen as political.
That is one issue with Jonathan-Timing. His Motive may be sincere but the timing look political, but we must support him to flush this BH. As long as this War is concerned We all should give the President and the Military our Maximum support. I also hope that the Military do not wane and flush out the terrorists before the december deadline. As for exCOAS Ihejirika, I honestly don't see reasons for the criticisms. We should allow the Army to do their jobs.. Terrorists are not activists.They need serious whipping.
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Gbawe: 4:02pm On Aug 15, 2014
@chucky234.

So, so sorry for your family's loss. May your father rest in peace. He is indeed a hero who gave his life fighting terror and the enemies of peaceful coexistence. Bro, speechless. Take heart.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 15, 2014
[quote author=Gbawe]@chucky234.

So, so sorry for your family's loss. May your father rest in peace. He is indeed a hero who gave his life fighting terror and the enemies of peaceful coexistence. Bro, speechless. Take heart.[/quote Amen to your Prayers. btw check yur mail
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by chucky234(m): 4:05pm On Aug 15, 2014
Gbawe: @chucky234.

So, so sorry for your family's loss. May your father rest in peace. He is indeed a hero who gave his life fighting terror and the enemies of peaceful coexistence. Bro, speechless. Take heart.
Where have you been bro, its been a long time.
My father's spirit will not rest until the boko haram is wiped out, that was his mission.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 15, 2014
chucky234: Generals are doing nothing to help the soldiers, FG asked the generals to pay the fighting soldiers N3000 daily but you wont believe they are been paid N500 daily.
This is one reason i am advocating that Payment of Soldiers should be made by the Ministry of Defence or Finance. The Military hierarchy should focus on other areas.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by rollykotex: 4:08pm On Aug 15, 2014
What a great man he was....may God grant your family and loved ones the fortitude to bear the loss and may He console you all.
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by C0llynz0ii: 4:09pm On Aug 15, 2014
barcanista: That is one issue with Jonathan-Timing. His Motive may be sincere but the timing look political, but we must support him to flush this BH. As long as this War is concerned We all should give the President and the Military our Maximum support. I also hope that the Military do not wane and flush out the terrorists before the december deadline.
To be honest, I don't expect them to flush out the terrorists with the current defensive tactics they are using, only an all out war will do that. It is also unfortunate that the terrorists kidnapped those girls to use as human shield, I don't know how the military plans to go about that. This thing should have been done long before those girls were kidnapped, but the politicians and the ''genocide accusers'' didn't allow that to happen, see where it has led us.
They might have to choose between 200 girls and tens of thousands of people dying at the end...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by rollykotex: 4:10pm On Aug 15, 2014
Come to think of it,is Nigeria really worth dying for?? Just thinking out loud
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by suwailad(f): 4:11pm On Aug 15, 2014
[size=16pt]Woe betide gej for knowing who the sponsors are as early as 2012 and not doing a thing to bring them to justice. GEJ is the cause of your father's death angry[/size]

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yellow Fever: Obaseki Gets Vaccinated, Leads Campaign Against Disease In Edo / Icpc Should Investigate Lai Mohammed Over N2.5 Billion Nbc Fraud - Pdp / What A Truthful Yoruba Man Said About Recent Igbo-yoruba Rift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.