Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,206 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. (7803 Views)

Army Has Met December Deadline Of Defeating Boko Haram – Lai Mohammed / Sunday Akoji Claims Army Has Found Buhari's certificate / Army Has Buhari’s Academic Records, But Not Original Copies Of His Certificates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Jakumo(m): 7:42pm On Aug 15, 2014
Wallie:

What makes you think the soldiers were shooting aimlessly? You think this is the movies? Even assuming argunedo that your assertion is right, there are 7200 seconds in 2 hours; how long do you think it takes for a single shot to be fired and how long would it take to exhaust all the bullets if they were fired serially? In your infinite wisdom, do you think soldiers pinned down should be firing one weapon at a time? In which direction should the single weapon be fired? Do you have any idea what the terrain looks like?

Anyone who has never experienced the utter chaos and panic of a full-blown firefight would have trouble understanding that much of the shooting is not even aimed, but intended to pin the enemy down to facilitate an advance, rapid change in firing positions, or a tactical retreat, while firing in "spray and pray" mode, most of the time now even knowing how many kills were actually made.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by o42austino(m): 7:49pm On Aug 15, 2014
RiP to ur day and many Heros outthere like him,that are willing to die for us all.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Wallie(m): 7:55pm On Aug 15, 2014
Jakumo:

Anyone who has never experienced the utter chaos and panic of a full-blown firefight would have trouble understanding that much of the shooting is not even aimed, but intended to pin the enemy down to facilitate an advance, rapid change in firing positions, or a tactical retreat, while firing in "spray and pray" mode, most of the time now even knowing how many kills were actually made.

Exactly! Here's a video of US soldiers pinned down by the Taliban. You can't even see what they're shooting at!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a_sSV6Mu3w
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by komekn(m): 7:59pm On Aug 15, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Post the picture of your father so that we can verify your info

We want to be sure that you are not an anti-GEJ who wants to stir up protest against GEJ

2015 is at the corner and people are ready to cook up stories to win sympathy votes to their political parties

I have been on this forum in excess of 7 years, and this is the first time I feel great desire to use abusive language, ARE YOU DERANGED AND DEVOID OF ALL SENSE OF DECENCY

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 15, 2014
Jakumo:

Bullet. Bro
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 15, 2014
komekn:

I have been on this forum in excess of 7 years, and this is the first time I feel great desire to use abusive language, ARE YOU DERANGED AND DEVOID OF ALL SENSE OF DECENCY
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 15, 2014
Sincere9gerian: Meanwhile, it appears the current service chiefs are confused? Or is it just a mere coincidence that Boko Haram attacks increased significantly under their watch?
I
you are very correct. especially that fat army head

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by komekn(m): 8:12pm On Aug 15, 2014
Chucky234,

Deepest sympathy and condolences on your irreplaceable loss, your Father has indeed paid the ultimate price for this nation, over two decades has put his life on the line for this nation, without commensurate reward, without proper commendation I SALUTE YOUR FATHER, VALIANT SOLDIER OF NIGERIA

I empathise with tears for you, my Father was an officer in the British army but did not get into harms way to the degree of your Father, yet I remember moments of anxiety. I cannot even fathom what you're Father and your family have been through all these years.

I thank you on behalf of all Nigerians May your Father RIP Revealed Incredible Personality, that he was.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by atlwireles: 8:15pm On Aug 15, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Why won't I be crazy to you just because I asked that he should be cross-examined properly before crucifying your most hated enemy GEJ

I know you will believe him because his comment paints GEJ as a culprit

You proved to be the only sane mind on this thread. Op, Name your dad and tell us his army serial number, your story will be verified within an hour. I have followed all your comments on this thread, people like you are clearly more deadly than boko haram.
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by VirginFinder: 8:26pm On Aug 15, 2014
Please accept my heartfelt condolences. sad

Moved to tears. cry

May your dad's soul rest in perfect peace.Amen.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 15, 2014
atlwireles:

You proved to be the only sane mind on this thread. Op, Name your dad and tell us his army serial number, your story will be verified within an hour. I have followed all your comments on this thread, people like you are clearly more deadly than boko haram.
anonther sick jonathanian on the loose

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by atlwireles: 8:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
Ibnsultan: anonther sick jonathanian on the loose

Another boko murderer, we know you people. Tell your friend to name his dad. Army deaths are public record.
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Fxwarrior: 8:30pm On Aug 15, 2014
seaman007: 30 to 60 bullet for each soilder
whc is 30 multiply by 45
Is 1350 bullet

45 trained soldier won't shoot aimlessly
I rest my case

Even if you haven't been in the army at least don't you watch movies? When you are one of those ambushed with bullets flying right, left and centre of which you need to keep firing to keep them at bay. You will understand but meantime just ne quiet for now.
We are grieving.
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by madamoringo(f): 8:37pm On Aug 15, 2014
Ibnsultan: @madamoringo. So on point in some areas. Our troops go in blind and deaf. About leaving the job. Who's going to defend the country

Yes Sultan, good question. Keep in mind that I am not unaware that the Army and our forces are there to defend the country but if the country represented by its leadership will not defend and care for our Forces, then they have every right to refuse to be sent to certain deaths collecting 500 / day (~ $ 3 / day) while the same country and leaders loot billions of dollars per day!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 15, 2014
atlwireles:

Will you then stop supporting jonathan or find another excuse for him? These bloody retar.ds will drag the country to its death.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by atlwireles: 8:39pm On Aug 15, 2014
django1:

Will you then stop supporting jonathan or find another excuse for him? These bloody retar.ds will drag the country to its death.

You piece of sh1t, why not stay on topic. All your silly attempts to belittle the Nigerian army, will never come to anything. Look for another institution, where you can direct your hate and wicked propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by kmariko: 8:40pm On Aug 15, 2014
Dear @op with a grieving heart ..am sincerely sorry for such a patriot your father who has served is dear country so well as to pay the ultimate Price.. Giving his life for the country he so loves.

Please accept my sincere condolences and may the God you serve give you the strength to go through this trying times.

Wishing you and your family the best.

Kmariko
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:41pm On Aug 15, 2014
chucky234: My father who is one of the senior officers attached to the 3 Division of the special force in Damaturu who were ambushed of the 27th day of July.
The soldiers were attacked based on info supplied to them by moles in the army, they were surrounded but decided to fight and die galantly and put up a fierce fight with the insurgents for 2hrs until the were out of amunition and was shot by the insurgents who were more than three hundred in number.
My father gave up the ghost on the 30th of July due to multiple gunshots sustained, until his death he was one of the bravest and finest soldiers to have graced the Nigeria army.
He was due to retire in January 2015 but he chose to fight and die for his fatherland, the master of MPG and heavy weapons.
149 Battalion, 3 Division and the entire Nigeria Army has lost one of its bravest and fearless soldier.
He spent four years fighting in Liberia and three years in Sierra Leone as one of the Nigeria contigents to ECOMOG.
He also spent three years in Bakasi civil war, one year in Ivory Coast, three years in Bayelsa/Warri as part of the JTF to curb militants activities in the Niger Delta.
He spent two years in Borno/Yobe fighting the Boko Haram menace, he was giving a national burial along with other fallen heroes today in Bauchi state..
MAY HIS GENTLE SOUL REST IN PEACE.

Is your father Col. Agu?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 15, 2014
madamoringo:

Yes Sultan, good question. Keep in mind that I am not unaware that the Army and our forces are there to defend the country but if the country represented by its leadership will not defend and care for our Forces, then they have every right to refuse to be sent to certain deaths collecting 500 / day (~ $ 3 / day) while the same country and leaders loot billions of dollars per day!
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by VirginFinder: 8:44pm On Aug 15, 2014
EasternLeopard:

NL is full of people who can set this nation on fire

That is why people like me decided to become more vocal in making sure their evil arrow is halted

Imagine some people using monikers that make them appear to be from one part of the country so as to use it to demoralise the people

When your father complained of poor equipment and 500naira allowance instead of 3000naira, why didn't you open a thread like SIRIUSBLACK to draw the president's attention.

I repeat

Give more evidence to convince us that you are not one of those who are here to set the nation ablaze.

This man!

You are a pathetic human being!! angry

No matter what, you are supposed to empathise, sympathise and condole with the OP first and foremost.

You are supposed to give him the benefit of a doubt. sad

It's not easy for someone to just come and claim that his father is dead with the aim of bringing the president down.

Even then, the topic is not yet on front page. Shows it's still being monitored.

Be careful!!! angry

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Jakumo(m): 8:54pm On Aug 15, 2014
VirginFinder:

This man!

You are a pathetic human being!! angry

No matter what, you are supposed to empathise, sympathise and condole with the OP first and foremost.

You are supposed to give him the benefit of a doubt. sad

It's not easy for someone to just come and claim that his father is dead with the aim of bringing the president down.

Even then, the topic is not yet on front page. Shows it's still being monitored.

Be careful!!! angry

Our man Eastern Leopard is most likely a lawyer by trade, and he comes here to relax and practice playing devil's advocate, deliberately opposing the accuracy of facts, reports and opinions that he secretly knows are right all along.
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Ghost01(m): 8:55pm On Aug 15, 2014
May peace rest upon his soul.
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 15, 2014
cry cry cry

May God receive his soul. Amen...
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 15, 2014
chucky234: My father who is one of the senior officers attached to the 3 Division of the special force in Damaturu who were ambushed of the 27th day of July.
The soldiers were attacked based on info supplied to them by moles in the army, they were surrounded but decided to fight and die galantly and put up a fierce fight with the insurgents for 2hrs [size=15] until the were out of amunition [/size] and was shot by the insurgents who were more than three hundred in number.
My father gave up the ghost on the 30th of July due to multiple gunshots sustained, until his death he was one of the bravest and finest soldiers to have graced the Nigeria army.
He was due to retire in January 2015 but he chose to fight and die for his fatherland, the master of MPG and heavy weapons.
149 Battalion, 3 Division and the entire Nigeria Army has lost one of its bravest and fearless soldier.
He spent four years fighting in Liberia and three years in Sierra Leone as one of the Nigeria contigents to ECOMOG.
He also spent three years in Bakasi civil war, one year in Ivory Coast, three years in Bayelsa/Warri as part of the JTF to curb militants activities in the Niger Delta.
He spent two years in Borno/Yobe fighting the Boko Haram menace, he was giving a national burial along with other fallen heroes today in Bauchi state..
MAY HIS GENTLE SOUL REST IN PEACE.
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 15, 2014
chucky234: He called me some weeks back and was complaining about the poor and inadequate amunition given to them, in Liberia and Sierra Leone was more than enough bullets for them to fight with but here they are given 30 to 60 bullets each day.
The current Commander in Chief, GEJ is not helping the nation, just 45 solidiers engaged 300 insurgents in a fiearce gun battle for 2 whole hours yet no land or air backup.
The soldiers fought till they ran out of bullets yet didnt run away but chose to die, this country is not worth dying for.

The bolded is the most annoying place...

It may not really be GEJ's fault, but I know you are in pains. The generals are there. Its their work..

Take heart. This sort of war ought to be prosecuted with reckless abandon against the insurgents. Every soldier should have every form of weapon and ammunition in excess..
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Raxxye(m): 9:06pm On Aug 15, 2014
chucky234: He called me some weeks back and was complaining about the poor and inadequate amunition given to them, in Liberia and Sierra Leone was more than enough bullets for them to fight with but here they are given 30 to 60 bullets each day.
The current Commander in Chief, GEJ is not helping the nation, just 45 solidiers engaged 300 insurgents in a fiearce gun battle for 2 whole hours yet no land or air backup.
The soldiers fought till they ran out of bullets yet didnt run away but chose to die, this country is not worth dying for.
I'm sad and almost heart-broken reading this. May his gallant soul rest in peace and may the good Lord give you the fortitude to bear this great loss!
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Fxwarrior: 9:06pm On Aug 15, 2014
Jakumo:

Our man Eastern Leopard is most likely a lawyer by trade, and he comes here to relax and practice playing devil's advocate, deliberately opposing the accuracy of facts, reports and opinions that he secretly knows are right all along.

He should thank Seun daily that this is a faceless online forum. If he should try this rubbish offline am sure his head should be on the floor by now.What nonsense.
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by nku5: 9:13pm On Aug 15, 2014
Your dad was a warrior's warrior. His selflessness, bravery and sacrifice is the substance upon which society is built upon. Heros like him have guaranteed our safety and give us the opportunity to come online and make noise from the comfort of our homes, bars etc

He has done his duty to God and State and has gone to rest in the bosom of the Lord. God bless and comfort you all.

Romans 13:3-4

For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Jakumo(m): 9:14pm On Aug 15, 2014
Fxwarrior:

He should thank Seun daily that this is a faceless online forum. If he should try this rubbish offline am sure his head should be on the floor by now.What nonsense.

Anonymous writing on a computer screen has never been enough to anger me thus far in life, and I cannot see that changing in the future.

Calm down young grasshopper, and let go of the negative emotions, for they serve no constructive purpose.
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 15, 2014
Fake story.
Obvious is obvious.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by onyeokwu: 9:26pm On Aug 15, 2014
i am sure you an igboguy and ur father must be igbo
may his soul rest in peace

but igbos re not supposed to die or defending this contraption created my lunatic lugard

last warning for all igbos serving in nigeria military

and any igbo who is still defending GEJ is the biggest fool

how many ijaws have lost their life for GEJ
we have been bombed in kano abuja niger, kaduna, chased and killed in borno, taraba, gwoza everywhere in northern nigeria
deported from the south west
and some foolish igbos and one nigerzooria are still putting their life in defending nigeria for GEJ

what has that fool that slowpoke done for the igbos?

how many ijaws have lost their life for this lunatic president ?

Bleep nigeria and 4uck anything that has to do with nigeria

i cant wait to pick up arm to destroy this zoo called nigeria to avenge all the injustice done to my people

foolish igbos, nigeria does not worth dying for

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 15, 2014
Rich4god: You can imagine... Assuming those soldiers deployed at Osun for election were taken to Borno, in addition to those on ground... BH would have been history by now...

DSS was deployed to Osun..

Moreover this statement makes no sense..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Imo State Versus Anambra Which Is Developed Nd Wealthy (views Needed) / Moves To De-Register LP Will Be Resisted With Our Blood – Awamaridi / PHOTOS: Biafra Members Waving Biafra Flag At RIO Olympics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.