Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,921 members, 7,828,205 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. (7798 Views)

Army Has Met December Deadline Of Defeating Boko Haram – Lai Mohammed / Sunday Akoji Claims Army Has Found Buhari's certificate / Army Has Buhari’s Academic Records, But Not Original Copies Of His Certificates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by tit(f): 9:37pm On Aug 15, 2014
This 3-magazine story again!

A few weeks ago, some guys here said the NA was limited to 3 magazines because of the pouches on their flak jackets.
I asked if they could not tape extra magazines on their guns, limbs, etc.
If this was protocol during the ECOMOG campaigns?
When did the NA start limiting its men to 3 magazines while on combat patrol?
The purveyors of this story walked back and denied it.
Now this 3-magazine story is back as a cause of death for this gallant NA officer.
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Pangea: 9:38pm On Aug 15, 2014
Accept my condolence my good man on behalf of your dad!
He was an hero, but i must confess that his avoidable death is infuriating!

To all the people whose dads, sons and other family members are in the north eastern theatre of war,
My candid advice:
If you are given two magazines for a patrol or an offensive,
Kindly resign immediately, or stock up with catapult!

All those asking for the picture of his dad,
Insanity and stupidity is in your genes angry
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by EasternLeopard: 9:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
Fxwarrior:

He should thank Seun daily that this is a faceless online forum. If he should try this rubbish offline am sure his head should be on the floor by now.What nonsense.

Hahahahahaha

You are funny

If you know who I am

You will deactivate your moniker

Becareful of comments made online so that you are not traced to provide evidence or face prison

Pls go through Chuckky234 comment and you will see him accusing GEJ of not helping matters

Is that what a soldier's son who has an ideal of military command structure say

Take a look at Sirius comments

He never accused the president but brought his attention to facts hidden by the military authority

All through Sirius thread, Chukky234 never directly or indirectly brought up this issues

The question you should ask yourself is why is he now talking

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by huptin(m): 9:49pm On Aug 15, 2014
I have never felt this sad for a very long time, may the soul of all gallant soldiers lost in various unnecessary strifes this nation has created rest in peace. Amen.
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by EasternLeopard: 9:54pm On Aug 15, 2014
tit: This 3-magazine story again!

A few weeks ago, some guys here said the NA was limited to 3 magazines because of the pouches on their flak jackets.
I asked if they could not tape extra magazines on their guns, limbs, etc.
If this was protocol during the ECOMOG campaigns?
When did the NA start limiting its men to 3 magazines while on combat patrol?
The purveyors of this story walked back and denied it.
Now this 3-magazine story is back as a cause of death for this gallant NA officer.

I tire ooooo

Why can't they buy a green or desert coloured bag and stock it with ammos

Am dissappointed in some people who believe any security story without first asking for evidence just because they want to see GEJ removed

This is the stupid mistake Borno elders made 3yrs ago when they asked GEJ to withdraw soldiers.

Today they are giving him ultimatum to end BH.
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Rich4god(m): 10:06pm On Aug 15, 2014
EasternLeopard:

NL is full of people who can set this nation on fire

That is why people like me decided to become more vocal in making sure their evil arrow is halted

Imagine some people using monikers that make them appear to be from one part of the country so as to use it to demoralise the people

When your father complained of poor equipment and 500naira allowance instead of 3000naira, why didn't you open a thread like SIRIUSBLACK to draw the president's attention.

I repeat

Give more evidence to convince us that you are not one of those who are here to set the nation ablaze.
Some people deserve to be in sambisa forest....
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Rufex07(m): 10:25pm On Aug 15, 2014
seaman007: 30 to 60 bullet for each soilder
whc is 30 multiply by 45
Is 1350 bullet

45 trained soldier won't shoot aimlessly
I rest my case
What is this one saying? You want to compare someone using a machine gun with countless ammo, rpg, more men and the likes and you are saying they couldn't fight. I'm not a soldier neither do I have friends who are, but saying they couldn't fight when they are surrounded with better ammunition is unpatriotic.
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by OCTAVO: 10:49pm On Aug 15, 2014
Mehn! See achievements. He died a hero and national achiever. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 15, 2014
chucky234: He called me some weeks back and was complaining about the poor and inadequate amunition given to them, in Liberia and Sierra Leone was more than enough bullets for them to fight with but here they are given 30 to 60 bullets each day.
The current Commander in Chief, GEJ is not helping the nation, just 45 solidiers engaged 300 insurgents in a fiearce gun battle for 2 whole hours yet no land or air backup.
The soldiers fought till they ran out of bullets yet didnt run away but chose to die, this country is not worth dying for.

Please, is it GEJ that calls for back up for the army?

Is it GEJ that assigns soldiers to duties?

Is it GEJ that plans war strategy?

Is it GEJ that gives bullets to soldiers?

My friend GEJ has his shortcomings but do not commit suicide because of your hatred for him.

You did not blame your father's commandant (or whatever). You did not blame chief of army staff. You did not blame the army generals but you are blaming GEJ for the number of bullets given to your father. Did GEJ tell your father's superiors not to give him enough bullets?

Get real my friend.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by tit(f): 10:56pm On Aug 15, 2014
jusRadical:

My friend GEJ has his shortcomings but do not commit suicide because of your hatred for him.

You did not blame your father's commandant (or whatever). You did not blame chief of army staff. You did not blame the army generals but you are blaming GEJ for the number of bullets given to your father. Did GEJ tell your father's superiors not to give him enough bullets?

Get real my friend.

Difficult to tell friend or foe.
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Demdem(m): 11:13pm On Aug 15, 2014
Jonathan remains a big curse to the Nigerian Nation.bringing sorrows, tears and blood to various households in Nigeria. So far, his administration has seen the death of so many innocent since the civil war.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Jakumo(m): 11:20pm On Aug 15, 2014
Demdem: Jonathan remains a big curse to the Nigerian Nation.bringing sorrows, tears and blood to various households in Nigeria. So far, his administration has seen the death of so many innocent since the civil war.

The beauty of democracy is that everyone is free to accuse the president any time it rains, someone breaks wind, or there is a traffic accident, without fear of arrest or prosecution for libel.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Yeske2(m): 11:21pm On Aug 15, 2014
He died a hero and a hero he is, stop wasting your time crying( I understand).God bless him and you too, It's well, at least, he died for a cause.
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Demdem(m): 11:23pm On Aug 15, 2014
Jakumo:

The beauty of democracy is that everyone is free to accuse the president any time it rains, someone breaks wind, or there is a traffic accident, without fear of arrest or prosecution for libel.

Theory.
Jonathan is currently in charge and the whole country is currently messier than he met it.
That is the practical reality. Deal with that.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Jakumo(m): 11:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
Demdem:

Theory.
Jonathan is currently in charge and the whole country is currently messier than he met it.
That is the practical reality. Deal with that.

Oh no problem there, as long as you don't get too upset about the reality that President Johnny B. Goode will remain Nigeria's numero uno right up until 2019 ha ha ha.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Demdem(m): 11:31pm On Aug 15, 2014
Jakumo:

Oh no problem there, as long as you don't get too upset about the reality that President Johnny B. Goode will remain Nigeria's numero uno right up until 2019 ha ha ha.

No yawa. More deaths for innocent Nigerians since u agree that his govt is synonymous to death. I hope none of ur loved ones fall into the statistics. Even at that, am certain that Jonathan cocck will still be enough to console u.
Infact, Jonathan till u are no more.
Demdem dey kampe.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Jakumo(m): 11:33pm On Aug 15, 2014
Demdem:

No yawa. More deaths for innocent Nigerians since u agree that his govt is synonymous to death. I hope none of ur loved ones fall into the statistics.
Infact, Jonathan till u are no more.
Demdem dey kampe.

No forovlen. E get as e be. Johnny B. Goode until 2019, no chaking.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by khiaa(f): 11:33pm On Aug 15, 2014
Sorry for your loss chucky234 I know how it feels, I lost my father in 2000. *Great big Bear Hug*
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by DeeMain(m): 12:03am On Aug 16, 2014
jusRadical:

Get real my friend.

GEJ is the Commander in Chief. Is this sentence too difficult for you to understand? The buck stops at his table, not the generals!

The rot and corruption in the military is just a microcosm of the larger rot and corruption in the society and all our institutions. And yes, that's GEJ's number one job function: making sure our forces are enabled and able to protect lives and properties to which he's sworn. When will he fix the military? When will he fix corruption?

A nation is being crumbled on its knees by mindless corruption and the President is living in denial, playing the ostrich, spewing inane trash like "Ordinary stealing people are calling corruption," and doing nothing to stem this viral odium. Of course, it's ordinary stealing that's going on in the military. Mtcheeew.

Abeg, this thread dey make me vex.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by DeeMain(m): 12:10am On Aug 16, 2014
Chucks234 my heart goes out to you, man. May the fullness of God's grace comfort you and your family, grace upon grace IJN.

RIP Brave one!
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by tit(f): 1:39am On Aug 16, 2014
DeeMain:

GEJ is the Commander in Chief. Is this sentence too difficult for you to understand? The buck stops at his table, not the generals!

The rot and corruption in the military is just a microcosm of the larger rot and corruption in the society and all our institutions. And yes, that's GEJ's number one job function: making sure our forces are enabled and able to protect lives and properties to which he's sworn. When will he fix the military? When will he fix corruption?

A nation is being crumbled on its knees by mindless corruption and the President is living in denial, playing the ostrich, spewing inane trash like "Ordinary stealing people are calling corruption," and doing nothing to stem this viral odium. Of course, it's ordinary stealing that's going on in the military. Mtcheeew.

Abeg, this thread dey make me vex.

you are actually repeating a racist view that blacks are animals.
that unless someone stands over them with a whip, they cannot get anything done.
Unless you stand over the accountants at the pension office with a whip, they would embezzle the money.
Unless you stand over the police with a whip, they will not prosecute the pension thieves.

That they are like children who should not have any responsibility.
One has to take care of them like a father takes care of his children.
That was the argument for enslaving blacks

And you have placed all Nigerians, not just the president
as someone has said earlier, it is not the president that issues rations,
in that position were we have no morals and are incapable of accountability.
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by chucky234(m): 3:09am On Aug 16, 2014
khiaa: Sorry for your loss chucky234 I know how it feels, I lost my father in 2000. *Great big Bear Hug*
Thanks baby bear.
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by chucky234(m): 3:12am On Aug 16, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Is your father Col. Agu?
No bro.
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by chucky234(m): 3:13am On Aug 16, 2014
komekn: Chucky234,

Deepest sympathy and condolences on your irreplaceable loss, your Father has indeed paid the ultimate price for this nation, over two decades has put his life on the line for this nation, without commensurate reward, without proper commendation I SALUTE YOUR FATHER, VALIANT SOLDIER OF NIGERIA

I empathise with tears for you, my Father was an officer in the British army but did not get into harms way to the degree of your Father, yet I remember moments of anxiety. I cannot even fathom what you're Father and your family have been through all these years.

I thank you on behalf of all Nigerians May your Father RIP Revealed Incredible Personality, that he was.
Soul lifting piece, thanks bro.
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by chucky234(m): 3:14am On Aug 16, 2014
asadike: Honey,i feel ur pains and i no wot u ar going tru but i want u 2 no dat ur dad was a very brave hero and he did nt die in vain. Pls take heart my dear and may his gallant soul rest in peace,amen.
Thank you my love.
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by chucky234(m): 3:21am On Aug 16, 2014
EasternLeopard:

NL is full of people who can set this nation on fire

That is why people like me decided to become more vocal in making sure their evil arrow is halted

Imagine some people using monikers that make them appear to be from one part of the country so as to use it to demoralise the people

When your father complained of poor equipment and 500naira allowance instead of 3000naira, why didn't you open a thread like SIRIUSBLACK to draw the president's attention.

I repeat

Give more evidence to convince us that you are not one of those who are here to set the nation ablaze.
I'll give you a piece of my mind when I'm done mourning, for now I'll pretend that I didnt see this debris you heaped here.
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Fxwarrior: 3:57am On Aug 16, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Hahahahahaha

You are funny

If you know who I am

You will deactivate your moniker

Becareful of comments made online so that you are not traced to provide evidence or face prison

Pls go through Chuckky234 comment and you will see him accusing GEJ of not helping matters

Is that what a soldier's son who has an ideal of military command structure say

Take a look at Sirius comments

He never accused the president but brought his attention to facts hidden by the military authority

All through Sirius thread, Chukky234 never directly or indirectly brought up this issues

The question you should ask yourself is why is he now talking

Its very clear you are delusional, insensitive and raving mad. I won't join issues with you lest you infect me with your stupidity.

Olodo 1 of Nairaland.
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 16, 2014
very wonderful profile ....something to be proud of...

high act of patriotism..

my condolences bro..you should follow in his step... let his legacy live on
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Vikky014(f): 7:31am On Aug 16, 2014
Ibnsultan: Your father is my HERO. My mentor. Some things these country is not worth dying for. But if we don't put our life's in line of fire. Who will
see dis soldier o,BTW op take hrt
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Vikky014(f): 7:36am On Aug 16, 2014
Abeg wic one is 3 magazine??
?
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Jakumo(m): 7:48am On Aug 16, 2014
Vikky014: Abeg wic one is 3 magazine??
?

The magazine na that small portmanteau wey soldier dem dey pack 30 bullet full am, come chook am inside dem gun to take fire Boko dem.

Na cane o, next time when you ask this kind question for we meeting.
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Vikky014(f): 7:55am On Aug 16, 2014
Jakumo:

The magazine na that small portmanteau wey soldier dem dey pack 30 bullet full am, come chook am inside dem gun to take fire Boko dem.

Na cane o, next time when you ask this kind question for we meeting.
hahaha,Tnx dear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sit-at-home: Business Owners Lament Lack Of Security / Osinabjo To Nigerians: Reject Politicians Using Sentiments To Get Power / Al Gore And Tipper Gore To Separate After 40 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.