Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,483 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Diamond Pet Food And Pedigree Food Which Is The Best? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Diamond Pet Food And Pedigree Food Which Is The Best? (10343 Views)

Best pet deal for today - 2 years old Pitbull for giveaway (conditions apply) / Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple / 13-year-old Keeps Python As Pet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diamond Pet Food And Pedigree Food Which Is The Best? by kajobo1: 9:30am On Aug 16, 2014
Diamond pet and pedigree food which one is the best.
Re: Diamond Pet Food And Pedigree Food Which Is The Best? by mayorall(m): 12:03pm On Aug 16, 2014
Know non of them. But Arion puppy/dog food from Belgium is great. My puppy grows everyday and looks different every 3 days. 15kg is #8500. Its a dry food that doesnt stress you.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Pet Food And Pedigree Food Which Is The Best? by ONWARDBABA: 6:05pm On Aug 16, 2014
mayorall: Know non of them. But Arion puppy/dog food from Belgium is great. My puppy grows everyday and looks different every 3 days. 15kg is #8500. Its a dry food that doesnt stress you.
plz how long can 15kg last and how old is ur dog

1 Like

Re: Diamond Pet Food And Pedigree Food Which Is The Best? by Mckandre(m): 6:05pm On Aug 16, 2014
mayorall: Know non of them. But Arion puppy/dog food from Belgium is great. My puppy grows everyday and looks different every 3 days. 15kg is #8500. Its a dry food that doesnt stress you.
post pics of this Arion dog food pls. what's the protein source (lamb, chicken etc )?
Re: Diamond Pet Food And Pedigree Food Which Is The Best? by mayorall(m): 7:35pm On Aug 16, 2014
ONWARDBABA:
plz how long can 15kg last and how old is ur dog

She is 3 months and two weeks. She takes 300g daily and water. Poos twice daily. Poos more on walk

Re: Diamond Pet Food And Pedigree Food Which Is The Best? by mayorall(m): 7:50pm On Aug 16, 2014
Mckandre: post pics of this Arion dog food pls. what's the protein source (lamb, chicken etc )?

Chicken.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Pet Food And Pedigree Food Which Is The Best? by Prodeegee(m): 2:33am On Aug 17, 2014
Diamond extreme is better than arion tho
Re: Diamond Pet Food And Pedigree Food Which Is The Best? by kajobo1: 9:13am On Aug 17, 2014
mayorall:

Chicken.
can I get for adults because this you show was for puppy,how long do your food last and how many times do you feed your dog.
Re: Diamond Pet Food And Pedigree Food Which Is The Best? by mayorall(m): 12:42pm On Aug 17, 2014
kajobo1: can I get for adults because this you show was for puppy,how long do your food last and how many times do you feed your dog.

There is for adult but guess its for supplement only. she consumes 300g daily. she eats standby twice daily and junks in the afternoon.
Re: Diamond Pet Food And Pedigree Food Which Is The Best? by Luvlagos(f): 6:03pm On Aug 18, 2014
You will equip yourself better by knowing what goes in your dog food. Dogs can't read ingredients but we can

Always always read ingredients listed on your dog food, as much as a lot of people are concerned about protein content " the higher the better does not mean it's good protein, the 30% you see might not be what you are getting in most case if you can't read food labels.

Most dog food with good quality of protein will cost more than food with by-product protein.

What to avoid or what to look for when purchasing dog food, is not just about you but your loved ones as well.

1 Protein- it must always be a named animal sourced protein e.g chicken meal, lamb meal, beef meal etc if there is fish it must also be named not generic ( fish meal) it must state e.g salmon meal, white fish meal , herring meal etc

Avoid by- products e.g Chicken by-products as they include head, feet, entrails, lungs, spleen, kidneys, brain, liver, stomach, bones, blood, intestines, and any other parts of the carcass not fit for human consumption,”

Meat by-products or meat meal. Both are euphemisms for the parts of animals that wouldn’t be considered meat by any smart consumer. The well-known phrase “meat byproducts” is a misnomer since these byproducts contain little, if any meat at all.

Meat meal can contain the boiled down flesh of animals we would find unacceptable for consumption. This can include zoo animals, road kill, and 4-D (dead, diseased, disabled, dying) livestock. Most shockingly, this can also include dogs and cats

Chicken meal, beef meal, lamb meal vs chicken, beef or lamb ( please note no by-products)

Chicken meal,lamb meal, etc according to the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO), is the dry rendered product from a combination of clean chicken flesh and skin with or without accompanying bone, derived from whole carcasses of chicken, exclusive of feathers, heads, feet and entrails. A meal in general is "an ingredient which has been ground or otherwise reduced in particle size.
Chicken meal is ground up chicken meat that has been carefully dried to a moisture level of 10%. The protein content is 65% and the fat level is 12%.
Regular chicken, lamb, beef contains about 70% water with 18% protein and 5% fat. So bear in mind that food labels are listed in order of weight so if your 1st ingredient list is e.g chicken, ground yellow corn,corn gluten meal,soy meal, wheat, rice gluten, rice, animal fat etc etc etc everything from 1st ingredient to fat source is what makes up the bulk of your dog food, bear in mind what will be left after the chicken is cooked & the water is removed?
Also note your plant ingredients Soy is a plant protein used by pet food companies to boost protein content and add bulk. Because plant proteins are less expensive than meat proteins, pet food manufacturers use them to increase profit margins. Common plant-based protein sources used in your pet's food include corn-gluten meal and soybean meal. So if we calculate all this before processing are you really getting your hard earned paid 30% protein?

2 Likes

Re: Diamond Pet Food And Pedigree Food Which Is The Best? by maxtum(m): 4:39pm On Aug 20, 2014
Guy...Diamond for Rots and Predigree for Bullmastiff with Predigree Can food!
Re: Diamond Pet Food And Pedigree Food Which Is The Best? by MongoAkoni(m): 11:15am On Sep 09, 2014
I haven't tired diamond nor Arion but pedigree was good (at least that's what I though).

My dog was perfect; she was active, strong and happy I was using pedigree and feeding her twice, after few months I noticed a little decline in her strength, the activeness started to turn into laziness and she became weak and so much unpleasant.

I went to a local vet and he told him to change her diet, so I felt maybe a change of the brand might work so I visited the super mart and upon sale person's recommendations I purchased JoJo Premium Puppy can food for a try.
Re: Diamond Pet Food And Pedigree Food Which Is The Best? by TheRonke: 5:23am On Sep 10, 2014
MongoAkoni: I haven't tired diamond nor Arion but pedigree was good (at least that's what I though).

My dog was perfect; she was active, strong and happy I was using pedigree and feeding her twice, after few months I noticed a little decline in her strength, the activeness started to turn into laziness and she became weak and so much unpleasant.

I went to a local vet and he told him to change her diet, so I felt maybe a change of the brand might work so I visited the super mart and upon sale person's recommendations I purchased JoJo Premium Puppy can food for a try.

Seriously? I've been using Pedigree for like a month… I guess I need to change then :/

So how was your experience with JoJo?
Re: Diamond Pet Food And Pedigree Food Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 10, 2014
Let me supply you arion at the rtae of 7500...nationwide.. 29E0D6F4 rott pups and boerbull from imported parents available...Godbless us all..the best is royal canin..very xpensive
Re: Diamond Pet Food And Pedigree Food Which Is The Best? by MongoAkoni(m): 11:04am On Sep 10, 2014
TheRonke:

Seriously? I've been using Pedigree for like a month… I guess I need to change then :/

So how was your experience with JoJo?

With first meal I saw a little change in her, and then it was the matter of time, I rushed to the market and bought 6 puppy can and 2 8-KG crunchy puppy dry foods packs.

It's been 7 months since I changed to JoJo and for 7 months Judie(my puppy's name) is more than just perfect, she's not only strong, active and happy, she's smart and health too.

I would recommend everyone to at least try their products once and then decide yourself.
Re: Diamond Pet Food And Pedigree Food Which Is The Best? by Seun(m): 11:06am On Sep 10, 2014
I prefer Jojo too. I looked through the ingredients and noticed that they supplement more vitamins. It also smells better and is made in USA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diamond Pet Food And Pedigree Food Which Is The Best? by TheRonke: 10:15am On Sep 11, 2014
MongoAkoni:

With first meal I saw a little change in her, and then it was the matter of time, I rushed to the market and bought 6 puppy can and 2 8-KG crunchy puppy dry foods packs.

It's been 7 months since I changed to JoJo and for 7 months Judie(my puppy's name) is more than just perfect, she's not only strong, active and happy, she's smart and health too.

I would recommend everyone to at least try their products once and then decide yourself.

Nice! I'm definitely going for it. Btw how much did it costed?
Re: Diamond Pet Food And Pedigree Food Which Is The Best? by mayorall(m): 10:50am On Sep 11, 2014
MongoAkoni:

can we see her photos.
Re: Diamond Pet Food And Pedigree Food Which Is The Best? by BolajiLagos: 1:46am On Sep 12, 2014
My Dog also uses JOJO. I Like using the dry one.
Re: Diamond Pet Food And Pedigree Food Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 2:06am On Sep 12, 2014
How can you compare diamond with all these cheap food in town? Diamond is powerful, arion bawo....arion is just cheap. Diamond is not even common. Royal canin and nupet re good food. New breeders take note.

2 Likes

Re: Diamond Pet Food And Pedigree Food Which Is The Best? by BolajiLagos: 5:45am On Sep 12, 2014
I beg You dont know what you are talking about. Diamond is rubbish !
Re: Diamond Pet Food And Pedigree Food Which Is The Best? by MongoAkoni(m): 9:12am On Sep 12, 2014
mayorall:

can we see her photos.

Here you go ... she's cute isn't she? kiss

Re: Diamond Pet Food And Pedigree Food Which Is The Best? by MongoAkoni(m): 9:19am On Sep 12, 2014
TheRonke:

Crunchy puppy dry food costed me around ₦6,200 (one 8-KG pack) and premium crunchy can costed around ₦230.
Re: Diamond Pet Food And Pedigree Food Which Is The Best? by MongoAkoni(m): 9:20am On Sep 12, 2014
TheRonke:

Not only that there are a lot of JoJo's skin care products too, lately Judie had some irritations and JoJo's Herbal shampoo helped.
Re: Diamond Pet Food And Pedigree Food Which Is The Best? by Mckandre(m): 6:51am On Sep 13, 2014
MongoAkoni:

Here you go ... she's cute isn't she? kiss
how old is she?
Re: Diamond Pet Food And Pedigree Food Which Is The Best? by MongoAkoni(m): 12:39pm On Sep 16, 2014
Mckandre: how old is she?

Around 14 months smiley
Re: Diamond Pet Food And Pedigree Food Which Is The Best? by Bizzyliss(m): 12:57pm On Mar 24, 2015
Diamond is very good for my cauacsian puppy
Re: Diamond Pet Food And Pedigree Food Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 25, 2015
MongoAkoni:

Crunchy puppy dry food costed me around ₦6,200 (one 8-KG pack) and premium crunchy can costed around ₦230.
MongoAkon u bad gan,Costed?
Re: Diamond Pet Food And Pedigree Food Which Is The Best? by wesleychidi(m): 6:35pm On Mar 27, 2015
Comparing diamond pet food to JoJo and arion is like comparing a Mercedes to a Kia.Although in d US and Europe diamond is not among d top quality pet food but innniaja its d King though Royal canin and others are trying to compete in terms of quality but JoJo n arion?its a no no when compared to diamond. Believe me,I know what am talking about.
Re: Diamond Pet Food And Pedigree Food Which Is The Best? by knyte(m): 11:07am On Mar 30, 2015
Well everyone has had their experiences with different dry feed and av tried a couple but nt diamond nd royal canine which i suppose re good too.. Been using arion for close to 2yrs nw and it has never disappointed me in terms of the costs, the duration which it can last, d aroma, d size of d crunchy compared to jojo for example has been superb.. You can check out my super stud rex and see wat am talking about .. I own other dogs by d way

https://www.nairaland.com/2220086/meet-rex-amazing-rottweiler

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Food Or Diet Is Best For A German Shepherd Dog / New Killer Insect Found In Indian / Don't Mistakenly Poison Your Dog(an Alert)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.