Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,590 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) - Literature (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) (87901 Views)

My Upcoming Blockbuster Series / Life On The Run Season 6: Life In Paris / Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by KingzPen(m): 9:24pm On Mar 23, 2016
bookj:
Nice story kingzpen, been following dis story since last year, came back to read 2day. Couldn't read episode 29 nd 30 on ur site, plsssSsssssssss post it here cos 31 is nt dat understandable

OK I will...

1 Like

Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by KingzPen(m): 7:28pm On Apr 12, 2016
bookj:
Nice story kingzpen, been following dis story since last year, came back to read 2day. Couldn't read episode 29 nd 30 on ur site, plsssSsssssssss post it here cos 31 is nt dat understandable

Visit www.kingzpen..com
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by KingzPen(m): 5:54pm On May 09, 2016
Just wanna bring this page forward... wink
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by KingzPen(m): 7:05pm On May 10, 2016
All my peeps are all varnished... My fault! I miss you guyz... cry
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by Idrhas(m): 6:56am On May 19, 2016
KingzPen:
All my peeps are all varnished... My fault! I miss you guyz... cry
update and peeps will run back
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by dhamiylhola(m): 12:43pm On May 19, 2016
Update....
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by KingzPen(m): 4:02pm On May 21, 2016
angry sad
Idrhas:
update and peeps will run back
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by kingphilip(m): 4:37pm On May 21, 2016
KingzPen:
angry sad
boss gudpm

Where you de since nw
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by KingzPen(m): 5:05pm On May 21, 2016
kingphilip:
boss gudpm

Where you de since nw
Been hiding from my FEARS...
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by kingphilip(m): 5:53pm On May 21, 2016
KingzPen:
Been hiding from my FEARS...
which is
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by KingzPen(m): 5:59pm On May 21, 2016
kingphilip:
which is
Coming back to continue this long abandoned story...
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by Idrhas(m): 6:22pm On May 21, 2016
KingzPen:
conquer the fear and update and pls, it shiuld be consistent
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by KingzPen(m): 6:29pm On May 21, 2016
Idrhas:
conquer the fear and update and pls, it shiuld be consistent
Thankz so much... I feel encouraged...
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by kingphilip(m): 6:58pm On May 21, 2016
KingzPen:
you are more than this I know

Just continue and you'll see the followership coming back in torrents.. The piece is a great one

One more thing consistency should be the bouncing back key so that you won't disappoint
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by KingzPen(m): 7:09pm On May 21, 2016
kingphilip:
you are more than this I know

Just continue and you'll see the followership coming back in torrents.. The piece is a great one

One more thing consistency should be the bouncing back key so that you won't disappoint

I need this exact words... I won't lie, my spirit is so lifted and I will make sure to drop an episode tonight... God Bless You Blood...
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by kingphilip(m): 7:26pm On May 21, 2016
KingzPen:

I need this exact words... I won't lie, my spirit is so lifted and I will make sure to drop an episode tonight... God Bless You Blood...
and bless you too boss

But don't be in a haste though.. But make sure to maintain the spirit so as not to disappoint

Thanks for bouncing back..

Missmossy (ur name come sweet for my mouth o) The continuation of this wonderful piece in now in sight
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by KingzPen(m): 7:30pm On May 21, 2016
kingphilip:
and bless you too boss

But don't be in a haste though.. But make sure to maintain the spirit so as not to disappoint

Thanks for bouncing back..

Missmossy (ur name come sweet for my mouth o) The continuation of this wonderful piece in now in sight

I can't thank you enough... I need this push to complete this work... Itz long dragged, but with your help I will finish it...

And we will all celebrate its success...
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by Idrhas(m): 7:38pm On May 21, 2016
KingzPen:
Thankz so much... I feel encouraged...
u're welcome mister
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by KingzPen(m): 7:47pm On May 21, 2016
EPISODE 32 (THE WELCOME-BACK EPISODE DEDICATED TO KINGPHILIP AND IDRHAS ET AL)

Screeeech! The driver of the black BMW sport jeep stepped on the brake, quickly, as it almost hit a teenage girl who hawked oranges on the pedestrian part of the road. The uncontrollable screaming from fearful eye-witnesses rent the air, and before nosy people could gather around, the driver zoomed off. They had no time to waste. The time Desmond ordered them to return with his culprit ticked on closer to a lost mission.

Now Ireti turned the ignition of her car to a start, shifted the gear to its initial speed, then stepped on the accelerator. She sped down to Lagos-Ibadan express way in less than thirty minutes, and just as she thought she had successfully made her escape, it dawned on her like a daytime magic as Desmond’s guys appeared like a phoenix from its ashes. Boom! The fender of their jeep crushed on the boot of her salon car, announcing the arrival of danger. Ireti peeked into the rear-view mirror and saw the two mean-looking men. Her pulse increased. She knew she had to do what she had to do in other to keep herself safe and alive.

Ireti swerved her car into another lane, then immediately increased her speed. She made good use of the side mirrors, monitoring the movements of these life-seeking agents. One could certainly tell that Ireti had watched ‘Fast And Furious’ more than once to be able to drive this good. At a speed of 190 kilometer per hour, she controlled the steering wheel with one hand and change the gear swiftly with the other, her gaze shuffling between the rear-view, the side mirrors and the road ahead. She never believed she could ever drive like this, not on a road that had consumed many souls due to reckless driving. Her mind wouldn’t waver, not now, as it toughened up whizzing pass faster vehicles. All that occupied her mind were questions of how she’d locate her uncle’s house, her desired destination and hiding place. Her uncle was a retired police officer, who had pitched his house at the outskirts of Lagos.

Now ahead of her lay a T-junction, what direction would she have to turn? Ireti quizzed herself over and over again within split seconds. This very minute she regretted why she hadn’t visited her uncle ever since she did four years ago. She got to the point of dilemma in no time and she wheeled her car to the left. And just few seconds after she made the crucial but uncertain decision, Desmond’s unrelenting boys veered into the same route. This road they drove on was under construction, and far ahead parked heavy trucks that prevented vehicles from passing through it to the other end; it was an impasse. Ireti got to this obstruction in no time. She alighted without even turning off the car-engine, then scuttled to the boot to pick up her luggage. A second delay would cost her a lot more than she had earlier imagined. The vicious treatment she experienced in Desmond’s house seem like a pinprick compared to what he will do to her this time. No, she couldn’t afford the price of being trapped again in Desmond’s den so she took off, finding her way through to the other side of the road.

“She’s gone!” The driver said to the other, as they approached Ireti’s car. “Oh my god, we are so dead. Damn, she is gone!”

“She won’t have gone any far, relax.” They stopped, then came out of their vehicle, rushing towards Ireti’s abandoned car.

“Come on, we have to be quick. This way. This way!”

Yejide opened the door to her one-room apartment. She hit the switch on, then asked Dede to come in. Quite convinced of the whole story about how the money came about, she had compassion on him and chose to offer him a roof over his head.

“You may sit over there.” Yejide said as she walked to her wardrobe, then she heard a squeaking sound. “Oh, that stool is bad, sit on the bed. Come on, feel at home.”

She thought she could give Dede a pinch of her trust, having listened to the precis of his family background and what drove him to his action. But something inside of her still doubted him. “I want to shower, I feel sticky. When I return we will continue our discussion.”

Dede gave a nod of agreement to erase any suspicion of his intending act. He planned escaping with the case of money before she return from the bathroom, looking with undivided attention where she kept it.

Now Yejide stylishly undressed, getting her towel tied around her waist. “Will you take a shower too? Or ain’t you hot?” She inched on towards the door.

“I dey alright.” He said after seconds of hesitation. “It’s even late already.”

“Okay.” Yejide picked up the bucket of water by the door and left the room.

Now Dede knew this night would be the longest night of his life if Yejide peradventure laid her hands on his abrupt escape. Against the consequence of his action, he stood to his feet and reached for the briefcase in her wardrobe. Unknown to him, Yejide stayed back behind the closed door, peeping through the key-hole to see his every step. He took the pistol she placed beside the briefcase, excitedly examined its metal body as this was the first time he had touch a gun.

He let out a grin.

She shouldn’t have trusted a total stranger within that time space. Oh, what was he going to do with the gun, and now the briefcase? Yejide looked around for any nearby object she could use for self defense. This desperate guy just couldn’t be trusted, now she believed her intuition. She tiptoed to the kitchen and grab a pestle. Just an accurate swing on Dede’s face would do the magic she wanted, and this killed the raging fear she nursed in her heart, inching on further to the door.

The fear soon resurrect, immediately, the bright enough environment became wholly dark. Power supply was interrupted!

She paused and remained on the spot for some seconds, straining her ears to listen to Dede’s movement. The squeaking sound from the opening door disturbed the pronounced silence. Yejide rushed forward with vigor, swinging the pestle at Dede’s hazy frame. Dede’s instincts caused him to duck, but his reflexes weren’t fast enough for the swift moving object. It hit him and he fell flat to the ground.

TO BE CONTINUED...

2 Likes

Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by kingphilip(m): 8:06pm On May 21, 2016
Nice and great come back

But I'll suggest a little summary of the piece though because I don't see to remember some of the previous post any longer and I guess others too might be in need of it

Sorry for the stress you'll have to go through though

Thanks for the continuation of this piece
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by KingzPen(m): 8:09pm On May 21, 2016
kingphilip:
Nice and great come back

But I'll suggest a little summary of the piece though because I don't see to remember some of the previous post any longer and I guess others too might be in need of it

I gladly will...
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by Idrhas(m): 8:31pm On May 21, 2016
kingphilip:
Nice and great come back

totally in support of th
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by KingzPen(m): 8:33pm On May 21, 2016
Idrhas:
totally in support of th
That I will do in no time... Thankz for been there...

1 Like

Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by afamjb: 8:55pm On May 21, 2016
kingphilip:
Nice and great come back

seconded....coz dust don almost full d part of my brain where on d run is stored....!! Welcome back kingzpen
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by Freeezzz(m): 10:36pm On May 21, 2016
How was holiday?

Good comeback by the way. Now, don't keep us thirsty no more. smiley cool
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by kodded(m): 4:29pm On May 22, 2016
nice
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by Idrhas(m): 4:55pm On May 22, 2016
Where is Kingzpen
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by KingzPen(m): 4:59pm On May 22, 2016
Idrhas:
Where is Kingzpen
He is here Sir... I will drop the summary of each episode today... I have no power on my system...

Pls bear with me...

I'm here to stay...

1 Like

Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by KingzPen(m): 5:00pm On May 22, 2016
kodded:
nice
Thankz Bro...
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by KingzPen(m): 5:01pm On May 22, 2016
Freeezzz:
How was holiday?

Good comeback by the way. Now, don't keep us thirsty no more. smiley cool

Twas a long absence... I won't keep you thirty or hungry...
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by kodded(m): 5:08pm On May 22, 2016
KingzPen:
Thankz Bro...
your website is down
Re: On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) by missuniverse(f): 5:09pm On May 22, 2016
The king with the golden pen,
na your eye be dis...

Welcome back

kingphillip ,its been a while

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience / Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette / Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.