Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,294 members, 7,839,444 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

UNIOSUN Shut Indefinitely Over Students Protest - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIOSUN Shut Indefinitely Over Students Protest (1410 Views)

Niger Delta University Closed Indefinitely Over Protest / Uniabuja Students Lockout FCT Minister Over Students’ Bus, Others / University Of Ibadan Shut Down For 2 Weeks Over Students Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNIOSUN Shut Indefinitely Over Students Protest by sapientia1(m): 11:30pm On Aug 16, 2014
The management of the Osun State University has
closed down the Ikire Campus of the university
indefinitely.
The management in a memo issued by the
Registrar of the university announced the
indefinite closure of the institution following an
all night violent protest allegedly embarked upon
by students of the school following the death of
their colleague in an accident.
The Public Relations Officer of UNIOSUN, Mr.
Oladeji Abokede, confirmed the indefinite closure
of the Ikire Campus.
He said, “The management has closed down the
Ikire Campus due to a violent protest by the
students. The closure is indefinite. We will inform
them when to resume.”
Also, OSBC, Directorate of Corporate Services,
said, Information filtering out of Ikire indicates
the closure of the Uniosun Campus in the ancient
town owing to an unfortunate accident involving
the Students of the University who were on
excursion.
“ A text message from the Institution had directed
the Students to vacate the premises indefinitely.
“Our prayers go to the families of the deceased
Students & we wish the injured God's healing
speedily. We also condole with the Vice
Chancellor & the University Management on the
sad incident.”

dailytimes.com.ng/article/breaking-uniosun-shut-indefinitely-over-students-protest

Re: UNIOSUN Shut Indefinitely Over Students Protest by sapientia1(m): 11:30pm On Aug 16, 2014
RIP David (binuyo)
Re: UNIOSUN Shut Indefinitely Over Students Protest by bbello28(m): 11:32pm On Aug 16, 2014
Tooor embarassed accidents kill faster than ebola
Re: UNIOSUN Shut Indefinitely Over Students Protest by Mhizsleek(f): 1:00pm On Aug 21, 2014
Toor. Only God knows when we are resuming. Anjola hope you are enjoying your holiday sha?
Re: UNIOSUN Shut Indefinitely Over Students Protest by DEGREE2466(m): 1:50pm On Aug 21, 2014
There is rainfall on nairaland today cool
Re: UNIOSUN Shut Indefinitely Over Students Protest by sapientia1(m): 7:58am On Aug 26, 2014
Mhizsleek: Toor. Only God knows when we are resuming. Anjola hope you are enjoying your holiday sha?
YES ooo Rachael, I'm enjoying it.....no exams for us sha, shey u know?
Re: UNIOSUN Shut Indefinitely Over Students Protest by Mhizsleek(f): 11:59am On Sep 03, 2014
sapientia1: YES ooo Rachael, I'm enjoying it.....no exams for us sha, shey u know?

Till when na. House don tire me sad
Re: UNIOSUN Shut Indefinitely Over Students Protest by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 03, 2014
Omisorreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee pdpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp embarassed
Re: UNIOSUN Shut Indefinitely Over Students Protest by sapientia1(m): 6:48am On Sep 04, 2014
Mhizsleek:

Till when na. House don tire me sad
Till further notice ni o!!! House neva tire me, at all
Re: UNIOSUN Shut Indefinitely Over Students Protest by sapientia1(m): 6:49am On Sep 04, 2014
Keneking: Omisorreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee pdpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp embarassed
what's wrong with him?
Re: UNIOSUN Shut Indefinitely Over Students Protest by Realbellz(m): 7:10am On Sep 04, 2014
Ikire guys I'm sowi 4u oo,but u free 2cme and join us 4 okuku campz *wink* pin:28bcd5f0 for more info
Re: UNIOSUN Shut Indefinitely Over Students Protest by sapientia1(m): 1:58pm On Sep 21, 2014
Realbellz: Ikire guys I'm sowi 4u oo,but u free 2cme and join us 4 okuku campz *wink* pin:28bcd5f0 for more info
lol, e shey ooh

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Neco 2014 Result / PCN Inducts 27 UniPort-Trained Pharmacists As V-C Unveils UniPort-Made Sanitizer / NDU 2015 Post-utme - How To Process/register Yourself Free Online [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.