Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

University Of Ibadan Shut Down For 2 Weeks Over Students Protest - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Shut Down For 2 Weeks Over Students Protest (6526 Views)

LAUTECH Shut Down As Students Protest Robbery Attacks (photos) / Uniabuja Students Lockout FCT Minister Over Students’ Bus, Others / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Of Ibadan Shut Down For 2 Weeks Over Students Protest by mukina2: 3:31pm On Apr 25, 2012
Following two days of protest by students of the University of Ibadan, UI over poor electricity supply to the institution, the university authority has directed that the institution be closed down for two weeks with immediate effect.

The school authority declared the closure after an emergency Senate meeting held between 3pm and 5pm Tuesday to appraise the situation on ground.

Although details of the meeting were not known at the time of filing this report, a source revealed that the closure has become necessary to abort the indefinite protest by the students.

The source stated that the school authority would have time to fix some of the problems the students have complained about and ensure that electricity is generated within the campus so that the students will have at least seven hours of uninterrupted electricity daily.

Source
Re: University Of Ibadan Shut Down For 2 Weeks Over Students Protest by Jeel: 3:40pm On Apr 25, 2012
Lol
Re: University Of Ibadan Shut Down For 2 Weeks Over Students Protest by Basics007: 3:40pm On Apr 25, 2012
Wahala de! My co-worker befriending one UI chic like that wont rest for the next 14days and nights
Re: University Of Ibadan Shut Down For 2 Weeks Over Students Protest by GboyegaD(m): 3:47pm On Apr 25, 2012
Naija and their usual ways. But na school authorities they generate power or where they protesting for the authorities to generate more electricity using the school plants cos I truly no understand their protest? Why not channel their complaint to the right authority?
Re: University Of Ibadan Shut Down For 2 Weeks Over Students Protest by sheyee(m): 3:53pm On Apr 25, 2012
Unilag is still open for UI students, where u ve uninterruptable power supply
Greatest Akokites
Re: University Of Ibadan Shut Down For 2 Weeks Over Students Protest by NovusHomo(m): 3:55pm On Apr 25, 2012
@GbyegaD: And the "right authority" will be the President of the Federal Republic, I guess.
Re: University Of Ibadan Shut Down For 2 Weeks Over Students Protest by MmuoOkija: 4:00pm On Apr 25, 2012
Basics007: Wahala de! My co-worker befriending one UI chic like that wont rest for the next 14days and nights

day 1. -

day 2. -

day 3. -

day 4. -

day 5. -

day 6. -

day 7. -

day 8. -

day 9. -

day 10. -

day 11. -

day 12. -

day 13. -

day 14. -

Day 15. - (He returns to work)
Re: University Of Ibadan Shut Down For 2 Weeks Over Students Protest by Seunakj(m): 4:01pm On Apr 25, 2012
Na school dey produce power?
Re: University Of Ibadan Shut Down For 2 Weeks Over Students Protest by Hopez456(m): 4:03pm On Apr 25, 2012
Yes oo we have been chased home for 2 wks, we hope things get better before our arrival.
Re: University Of Ibadan Shut Down For 2 Weeks Over Students Protest by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 25, 2012
NovusHomo: @GbyegaD: And the "right authority" will be the President of the Federal Republic, I guess.

and if dey channel it to the president it will be an insult on ijaw nation because ui in a sw school and d chancellor is not an ijaw man... We will see where tribalism will take us too in this nation
Re: University Of Ibadan Shut Down For 2 Weeks Over Students Protest by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 25, 2012
Musiwa,,:
when people start to insult me over the issue of the satellite picture , it show they are not well informed.

You see I have tried my best to save the life of millions of nigerian. You can see what is happening in the north.

here is ABU built by groundnut money and university of Ibadan built with cocoa money.. So the stupid false claim that oil is what nigeria economy depend on is false.

Look Ijaw people who have always made this claim, have only 1 tax office.. the igbos have just 11 tax office . the north has 40 tax office, the western niger have 41 tax office.

This is why Boko haram is bombing because state in the east have alway lied about having 75 oil well and and that lies, but the pictures shows it is false.

And the eastern have always head the finance ministry and refusse to give up power there..

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/144/abug.jpg[/img]

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/4264/54045045.jpg
oga are u working 4 nigcomsat!
Re: University Of Ibadan Shut Down For 2 Weeks Over Students Protest by sheyee(m): 4:19pm On Apr 25, 2012
But seriously, higher citadel of learnings
should be given priorities if there is power supply in that area/state.
Re: University Of Ibadan Shut Down For 2 Weeks Over Students Protest by All4sms: 4:22pm On Apr 25, 2012
lolz, instead of addressing the situation they now close the school, so that students will go to their homes and wait!!!!!, I hope they will not forget about resumption on the stipulated time, coz this what they want.
Re: University Of Ibadan Shut Down For 2 Weeks Over Students Protest by VNTI1: 4:33pm On Apr 25, 2012
Re: University Of Ibadan Shut Down For 2 Weeks Over Students Protest by otokx(m): 5:31pm On Apr 25, 2012
UI guys should stop acting like they are different from others; most places short of everywhere in Nigeria is experiencing acute darkness and persistent epileptic power.
Re: University Of Ibadan Shut Down For 2 Weeks Over Students Protest by VNTI1: 5:46pm On Apr 25, 2012
@otokx, that is why they are the first in everthing.
They do not want to accept it because everyone is accepting it. They want to change it. If you do not do it, nobody will. It begins with you. That's why, FELA, GANI FAHWENI, ADAMS OSHOMOLE are notable individuals today, they fight for a just course, not accept it because other people are afraid to protest.

I reserve praises for the UI students. Keep it up.
www.facebook.com/pages/Voice-of-the-Nigerian-Tertiary-InstitutionsVNTI/362095437154273

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Shut Down For 2 Weeks Over Students Protest by kenniology(m): 6:33pm On Apr 25, 2012
[quote author=Musiwa,,]

Edo State Adams Oshiomhole
Ekiti State Kayode Fayemi
Ogun State Ibikunle Oyelaja Amosun
Ondo State Olusegun Mimiko LP
Osun State Rauf Aregbesola ACN
Oyo State Isiaka Abiola Ajimobi ACN

None of this people will had ever become governor if God did not use me. I will not want to claim the glory because the word of God says all glory must be to God.
not even one of them will ever be governor, it is not a secret i want to say over the internet..

Even kwara state governor is my schoolmate. those who are claiming tinubu did this and did that and not God, do not know anything.. not for the internet.

even kwara state governor is my schoolmate. to show you i am not telling a lie. the kogi state election. the deputy governor is the brother of my junior in the university, the one who race in ACN is the cousin of my classmate, the one who ran for governor in ANPP is the cousin of my friend.
does that look like tinubu to you people. What does that tell you about me and God.
You see what we wanted to solve was the issue of the satellite pictures..
but some people now betray us, you can see how they beat people in akure... people felt betrayed by imposing nuhu ribadu on them.

This is why they call me Aare.. go and find out what it means.

You can see how many people who have been killed in the north so far..

I even went as far as trying to get USA congress members in both parties to see how far they can help.

A CLEAR PICTURE OF DELUSION OF GRANDIOSITY FOR MENTAL HEALTH STUDENTS..................
Re: University Of Ibadan Shut Down For 2 Weeks Over Students Protest by ayotundepaul(m): 7:37pm On Apr 25, 2012
GboyegaD: Naija and their usual ways. But na school authorities they generate power or where they protesting for the authorities to generate more electricity using the school plants cos I truly no understand their protest? Why not channel their complaint to the right authority?
it is not only electricity issue, scarcity of water includes
Re: University Of Ibadan Shut Down For 2 Weeks Over Students Protest by mygsmnairacom(m): 7:40pm On Apr 25, 2012
So, will there be electricity on campus by the time the students return?

In the next three months, I'll no longer be giving you cash; instead, I'll teach you how to fish https://www.nairaland.com/923056/smart-ways-reduce-extended-family
Re: University Of Ibadan Shut Down For 2 Weeks Over Students Protest by TheShopKeeper(m): 9:53pm On Apr 25, 2012
Time to go home and eat some akpu.
Re: University Of Ibadan Shut Down For 2 Weeks Over Students Protest by Tobbie9(m): 11:00pm On Apr 25, 2012
That's why I love my OAU where we can have up to 3-7days of constant power with only about 4-5 hrs per week of shutdown for maintenance purpose.GREAT IFE!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Shut Down For 2 Weeks Over Students Protest by doctokwus: 11:29pm On Apr 25, 2012
slimyem: WTF is this man yapping about?
'Satellite pictures by musiwa'
Welcome to one of the greatest consumers of valuable web page on Nl.I always say he reminds of a certain pest dat comes himself mr.nigeria.
@topic,everybody in dis country is adopting d lazy,unimaginative approach to solvin problems.There is a trend very peculiar to nigerian universities:any protest of any nature,evn if its 2 students carrying 2placards close to d adm office,d entire uni gets closed down& students gven "24 hrs" to vacate d hostels,in dis 21st century,I hail thee
Re: University Of Ibadan Shut Down For 2 Weeks Over Students Protest by AjiiSewedo(m): 8:36pm On Apr 26, 2012
Bad Government and Bad Leader! No water, No light and the school Authority is collecting money frm the student. Na Wahala ooo.
Re: University Of Ibadan Shut Down For 2 Weeks Over Students Protest by Cheggoon(m): 10:15pm On Apr 26, 2012
I kw na ZIKites and KATANGites to start dis protest.....
Long live Zikites...!
One love Katangites....!
Am proud to b a UIite...and a Katangite..!
Cos once a Katangites is always one..
MERULE say sooo...!
Re: University Of Ibadan Shut Down For 2 Weeks Over Students Protest by Wordsmith(m): 12:08am On Apr 27, 2012
Lol, Merule how far. Na Debo be this. Fellow Katangite and ex C-Blockite.

(1) (2) (Reply)

ASCI Holds Inter-School Quiz Competition To Mark Day of The African Child / Nairaland Interschool Debate Third Edition Elimination Stage Best Essays / Banking And Finance Project Topics And Materials For OND/HND/BSC/PGD/MSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.