Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,034 members, 7,838,584 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Is It Wrong Or Right For A Woman To Preach On The Pulpit? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong Or Right For A Woman To Preach On The Pulpit? (998 Views)

5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. / The Lie "We" Preached From The Pulpit.... / Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong Or Right For A Woman To Preach On The Pulpit? by golddeejay(m): 11:20am On Aug 17, 2014
Though i have read the bible verses before...1 Tim 2 v 11-15. These verses was again brought to my attention again by a woman preacher, though the preacher read 1 Tim 2 v 1-8, but i cant help but noticed the rest of the chapter, So from the these verses written by Paul the Apostle. Is it right for a woman to mount the pulpit to teach/preach. Or we can ignore these verses
Re: Is It Wrong Or Right For A Woman To Preach On The Pulpit? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 17, 2014
Very wrong , a woman is the glory of a man, and she is expected to be quiet, unless she is a prophets, who has been giving divine messages to utter
golddeejay: Though i have read the bible verses before...1 Tim 2 v 11-15. These verses was again brought to my attention again by a woman preacher, though the preacher read 1 Tim 2 v 1-8, but i cant help but noticed the rest of the chapter, So from the these verses written by Paul the Apostle. Is it right for a woman to mount the pulpit to teach/preach. Or we can ignore these verses

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong Or Right For A Woman To Preach On The Pulpit? by golddeejay(m): 3:46pm On Aug 17, 2014
Unibenstudent: Very wrong , a woman is the glory of a man, and she is expected to be quiet, unless she is a prophets, who has been giving divine messages to utter
reading those bible verses, paul ddnt put any exception. With that am thinking they are nt even meant to be prophets. But nw we see women becoming prophets and preaching the gospel becos God called their husbands.
Re: Is It Wrong Or Right For A Woman To Preach On The Pulpit? by golddeejay(m): 3:47pm On Aug 17, 2014
Unibenstudent: Very wrong , a woman is the glory of a man, and she is expected to be quiet, unless she is a prophets, who has been giving divine messages to utter
reading those bible verses, paul ddnt put any exception. With that am thinking they are nt even meant to be prophets. But nw we see women becoming prophets and preaching the gospel becos God 'called' their husbands.
Re: Is It Wrong Or Right For A Woman To Preach On The Pulpit? by SAMBARRY: 4:26pm On Aug 17, 2014
Men and women are equal in the sight of God.he made them both. STOP SEXISM.ITS ANNOYING undecided

preaching or pastoral work is not the exclusive preserve of men undecided
Re: Is It Wrong Or Right For A Woman To Preach On The Pulpit? by golddeejay(m): 1:42pm On Aug 21, 2014
SAMBARRY: Men and women are equal in the sight of God.he made them both. STOP SEXISM.ITS ANNOYING undecided

preaching or pastoral work is not the exclusive preserve of men undecided
nobody is being seximist...it would not kill you to read those bible verses before dropping a comment. Paul the apostle wrote like half of the new testament and those verses are credited to him. It is good to ask question and not just follow like zombie

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong Or Right For A Woman To Preach On The Pulpit? by Elijah78: 1:44pm On Aug 21, 2014
churches were meant to be what we called house fellowships. no pulpits were involve in early churches. the evention of man to make religion palatable is really amazing.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong Or Right For A Woman To Preach On The Pulpit? by JesusisLord85: 10:09pm On Aug 21, 2014
lol. Paul said this. Paul wrote that.
Foolishness.
If Paul had written "you may take your neighbours wife", you jokers would say it's fine on that basis.
Look to the Most High.
Re: Is It Wrong Or Right For A Woman To Preach On The Pulpit? by golddeejay(m): 10:55pm On Aug 24, 2014
JesusisLord85: lol. Paul said this. Paul wrote that.
Foolishness.
If Paul had written "you may take your neighbours wife", you jokers would say it's fine on that basis.
Look to the Most High.
But he didnt write that...i put a lot of restraints in replying people like u that are quick to use insultive words on a faceless forum. Even if u have not read ur bible deeply, u must have heard from your pastor that bible was written by these men thru God's inspiration. If you are saying we are shd discard what paul wrote...then you are saying we should discard like 1/3 of the new testaments. Am not in anyway religious but i read wide and i ask questions. The question asked is for intelligent and people with deep understanding to answer.

(1) (Reply)

Scientists Prove There Is Life After Death-picture / Who Really Is Jesus? A Prophet Or The Son Of God / Identifying & Tackling Religious Jerks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.