Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes (27240 Views)

If Today Were The Last Day Of My Life - Steve Jobs / 51 Most Inspiring Quotes Ever [ A MUST READ ] / Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes by JurassicPark: 4:43pm On Aug 17, 2014

With a life as storied as he had, it's no wonder that Steve Jobs is remembered not only for running an incredibly successful company, but for being tremendously outspoken.

He seemingly had an opinion on everything, and his thoughts often echoed his obsessive commitment to quality at Apple, whether on his approach to mistakes ("Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations"wink, or his attention to detail ("Design is not what it looks and feels like. Design is how it works"wink.

But he had plenty to say on deeper matters as well.
Here's a roundup of some of his more thought-provoking words, collected from various interviews and speeches.

"Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn't really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while."

"Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart."

"Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected."

"You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever."

"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it."

"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me … Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful … that’s what matters to me."

"I’m as proud of many of the things we haven’t done as the things we have done. Innovation is saying no to a thousand things."

"I think if you do something and it turns out pretty good, then you should go do something else wonderful, not dwell on it for too long. Just figure out what’s next."

"Getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life."

"Quality is more important than quantity. One home run is much better than two doubles."

"When I was 17, I read a quote that went something like: 'If you live each day as if it was your last, someday. You'll most certainly be right.' It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: 'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?'"

"I'm convinced that about half of what separates successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance."

"I want to put a ding in the universe."

Author:
DYLAN LOVE from BUSINESS INSIDER
www.businessinsider.com/steve-jobs-quotes-2014-4
Cc: www.entrepreneur.com/slideshow/233085

96 Likes

Re: Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes by Spaxon(f): 4:47pm On Aug 17, 2014
making. Sense
Re: Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes by jayjaybazz: 5:13pm On Aug 17, 2014
These are indeed words on mabble.

2 Likes

Re: Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes by ericoleon(m): 9:07pm On Aug 17, 2014
9ce 1 food for thought, relaxn and educative this should mak fp
Re: Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes by codedmax(m): 10:22pm On Aug 17, 2014
Nice Piece
Re: Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes by codedmax(m): 10:23pm On Aug 17, 2014
Such words would take you back into a broad memory of taught, finding that inner desire for self achievement.

4 Likes

Re: Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes by chuqudy(m): 4:01am On Aug 18, 2014
Great quotes. bookmarked. will read later with beer.

6 Likes

Re: Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes by birdman(m): 4:04am On Aug 18, 2014
I never liked Jobs' personality, but those are moving words

1 Like

Re: Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes by ggrin(f): 4:06am On Aug 18, 2014
ericoleon: 9ce 1 food for thought, relaxn and educative this should mak fp
FFOangry

1 Like

Re: Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes by segradino(m): 4:07am On Aug 18, 2014
With that mindset you can never get it wrong....

Check out the best MTN data plans for as low as 250mb for N400 on the link below.

www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-data-cheapest-rate#25391662
Re: Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes by justi4jesu(f): 4:07am On Aug 18, 2014
chuqudy: Great quotes. bookmarked. will read later with beer.

Funny u...so u can only comprehend the quotes with beer abi cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes by siverspooon(m): 4:10am On Aug 18, 2014
first to comment
I feel like .....

1 Like

Re: Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes by icebot: 4:16am On Aug 18, 2014
The most inspirational speech ever from the computer genius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1R-jKKp3NA

8 Likes

Re: Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes by megabyte2(f): 4:16am On Aug 18, 2014
Nice quote
Re: Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes by lilprinze: 4:19am On Aug 18, 2014
9c quote bt d 1 i like iz quality iz more important dan quantity
Re: Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes by femimike1(m): 4:20am On Aug 18, 2014
nice quotes .. good to start a new week with this quotes

1 Like

Re: Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes by sunnywhyt(m): 4:31am On Aug 18, 2014
Lovely quotes
Re: Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes by Nobody: 4:38am On Aug 18, 2014
Quotes from Nigerian first lady.

1.There is God o

2.All this blood you are sharing

3. I will rather kill myself than commit suicide.

I can't think of any others. I know there's more but anyway quote na quote as my people will say.

5 Likes

Re: Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes by obioraval(m): 4:50am On Aug 18, 2014
Nice one. Fp twice today within 5mins. Thank you Lord

1 Like

Re: Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes by Estimable(m): 4:56am On Aug 18, 2014
Inspiring quotes........
Re: Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes by flowjoe: 5:06am On Aug 18, 2014
siverspooon: first to comment
I feel like .....

Like changing ur network provider angry

8 Likes

Re: Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes by Rufex07(m): 5:06am On Aug 18, 2014
wow! he had done his part in this world, ours is to do better. Sleep well Steve.

1 Like

Re: Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes by uken73(m): 5:09am On Aug 18, 2014
A great inventor.
Re: Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes by madridguy(m): 5:13am On Aug 18, 2014
Nice one from my genius.
Re: Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes by Bankscody233(m): 5:13am On Aug 18, 2014
YorubaJesus: Quotes from Nigerian first lady.

1.There is God o

I can't think of any others. I know there's more but anyway quote na quote as my people will say.

Lolzz...
Re: Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes by venorite(m): 5:14am On Aug 18, 2014
The world misses Steve Jobs, one of a kind

1 Like

Re: Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes by MrBenSun: 5:15am On Aug 18, 2014
woah..I love this guy..still wondering why he got fired from the company he started himself; Shey that one fit happen for naija sha....
Re: Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes by mictima(m): 5:17am On Aug 18, 2014
once you are successful, people turn your words to quotes ... hmñnn!!!

12 Likes

Re: Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes by Ezyp(m): 5:24am On Aug 18, 2014
YorubaJesus: Quotes from Nigerian first lady.
1.There is God o

So funny I forgot to laugh....

7 Likes

Re: Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes by henryobinna(m): 5:24am On Aug 18, 2014
mictima: once you are successful, people turn your words to quotes ... hmñnn!!!
hahaha... you dey vex for them?
anyway its true oh.. poor men are not counted

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 / "Tribapay Dollar Card Is The Cheapest And Best At N705/$1" / Huge Revelations Made By Aliko DANGOTE At Economist Summit In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.