Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs (4703 Views)

Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather / Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes / Nigerian Women To Emulate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs by chy101: 1:51pm On Oct 07, 2011
NAN

October 7, 2011 11:59AM
Print print Email email Share Share

Gov. Peter Obi of Anambra, has told young scientists and entrepreneurs in the country to emulate, Steve Jobs, one of the founders of Apple Computers, by using their intellects in productive ventures.

``The vital lesson from the life of Jobs is the fact that those growing up should realise that one can become successful in life through engaging his intellect in productive venture.''

The governor in a statement on Friday in Onitsha by his Special Adviser on Media, Valentine Obienyem, described the deceased as quite ingenious and a source of inspiration to young people across the world, desirous of doing great things.

``Jobs is one of the greatest role models that had ever lived.

``Young Nigerian scientists and entrepreneurs, especially those from Anambra State, should emulate Jobs, and not those without day-time jobs prancing all over the place and causing problems,'' Obi said, until his death, co-founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Apple Computers Inc., He died on Oct. 5 in California, U.S.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5744645-146/obi_wants_young_scientists_entrepreneurs_to.csp
Re: Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs by Kobojunkie: 1:53pm On Oct 07, 2011
Yawn!! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs by kodewrita(m): 2:03pm On Oct 07, 2011
Triple Yawn!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs by Bawss1(m): 2:25pm On Oct 07, 2011
Quadruple yawn !
Re: Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs by samm(m): 6:26pm On Oct 07, 2011
Quintuple Yawn!!!!!
Re: Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 07, 2011
I laugh in alaba and onitsha market.
Re: Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs by chy101: 7:01pm On Oct 07, 2011
Anambrans are aleady churning out the best and brightest brain in Nigeria and Africa at large:

President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday described Anambra State as the brain base of Nigeria. He also promised to do something about the resting place of the late elder statesman, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe.
Addressing the people of the state, at the Alex Ekwueme Square, the president, who was in the state on a one-day official visit, said that though Anambra State was small in land mass, it is the biggest in the country, in terms of brain density.

Jonathan, was impressed with the state, especially the commissioning of two private industries in the state, and said the state has continued to play a leading role in the development of the country.
He commended the state government, under the leadership of Governor Peter Obi, for the giant strides it has recorded with its meager resources.

He said: “Today is a special day. I am here on a one-day state visit to see what the state government has done over this period and I am quite impressed with what the government has done, considering the resources of the state. We have commissioned quiet a number of projects, road projects. I’ve also commissioned a private company that manufactures vehicles and I am also to commission another private factory.
“When I commissioned the factory, I did mention to the people that Anambra State, in terms of land area, is a small state, but in terms of brain density, I think it’s the biggest state in Nigeria.

We have the brain and highly skilled people concentrated in this area; so I’m not surprised by what I have observed and even historically, we know the great names, whether you talk about politics, sports, academics. Definitely, great names from Anambra State will continue to echo.
“So today I’m here to join you to celebrate greatness and hard work, commitment, dedication and excellence. Let me sincerely thank all of you because from the time we came in till now, we’ve seen the warm reception; you have taken me as part of you, which I am. In fact, I was reminded that our father’s mausoleum has not been completed and we are going to look into that project.

“For my great people of Anambra State, I greet you and I assure you that we will continue to work together, continue to thank you for your support for us and to remind you again and assure you that in our journey to transform this country, I will not let you down.”
As a mark of solidarity and welcome to the president, business premises, markets and schools in the state, especially in Awka were closed and people came out in their large numbers to receive him at every community and point he either passed through or commissioned a project.
School children in their clean uniforms and Nigerian flag added colour to the visit, as they lined up along all the roads the president passed through, chanting songs of praises to Jonathan.

Also, governors of the nearby states, including those of Enugu, Ebonyi, Abia Delta, Edo and Akwa Ibom States graced the president’s visit,
President Jonathan, in the course of the visit, commissioned the Innoson Motor Assembly Plant, Adazi-Nnukwu-Obeledu-Oraeri-Igboukwu road, Agulu-Aguluzigbo-Igboukwu road built by Master Holdings Construction Company and Agulu – Enugwu-Ukwu-Nri road.
Others include NAFDAC Laboratory, in Agulu, Zik Avenue Road, State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) Complex, Juhel Parental Drugs Factory, Jerome Udoji Secretariat Complex, ASUBEB complex, General Out-Patient Department (GOPD) Building at the Anambra State University Teaching Hospital Complex and laying of the foundation stone for the hospital theater complex.
Re: Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs by PointB: 7:05pm On Oct 07, 2011
@Topic,

Very impressive. You never know who could be motivated by these pep talks. Encouraging young people to use their heads is better than asking them to rely on government or forcing them into almajiri kind of lifestyle.

Nigeria need scientists, not Boko haram terrorists!
Re: Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs by ak47mann(m): 8:00pm On Oct 07, 2011
Anambra will surprise the world sooner or later cool cool
Re: Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs by doctokwus: 10:59pm On Oct 07, 2011
C who is talking.What has Obi done as a gov of state to motivate anybody,talkless of d youths;doctors in d state on record breaking strike,teachers not paid,minimum wage not in sight and d CLOWN in VOICE and DEEDS talks of people emulating a genius.
Performance scale of 1_10 for gov Obi is 0.5
Re: Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs by stagger: 11:07pm On Oct 07, 2011
After having been in office for 6 years, in a state that boasts of the famous spare parts markets at Nnewi and the Mgbuka market, it is today he remembers that Anambra youths should emulate Steve Jobs.

What kind of governors do we have in this country?
Re: Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs by doctokwus: 12:01am On Oct 08, 2011
stagger:

After having been in office for 6 years, in a state that boasts of the famous spare parts markets at Nnewi and the Mgbuka market, it is today he remembers that Anambra youths should emulate Steve Jobs.

D east seems to b particularly worse off,10yrs of civilian rule and u can't find one single person dat has inspired or developed anything,dey only want to loot and do all manners of heinous deeds.
Obi's case is particularly pathetic and distressing,honestly everytime I stumble across d man,even on tv or newspaper pix,and hear his annoying,croak like voice,I feel like vomiting,honest.
Re: Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs by Princek12(m): 12:18am On Oct 08, 2011
Governors in Nigeria should emulate Governors in the United States; they Nigerian Governors need to stop embezzling money and use the public's money to create an enabling environment where citizens in Nigeria can develop their talents.
Re: Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs by igbo2011(m): 12:29am On Oct 08, 2011
Princek12:

Governors in Nigeria should emulate Governors in the United States; they Nigerian Governors need to stop embezzling money and use the public's money to create an enabling environment where citizens in Nigeria can develop their talents.

Yes they really need to start kicking out politicians who steal an sell all of their assets. Most governors steal because they know they will not be caught. Why are they so greedy? How many cars do they need? I wish I could govern a state for 8 years. I would turn it into the best state in the country. I millions would be hired in 2 years. It honestly is not that hard. Money doesn't buy anyone happiness but when people are raised out of poverty, that makes me happy.

Use the billions to build roads, power plants, educate all, free healthcare for pregnant women and children under 5. Also kick out all the useless politicians and the minister people who steal.
Re: Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs by eghost247(m): 12:32am On Oct 08, 2011
lol at all the folks yawning
Re: Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs by Nobody: 12:47am On Oct 08, 2011
sextuple yawn!
Re: Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs by k10: 12:56am On Oct 08, 2011
he should lead by example , he should first "use his intellect in productive ventures."
Re: Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs by nolongTing: 1:12am On Oct 08, 2011
Re: Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs by stagger: 1:24am On Oct 08, 2011
Corrupt governors are no more satisfied stealing in millions; now they steal billions!
Re: Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs by frankcimc(m): 2:01am On Oct 08, 2011
As if majority of those he was speaking to knows who Steve Jobs was. Dude provide education to this people and let their talent spring out naturally. talk talk talk everyday you no go do the work they ask you to do.
Re: Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs by otokx(m): 3:14am On Oct 08, 2011
Obi that refuse to pay a slave wage of 18k. Ngige would kick his butt in the next election.
Re: Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs by AjanleKoko: 5:19am On Oct 08, 2011
Stoopid Thieving Governor Syndrome at work. angry
Re: Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs by MrWhy1(m): 7:31am On Oct 08, 2011
Octuple Yawn!!
Re: Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs by cashmentor(m): 8:14am On Oct 08, 2011
D east are d Chinese of Africa, wobblin and fumblin in perpetual wast of abudance of skill, talents and creativity!
Re: Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs by Andrew3(m): 9:02am On Oct 08, 2011
The north has already started producing bombs, very soon nuclear weapon will be invented in nigeria angry angry angry
Re: Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs by Gbenge77(m): 11:55am On Oct 08, 2011
Good advice.
Re: Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs by renewnaija(m): 1:07pm On Oct 08, 2011
***Ninth yawner stretching*** (grumbling why this made front pg)
Re: Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs by hackney(m): 3:27pm On Oct 08, 2011
Govt Obi ,What support has the already existing young enterprneurs recieved by your govt?
Dirtbag looting bucket of scum.

This hypocrisy is why erosion wants to carry you.
ideoot.

tomorrow if an indigiene builds something, you will sabotage it and recieve bribe for chinese imports instead.
rabid dog.
Re: Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs by adconline(m): 8:01am On Oct 09, 2011
Anambra state civil service is on strike and this stupid governor is asking people to be like Steve Jobs. Why cant he be like governor of California- Jobs' home state where teachers and healthcare workers are not on strike.
Re: Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs by Basilona(m): 10:54am On Oct 09, 2011
yawns (50x)
Re: Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs by chy101: 10:56am On Oct 09, 2011
doctokwus:

D east seems to b particularly worse off,10yrs of civilian rule and u can't find one single person dat has inspired or developed anything,dey only want to loot and do all manners of heinous deeds.
Obi's case is particularly pathetic and distressing,honestly everytime I stumble across d man,even on tv or newspaper pix,and hear his annoying,croak like voice,I feel like vomiting,honest.

It is your governor and your state of origin is pitiable. At least Peter has done far more better and excellently than your mushroom and rural governor and state
Re: Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs by chy101: 11:00am On Oct 09, 2011
stagger:

Ewu! name your state of origin so that we can properly compare and contrast. Am sure you are from one of those back yard states, who only envy Anambra- the Light of the Nation for their success. Sorry I know you are one of the Anambra wannabes, but we won't accept you and your poverty.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Need A Dispatch Rider And Bike For Your Business? / Mturk Account Needed, If U Can Create 1 Come In / What Can 500 Naira Buy In Today's Nigerian Market?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.