Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,279 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Nigerian Foods That Worsen Stomach Ulcer - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Foods That Worsen Stomach Ulcer (142271 Views)

Ladies Stop Pushing Your Stomach To Your Bum (photo) / How To Use Unripe Plantain To Cure Stomach Ulcer / Stomach Ulcer: What is the effect? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Foods That Worsen Stomach Ulcer by KingsleyAni1993(m): 7:03pm On Aug 17, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]

I've been hearing about stomach ulcer and the accompanying pain that goes with it. But I never really knew what it was all about until I got diagnosed with it. Then came the severe, gut-wrenching pain and the frequent need for drugs and the attendant weight loss. The last part was okay, I guess cos am a fitness trainer and fashion model so I have to look my very stunning best. I did my research and also, from personal experience, I came to realize that certain foods i and all other ulcer patients consume are deadly to the stomach. So here they are :
1. Beans. This is the worst food an ulcer patient can eat because of its abundance of acids.
2. Garri.
3. Garden egg.
4. Pepper soup.
5. Spicy curries and soups.
6. Soft drinks and any other carbonated drinks
7. Alcohol
8. Cigarettes
9. Fried foods
10. Grapes
11. Sugar
12. Salt
13. Very hot foods.

Steer clear of the aforementioned foods and by the grace of God the pylori will be eradicated.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Foods That Worsen Stomach Ulcer by Dreal1247: 7:18pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ironically as it seems, ulcer patients that undergo deliverance with about five days dry fast get mysteriously healed without any trace of the ailment thereafter.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Foods That Worsen Stomach Ulcer by Noah13: 8:11pm On Aug 17, 2014
Seriously? These are what i consume on a daily basis
Re: Nigerian Foods That Worsen Stomach Ulcer by KingsleyAni1993(m): 8:27pm On Aug 17, 2014
Like seriously like duh. And do you have ulcer?
Re: Nigerian Foods That Worsen Stomach Ulcer by Burger01(m): 8:33pm On Aug 17, 2014
With all the listed foods, what is left for man pikin to eat

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Foods That Worsen Stomach Ulcer by KingsleyAni1993(m): 9:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
Noah13: Seriously? These are what i consume on a daily basis

Eat fruits
Re: Nigerian Foods That Worsen Stomach Ulcer by goldenluve(m): 4:52pm On Aug 17, 2017
Can an ulcer patient eat moi moi? And what if the beans is well cooked to soften.
Re: Nigerian Foods That Worsen Stomach Ulcer by Teegirl101(f): 3:31am On Aug 20, 2017
goldenluve:
Can an ulcer patient eat moi moi? And what if the beans is well cooked to soften.

Hi, moimoi is ok (doesn't seem to react on me and a family member). I can't take unpeeled cooked beans, however moimoi seems to go well wt me.
My mum adds less pepper, garlic, g.oil, ginger salt and seasoning *knorr* wt fish (smoked or boiled titus). My portion is seperated from the rest though. I guess she adds less of d above but most Importantly less pepper.
Living wt ulcer for over 20yrs sadly (duodenual and chronic). Keeping to strict diet helps alot

Avoid highly starchy foods....eba, fufu etc. Spicy and chilli foods, oily(No fried food esp dry fried--meat, chinchin, crisps), salty and sugary foods are NO NO. Avoid eating outside or ready made meals esp factory packed. I hope this helps.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Foods That Worsen Stomach Ulcer by Partnerbiz3: 2:33pm On Aug 25, 2017
Teegirl101:

Hi, moimoi is ok (doesn't seem to react on me and a family member). I can't take unpeeled cooked beans, however moimoi seems to go well wt me.
My mum adds less pepper, garlic, g.oil, ginger salt and seasoning *knorr* wt fish (smoked or boiled titus). My portion is seperated from the rest though. I guess she adds less of d above but most Importantly less pepper.
Living wt ulcer for over 20yrs sadly (duodenual and chronic). Keeping to strict diet helps alot

Avoid highly starchy foods....eba, fufu etc. Spicy and chilli foods, oily(No fried food esp dry fried--meat, chinchin, crisps), salty and sugary foods are NO NO. Avoid eating outside or ready made meals esp factory packed. I hope this helps.
Pls.what makes u think eba will be bad for ulcer?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Foods That Worsen Stomach Ulcer by Teegirl101(f): 1:37am On Aug 30, 2017
Partnerbiz3:

Pls.what makes u think eba will be bad for ulcer?
The acidic level. You don't wanna risk a trial. Despite my initial love for chilled water swirled in fine grain dry garri with nicely roasted g.nuts....yum cheesy.....I dare not take a spoon now.NOTE ulcer kills

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Foods That Worsen Stomach Ulcer by Partnerbiz3: 9:02am On Aug 30, 2017
Teegirl101:

The acidic level. You don't wanna risk a trial. Despite my initial love for chilled water swirled in fine grain dry garri with nicely roasted g.nuts....yum cheesy.....I dare not take a spoon now.NOTE ulcer kills
Garri acidic?

Don't think so dear.. that is, scientifically, although you may be allergic to it.
Re: Nigerian Foods That Worsen Stomach Ulcer by femi4: 12:58pm On Sep 27, 2017
Partnerbiz3:

Garri acidic?

Don't think so dear.. that is, scientifically, although you may be allergic to it.
processed cassava is acidic

Carbohydrate foods such as cassava, yam, cocoyam, plantain, bananas, maize in their raw form, semi-processed and processed forms like garri, cassava flour, yam flour (amala), maize flour, are a common feature of the diet of most Nigerian communities. These foods are acidic. There is a general tendency among living organisms especially humans, towards the consumption of acidic food items. (Susan, 2000; Young and Young, 2002). However the human race, in its quest for longevity, struggles, just as the cells do, to maintain a safe pH balance until death (Halprin and Goldstein, 1999).
Re: Nigerian Foods That Worsen Stomach Ulcer by OliveCynosure(f): 1:00pm On Sep 27, 2017
Dreal1247:
Ironically as it seems, ulcer patients that undergo deliverance with about five days dry fast get mysteriously healed without any trace of the ailment thereafter.

Huh?
Re: Nigerian Foods That Worsen Stomach Ulcer by OliveCynosure(f): 1:01pm On Sep 27, 2017
KingsleyAni1993:
[color=#000099][/color]

I've been hearing about stomach ulcer and the accompanying pain that goes with it. But I never really knew what it was all about until I got diagnosed with it. Then came the severe, gut-wrenching pain and the frequent need for drugs and the attendant weight loss. The last part was okay, I guess cos am a fitness trainer and fashion model so I have to look my very stunning best. I did my research and also, from personal experience, I came to realize that certain foods i and all other ulcer patients consume are deadly to the stomach. So here they are :
1. Beans. This is the worst food an ulcer patient can eat because of its abundance of acids.
2. Garri.
3. Garden egg.
4. Pepper soup.
5. Spicy curries and soups.
6. Soft drinks and any other carbonated drinks
7. Alcohol
8. Cigarettes
9. Fried foods
10. Grapes
11. Sugar
12. Salt
13. Very hot foods.

Steer clear of the aforementioned foods and by the grace of God the pylori will be eradicated.

Wetin we go kum chop?

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Foods That Worsen Stomach Ulcer by Partnerbiz3: 5:12pm On Sep 27, 2017
femi4:
processed cassava is acidic

Carbohydrate foods such as cassava, yam, cocoyam, plantain, bananas, maize in their raw form, semi-processed and processed forms like garri, cassava flour, yam flour (amala), maize flour, are a common feature of the diet of most Nigerian communities. These foods are acidic. There is a general tendency among living organisms especially humans, towards the consumption of acidic food items. (Susan, 2000; Young and Young, 2002). However the human race, in its quest for longevity, struggles, just as the cells do, to maintain a safe pH balance until death (Halprin and Goldstein, 1999).
Another junk from google.
Compare research especially from proven medical journals.

Even banana acidic?
Imagine! Gross.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Foods That Worsen Stomach Ulcer by femi4: 6:14pm On Sep 27, 2017
Partnerbiz3:

Even banana acidic?
Imagine! Gross.
Olodo! How can a processed food be alkaline

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Foods That Worsen Stomach Ulcer by Partnerbiz3: 6:20pm On Sep 27, 2017
femi4:
Olodo! How can a processed food be alkaline

Partnerbiz3:

Even banana acidic?
Imagine! Gross.
Banana, a processed food?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Foods That Worsen Stomach Ulcer by femi4: 6:28pm On Sep 27, 2017
Partnerbiz3:

Banana, a processed food?
I was referring to cassava. Check Banana's pH before you disgrace yourself. I no get strength for argument

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Foods That Worsen Stomach Ulcer by Partnerbiz3: 8:35pm On Sep 27, 2017
femi4:
I was referring to cassava. Check Banana's pH before you disgrace yourself. I no get strength for argument
Same ignorance. Checking the ph on the outside and not upon digestion.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Foods That Worsen Stomach Ulcer by samuelakanni: 4:15pm On Oct 11, 2017
can I take palm oil soup
Re: Nigerian Foods That Worsen Stomach Ulcer by Adetona190: 5:06pm On May 01, 2018
@Femi, We are talking about foods for an Ulcer patient, but Alas! Banana is good for Ulcer sir, Banana, carrot, Apple

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Foods That Worsen Stomach Ulcer by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 07, 2018
Can I leak paw paw because my Ulcer is disturbing me

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Foods That Worsen Stomach Ulcer by cupid4ig(m): 3:00pm On Sep 17, 2018
Pls guys go and look for pepkit it’s an ulcer drugs and 1 dosage is for 7days. If u take this drugs and instructed without missing anyone at anything ur ulcer will heal. I went to hospital and after all the tests dr confirmed I no longer have ulcer. I can eat anything now

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Foods That Worsen Stomach Ulcer by justcare99: 4:43pm On Dec 02, 2018
cupid4ig:
Pls guys go and look for pepkit it’s an ulcer drugs and 1 dosage is for 7days. If u take this drugs and instructed without missing anyone at anything ur ulcer will heal. I went to hospital and after all the tests dr confirmed I no longer have ulcer. I can eat anything now

I don't understand you by say without missing anyone at anything.please be more precise and comprehensive
Re: Nigerian Foods That Worsen Stomach Ulcer by nowpresence(f): 5:30pm On Dec 02, 2018
is pineapple acidic
Re: Nigerian Foods That Worsen Stomach Ulcer by cupid4ig(m): 6:42pm On Dec 02, 2018
nowpresence:
is pineapple acidic
very very

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Foods That Worsen Stomach Ulcer by cupid4ig(m): 6:45pm On Dec 02, 2018
justcare99:

I don't understand you by say without missing anyone at anything.please be more precise and comprehensive
the pepkit contains 7cards inside one packet. One card contains 2dosage. U will take one card each day, one in the morning and one at night. Don’t skip or miss any dosage if u want it to work. I eat everything now including pineapples and oranges and alcohol too. The last lab I went for confirmed I don’t have ulcer again
Re: Nigerian Foods That Worsen Stomach Ulcer by nowpresence(f): 7:14am On Dec 03, 2018
cupid4ig:
very very
I react to pineapple alot. I have acid reflux

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Foods That Worsen Stomach Ulcer by cupid4ig(m): 7:56am On Dec 03, 2018
nowpresence:

I react to pineapple alot. I have acid reflux
avoid it for now
Re: Nigerian Foods That Worsen Stomach Ulcer by Obidikejr(m): 2:50pm On Jan 27, 2019
nowpresence:
is pineapple acidic
pls don't
Re: Nigerian Foods That Worsen Stomach Ulcer by tuniphlex1: 8:53pm On Mar 05, 2019
maybe you shoould check out the power of okra soups for stomach ulcer in this article here https://www.myhealthgist.com.ng/2019/03/soups-for-stomach-ulcers-okra-soup-as.html

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19 In Ecuador: Cardboard Coffins, Over 100 Bodies Litter The Streets / Is There Any Negative Health Effect Of Sucking & Licking Your Lady's Virgina / How To Cure Apollo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.