Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,165 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch (3694 Views)

Military Treated Buhari Badly Under PDP — Presidency / Finally CNN Reports The Biafran Truth / Presidency Plan To Take Over OTA Farms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:20pm On Aug 17, 2014
The leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party and the Presidency may be planning a shocker for the former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crime Commission, Mallam Nuhu Ribadau.

Ribadu has defected from his party, the All Progressives Congress to the ruling party with the aim of contesting the governorship election in Adamawa State on October 11, 2014.

However, investigations by our correspondents showed that the Presidency and the national leadership of the party had perfected plans not to give special treatment to Ribadu among other governorship aspirants.

Ribadu, it was gathered, would be asked to be ready to take part in the party’s primaries like any other aspirants.

Ahead of governorship election in the state, the PDP has fixed its ward congress for September 1, while the party primary is said to have been fixed for the middle of September.

It was learnt that the party and the Presidency were planning to just use his influence and his integrity to curry favour both locally and internally because of the perceived inability of the government to fight corruption in the country.

This perception, it was gathered, was affecting the rating of the government, especially before the international community.

A Presidency source said, “Let him come and join us. He has said on many occasions that PDP is a corrupt party full of corrupt people. Let him come and be part of us. We will welcome him.”

It was also learnt that the party is not planning to hold any special meeting of its National Executive Committee in order to give Ribadu and other defectors the much needed waivers.

http://www.punchng.com/news/pdp-presidency-plan-shocker-for-ribadu/
Re: PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:21pm On Aug 17, 2014
Siddon dey look na im we dey tongue

6 Likes

Re: PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch by stebell(m): 9:25pm On Aug 17, 2014
Nwaniba hw fa

4 Likes

Re: PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 17, 2014
Riabadu is a learner because this is somebody that indicted patience Jonathan in 2006 of corruption and he still went back to dine with the husband of such woman. Seems he isn't as genius as he portrayed himself.

11 Likes

Re: PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 17, 2014
supporters of APC APC in active propaganda.
APC IS SYNONIMOUS WITH LIES.

Na wa o. So Punch is now the APC OFFICIAL NEWSPAPER?

21 Likes

Re: PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch by CircleOfWilis: 9:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
Bad luck ribadu
Re: PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch by EdCure: 9:32pm On Aug 17, 2014
I think they've perfected plans to give it to him. They just want the whole thing to have some appearance of "due process".

2 Likes

Re: PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:37pm On Aug 17, 2014
EdCure: I think they've perfected plans to give it to him. They just want the whole thing to have some appearance of "due process".

You can never Tell! Let's keep our fingers crossed!
Re: PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch by ayukdaboss(m): 9:38pm On Aug 17, 2014
emmydeep: supporters of APC APC in active propaganda.
APC IS SYNONIMOUS WITH LIES.

Na wa o. So Punch is now the APC OFFICIAL NEWSPAPER?
Punch the official APC newspaper? Chai...some people have no sniarb <--- lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch by Gboliwe: 9:47pm On Aug 17, 2014
Well, let the best man win.
Re: PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch by EdCure: 9:52pm On Aug 17, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Jonathan is in dire need of a politician with integrity as Ribadu, he's very desperate and ready to spend infinite political resources to keep such on his camp. I don't think he can afford to lose or sideline the young man.
The only people available for his use have been men of questionable character, indicted for one or two crimes. The thugish dunce can do a whole lot with a "good" guy on his side.

3 Likes

Re: PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:54pm On Aug 17, 2014
EdCure:
Jonathan is in dire need of a politician with integrity as Ribadu, he's very desperate and ready to spend infinite political resources to keep such on his camp. I don't think he can afford to lose or sideline the young man.
The only people available for his use have been men of questionable character, indicted for one or two crimes. The thugish dunce can do a whole lot with a "good" guy on his side.

You maybe right but the politicking within the state PDP may consume Ribadu!
Re: PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch by atlwireles: 9:56pm On Aug 17, 2014
So having an open primary, where the best candidate wins, is now a crime?

9 Likes

Re: PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch by ede1(m): 9:57pm On Aug 17, 2014
We need real politicians in this country, not men that do not stand for anything eg FFK and RIBADU.

4 Likes

Re: PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch by EdCure: 10:05pm On Aug 17, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

You maybe right but the politicking within the state PDP may consume Ribadu!
I hope it does... and I hope they all fail.

Ribadu opted to join the group of evil. Evil communication corrupts good manners, you know!

5 Likes

Re: PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:13pm On Aug 17, 2014
EdCure:

Ribadu opted to join the group of evil. Evil communication corrupts good manners, you know!

The signs are not looking good for Ribadu unless there is a Direct intervention by jonathan himself using the instruments of power but that would drastically reduce jonathan support in Adamawa come 2015! Remember some aspirants have been preparing for this race since 2011!

Like I said let's keep watching the turncoat!

4 Likes

Re: PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 17, 2014
ede1: We need real politicians in this country, not men that do not stand for anything eg FFK and RIBADU.
So FFK & RIBADU only stand for something if they continue to be with political coupist like apc pdp defectors & insubordinate governors & vps.
It is only a fool that beds with unhealthy & treahreous bedfellows who bite the fingers that fed them. Congrats RIBADU.

5 Likes

Re: PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch by teskyg: 10:41pm On Aug 17, 2014
APC usual propaganda.The shame if losing one if her prize asset is to much for them to bear.Wise men like Ribadu has come to term with the evil supporter of APC plot and choose to wash his hand off.APC. Will crash soon in Tinubu and his evil slaves.I can imagine how El-Rufai is taken this upper cut from his right hand Man.

8 Likes

Re: PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 17, 2014
I just pray the umbrella can protect Ribadu from yola's hot sun.

1 Like

Re: PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch by shizzle11(m): 10:49pm On Aug 17, 2014
PDP has always been known to conduct primaries and not give a wild card to any member wink tongue
Re: PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch by Nctrice(m): 10:54pm On Aug 17, 2014
"he said we are corrupt... Let him come and join us"

1 Like

Re: PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch by thunderrider: 10:57pm On Aug 17, 2014
Re: PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch by BishopMagic: 11:08pm On Aug 17, 2014
There is no automatic ticket or consensus candidate in PDP as is the norm in the APC

That is the message the PDP is telling Ribadu
Re: PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch by deeobserver209(m): 11:24pm On Aug 17, 2014
That's what makes PDP different from other political parties. smiley Just because a high profile person like Ribadu joined PDP doesn't mean he will get the automatic ticket. That will be unfair to other party members. Everyone will have to undergo primaries.
I guess this is the Lamentation threads the supporters of APC open to console themselves. grin

6 Likes

Re: PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:56pm On Aug 17, 2014
EdCure:

lol APC are full of saints abi Ribadu left the bigger evil to join the lesser one

4 Likes

Re: PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:27am On Aug 18, 2014
#Marks register, runs back 2 waitin cab then zooms off#
Re: PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch by BrokenTV: 5:50am On Aug 18, 2014
Ngwere akwuna and Edcure no go kill person for this Nairaland .

1 Like

Re: PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch by Tunjasko(m): 5:57am On Aug 18, 2014
Like Soludo....Like Ribadu....dese men are just baby politician new to d game

1 Like

Re: PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch by ofala(m): 6:01am On Aug 18, 2014
Ribadu in serious "romance" with "his" enemies because of his shalow-mindedness......Goodluck man!!!
Re: PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch by egbaguy: 6:17am On Aug 18, 2014
even if he doesnt get the guber ticket,dude wnt completely lose out........jona will compensate him. He may be given chairman NE jonah re election campaigned. Then the credible and former anti corruption czar will tell the whole world jona is the best thing after jesus christ. After which ribadu will be gven ministerial,ambassadorial positn. Or even board chairman of a fg parastatal. The man has a family to feed,u knw. Shameless iidiot

3 Likes

Re: PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch by M0GIDI: 6:31am On Aug 18, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

So you have fingers, why do you type with your feet then?
Re: PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 18, 2014
EdCure:

(1) (2) (Reply)

South West Votes Is Irrelevant In Nigeria Politics / WAR: Pro-biafra Activists Have Done The Unthinkable Again (photos / 5 Beautiful Wives Of Our Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.