Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,337 members, 7,836,404 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August - Sports (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August (95650 Views)

Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (4 - 0) U-20 World Cup On June 4th 2015 / Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 / Korea V Nigeria (1-2): FIFA U-20 Women's WC On August 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August by Havilah93(m): 12:14am On Aug 21, 2014
12 minutes gone

Germany 1-0 France
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August by Nobody: 12:15am On Aug 21, 2014
Bright Dike on twitter: "Nigeria and @CourtneyDike just too much for Korea! I definitely have to come watch her play live in the U20 World Cup Final"

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August by Havilah93(m): 12:17am On Aug 21, 2014
CFCfan: Bright Dike on twitter: "Nigeria and @CourtneyDike just too much for Korea! I definitely have to come watch her play live in the U20 World Cup Final"

That'd be great!

The girls need all the support
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 21, 2014
Havilah93:

That'd be great!

The girls need all the support
Very true. Meanwhile since the blast of the final whistle, Oshoala don get 18 new twitter followers cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August by fujirice: 12:27am On Aug 21, 2014
Watching Ger vs Fra at the moment. Its like France's already spent everything on the group stages.
Germany teaching them how its done.....lol!
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August by Nobody: 12:27am On Aug 21, 2014
Full list of records created by the Falconets:

- The 3 fastest goals in this year's tournament, and the fastest goal ever scored in a FIFA Women's tournament (Courtney Dike 12secs, Oshoala 31secs, Courtney Dike 64 secs)

- The most goals scored by an African team in a women's U-20 WC

- Most goals scored so far in this tourney (15)

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August by rman: 12:29am On Aug 21, 2014
ooseven:

Kai, so you have resolved to live a bitter life. See sweet victory, you say na bad belle you go use sleep. E really pain me for you.

[img]http://nrvliving.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c36d553ef00e55399efed8833-320wi[/img]

This not about bad belle or bitter life but the truth.

We have won the under 17 world cup 4 times, more than any other country, Brazil thrice, Ghana and Mexico twice.

Out of all these countries that have won it more than once, only Brazil has won the senior world cup twice since U17 started. All the others have not even made the semi finals.

Guess what; Germany, Spain, Holland and Italy has never won the U17 world cup but it is only Holland that has not won the senior world cup since 1995. Holland has played in the finals and semis once.

So what happened to this dominant Junior national teams that is not transferable to the seniors? How come Saudi Arabia has won under 17 world but have struggled to qualify or even record victories at senior level?

QUITE SIMPLE BRO, AGE CHEAT!!!

No other nation has produced or recorded the number of stars at junior level that is not transferable beyond that level like Nigeria and Ghana.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August by fujirice: 12:32am On Aug 21, 2014
rman:

This not about bad belle or bitter life but the truth.

We have won the under 17 world cup 4 times, more than any other country, Brazil thrice, Ghana and Mexico twice.

Out of all these countries that have won it more than once, only Brazil has won the senior world cup twice since U17 started. All the others have not even made the semi finals.

Guess what; Germany, Spain, Holland and Italy has never won the U17 world cup but only Holland has not won the senior world cup since 1995. Holland has played in the finals and semis once.

So what happened to this dominant Junior national teams that is not transferable to the seniors? How come Saudi Arabia has won under 17 wrold but have struggled to qualify or even record victories at senior level?

QUITE SIMPLE BRO, AGE CHEAT!!!

No other nation has produced or recorded number of stars at junior level that is not transferable beyond that level like Nigeria and Ghana.
Oga, wetin you wan achieve now? Or wetin u wan make we do?
Sometimes I just taya for this kind comment.
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August by fujirice: 12:38am On Aug 21, 2014
France don catch fire! Bombarding the German deffence like no man's business
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August by rman: 12:43am On Aug 21, 2014
fujirice:
Oga, wetin you wan achieve now? Or wetin u wan make we do?
Sometimes I just taya for this kind comment.

What I want you to do is see things holistically instead of temporary measures that is not long lasting.

I don't know if you were the one but a poster asked '' how come our junior team is always full of energy when they play but the seniors are always lethargic?''

Don't be ''tayad'' of my comment because we all need to celebrate legit age grade victories, until then, you will continue to get honest response from people like me when next you wonder why the senior national teams don't bring the same level of excitement when they play.

Have a nice day
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August by fujirice: 12:44am On Aug 21, 2014
Dang! The German goalie is goood!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August by ghettodreamz(m): 12:46am On Aug 21, 2014
fujirice: France don catch fire! Bombarding the German deffence like no man's business

They are playing badly jor. So many good chances that should have been converted to goals. They are not a threat to the German side at all, and Tarrieu lacks good finishing, and basic tactical skills to convert good passes to goals. Otherwise, they should have been at least a goal ahead of the German team by now.
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August by xp17(m): 12:46am On Aug 21, 2014
CFCfan: This group of Falconets have now gone 11 competitive matches without defeat, scoring 46 goals, conceding 6! This includes the 6 qualifying matches in which they outscored their opponents 31-0
winch coutiri we wire like that? 31-0 ! and who dey home?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August by fujirice: 12:47am On Aug 21, 2014
ghettodreamz:

They are playing badly jor. So many good chances that should have been converted to goals. They are not a threat to the German side at all, and Tarrieu lacks good finishing, and basic tactical skills to convert good passes to goals. Otherwise, they should have been at least a goal ahead of the German team by now.
And they just equalized! Hihihihhihihihihi!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August by ghettodreamz(m): 12:48am On Aug 21, 2014
fujirice:
And they just equalized! Hihihihhihihihihi!

Yup, they did. I wish they would defeat the German team, to make the work easier for the Nigerian Falconets cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August by fujirice: 12:49am On Aug 21, 2014
rman:

What I want you to do is see things holistically instead of temporary measures that is not long lasting.

I don't know if you were the one but a poster asked '' how come our junior team is always full of energy when they play but the seniors are always lethargic?''

Don't be ''tayad'' of my comment because we all need to celebrate legit age grade victories, until then, you will continue to get honest response from people like me when next you wonder why the senior national teams don't bring the same level of excitement when they play.

Have a nice day
Ok, lets just agree to disagree.
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August by Havilah93(m): 12:50am On Aug 21, 2014
Whoever Nigeria end up facing, either France or Germany, it won't be easy. They're both very good sides!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August by fujirice: 12:50am On Aug 21, 2014
ghettodreamz:

Yup, they did. I wish they would defeat the German team, to make the work easier for the Nigerian Falconets cheesy
With what I'm seeing now, I'd preffer that German side sef. France get talented players like us mehn!
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August by Nobody: 12:50am On Aug 21, 2014
xp17: winch coutiri we wire like that? 31-0 ! and who dey home?
Lol. They beat Sierra Leone, Rwanda and Zimbabwe home and away by that combined score

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August by fujirice: 12:55am On Aug 21, 2014
CFCfan: Full list of records created by the Falconets:

- The 3 fastest goals in this year's tournament, and the fastest goal ever scored in a FIFA Women's tournament (Courtney Dike 12secs, Oshoala 31secs, Courtney Dike 64 secs)

- The most goals scored by a team in a women's U-20 WC

- Most goals scored so far in this tourney (15)
I thought Germany already have 15 goals before now?
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August by Nobody: 12:58am On Aug 21, 2014
fujirice:
I thought Germany already have 15 goals before now?
They scored their 15th goal in against France some minutes ago
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August by fujirice: 1:02am On Aug 21, 2014
CFCfan:
They scored their 15th goal in against France some minutes ago
Ok.
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August by Nobody: 1:05am On Aug 21, 2014
fujirice: France don catch fire! Bombarding the German deffence like no man's business

like no woman's business grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August by rasputinn(m): 1:05am On Aug 21, 2014
gbosaa: Win or lose,that coach should not repeat that rolling on the field celebration..that was so silly.He is not a kid

Ignorance is bliss

Rolling on the floor is actually a fad among Pentecostal Christians to show humility to and worship of God,not at all a form of celebration.Leading church leaders are known to do it openly while ministering.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August by Nobody: 1:06am On Aug 21, 2014
15 goals- The Falconets have set a new record for the most number of goals scored by an African team in a FIFA women's competition.
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August by Niftyrules(m): 1:11am On Aug 21, 2014
#NIFTYRULES, Mehn the girls are really wonderful. I sincerely enjoyed myself all through the match.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August by OtunbaJega: 1:11am On Aug 21, 2014
Havilah93: 12 minutes gone

Germany 1-0 France

its 1-1... 52minutes played
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August by tunshe: 1:21am On Aug 21, 2014
rman:

@Bold,

Because our junior team should really be the senior if we are being sincere. By the time we push them to senior level, they are already too old and slow. The average age of the German team that won the world cup in Brasil is 20+

Nice submission.

On a personal note, are you an Oracle DBA?
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August by rman: 1:23am On Aug 21, 2014
tunshe:

Nice submission.

On a personal note, are you an Oracle DBA?

No.
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August by Judolisco(m): 1:25am On Aug 21, 2014
Nigeria good @junior level bt wen dey get to d top their work rate drop nd dey feel relaxed....d France defenders look much older Dan 20 I think we r facing them dey r really playing well..dis Germans r jst overrated
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August by tunshe: 1:27am On Aug 21, 2014
rman:

No.

Alright, thanks!

rman means Recovery Manager to an Oracle DBA, reason for my curiosity.
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August by rasputinn(m): 1:33am On Aug 21, 2014
The France V Germany game a bit slower than that of Nig V Korea DPR
No real pace and a bit clumsy,in the finals if our girls play the way they played against Korea DPR,then they'll be champions irrespective of who they play against

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 / Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time / Nigeria Vs Sudan : AFCON 2021 : 3 - 1 On 15th January 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.