Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Meet The Indian Teenager Who Is Now The Youngest Girl To Climb Mt. Everest - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet The Indian Teenager Who Is Now The Youngest Girl To Climb Mt. Everest (1048 Views)

Anyi Obi, One Of The Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (pic) / Female OAU Students Climb Mast To Celebrate Their Graduation(pic / List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Indian Teenager Who Is Now The Youngest Girl To Climb Mt. Everest by SaintRobs: 6:13am On Aug 18, 2014
13-year-old Indian, Malavath Poorna has successfully climbed to the top of Mount Everest, making the teenager the youngest girl to garner the achievement.
Poorna whose parents are poor farmers was chosen from a group of disadvantaged children for a government program to inspire young people.
She had never taken a step on a mountain before taking this challenge.
They had to take the hard way from the Tibetan side, a 52-day trek that included some of the steepest climbs on the mountain and some of the most perilous.
Even while Purna was there, an avalanche on the other side of the mountain killed 16 Sherpa guides, triggering a labor dispute that threatened to abandon climbers on the mountain.
“My instructors told me I’d see dead bodies on the way to the summit. I knew every step was dangerous. I just carried on climbing,” Purna told the media on Wednesday in New Delhi after hoisting the Indian flag at the peak of Mount Everest.
Source: http://www.radar.ng/art-life/meet-the-indian-teenager-who-is-now-the-youngest-girl-to-climb-mt-everest/

Re: Meet The Indian Teenager Who Is Now The Youngest Girl To Climb Mt. Everest by Nobody: 6:49am On Aug 18, 2014
That is what we call determination guys! 13 years of Nigerian youths... What are they into? Facebooking, failing Maths and English in JSS WAEC and attending summer coaches all around the area....

Explore people!
Re: Meet The Indian Teenager Who Is Now The Youngest Girl To Climb Mt. Everest by darmhey(m): 7:36am On Aug 18, 2014
ledafaze: That is what we call determination guys! 13 years of Nigerian youths... What are they into? Facebooking, failing Maths and English in JSS WAEC and attending summer coaches all around the area....

Explore people!
How old are you? Which one u don climb?

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Indian Teenager Who Is Now The Youngest Girl To Climb Mt. Everest by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 18, 2014
darmhey: How old are you? Which one u don climb?

Checked out ur profile ... at ur age... as small as you are... is this how you too want to start? You have not even started a thread on Nairaland...

Well... this is ur response.

Re: Meet The Indian Teenager Who Is Now The Youngest Girl To Climb Mt. Everest by darmhey(m): 4:40pm On Aug 18, 2014
ledafaze:

Checked out ur profile ... at ur age... as small as you are... is this how you too want to start? You have not even started a thread on Nairaland...

Well... this is ur response.

All you can say is I've not yet started a thread? Well, I have a real life passion for my career and it has nothing to do with starting a thread on NL. Afterall Malavath Poorna.didn't start a thread on NL to climb Everest. And given the fact you went through my profile, it's a proof you heard me loud and clear despite the headphone .

(1) (Reply)

WAEC Eliminates Registration Deadline For Nov/dec Exam / Higher Institution Students And Night Class Syndrome / An Offer To Travel Abroad To Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.