Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,580 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (72349 Views)

Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced / Anyi Obi, One Of The Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (pic) / The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by Kofacts(m): 1:04pm On Oct 18, 2015
Climbing the academic walls of the higher institution down to the peak of obtaining a Doctorate degree (PhD) has always been considered to be quite a meritorious feat.

Nigerians are one of the most educated nationalities, behind the Indians and Chinese. Nigerians attain the highest level of educational study (PhD) in various fields. The recent trends are the PhD holders in their very young age.

1. Dr. Nkemehule Karl Omebere-Iyari
Here we have the leader of the pack. A colossus of intellectual ingenuity. Dr. Omebere-Iyari, bagged his PhD in Chemical Engineering from University of Nottingham in 2006, then aged 22. This amazing Nigerian, an old student of Kings College, Lagos had 8 As in his WAEC result at age 16.

He proceeded same year to Oxbridge, Ikeja, where he wrote and passed his A-levels, scoring ‘A’ in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. He entered University of Nottingham immediately and graduated three years later with a first class in Chemical Engineering at 19 in 2003.

He was also the best graduating student in Chemical Engineering that year. With a university scholarship, Omebere-Iyari wasted no time, and pursued his PhD. He received a EU grant of €17,000 every year, and finished his Doctorate in record time of three years, specializing in multi-phase flow. Omebere-Iyari has distinguished himself as an exceptionally gifted Nigerian.

Upon graduation, he was worked with many multinational cooperation as Shell, Halliburton, e.t.c. He earned an MBA with distinction from INSEAD/Wharton, and is a member of many professional groups.

2. Dr. Olaoluwa Hallowed Oluwadara
Acclaimed as Africa’s youngest PhD holders, Olaoluwa is a spectacular Nigerian intellectual and scholar, because of his achievements. He entered the University for a Bachelor’s degree at 15. He earned two B.Sc degrees in Mathematics and Physics, from University of Bangui, Central African Republic (CAR), run simultaneously. He bagged his Master’s degree from the same University.

He crowned it with a PhD in Mathematics at the University of Lagos, Akoka, where he was the best graduating PhD student. Dr. Olaoluwa H. Oluwadara won University of Bangui’s all-time best student award from the Department of Mathematics (B.Sc), best B.Sc student award in Physics, 2007 and best M.Sc awards in Physics and Mathematics respectively in 2008. He currently is a Research Fellow of the Mathematical Analysis and Optimisation Research Group.

3. Dr. Salihu Dasuki Nakande
Born in October, 1987, he is one of Nigeria’s youngest PhD holders, and arguably the youngest in northern Nigeria. He graduated with a first class degree in Information Technology from Eastern Mediterranean University (EMU), North Cyprus at 21. Dr. Salihu completed his Master’s degree at Brunel University, U.K. He capped it with a PhD in the same University in 2012.

4. Dr. Opeyemi Shodipe
This young Nigerian scholar bagged her Bachelor’s Degree at 19, from Babcock University. After the mandatory NYSC programme, she entered for a Masters at University of Ibadan, graduating best in her department. She capped it with a well-deserved Doctorate degree in Information Science from her alma mater, Babcock University. She was 25.

5. Dr. Olabisi Adeyemi
This young intellectual earned her PhD in Botany from the University of Lagos. Though she had maintained a track record of academic successes right from her secondary school, she acknowledge that having a PhD at her age, and the record of being the best graduating PhD student didn’t come easy.

Born in Lagos Island local government of Lagos state, Dr. Adeyemi attended Girls’ Academy, L/Island where she was the best student in WAEC, with seven distinctions. She proceeded to University of Lagos and graduated with a first class degree in botany in 2006. She completed her PhD in within record time in 2012.

http://nigerianscholars.com/2015/10/5-youngest-phd-holders-in-nigeria.html

35 Likes 8 Shares

Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by CHRISKY: 1:08pm On Oct 18, 2015
Op u forget to add d six pesn

FTC!!!! Wow
Blessed man

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by alonzoiv(m): 1:09pm On Oct 18, 2015
Name checkers,where art thou? Nigerians making Nigeria proud always. Iam happy they are all Nigerians,not because they are from one tribe/ethnicity or the other. Click LIKE if you believe in One Nigeria without tribal sentiments.

100 Likes 4 Shares

Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 18, 2015
[size=19pt]

Fourth to comment

[/size]
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by AgbenuAnna(f): 1:21pm On Oct 18, 2015
Number 4 and 5 tried cos the studied in Nigeria

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by kolajoo(m): 3:06pm On Oct 18, 2015
Impressive. It called hard-work and they're focus.

1 Like

Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by dulal24: 3:26pm On Oct 18, 2015
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by Stephansmily(f): 3:42pm On Oct 18, 2015
Cool
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 18, 2015
Dr Sahilu Dasuki is a colleague of mine now. we are working in the same University.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 18, 2015
Number 2 is actually d youngest PHD holder in Africa, i don't know where dis flatie saw a phd Igbo has d number 1. this people wants to dominate everything by fire by force grin grin grin
Poor boy.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by nigeriancuban: 4:11pm On Oct 18, 2015
please place another thread listing their net worth and wealth acquisitions pls

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by AINATOLULOPE: 4:22pm On Oct 18, 2015
Did someone observe Yoruba ' s are more on the list?

Yeah, we rule intellectually and academically. Just like Jagaban is brainly ruling the whole Federation

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by saxwizard(m): 4:23pm On Oct 18, 2015
ok
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by okooloyun1(m): 4:23pm On Oct 18, 2015
Ok
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by lilmax(m): 4:24pm On Oct 18, 2015
And this is what I call RESPECT cool

2 Likes

Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by Dazirazo(m): 4:25pm On Oct 18, 2015
Impressive

DO YOU CARE TO MANAGE YOUR DIABETES AND HYPERTENSION IN A NATURAL WAY?... Visit this link..www.nairaland.com/2619089/natural-way-completely-manage-diabetes
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by TreasuredGlory: 4:25pm On Oct 18, 2015
God, pls remember me too.

1 Like

Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by ADULTBASE(m): 4:25pm On Oct 18, 2015
Op you forgot to mention me,am a phpbb holder and am 5yrs old!

2 Likes

Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by noeloge82(m): 4:25pm On Oct 18, 2015
Good news kudos
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by PrinceNN(m): 4:25pm On Oct 18, 2015
nigeriancuban:
please place another thread listing their net worth and wealth acquisitions pls

its not always about money

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by kamez(m): 4:25pm On Oct 18, 2015
kudos to them book worms.

but funny thing is that they will never make Forbes billionaires list

and na that forbes list be my target. PhD won't give me that private jet I ve been longing for. or that 800mill mansion Linda ikeji just acquired.

14 Likes

Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by datola: 4:26pm On Oct 18, 2015
Hmm, great achievement especially those who earned theirs in Nigeria. It's easier attaining such heights abroad.

They all entered (sic) university at young age.

Kudos!

2 Likes

Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by condralbede(m): 4:27pm On Oct 18, 2015
OK.....noted
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 18, 2015
God please I want to be among this elite
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by youngice(m): 4:27pm On Oct 18, 2015
Dr Goodluck Everest Jonathan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by tunapawizzy: 4:27pm On Oct 18, 2015
coming
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by ayindepremier: 4:29pm On Oct 18, 2015
Where are the acclaimed Nairaland gurus and grammarians here?

Abd, where are Patrick Obiahgbon or Obiaghuan (whatever I no be Edobo, I mean Edo grin) children on this list?

And lastly, Shout out to my Yoruba Goons, Niggas, and Fellas, you have been representing Nigeria at all capacity, Una no go fall yakata like BIA-FRAUD!

#I NO BE ACADEMIC FANATIC, I'M JUST A FAN OF MONEY. grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 18, 2015
They have people that sponsor them. No be me wey be say I must husle to get school money. God will do mine too...

9 Likes

Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by damiloladuke: 4:29pm On Oct 18, 2015
wow

DO YOU NEED AN ADMIN FOR YOUR BLOG? CHECK MY SIGNATURE

YOU ALSO WANNA LAFF TIRE TODAY? CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by SylarsMcQuins: 4:29pm On Oct 18, 2015
Happy for them buh truth be told we don't need a Phd to keep our hustle real unless ur passionate about being a lecturer.

Music is my hustle, so pls support good music.

Download Olowo Fe Dabira By Larry Kuti.$
www.ipunjab.me/singles/download/2929/Olowo-Fe-Dabira-by-Larry-Kuti.html

This song will surely make u see the industry differently. Don't dull.

2 Likes

Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by Horlawale1(m): 4:29pm On Oct 18, 2015
I love this, especially the 5th one simply because am also a botany student.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Download Full BECE “Junior WAEC 2022” Timetable .PDF | Past Questions | Syllabus / 11 Nigerian Universities Are Substandard – NUC / FG Approves 6 New Federal Colleges Of Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.