Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,933 members, 7,817,725 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered (41375 Views)

See What I Saw In A Pepsi Drink This Morning(photos) / Terrible.. Look What I Saw In My Drink / Does ORIJIN Contain More Sugar Than Necessary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered by Greycells(m): 2:14pm On Aug 18, 2014
Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw and Conquered
By Temidayo Badmus

Few years back, consumers of alcohol preferred local herbal concoctions in the name of bitters to well brewed alcoholic beer of international standard. The age-long tradition of beer consumption was on its way out of fashion. This is because consumers of bitters believe that it contains body purifiers, anti-malaria components and ingredients that strengthen the virility of men.

Big brands were struggling for sales and manufacturers of smaller beer brands were closing business due to drastic drop in sales. Manufacturers of the local herbal contents were smiling to the banks on a daily basis. There was serious crisis in the marketing of most beer brands. Many big brands in the alcohol business battles with branding and rebranding of various new products while ‘herbalists’ who have taken over the alcoholic beverage industry continue to swell in numbers.

However, it took the ‘divine’ intervention of big multinational brand, Guinness to rescue the market from the ‘hoodlums’ who were making swift business from the illegal supply of purported ‘poison’ into the market.

After its entry into the market, the ORIJIN brand which registered the Orijin word and its associated logos as trademark, took the industry by storm, sending the dominant products out of the market and making an instant impact in the alcoholic beverage market.

Before Orijin’s arrival mid last year, there have been products like Alomo Bitters, Kerewa, Kogbebe, Ibile, Durosoke, Dadubule, Action Bitters, Koboko, Ogidigba, Pasa Bitters, Osomo among others. Despite initial fears over the hygiene level of the products and the composition, their usual sex energy boosting appeal continues to lure customers to patronize them in mass.

There is hardly any of these products aside the pioneering ones like Alomo Bitters and its rivals like Pasa and Action Bitters that did not enter the market advertising the products’ ability to enhance sexual performances. It proved right the old saying that ‘sex sells’.

Unfortunately, the major ingredients in these products are ethanol, caffeine and hemp in different proportions. Also common in some of them is a dark substance called ‘muru’ from northern Nigeria. The substance mainly used in the treatment of pile in that part of the country is the main reason for the bitter taste of some of these products. The combination of ethanol and hemp in most of them is why they are highly intoxicating.

The rate at which some of the ingredients are used determines how well they stimulates sex organs and giving the users that temporary and deadly sex energy required to satisfy their sexual urge.

So many health organizations have warned against the use of these products, questioning their sources, hygiene and compositions. However, coming from an international company of repute, Guiness Nigeria Plc stormed the market with arguably the biggest brand in the alcoholic beverage markets. The brand did not only come to silence competitors in the bitters market, it also has a beer under the same Orijin brand to satisfy both the bitters and beer consumers using the Orijin brand.

Orijin is available in 30cl and 75cl bottles, for N500 to N700 and N 300 to N 1000 respectively.
Guinness Nigeria Plc describes Orijin as an alcoholic blend with the flavours of African herbs and fruits combined to give a refreshing bitter – sweet taste, which can be enjoyed chilled, straight from the bottle.

Orijin Bitters is described as a unique bittersweet spirit blended with the flavours of specially selected African herbs and fruits, combined to give bitter-sweet taste.

Unlike the products in the market before Orijin, the brand makers were bold enough to introduce to introduce the product revealing its ingredients on the bottle in line with international best practice.

According to makers, Orijin is made with neutral spirits, sugar, citric acids, trisodium citrate, caramel extracts, naartire, chamomile, thyme, cinnamon and orange. The product comes with 6.0 percent alcohol volume.

The Orijin beer also comes in similar composition with the addition of carbonated water, sodium benzoate, herbal and fruits. As far as the markets is concern today, the two products coming in different sizes leads the bear and liquor market with its successful entry into the market about a year ago.

Consumers have come to trust the quality and the hygiene standard of Guiness and the product became an instant hit.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 18, 2014
grin cheesy grin wink grin cheesy
Op Is A Correct Guy

Origin kiss kiss

4 Likes

Re: Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered by Greycells(m): 3:14pm On Aug 18, 2014
Na so na - it is the new and in-thing for authentic Naija.

It is homegrown flavour! grin grin grin grin grin

Maybe I should buy you some bottles jo - Orijin is best quaffed with friends, and even cyber-acquaintances!

1 Like

Re: Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered by ToniaLee(f): 10:50pm On Aug 19, 2014
I saw someone drinking orijin with gala......

9 Likes

Re: Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered by Greycells(m): 6:19pm On Aug 25, 2014
Lol grin grin grin grin grin That is an out the world spacer oh. You know it is good to eat something inbetween alcoholic drink - but this gala matter beats it o!
Re: Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered by starlingbawa(m): 1:53pm On Sep 02, 2014
Finding the 'ORIJIN' drink is somewhat rare in warri but since the very first time I tried it, I haven't stopped doing so.

And of course, it's got that great taste. A truly wonderful African drink!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered by Greycells(m): 2:17pm On Sep 02, 2014
@starlingbawa - Warri no dey carry last. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Area!!!!
Re: Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered by nymphomaniac(m): 3:28am On Sep 04, 2014
Great taste

1 Like

Re: Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered by gbemsone(f): 4:39pm On Sep 04, 2014
NICE LOCAL 9JA DRINK

1 Like

Re: Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered by Asemo11(m): 5:10pm On Sep 04, 2014
Alomo Bitters, Kerewa,
Kogbebe, Ibile, Durosoke, Dadubule, Action Bitters,
Koboko, Ogidigba, Pasa Bitters, Osomo

oboy see names of drinks
and people day use moni buy dis kind concontion

2 Likes

Re: Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered by Greycells(m): 11:53am On Sep 05, 2014
Asemo11: Alomo Bitters, Kerewa,
Kogbebe, Ibile, Durosoke, Dadubule, Action Bitters,
Koboko, Ogidigba, Pasa Bitters, Osomo
oboy see names of drinks
and people day use moni buy dis kind concontion

grin grin grin grin grin grin You know why na... Selling point for low end of the market.

nymphomaniac: Great taste

Both Orijin bitters and the RTD are awesome. Was at Intercontinental Hotel bar the other day. See the big masquerades (CEOs of Banks and Bluechips scrambling for both. This Orijin is phenomenal).
Am happy it is a proudly Naija premium drink. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered by yomz1e(m): 10:18am On Dec 04, 2014
smileyam addicted to this drink.... please don't help me cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered by Greycells(m): 9:24pm On Dec 10, 2014
yomz1e:
smileyam addicted to this drink.... please don't help me cheesy grin

grin grin grin grin grin Remember to always drink responsibly oh just the way the Guinness Nigeria people say all the time. And I can understand, because they need you to be alive and in good health to continue to enjoy your Orijin...
Re: Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:31am On Dec 11, 2014
OP, I am sure you either work for or were paid by Diaego jo smiley

2 Likes

Re: Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered by Greycells(m): 11:45am On Dec 12, 2014
vivaciousvivi:
OP, I am sure you either work for or were paid by Diaego jo smiley

@Vivaciousvivi,

You are certainly right, and that was in my previous life grin grin grin grin grin Am waiting for an offer I cannot reject from them oh.

Am certain you either work for Diageo or Heineken as well... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Go quaff Orijin jo!!!
Re: Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:46am On Dec 12, 2014
Greycells:

@Vivaciousvivi,

You are certainly right, and that was in my previous life grin grin grin grin grin Am waiting for an offer I cannot reject from them oh.

Am certain you either work for Diageo or Heineken as well... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Go quaff Orijin jo!!!

Hmmmmmm...goodluck
Re: Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered by Greycells(m): 11:50am On Dec 12, 2014
vivaciousvivi:

Hmmmmmm...goodluck

Why bring GEJ into this na? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Wish me well jo, and not Goodluck grin grin grin grin grin grin

PS: What happens to having special interest? Free your mind!!! I checked your profile, and if that is you - you are the BOMB cool cool cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:08pm On Dec 12, 2014
Greycells:

Why bring GEJ into this na? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Wish me well jo, and not Goodluck grin grin grin grin grin grin

PS: What happens to having special interest? Free your mind!!! I checked your profile, and if that is you - you are the BOMB cool cool cool cool
Hahahaaha- all of you suddenly denouncing your Presido eh!
Ok, I wish you the best of luck! wink
Thanks for the compliment too

1 Like

Re: Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered by Greycells(m): 12:17pm On Dec 12, 2014
vivaciousvivi:

Hahahaaha- all of you suddenly denouncing your Presido eh!
Ok, I wish you the best of luck! wink
Thanks for the compliment too

You are welcome wink wink!!!
Re: Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 01, 2015
ORIJIN. !!!!!!!!! dt one strong eeh
Re: Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered by syntekglobal(f): 7:17am On Jan 06, 2015
What an explicitly biased article. May the writer, kindly provide the percentages of the ingredients in Origin beer, especially, dat of sugar because d beer is extremely sweet which alleges fears of getting diabetes after a prolonged period of consumption.

1 Like

Re: Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered by acada111(f): 4:37am On Jan 09, 2015
starlingbawa:
Finding the 'ORIJIN' drink is somewhat rare in warri but since the very first time I tried it, I haven't stopped doing so.

And of course, it's got that great taste. A truly wonderful African drink!!!

I don't think it's really that scarce. Peeps consume it like water around my end here, so even Ab*ki sef don de sell am grin
Re: Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered by dominique(f): 11:41am On Jan 09, 2015
I never knew it cost so high. Guinness don hammer o
Re: Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 09, 2015
I love this drink aswear!

1 Like

Re: Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered by LaRoyalHighness(f): 5:00pm On Jan 09, 2015
#TeamOrijin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered by Greycells(m): 8:25pm On Feb 23, 2015
syntekglobal:
What an explicitly biased article. May the writer, kindly provide the percentages of the ingredients in Origin beer, especially, dat of sugar because d beer is extremely sweet which alleges fears of getting diabetes after a prolonged period of consumption.

Na only you waka come?

Rumour monger - So Star Lager, Gulder and Legend no contain sugar, na Orijin wey be our very own herb and fruits flavour ( ijinle pam-pam things) go give diabetes?

You are the biased one here - please don't sell Nairalanders a dummy. On Orijin we stand! #TeamHerbsAndFruits!
Re: Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered by iyomomo(f): 4:32pm On Mar 03, 2015
Orijin contains more sugar dan necessary, what most pple don't know or some hav probably experienced is dat it "purges" and causes running stomach. Wise pple have stopped drinking and gone back to drinking Guin.Stout.
Wayo dey dat orijin o. Heard some of d ingredients def has to do with embalment tins. shocked (probably a rumor) mind u, it hasn't conquered yet o, remember d likes of satzenbrau, Gordon spark

1 Like

Re: Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered by Amyceilyn(f): 8:13pm On Mar 04, 2015
Does orijin have non bitters?
Re: Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered by Greycells(m): 10:10am On Mar 09, 2015
iyomomo:
Orijin contains more sugar dan necessary, what most pple don't know or some hav probably experienced is dat it "purges" and causes running stomach. Wise pple have stopped drinking and gone back to drinking Guin.Stout.
Wayo dey dat orijin o. Heard some of d ingredients def has to do with embalment tins. shocked (probably a rumor) mind u, it hasn't conquered yet o, remember d likes of satzenbrau, Gordon spark

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Willie willie don come oh!

Telling lies from the PIT OF HELL all in the attempt to de-market Orijin!!! We the adorers of Orijin say no. It is just like some mofo saying Star Lager Beer and Gulder gives cancer!

May be you are too illiterate to know, NAFDAC approves the ingredient for every beverage - both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. I am guessing you need a LOBOTOMY! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered by iyomomo(f): 5:21pm On Mar 10, 2015
Greycells:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Willie willie don come oh!

Telling lies from the PIT OF HELL all in the attempt to de-market Orijin!!! We the adorers of Orijin say no. It is just like some mofo saying Star Lager Beer and Gulder gives cancer!

May be you are too illiterate to know, NAFDAC approves the ingredient for every beverage - both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. I am guessing you need a LOBOTOMY! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
The most brilliant human on earth! I salute u, thanks for calling me illiterate, u are so very well read, u don't know d meaning of "PROBABLY A RUMOUR"? . I mentioned Guinness stout , is it not d same company dat produces both?
Keep drinking, no be my mouth, no be my belle , no be my health, no be my body! I'am entitled to my opinion! Thank u
Re: Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered by Greycells(m): 5:31pm On Mar 15, 2015
iyomomo:

The most brilliant human on earth! I salute u, thanks for calling me illiterate, u are so very well read, u don't know d meaning of "PROBABLY A RUMOUR"? . I mentioned Guinness stout , is it not d same company dat produces both?
Keep drinking, no be my mouth, no be my belle , no be my health, no be my body! I'am entitled to my opinion! Thank u

Thanks for the compliments and the hypocrisy as well. Joseph Goebbels would certainly turn in his grave because you demean the 'respectable' art of propaganda with your asinine inanities.

We do not need a SPIN DOCTOR to diagnose your cruel and morbid intentions which was to create disaffection between a SUPER BRAND and its adorers. But you have failed woefully.

Yes, you are entitled to your own opinion but you are not entitled to spreading blatant falsehood. Always try to keep the conversation logical and believable by presenting facts (facts are sacred) not silly emotive stuff in service of a failed demarketing agenda. No need for your prejudiced thanks.

#ORIJINROCKS
Re: Orijin: The Brand That Came, Saw And Conquered by iyomomo(f): 7:22pm On Mar 15, 2015
Greycells:

Thanks for the compliments and the hypocrisy as well. Joseph Goebbels would certainly turn in his grave because you demean the 'respectable' art of propaganda with your asinine inanities.

We do not need a SPIN DOCTOR to diagnose your cruel and morbid intentions which was to create disaffection between a SUPER BRAND and its adorers. But you have failed woefully.

Yes, you are entitled to your own opinion but you are not entitled to spreading blatant falsehood. Always try to keep the conversation logical and believable by presenting facts (facts are sacred) not silly emotive stuff in service of a failed demarketing agenda. No need for your prejudiced thanks.

#ORIJINROCKS

To continue bantering words wit an internet bully is not only foolish but degrading, an argument wit u is to belittle myself so I leave u to ur award winning grammars.
Outta here! Peace!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man In Owerri Who Sells Crocodile Meat - Photos / What our kids requested for as lunch at school and what they got as lunch. / See How I Prepared Delicious And Well Spiced Grilled Fish (pics And Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.