Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

2015: Diamond Bank Boss, Otti, Declares For Abia Governorship - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Diamond Bank Boss, Otti, Declares For Abia Governorship (2518 Views)

Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment / Profile Of Okechukwu Enelamah - Ministerial Nominee For Abia State / INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Diamond Bank Boss, Otti, Declares For Abia Governorship by solaugo(m): 2:21pm On Aug 18, 2014
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1635278_diamond_md_-_otti_jpeg4c3dd6a0ed81d81cfd579fd63c7fc342[/img]

The Managing Director of Diamond Bank, Alex Otti, has formally declared his aspiration to contest the governorship of Abia State in 2015.

In doing so, Oti warned that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) must discard the issue of zoning since it killed the principle in 2011 when it fielded President Goodluck Jonathan as against the earlier agreement that it was the turn of the North.

The banker, who was at the PDP state secretariat in Umuahia on Wednesday, said he is on a rescue mission in the state to develop it since Governor T. A Orji has failed to do so with the exception of security.

Otti, while addressing the state party executives, also advised the party to rise beyond its present mediocre level and try to wake up and raise the bar to reach the standard where he currently operates.

However, he warned the party executives against sticking to their earlier decision to zone the next governorship to Abia South senatorial Zone, saying the issue of zoning of offices was killed by the national leadership of the party when it went against the North whose turn it was to hold the presidency in 2011.

Otti, who is battling confusion over whether he is from Arochukwu in Abia North or Isiala Ngwa South in Abia Central where he is currently claiming, said he is not bound by zoning adding that it is wrong for the party to say it is zoning the governorship to Abia South with exclusion of other areas in the Old Aba division.

Read more @ http://newsnownigeria.com.ng/2015-diamond-bank-boss-otti-declares-for-abia-governorship/

1 Like

Re: 2015: Diamond Bank Boss, Otti, Declares For Abia Governorship by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 18, 2014
Welcome development,
We need a technocrat like u sir
U have got my support already
Re: 2015: Diamond Bank Boss, Otti, Declares For Abia Governorship by Gboliwe: 2:27pm On Aug 18, 2014
If he is from Arochukwu, let him go and sit down and allow the short Ngwa people to rule abi lead Abia state for once! Damn! Why are some people so greedy? Is the state for only the people of a certain part? Kai! We haven't had anything good since that part of the people have been in authority.

For the feeble minded who do not like the truth, I am from that part that have looted and raped the state sideways. I am tired of having uncles/cousins as governors, commissioners, heads of various parastatals yet nothing to show for it. Its sickening!

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Diamond Bank Boss, Otti, Declares For Abia Governorship by fairheven: 4:03pm On Aug 18, 2014
Gboliwe: If he is from Arochukwu, let him go and sit down and allow the short Ngwa people to rule abi lead Abia state for once! Damn! Why are some people so greedy? Is the state for only the people of a certain part? Kai! We haven't had anything good since that part of the people have been in authority.

For the feeble minded who do not like the truth, I am from that part that have looted and raped the state sideways. I am tired of having uncles/cousins as governors, commissioners, heads of various parastatals yet nothing to show for it. Its sickening!
Am also from that part,but ur reasons are not cogent enof,am in favour of equity but not as u reasoned.those who have looted and raped the commonwealth of Abians did not do so because they are from a certain zone,it was purely selfish.
talking about zoning,the argument is,in the the previous elections,were there not candidates from Aba zone who contested in those elections an lost on a level playing ground?,so why skewed the process to favour them as against other zones?
My advice to Mr.Oti:try not to criticise the current governor untill u get wt u r looking for,if not he will work against ur emergence as PDP candidate.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Diamond Bank Boss, Otti, Declares For Abia Governorship by onyfrank: 4:41pm On Aug 18, 2014
@op, were u there? Tuotuology full ur post. na hallmark news paper only carried d news. And besides, u added things Otti did not said. BE CAREFULL!
Re: 2015: Diamond Bank Boss, Otti, Declares For Abia Governorship by Gboliwe: 5:39pm On Aug 18, 2014
fairheven:
Am also from that part,but ur reasons are not cogent enof,am in favour of equity but not as u reasoned.those who have looted and raped the commonwealth of Abians did not do so because they are from a certain zone,it was purely selfish.
talking about zoning,the argument is,in the the previous elections,were there not candidates from Aba zone who contested in those elections an lost on a level playing ground?,so why skewed the process to favour them as against other zones?
My advice to Mr.Oti:try not to criticise the current governor untill u get wt u r looking for,if not he will work against ur emergence as PDP candidate.

That's you o. If the state is lacking good leaders like the entire country is, its better the thieves allow the midgets in ngwa to steal some more. It is morally long for a particular group to hold our purse/treasury for ever. Its wrong.
Re: 2015: Diamond Bank Boss, Otti, Declares For Abia Governorship by Descartes: 6:13pm On Aug 18, 2014
Another Willie Obiano. smiley
Abia ga adi mma cool

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Diamond Bank Boss, Otti, Declares For Abia Governorship by Descartes: 6:15pm On Aug 18, 2014
Gboliwe: If he is from Arochukwu, let him go and sit down and allow the short Ngwa people to rule abi lead Abia state for once! Damn! Why are some people so greedy? Is the state for only the people of a certain part? Kai! We haven't had anything good since that part of the people have been in authority.

Allowing an Ngwa man to rule Abia is akin to allowing and Onitsha man to rule Anambra tongue
Sure you got my gist. wink

1 Like

Re: 2015: Diamond Bank Boss, Otti, Declares For Abia Governorship by Gboliwe: 6:18pm On Aug 18, 2014
Descartes:
Allowing an Ngwa man to rule Abia is akin to allowing and Onitsha man to rule Anambra tongue

I don't get your gist! We all are the owners of the state. Let it go round.
Since we don't want the best man to win, at least let's allow others enjoy the common wealth.
Re: 2015: Diamond Bank Boss, Otti, Declares For Abia Governorship by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 18, 2014
Abia state is no mans land

1 Like

Re: 2015: Diamond Bank Boss, Otti, Declares For Abia Governorship by eaglechild: 6:27pm On Aug 18, 2014

He seems to be a technocrat.
If you Abians allow clanish sentiments to further set you back into the dark ages na una sabi.
Re: 2015: Diamond Bank Boss, Otti, Declares For Abia Governorship by Gboliwe: 7:26pm On Aug 18, 2014
eaglechild:
He seems to be a technocrat.
If you Abians allow clanish sentiments to further set you back into the dark ages na una sabi.

I am sure the Ngwa people can field technocrats if that's what is needed to be governor.
Re: 2015: Diamond Bank Boss, Otti, Declares For Abia Governorship by MaziOmenuko: 7:42pm On Aug 18, 2014
Mr Uche Ogar of Masters energy is the next Abia governor! We're tired of mediocres! We're tired of ediots and lunatics in government house! The zoning has not worked and will never work! If pdp denies Ogar the ticket, we'll move to APC and win Abia! There are no two ways about it. Ngwa people should print their posters as usual, they all will contest on a level playing ground. Anyone that believes the ticket will be given to him in the name of zoning is spreading lies from the pit of hell!

Descartes:

Or an mbaise man to rule imo cheesy
Re: 2015: Diamond Bank Boss, Otti, Declares For Abia Governorship by MaziOmenuko: 7:47pm On Aug 18, 2014
Gboliwe:

I am sure the Ngwa people can field technocrats if that's what is needed to be governor.

Technocrats like Sen. Abaribe? Technocrats like Acho Nwakanma? Puleeeaaassseee!!!!

As a senator for 8 years and former deputy governor, Abaribe couldn't tar the road leading to his own house at obingwa. Osisikankwu terrorized the entire state from a bush belonging to Abaribe's extended family! All the guy does was to buy the kidnappers raw gin and palm-wine each time he comes home!

Abeggiii... We've suffered enough and there's no room for mediocrity any longer.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Diamond Bank Boss, Otti, Declares For Abia Governorship by Gboliwe: 7:47pm On Aug 18, 2014
MaziOmenuko: Mr Uche Ogar of Masters energy is the next Abia governor! We're tired of mediocres! We're tired of ediots and lunatics in government house! The zoning has not worked and will never work! If pdp denies Ogar the ticket, we'll move to APC and win Abia! There are no two ways about it. Ngwa people should print their posters as usual, they all will contest on a level playing ground. Anyone that believes the ticket will be given to him in the name of zoning is spreading lies from the pit of hell!

Or an mbaise man to rule imo cheesy

AP gini? May the gods of the land forbid it. Tufiakwwwwwwwwwa!

Biko! Don't mention that useless party here again. Mbok.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Diamond Bank Boss, Otti, Declares For Abia Governorship by MaziOmenuko: 7:50pm On Aug 18, 2014
No Ngwa man can match the pedigree of contestants coming out now: Rtd. Gen Azubuike Ihejirika, Mr Otti, Mr Uche Ogar. We will soon write Madam Okonjo-iweala to join the race!

No time for mediocres again! Once bitten, forever shy!

1 Like

Re: 2015: Diamond Bank Boss, Otti, Declares For Abia Governorship by Gboliwe: 7:53pm On Aug 18, 2014
MaziOmenuko:

Technocrats like Sen. Abaribe? Technocrats like Acho Nwakanma? Puleeeaaassseee!!!!

As a senator for 8 years and former deputy governor, Abaribe couldn't tar the road leading to his own house at obingwa. Osisikankwu terrorized the entire state from a bush belonging to Abaribe's extended family! All the guy does was to buy the kidnappers raw gin and palm-wine each time he comes home!

Abeggiii... We've suffered enough and there's no room for mediocrity any longer.

Muche che che. grin
My brothers the ohuhu have been ruling abia since the onset, what do we have to show for it? Abia state is supposed to be on top but we are a shame. I don't want to tell you that the big names from Abia are from my side, yet there's nothing to show, absolutely nothing to show for it. Even the raw gin, the masses didn't see. Its like "all man to himself". Allow the Ngwa people try luck, maybe then things will work out.
Abaribe? Tufiakwa. That's T.A Orji's elder brother. Evil men.
Re: 2015: Diamond Bank Boss, Otti, Declares For Abia Governorship by MaziOmenuko: 7:58pm On Aug 18, 2014
Gboliwe:

AP gini? May the gods of the land forbid it. Tufiakwwwwwwwwwa!

Biko! Don't mention that useless party here again. Mbok.

Forget that thing! Its party politics that kept us in the dark with that dwarf for 8 years now! We're wiser now! Last election, we tried to convince Ikechi Emenike to decamp from pdp and we're ready to vote him; he refused and decided to fight for the pdp ticket against an incumbent governor!

For now, we won't be blinded by the pdp blind-follower ship. Would love for pdp to win so as to maintain the good rapport at the federal level; but if push comes to shove and pdp gives us another virus as its flag-bearer, we will move with Ogar to any party he deems fit; APC, APGA or LP.

Afterall, Mimiko's LP didn't stop him from giving his people the dividends of democracy.
Re: 2015: Diamond Bank Boss, Otti, Declares For Abia Governorship by Ngwakwe: 8:37pm On Aug 18, 2014
@Mazi Omenuko

Just because rigging has been institutionalised by PDP before now gives you the gut and affrontery to make such irrelevant statements.

In a free and fair election/contest, Aba-Ngwa Zone will govern the State for centuries if they so desire. They have the number and wherewithal to do so.

All that is needed is Zonal re-awakening.

The only time Aba gets a sigh of relieve in town restructuring or adequate sanitation is when the son of the soil is at helm of affairs.

Which zone will give Ugah majority vote?

Politics is another game of numbers

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Diamond Bank Boss, Otti, Declares For Abia Governorship by MaziOmenuko: 10:06pm On Aug 18, 2014
Ngwakwe: @Mazi Omenuko

Just because rigging has been institutionalised by PDP before now gives you the gut and affrontery to make such irrelevant statements.

In a free and fair election/contest, Aba-Ngwa Zone will govern the State for centuries if they so desire. They have the number and wherewithal to do so.

All that is needed is Zonal re-awakening.

The only time Aba gets a sigh of relieve in town restructuring or adequate sanitation is when the son of the soil is at helm of affairs.

Which zone will give Ugah majority vote?

Politics is another game of numbers

You under-estimate the voting powers of the old-Bende! Bende LGA alone can equal the vote of 3 local governments in Aba-Ngwa! Forget it! If it boils down to numbers, a united Ngwa can make waves, but cannot beat the combined effort of old-Bende, Ohafia/Abiriba and Umuahia zones.

We know how its going to play; Ngwa will NOT unite under an umbrella; I foresee 9 aspirants coming out from there; finally to loose out to a lone opponent from the ohuhus.

I don't have anything against the Ngwas; I just don't like the Abaribes and his likes that would want to rule the state and keep us in perpetual darkness like we're suffering presently.

Uche Ogar 2015!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015: Diamond Bank Boss, Otti, Declares For Abia Governorship by henchamb(m): 10:49pm On Aug 18, 2014
If he really said that t a orji did not develop abia then he is really on the right track. Glad to see anaspirant criticize that animal constructivly. As for where he is from, i grew up knowing mazi alex otti as one of the leaders of Aro kingdom. Mazi dnt deny us just to get ticket. Zonning is a political tool by the evil ones to halt the progress of Nigeria ..... henchamb 2014!
Re: 2015: Diamond Bank Boss, Otti, Declares For Abia Governorship by henchamb(m): 10:53pm On Aug 18, 2014
thedore orji did not only destroy abia infrastructure wise, he also destroyed our calculation of where abia central started and ended. How can nkechi nwaogu represent abia central When is actually from abia south.
Re: 2015: Diamond Bank Boss, Otti, Declares For Abia Governorship by enyice(m): 11:35pm On Aug 18, 2014
Its only natural to see typical benighted naija pseudo-intellects make irrelevant statements just to sell a candidate/score cheap political points.

Ogar is abia's version of anambra's Ifeanyi Uba who feels that success in business equals success in politics.

Apart from managing his personal businesses, I can't really say any other thing about him, he's striving so hard to be relevant which isn't forthcoming.

The other dude even ended up stereotyping a whole clan as midgets and I feel nothing else but pity for him, its his opinion anyway, he is entitled to it.

Abia state is messed up and Abaribe isn't the ideal candidate to salvage it from this ruins and its certainly not Ogar, the Messiah will come, if it becomes ihejirika, then am comfortable with his c.v, am sure its also not the banker with a confused identity,

Abia state belongs to the PDP and I hope abia south presents a credible candidate at least to help fix even if its only Aba.
Re: 2015: Diamond Bank Boss, Otti, Declares For Abia Governorship by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:45pm On Aug 18, 2014
Abia state need to put that stupid zoning aside and join hand in working to select a seasoned technocrat who will take Abia to where they belong. Abia has alot of potentials but has been unlucky to elect a good leader.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Diamond Bank Boss, Otti, Declares For Abia Governorship by omongbatim: 11:48pm On Aug 18, 2014
MaziOmenuko: No Ngwa man can match the pedigree of contestants coming out now: Rtd. Gen Azubuike Ihejirika, Mr Otti, Mr Uche Ogar. We will soon write Madam Okonjo-iweala to join the race!

No time for mediocres again! Once bitten, forever shy!

How about Reagan Ufomba, though of APGA?
Re: 2015: Diamond Bank Boss, Otti, Declares For Abia Governorship by Gboliwe: 12:24am On Aug 19, 2014
enyice: Its only natural to see typical benighted naija pseudo-intellects make irrelevant statements just to sell a candidate/score cheap political points.
Ogar is abia's version of anambra's Ifeanyi Uba who feels that success in business equals success in politics.
Apart from managing his personal businesses, I can't really say any other thing about him, he's striving so hard to be relevant which isn't forthcoming.
The other dude even ended up stereotyping a whole clan as midgets and I feel nothing else but pity for him, its his opinion anyway, he is entitled to it.
Abia state is messed up and Abaribe isn't the ideal candidate to salvage it from this ruins and its certainly not Ogar, the Messiah will come, if it becomes ihejirika, then am comfortable with his c.v, am sure its also not the banker with a confused identity,
Abia state belongs to the PDP and I hope abia south presents a credible candidate at least to help fix even if its only Aba.

The "midget" part got to you, ehn kwa? Sorry. But you were/are comfortable hearing that the other group are ra-pis-ts, thieves and looters. You try.
Re: 2015: Diamond Bank Boss, Otti, Declares For Abia Governorship by omongbatim: 12:49am On Aug 19, 2014
"Abia state belongs to the PDP and I hope abia south presents a credible candidate at least to help fix even if its only Aba"

Correct, Aba needs serious fixing and I have a hunch only an Ngwa man will fix it better. And if Igbo in Abia reject zoning, then the larger Igbo society should not complain when the presidency is not zoned to them. Charity begins at home. BTW, I am non Ngwa.
Re: 2015: Diamond Bank Boss, Otti, Declares For Abia Governorship by MaziOmenuko: 6:10am On Aug 19, 2014
If PDP wants to retain Abia, they should give us a credible candidate! Ogar, Azubuike, Okonjo-Iweala! If they insist on zoning and present us with an Ngwa man without pedigree; the likes of Abaribe, Chukwuemeka Wogu, Acho Nwakanma et al; then they should be ready to loose Abia because we're tired of belated leadership.

omongbatim:

How about Reagan Ufomba, though of APGA?

Reagan has been contesting even against the so called zoning: he contested alongside TA and when he did, the Ngwa people didn't call him to order to respect the principle of zoning. But now, they want everyone to abide with zoning and leave them to contest for governorship alone! Lai-lai!!!! Everybody should print posters and buy form!

1 Like

Re: 2015: Diamond Bank Boss, Otti, Declares For Abia Governorship by Ngwakwe: 7:47am On Aug 19, 2014
MaziOmenuko: If PDP wants to retain Abia, they should give us a credible candidate! Ogar, Azubuike, Okonjo-Iweala! If they insist on zoning and present us with an Ngwa man without pedigree; the likes of Abaribe, Chukwuemeka Wogu, Acho Nwakanma et al; then they should be ready to loose Abia because we're tired of belated leadership.

Reagan has been contesting even against the so called zoning: he contested alongside TA and when he did, the Ngwa people didn't call him to order to respect the principle of zoning. But now, they want everyone to abide with zoning and leave them to contest for governorship alone! Lai-lai!!!! Everybody should print posters and buy form!

No Ngwa Politician has pedigree according to Omenuko, that's why Abia State has and will remain a slum until you bow down and receive the Messiah from Aba Zone to fix these decay your presumption led us to since 1991.

Aba was wonderful when the Political control was under the management of the Indigenous people until the so-called Managers from Afikpo, Bende and Umuahia handled the city that lays the golden eggs thereby sending us back to stone age.

I still curse the day Abia State was created with Aba Zone as part of it.
Re: 2015: Diamond Bank Boss, Otti, Declares For Abia Governorship by enyice(m): 9:52am On Aug 19, 2014
Gboliwe:

The "midget" part got to you, ehn kwa? Sorry. But you were/are comfortable hearing that the other group are ra-pis-ts, thieves and looters. You try.

Sir,
For the sake of your dignity, do not attempt to quote me again especially when you are being unreasonable.

If you are looking for someone to bandy words with, I am certainly not the ideal candidate, take your conjectures to ilks of greater pettiness.

Cheers...
Re: 2015: Diamond Bank Boss, Otti, Declares For Abia Governorship by asha80(m): 10:56am On Aug 19, 2014
Ngwakwe:

No Ngwa Politician has pedigree according to Omenuko, that's why Abia State has and will remain a slum until you bow down and receive the Messiah from Aba Zone to fix these decay your presumption led us to since 1991.

Aba was wonderful when the Political control was under the management of the Indigenous people until the so-called Managers from Afikpo, Bende and Umuahia handled the city that lays the golden eggs thereby sending us back to stone age.

I still curse the day Abia State was created with Aba Zone as part of it.
please can you explain your second paragragh further....was it under military era?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video: NA And Residents Moving Out Of Mubi / Welcome To Akwa Ibom The Promise Land / Photo: Inside Blair House Where Buhari Will Stay Throughout His Visit In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.