Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

UNAPOLOGETIC (story You Should Tell) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / UNAPOLOGETIC (story You Should Tell) (505 Views)

Story You Will Miss On Nairaland / What Is The Best Story You Have Read On Nairaland? / What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

UNAPOLOGETIC (story You Should Tell) by nairatrain: 8:45pm On Aug 18, 2014
UNAPOLOGETIC - Joseph O.I.
In a very narrow sense, the essence of apologies is to ease tension, and possible fix the problem. But most often a times, the reverse is achieved. When a person apologizes, sometimes the issue becomes more complicated. For instance, a person apologizing before knowing what has been done wrong. That kind of quick apology complicates things because the person is likely to repeat the same act that lead to the apology.

With the fore-going assertion, one can say that the backbone of a true apology is a mutual understanding of the situation that lead to that problem. When an issue arises and both parties understands it, knowing fully well where each of them crossed the line, only then can an issue be resolved through an apology.

A quicker and more efficient way of resolving issues other than apologies is to overlook the issue even before an apology. Therefore, instead of waiting for an apology you have already done what I like to describe as "Self-healing" thus rendering the inevitable apology void.
Most often a times, the apology is still needed by the person who has carried out self-healing, not for anything, but to know that the offender is aware of his transgressions. But the reason for forging is not based on the apology but because internal forgiving has already been done.
In other to be truely happy, we need to be satisfied with ourselves, and to do that we should be quick to apology, frugal with compliments, be thankful for everything and make forgiving a "Second Nature"

Your Thoughts

I would like to know what you think about this, leave a comment or two.

Thanks
Add me up on FB
http://fb.com/dajoe20

(1) (Reply)

Little Inspiration For You All / The Story / Pearls Of Love: Episode VIII

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.