Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? (13740 Views)

Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) / IFY - A Romantic Thriller / What Is The Best Story You Have Read On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by Sisikill: 1:58am On Aug 26, 2008
This is to sorta counter the romance book thread. I was reading the responses and seeing how some people (I confess I’m one of those people)  carry on like reading romance book is equivalent to plucking your brain cells out one by one and tossing 'em in the garbage,  made me realize how some of us belittle the idea behind these books.

So what if people believe in happily ever after, who wants to go into a relationship thinking it won’t last forever? Who wants to believe their partner won't not love, worship and adore them? Why would anyone think love, marriage and romance are beds of thorns instead of roses? No one! So why are we penalizing readers of romance books for their optimistic outlook? I suggest we change this mindset by taking the romance from the pages of the paperbacks and applying it into real life? Maybe if those who thumb their noses see that romance do exist outside the imaginations of Danielle Steel and Nora Roberts, they will be less inclined to scoff at it.

So here is the challenge - What is the Most Romantic Real Life Story you heard, witnessed or experience?  Tell us every little, itty bitty, nitty gritty detail of it. . . except of course it involves any parental figure then we ask that you please leave the nitty gritty details out of it. I'm sure there are many of us who would rather believe the baby stork delivered us, neatly packaged on our parent’s doorstep. . . please don't ruin it for us. tongue

Who will do the honors of starting us off?
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 27, 2008
I don't have any romantic stories cheesy but I do say marriage's a bed of roses, people think I'm mad. First, I'm not married and I've never been married grin. My reasons and beef cheesy with the marriage, thorns and roses theory is this--- Why should marriage be specifically picked upon as if conflicts do not exist in order spheres of life?
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by Sisikill: 2:21am On Aug 28, 2008
Lol, I get you. It's like everyone was living a fairy tale life BEFORE marriage the way some people carry on. On the other hand, one can also say when you are single, you have the problems of one which becomes that of 2 when you get married and to top it off, some partners are only partners by name. Instead of helping you out, they dump their own on you, so you are one person carrying the load of 2 . . . hmmm, in retrospective, maybe I was kinda over-reaching creating this thread.

There is no such thing as Real Life Romance. . . NO WONDER WE BURY OURSELVES IN ROMANCE BOOKS. 

Ah, there goes my experiment, oh well at least it shows we don't read romance because we're brainless, we read 'em to escape the harsh realities of our world.  cry
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by KarmaMod(f): 2:37am On Aug 28, 2008
we're waiting for yours Sisi
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by Sisikill: 3:09am On Aug 28, 2008
Lmao! Somehow, I don't think you or anyone else for that matter, will be interested in the love match between a cuckoo in the head human and tadpoles, toads, frogs and every other amphibian on the surface of this earth. Tee hee hee smiley

You wanna go first?
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by ariblaze(m): 10:43am On Aug 28, 2008
i just might have a story grin

would prolly need to write a disclaimer first

hmm, this is so juicy because this story is in the making

and sisi, to counter you , yes romance does exist and not just

in the literary texts of an accomplished writer, but in the hearts of peoples

this story, started strange and well now, ?

********sorry to cut that short would need to get my lawyer to draft a disclaimer before i write this*********
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by OpeLovely(f): 2:56pm On Aug 28, 2008
How David Beckham met Victoria

How Micheal Douglas met Catherine

How Kanu met his wife

e.t.c.
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by OpeLovely(f): 3:16pm On Aug 28, 2008
This is part of my writing skills. Enjoy.

Brian couldn't imagine life without her. The thought of not seeing her for a year was too much pain for him to bear. He remembered her soft chuckle, her rose scented skin, her dimples that could send a man's heart aflutter, her way of arguing when she was upset, all these made him yearn for her more.

Pulling himself from the window while the rain poured in sheets, he dragged himself to the kitchen to cook up supper. This was where they shared their first date. They were in high school back in the day and had no money for a decent date before he suggested making a dish for her. Because he couldn't cookj, he rushed to his grandma's house three streets away to beg her for her recipes. Three hours later, he whipped up a sphagetti combo with beef sauce. Priding himself with his talents, she arrived and they had had lunch until they dug in. The food was terrible. He was almost red with embarassment when she nearly choked.

Smiling to himself as he thought of those memories, he whipped up a frying pan. Afterall, three years later, he was now an expert in cuisine. Despite the hunger in his stomach, it couldn't erase the loneliness he felt nor the anguish he had when Tamia broke the news that she had to travel to Jamaica for a humanitarian program. Seeing his mood, she had assured him of e-mailing him constantly, calling as well as visiting every six weeks.

A knock on the door broke his thoughts. It was raining heavily and the thunderstorm was bad. Opening the door, he couldn't believe his eyes, it was Tamia. Soaked from head to toe.
'What are you doing here?' he asked, weakly as if he couldn't believe his eyes.
Sighing she replied' I couldn't go ahead with the trip, i got to the airport and i, couldnt imagine a night without you. I knew leaving would be the greatest mistake i would do in my life. I love you Brian and you are more important to me than the program'

Grabbing her, he hugged her under the rain, the lightning cracking in the distance. He gazed lovingly into her eyes for a second and kissed her cherry flavoured lips. The kiss was passionate and more elctrifying than the thunder that surfaced in the environment. Their wet bodies merged together as they held onto themselves, kissing and cuddling. Breaking away from the sweet embrace while holding her damp, cold and fragile hands, he asked.
'Will you marry me?'
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by iykedee: 9:12am On Aug 29, 2008
[hurries to get his sister's mills and boon]
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 29, 2008
blah blah blah! LOVE? hmnnnnnnnn, whats dat again
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by luckia(m): 10:02am On Aug 29, 2008
OpeLovely if i must comment on your romance story, then i must lookup in the dictionary for another word much more powerful than the word syrupy, i will like to have more of this from u, stories like this lives smile on my face for a very long unreadable time,

xnks

your profile, i just couldn't believe, love to hear from u soonest.

evergreen_luckia@yahoo.com
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by austria(f): 11:00am On Aug 29, 2008
Engineerd
do you want to tell me you don't belief in love or whatz the exclamation all about?
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by Caliente(m): 11:09am On Aug 29, 2008
[size=13pt]I got one, romantic in reverse. I loved this chic, she fuckd that dude, got this pregnancy and had a son.[/size]
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by Moyola(f): 11:15am On Aug 29, 2008
Hmmmn. . .

interesting!!
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by Caliente(m): 11:37am On Aug 29, 2008
[size=13pt]I forgot to add and we all lived apart happily ever after.[/size]
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by carmelily: 11:51am On Aug 29, 2008
3. Bonnie and Clyde grin
2. OBJ and Stella
1. Me and My BF kiss
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by slyk2(m): 12:13pm On Aug 29, 2008
Adamma and Chike story.
Fiction all the way. A trial will confuse you.
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by OpeLovely(f): 12:37pm On Aug 29, 2008
Thanks for appreciating my story which is all from my head. If you want more, then you'll have to bribe me.
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by Sisikill: 2:36pm On Aug 29, 2008
ariblaze:

i just might have a story grin

would prolly need to write a disclaimer first

hmm, this is so juicy because this story is in the making

and sisi, to counter you , yes romance does exist and not just

in the literary texts of an accomplished writer, but in the hearts of peoples

this story, started strange and well now, ?

********sorry to cut that short would need to get my lawyer to draft a disclaimer before i write this*********

Ah, what do we have here? Are you saying romance does exist outside the pages of a cheap paperback? Alrighty then, show us what you've got. We're waitin'  tongue

OpeLovely:

How David Beckham met Victoria

How Micheal Douglas met Catherine

How Kanu met his wife

e.t.c.

LOL, Nice try Opelovely but the challenge called for stories of people you actually know (and I am being presumptious thinking you don't know them, I apologize in advance if I'm wrong  tongue) not people whose romance has gone through more (PR) spinning than a dirty sock in a washing machine
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by Sisikill: 2:42pm On Aug 29, 2008
OpeLovely:

This is part of my writing skills. Enjoy.

Brian couldn't imagine life without her. The thought of not seeing her for a year was too much pain for him to bear. He remembered her soft chuckle, her rose scented skin, her dimples that could send a man's heart aflutter, her way of arguing when she was upset, all these made him yearn for her more.

Pulling himself from the window while the rain poured in sheets, he dragged himself to the kitchen to cook up supper. This was where they shared their first date. They were in high school back in the day and had no money for a decent date before he suggested making a dish for her. Because he couldn't cookj, he rushed to his grandma's house three streets away to beg her for her recipes. Three hours later, he whipped up a sphagetti combo with beef sauce. Priding himself with his talents, she arrived and they had had lunch until they dug in. The food was terrible. He was almost red with embarassment when she nearly choked.

Smiling to himself as he thought of those memories, he whipped up a frying pan. Afterall, three years later, he was now an expert in cuisine. Despite the hunger in his stomach, it couldn't erase the loneliness he felt nor the anguish he had when Tamia broke the news that she had to travel to Jamaica for a humanitarian program. Seeing his mood, she had assured him of e-mailing him constantly, calling as well as visiting every six weeks.

A knock on the door broke his thoughts. It was raining heavily and the thunderstorm was bad. Opening the door, he couldn't believe his eyes, it was Tamia. Soaked from head to toe.
'What are you doing here?' he asked, weakly as if he couldn't believe his eyes.
Sighing she replied' I couldn't go ahead with the trip, i got to the airport and i, couldnt imagine a night without you. I knew leaving would be the greatest mistake i would do in my life. I love you Brian and you are more important to me than the program'

Grabbing her, he hugged her under the rain, the lightning cracking in the distance. He gazed lovingly into her eyes for a second and kissed her cherry flavoured lips. The kiss was passionate and more elctrifying than the thunder that surfaced in the environment. Their wet bodies merged together as they held onto themselves, kissing and cuddling. Breaking away from the sweet embrace while holding her damp, cold and fragile hands, he asked.
'Will you marry me?'

Awwwww! Now this is so sweet! Makes my heart go [i]gisgis [/i]and that's why I know it's not real! Oh Opelovely, what are you doing to us? Teasing us so. . . this is unfair, it's like dangling freshly buttered roasted turkey legs in from of a hungry man.  cry

On a serious note, that was some mighty fine writing. You should join us in the Role Play thread. . . started by LadyT and StephenP two of nairaland's best writers.
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by Sisikill: 2:50pm On Aug 29, 2008
iykedee:

[hurries to get his sister's mills and boon]

Hmmm, sure it's your sister's mills and boon? Hey, there ain't no shame in it.  wink

Caliente:

[size=13pt]I got one, romantic in reverse. I loved this chic, she fuckd that dude, got this pregnancy and had a son.[/size]
Caliente:

[size=13pt]I forgot to add and we all lived apart happily ever after.[/size]

Bwahahaha! I'm gonna get flamed by the romantics for what I'm about to say but I have to say it. . . This is the most romantic real life story so far.  grin Sh!t happens and instead of going my world is about to end crazy, whining all over the place about lost love, broken heart, disturbing the peace with your sniffling. . .  you bravely moved on. My hear melts!  kiss
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by Sisikill: 2:56pm On Aug 29, 2008
luckia:

OpeLovely if i must comment on your romance story, then i must lookup in the dictionary for another word much more powerful than the word syrupy,  i will like to have more of this from u,  stories like this lives smile on my face for a very long unreadable time,

xnks

your profile, i just couldn't believe,  love to hear from u soonest.

evergreen_luckia@yahoo.com

Oh la la! Luckia has just added another twist to the matter at hand - [b]True Life Love Story comes out of Imaginary Life Love Story. [/b]Schweeeeeeet!  kiss grin

Not even in my wildest imaginations could I have come up with this scenario. Oya Opelovely, it's ya turn, complete the story for us!  wink
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by sistawoman: 5:15pm On Aug 29, 2008
I must say before i write this I am not a writer and do not profess to be one but because Sisi asked that i tell my story here I will do so. This just happened over the past week between my husband and I:

Monday was the first day back to school for the children and we were all very excited. My eldest son (11) was starting middle school and now had to do something he had never done, catch the metro bus to and from school on his own. My other two children (girl 8, boy 6) now had to walk home from school alone w/o the assistance of their brother.

My husband and I agreed that I would take the children to school, as I always do on the first day, and then he and I had an appointment later in the day. I did not know that I would feel so anxious about my son riding the bus home alone prior to making the appointment but I did. So I canceled the appointment w/o consulting my husband and then lied to my husband about the appointment. I told him the office canceled it when in fact i did.

He followed up and confronted me about the re-scheduled appointment. I admitted I lied and told him the real reason behind the re-scheduling and the lying. He insisted that I was stilly lying and I sarcastically told him that I was hiding a secret and was not going to tell him. He said fine and that would be the last time I spoke to him at 4pm Monday afternoon.

He came to our home after work Monday night and took our truck, my keys to the truck, my wallet and all of my credit cards. He left me with $42.00 that I happened to have upstairs in a dresser drawer. He did not pay my driver for the week so I was forced to catch the bus to and from work.

I had not been to the store so I was forced to shop at the local store and carry my groceries home. He refused to pick my calls and stayed at the apartment he had before we were married.

I cared for the children, placed them down to bed each night and cried myself to sleep. He would come to home late at night while I was sleep. I knew because he would leave the screen door unlocked so I knew he was there.

His brother, who lives here in the States contacted him and told him to forget this silly thing and come home to your wife and your home and your step-children. This thing that he is doing has gone too far and if he does not stop it he will loose it all.

He finally answered the phone on Tuesday night and would not say a word. I spoke into the phone with a soft tone, telling him again what I said in text messages and voicemail messages I am sorry, I am sorry I lied to you, I am sorry I did not consult you and I am sorry that on Monday morning I called and insulted you via voicemail. He would not say a word as he listened I could hear him crying. I knew then that he missed me as much as I missed him.

When I got home from work on Wednesday night there still was no contact from my husband. I prepared his favorite dish, lasagna, along with some breakfast food called a cab and went to the apartment. He was not there as expected, he was at work, and I put the food away and left him a note on heating instructions. I picked up the apartment and left.

When I returned home his brother called me again to ask if my husband had returned home or called me. I told him no and he was very very angry at his brother for his stubborn behavior. He told me that a lesser woman would have left him and packed his things out of the house. But that for some reason I have tremendous love for my husband and he can see that.

I did not know this at the time but his brother contacted all of the other siblings, their parents are dead, his brother in London, his brother in Italy, his brother and sister in Nigeria all called me Thursday afternoon to tell me my husband would be home w/in the hour and that I should show him my back until he begs for forgiveness and then only, if I want to should I forgive him.

He did on Thursday come home w/in one hour. My sons birthday party was scheduled for Thursday and my husband showed up one hour early to talk to me. I turned my back to him as instructed and he begged for my forgiveness as his sister told me he would. He asked that I forgive him for his childish behavior to please except a small gift from him to me to show that he is truly sorry.

He took me outside and parked in front of our house was the very car I had talked about wanting from him to me. A brand new fully loaded Jetta in my favorite color blue. The stickers were still in the windows and he, thru his connections, already had hard plates on it. He told me the car is mine weather I take him back or not and that he hoped I would take him back. That a better woman could not be found anywhere in the world.

We went inside and we talked and talked and talked. We cried, talked, kissed and talked some more. We laid everything on the table and talked and discussed all of our concerns that had just been boiling under the surface. We broke to have the birthday party, he went to work and when he returned home last night from work, we made love like we did on our wedding night.

I missed my husbands touch and I knew by the way he cried last night, in front of me, that it pained him too to be away from me. I knew that he missed me as well. And I knew that this type of thing would never happen again between us. For the first time all week I was able to close my eyes and sleep the whole night and when I woke in the morning it was his face that I saw. I knew that it was not a dream and that my nightmare was over. My husband was back home in his rightful place next to me.

I returned to work today and every person in my office saw that my face was bright my att. was up tempo and that i had returened to the woman I was before this all started.
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by Sisikill: 5:59pm On Aug 29, 2008
Awwwww. . . Sisterwoman, I'm happy for you and I'll totally understand if you are reading this with one eyebrow raised since I am one of the people championing for his head on a stake but honestly, I mean it. My hope is that he really appreciates you now and if he doesn't, you have my permission to show him my posts on the other thread. . . You know the post I kinda alluded to castration with a blunt object? Yeah, that one. If that doesn't make him appreciate the treasure he has in you, I don't know what will.

Before I get called out as a gold digger (which I can be. . . Sometimes) I am happy for Sisterwoman because she's happy again and not because she got a car.

Thanks for posting. kiss
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by ariblaze(m): 6:28pm On Aug 29, 2008
aha doubting thomases you can read she?

sisikill especially you

meanwhile my girlfriend has not returned my sms or my calls

sistawoman i hope we wont have to reenact your story oooo
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by Seun(m): 6:42pm On Aug 29, 2008
What did he do that he had to bribe you with a car? Got to read that story soon!
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by blackgucci(m): 7:09pm On Aug 29, 2008
once upon a time:
i broke up with my girlfriend and i lived happily ever after:

could romance get better:
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by Riskie(f): 7:13pm On Aug 29, 2008
blackgucci:

once upon a time:
i broke up with my girlfriend and i lived happily ever after:

could romance get better:

Someone sounds bitter. Just saying. . . lipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by blackgucci(m): 7:23pm On Aug 29, 2008
bitter nah i dont think so,
thanks for saying!
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 30, 2008
O boy are you sure this is real? because if not i will personally report you to the moderator
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by sistawoman: 9:39pm On Aug 31, 2008
ariblaze:

aha doubting thomases you can read she?

sisikill especially you

meanwhile my girlfriend has not returned my sms or my calls

sistawoman i hope we wont have to reenact your story oooo

What i did not write in the story was that I prayed. I prayed alot. I think i prayed more during those 4 days than I have ever prayed in my life. My closest friends prayed with me, for me and around me. I had friends that prayed on the phone with me that my husbands heart be softened.

I asked God that if it was really ment to be with this man that you soften his heart and return him home to me. And God did just that. All praise and glory be onto him.

I love that man with all my heart, mind, body and soul. And am so glad that i get to spend my twilight years with him.
Re: What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? by ariblaze(m): 6:32am On Sep 01, 2008
awwww so sweet grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus / The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations / Blogs Of Famous Nigerian Writers/Authors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.