Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,604 members, 7,827,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

This Is Really So Confusing And Mind Bugging..plz Take A Look at this dog - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / This Is Really So Confusing And Mind Bugging..plz Take A Look at this dog (4606 Views)

What Name Will Best Suit This Dog? / Just Got This Dog Today. / Pls Guys Help Me Identify This Dog ( 7 Months Old ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Really So Confusing And Mind Bugging..plz Take A Look at this dog by kuzee(m): 11:16pm On Aug 18, 2014
recently I posted a thread for the sale of a german sherpherd puppies nd uploaded the pix of both parent.
Now some say they are not pure breed and also not a german sherpherd. and a buyer said it an asatian dog.
my question now is what is the different between german shepherd and asatian dog provided the slant back.
and plz what is the maximum price of asatian and german sherpherd puppies plz..
it really so tiring that buyers want to buy puppies and they say they dnt want mix breed..my question again is how can you satisfy their questions.

plz tell me what breed is this dog and if it is cross..an honest reply
I dnt hace a clearer pix of the pups,but will be taken tomorrow/

Re: This Is Really So Confusing And Mind Bugging..plz Take A Look at this dog by SUNY1PIAN0: 6:00am On Aug 19, 2014
it looks cross
Re: This Is Really So Confusing And Mind Bugging..plz Take A Look at this dog by alakara(m): 8:53am On Aug 19, 2014
I don't think the stud is a pure breed. Alsatian and GSD are the same thing.Slant Back or whatever depends on the breed. Both slant and straight back are GSD. What is worth doing at all is worth doing well

1 Like

Re: This Is Really So Confusing And Mind Bugging..plz Take A Look at this dog by Eveezy(m): 8:58am On Aug 19, 2014
Well I will call it a Nigerian german shepherd, it may not be 100% but I assure that it is not ekuke like sum people might say, some of them have white legs which is not oaught to be, the facial muzzle is not like that of full breed german shepherd and also the ears, but instead of calling it a cross, I will call it a non wellbred german shepherd, nd about the alsatian name,there is no difference between the german shepherd and alsatian dog, but of recent in nigeria, people call sum specific dogs alsatian, I never knew until I purchased a so called "alsatian" puppy, I was so surprised cause these people that call diz dogs alsatian re d "so called breeders" nd sum oda "people that kee dogs and want to breed them @ all cost" and seems like they know close to nothing about breed of dogs, they are only in it for the money,I realized that the "alsatian dogs in nigeria are the ones that have been crossed wit local dogs or hav bin mixed several tyms wit different breeds, nd dier origin is nt known again. If someone calls ur dog an alsatian, since they mean same wit gsd, u ve d right to say its gsd especially since u can trace its origin to the original german shepherd dog. As for the price, ur normal 20k nd 25k is fair enough to me, no one should ask for less, because am quite sure that dose that call it alsatian re dose same ones that want it sold at a less price, nd if they want a 100% pedigree, dey shuld ve it imported or pay gud money to buy it here. I am going to attach a pics of a so called "alsatian dog" a breeder wanted to sell for 15k, normally the price would attract people but the dog is ntin close to d real alsatian infct its a God 4bid, so my guy 100% pure or nt d ancestry is known nd even if u wan reduce, dnt mk d price any close to 15k except ofcourse u paraventure jst want to get dem sold out fast nd loose more. Cos d alsatian I saw is not even worth 5k to me, bt d seller who told me he is a breeder demanded 15k, nd anoda one in particular demanded 35k nd I was lyk "for dt mutt? Plzz kipppp it" so in conclusion, d alsatian dog in nigeria is a mutt or mongrel I.e their ancestry is nt known bt in general term, an alsatian is a german shepherd

Re: This Is Really So Confusing And Mind Bugging..plz Take A Look at this dog by SUNY1PIAN0: 9:09am On Aug 19, 2014
Eveezy: Well I will call it a Nigerian german shepherd, it may not be 100% but I assure that it is not ekuke like sum people might say, some of them have white legs which is not oaught to be, the facial muzzle is not like that of full breed german shepherd and also the ears, but instead of calling it a cross, I will call it a non wellbred german shepherd, nd about the alsatian name,there is no difference between the german shepherd and alsatian dog, but of recent in nigeria, people call sum specific dogs alsatian, I never knew until I purchased a so called "alsatian" puppy, I was so surprised cause these people that call diz dogs alsatian re d "so called breeders" nd sum oda "people that kee dogs and want to breed them @ all cost" and seems like they know close to nothing about breed of dogs, they are only in it for the money,I realized that the "alsatian dogs in nigeria are the ones that have been crossed wit local dogs or hav bin mixed several tyms wit different breeds, nd dier origin is nt known again. If someone calls ur dog an alsatian, since they mean same wit gsd, u ve d right to say its gsd especially since u can trace its origin to the original german shepherd dog. As for the price, ur normal 20k nd 25k is fair enough to me, no one should ask for less, because am quite sure that dose that call it alsatian re dose same ones that want it sold at a less price, nd if they want a 100% pedigree, dey shuld ve it imported or pay gud money to buy it here. I am going to attach a pics of a so called "alsatian dog" a breeder wanted to sell for 15k, normally the price would attract people but the dog is ntin close to d real alsatian infct its a God 4bid, so my guy 100% pure or nt d ancestry is known nd even if u wan reduce, dnt mk d price any close to 15k except ofcourse u paraventure jst want to get dem sold out fast nd loose more. Cos d alsatian I saw is not even worth 5k to me, bt d seller who told me he is a breeder demanded 15k, nd anoda one in particular demanded 35k nd I was lyk "for dt mutt? Plzz kipppp it" so in conclusion, d alsatian dog in nigeria is a mutt or mongrel I.e their ancestry is nt known bt in general term, an alsatian is a german shepherd

gbam!!!! word
Re: This Is Really So Confusing And Mind Bugging..plz Take A Look at this dog by kuzee(m): 9:18am On Aug 19, 2014
so much love your thought.
the price 25k is fair enough
I could have snap the mating pix if those dogs,I seem to wonder what breed is actually those dog coz my vet also said they are pure gsd.also if can at least show me the real predigree gsd puppies.I will also snap a clearer pix of the puppies
Re: This Is Really So Confusing And Mind Bugging..plz Take A Look at this dog by Eveezy(m): 9:47am On Aug 19, 2014
kuzee: so much love your thought.
the price 25k is fair enough
I could have snap the mating pix if those dogs,I seem to wonder what breed is actually those dog coz my vet also said they are pure gsd.also if can at least show me the real predigree gsd puppies.I will also snap a clearer pix of the puppies
I will attach sum pics of sum very gud GSD pups 4 sale in 9ja here, but ofcourse the price is high, cos very pure bred GSDs in 9ja is very hard to cum by. So in other words I would say dey re paying for what dey re getting, infct dey want to pay far less for what they would get because ur GSD re gud Nigerian GSD, fyn maybe nt 100% bt dey re definitely better dan sum dogs people pose as GSD, I will also attach a pics of what sumone called a GSD, so u cn see dt urs is quite beta

Re: This Is Really So Confusing And Mind Bugging..plz Take A Look at this dog by kuzee(m): 12:30pm On Aug 19, 2014
Eveezy:
I will attach sum pics of sum very gud GSD pups 4 sale in 9ja here, but ofcourse the price is high, cos very pure bred GSDs in 9ja is very hard to cum by. So in other words I would say dey re paying for what dey re getting, infct dey want to pay far less for what they would get because ur GSD re gud Nigerian GSD, fyn maybe nt 100% bt dey re definitely better dan sum dogs people pose as GSD, I will also attach a pics of what sumone called a GSD, so u cn see dt urs is quite beta
nd plz what is the actual price of the real pure gsd pups
Re: This Is Really So Confusing And Mind Bugging..plz Take A Look at this dog by Eveezy(m): 6:39pm On Aug 19, 2014
Prices of gsd varies according to the individual selling it, one can see a gud GSD from 30k upwards, like the pups I pics I attached, d straight back is sold for 40k, slant back 120k, and straight bk crosses with a slant is sold for 80k. Those re the last prices I mentioned, the dogs are not mine though, but I ve had several GSD in past years, but I currently have a male GSD nd I got him for 35k. Someone who is in need of money could sell @ any price he deems fit, I may not know so much about other breed of dogs 100%, but when u re talking of GSD, I would say they ve kinda been my obsession since childhood. Plus am not a breeder,I just keep dogs, several, have never breed any of my females,
Re: This Is Really So Confusing And Mind Bugging..plz Take A Look at this dog by kuzee(m): 7:49pm On Aug 19, 2014
Eveezy: Prices of gsd varies according to the individual selling it, one can see a gud GSD from 30k upwards, like the pups I pics I attached, d straight back is sold for 40k, slant back 120k, and straight bk crosses with a slant is sold for 80k. Those re the last prices I mentioned, the dogs are not mine though, but I ve had several GSD in past years, but I currently have a male GSD nd I got him for 35k. Someone who is in need of money could sell @ any price he deems fit, I may not know so much about other breed of dogs 100%, but when u re talking of GSD, I would say they ve kinda been my obsession since childhood. Plus am not a breeder,I just keep dogs, several, have never breed any of my females,
you are just so good..dnt know where to fit in..can I see your current GSD?
I just snap the puppies,take a look at it well plz and tell me what breed is it

Re: This Is Really So Confusing And Mind Bugging..plz Take A Look at this dog by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 20, 2014
Bros. U can't tell how a dog wi turn out when it's a puppy as u are holding in ur hands. Why? Cuz all pups are cute looking. Av u seen ninja local dog puppies? They are cute as hell. That is why u demand to see d father n mother of a puppy cos dat is what d puppy will look like when it's grown. So bro, be calm and take d puppy , feed it well, train it, gauge d temprament and energy and u might av urself a fascinating dog.

To the guy that's talking about straight n slant back german shepered, well if truly you are obsessed with gsd. U should know that a gsd straight back does not mean it's not full breed oo. Gsd are either German working line ( straight back) or American show line( slant back) AKC, america kernel club standard only allows d slant back as real bread gsd but as the name read gsd is originally a german dog and it was used for its intelligence, strength and wonderful loyal temprament in d german world of old. The Germans still prefer d straight back, some people still prefer d slant back too. D slant back always develop hip problem later in life which never happens to d straight back. So do ur research well before confusing pple. A full gsd can be either line, but to be sure it's full, u check d temprament, energy, focus, loyalty, intelligence and of course color n appearance. If u take care of a 70% gsd it will come out better than a 100% gsd that was not well fed and taken care of. I have a gsd of my own and I love her. She is my everything, I do not joke with my dog.

Oh, by the way, she's 5 months n a week old. Big, strong, really cute , loyal, friendly, and trained to do 6 tricks, she is intelligent and when I got her I was told she is not full breed by people who claim they know gsd cos she is not slant back. Did my research and took excellent care of my dog and dose same breeders in my area are booking down for her puppies.

1 Like

Re: This Is Really So Confusing And Mind Bugging..plz Take A Look at this dog by kuzee(m): 8:55am On Aug 20, 2014
jbonito1: Bros. U can't tell how a dog wi turn out when it's a puppy as u are holding in ur hands. Why? Cuz all pups are cute looking. Av u seen ninja local dog puppies? They are cute as hell. That is why u demand to see d father n mother of a puppy cos dat is what d puppy will look like when it's grown. So bro, be calm and take d puppy , feed it well, train it, gauge d temprament and energy and u might av urself a fascinating dog.

To the guy that's talking about straight n slant back german shepered, well if truly you are obsessed with gsd. U should know that a gsd straight back does not mean it's not full breed oo. Gsd are either German working line ( straight back) or American show line( slant back) AKC, america kernel club standard only allows d slant back as real bread gsd but as the name read gsd is originally a german dog and it was used for its intelligence, strength and wonderful loyal temprament in d german world of old. The Germans still prefer d straight back, some people still prefer d slant back too. D slant back always develop hip problem later in life which never happens to d straight back. So do ur research well before confusing pple. A full gsd can be either line, but to be sure it's full, u check d temprament, energy, focus, loyalty, intelligence and of course color n appearance. If u take care of a 70% gsd it will come out better than a 100% gsd that was not well fed and taken care of. I have a gsd of my own and I love her. She is my everything, I do not joke with my dog.

Oh, by the way, she's 5 months n a week old. Big, strong, really cute , loyal, friendly, and trained to do 6 tricks, she is intelligent and when I got her I was told she is not full breed by people who claim they know gsd cos she is not slant back. Did my research and took excellent care of my dog and dose same breeders in my area are booking down for her puppies.
wow
love ur dog.
seems u know so much..i have really learnt alot.i will do as you have said..by the way wat 6 trick is dat?
And what is the cost of your dog
Re: This Is Really So Confusing And Mind Bugging..plz Take A Look at this dog by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 20, 2014
kuzee:
wow
love ur dog.
seems u know so much..i have really learnt alot.i will do as you have said..by the way wat 6 trick is dat?
And what is the cost of your dog

Thanx. Tasha can sit, shake, fetch a ball, play tug and leave on command, lay down, and stay for about 30-50 seconds. ( stay is not so easy bro).

She cost me 40k.
Re: This Is Really So Confusing And Mind Bugging..plz Take A Look at this dog by Eveezy(m): 1:18pm On Aug 20, 2014
jbonito1: Bros. U can't tell how a dog wi turn out when it's a puppy as u are holding in ur hands. Why? Cuz all pups are cute looking. Av u seen ninja local dog puppies? They are cute as hell. That is why u demand to see d father n mother of a puppy cos dat is what d puppy will look like when it's grown. So bro, be calm and take d puppy , feed it well, train it, gauge d temprament and energy and u might av urself a fascinating dog.

Ur dog is cute, and I dnt tink I mentioned anitin about original GSD being d slant back,common for someone that knows about the breed should knw that german shepherds are of two types, straight back I.e d working line nd slantback d sholine dogs. And mind u d slant back was neva bred in germany, it was bred in America, so many people frown against what dey did to d breed by making it a roach back. I ve only kept straight bk GSDs, I dnt tink I nid. Slant back, they re mostly for shows as dey seem pleasing to the eyes but re nt as efficient as d straight bk. So please dnt misquote me, I didn't see his dog wasn't a GSD, I said that instead of calling it a cross or mix, I would rather say its nt well bred cos a d fault it has, lyk d white legs nd nt errect ears, cos GSD re only permited to grow white @ d chest region nd little @ dier back nd tails bt nt totally white in d legs. so please we re still on dsame track. Am gona attach a pics of my 9 month old gsd female I sold nt long ago,

Re: This Is Really So Confusing And Mind Bugging..plz Take A Look at this dog by aguizm(m): 2:51pm On Aug 20, 2014
Please eveezy it seems you know very much abt GSD,Please help in telling me how pure my 3 months GSD I got from a vet in Port Harcourt late June.
Re: This Is Really So Confusing And Mind Bugging..plz Take A Look at this dog by kuzee(m): 7:33pm On Aug 20, 2014
jbonito1:

Thanx. Tasha can sit, shake, fetch a ball, play tug and leave on command, lay down, and stay for about 30-50 seconds. ( stay is not so easy bro).

She cost me 40k.
wow the price is much.
by the way does she respond when u call out her name?
Re: This Is Really So Confusing And Mind Bugging..plz Take A Look at this dog by Nobody: 6:46am On Aug 21, 2014
kuzee:
wow the price is much.
by the way does she respond when u call out her name?

Yep. But I realize she responds to 'come' when I'm squating. Cuz I made c mistake of teaching her that way
Re: This Is Really So Confusing And Mind Bugging..plz Take A Look at this dog by Benbobola(m): 11:02am On Aug 21, 2014
Am an animal meat scientist and i have friends in animal genetics. Had some rabbits dat looked like new zealand whites but i had to be sure. so i took their blood samples and took them to the lab for analyzing for protein loci. This would help me determine the breed and ow far gone their breed is from the original new zealand white. This same procedure can be repeated for dogs dat are mutts and you are concerned about the origin. if u have time and money, u can try to do this. DNA mapping is expensive to do here in nigeria but calculating protein loci should help determine origin for a cheaper fee. Thank you!
Re: This Is Really So Confusing And Mind Bugging..plz Take A Look at this dog by SUNY1PIAN0: 6:13pm On Aug 21, 2014
sad undecided what are u saying

Benbobola: Am an animal meat scientist and i have friends in animal genetics. Had some rabbits dat looked like new zealand whites but i had to be sure. so i took their blood samples and took them to the lab for analyzing for protein loci. This would help me determine the breed and ow far gone their breed is from the original new zealand white. This same procedure can be repeated for dogs dat are mutts and you are concerned about the origin. if u have time and money, u can try to do this. DNA mapping is expensive to do here in nigeria but calculating protein loci should help determine origin for a cheaper fee. Thank you!
Re: This Is Really So Confusing And Mind Bugging..plz Take A Look at this dog by kuzee(m): 1:26am On Aug 22, 2014
jbonito1:

Yep. But I realize she responds to 'come' when I'm squating. Cuz I made c mistake of teaching her that way
by the way what kind of food do you give to ur puppy?
Re: This Is Really So Confusing And Mind Bugging..plz Take A Look at this dog by kuzee(m): 1:28am On Aug 22, 2014
Benbobola: Am an animal meat scientist and i have friends in animal genetics. Had some rabbits dat looked like new zealand whites but i had to be sure. so i took their blood samples and took them to the lab for analyzing for protein loci. This would help me determine the breed and ow far gone their breed is from the original new zealand white. This same procedure can be repeated for dogs dat are mutts and you are concerned about the origin. if u have time and money, u can try to do this. DNA mapping is expensive to do here in nigeria but calculating protein loci should help determine origin for a cheaper fee. Thank you!
dnt u think dat is a waste of time
Re: This Is Really So Confusing And Mind Bugging..plz Take A Look at this dog by Benbobola(m): 2:51am On Aug 22, 2014
kuzee:
dnt u think dat is a waste of time
Well, dats y i said if u av time and are really serious about knowing their origin. its basically science and not seen as a waste of time. if u wer into science more, u wuld undastand its never a waste of time. Buh as u may not be interested, u may keep calling them ( dog breeds watever u like). Moreover, u said u wanted to know what breed they were and av proffered a solution rather than all of us here to kip guessing because all everybody here is talking about is phenotypic variances and not genetic. Ciao, bro! thanks again!
Re: This Is Really So Confusing And Mind Bugging..plz Take A Look at this dog by Seun(m): 4:15am On Aug 22, 2014
If you like the parents' looks and their size and behaviour, buy the puppies. 100% purity doesn't matter much unless you plan to breed them.
Re: This Is Really So Confusing And Mind Bugging..plz Take A Look at this dog by kuzee(m): 4:33pm On Aug 23, 2014
Seun: If you like the parents' looks and their size and behaviour, buy the puppies. 100% purity doesn't matter much unless you plan to breed them.
i jux tire..
haters park well
Re: This Is Really So Confusing And Mind Bugging..plz Take A Look at this dog by SUNY1PIAN0: 11:20pm On Aug 24, 2014
ok meaning if u wana breed so if for just pet get it if u like it ..... "if u like it "
but breeds dnt look at it twice
lmao grin
Re: This Is Really So Confusing And Mind Bugging..plz Take A Look at this dog by kuzee(m): 8:49pm On Aug 31, 2014
how can you make a dog looks like a giant?

(1) (Reply)

35k Lovely Male Lhasa Apso pups now available in Port Harcourt / The Most Beautiful White Snake (photo) / SOLD! SOLD!!Puppies from this combo Available For Booking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.