Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,422 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

When Shall Jesus Come Again? Paul and Jesus Explain. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Shall Jesus Come Again? Paul and Jesus Explain. (692 Views)

Did Jesus Come To Bring Peace Or Not? / Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala / Why Did Jesus Come??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When Shall Jesus Come Again? Paul and Jesus Explain. by huxley(m): 10:38am On Oct 22, 2008
Jesus said he was going to come back in the lifetime of his listening audience, as in

Mark 9: 1,
And Jesus was saying to them, "Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God after it has come with power."

Mark 13: 30,
Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

John 21:
22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.

23 Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?

Luke 21:32
"Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all things take place."

Matt 10: 23
But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

As if these failed prophecies were not bad enough,  Paul also gets into the act of making predictions about Jesus's coming, as in;

1 Thessalonians 4

15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

It has been nearly 2000 years since these prediction were made.  Has any of it come true?
Re: When Shall Jesus Come Again? Paul and Jesus Explain. by IDINRETE: 12:07pm On Oct 22, 2008
hux

chei! you no dey rest at all
have you got itchy fingers?

(1) (Reply)

Fear Fighter / Isn Tithing Part Of The Jewish Law / a THIEF and a ROBBER – Compare & Contrast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.